Discontinued The Grasshopper

AJS

Calm Consistency
Just picked this piece up and while a bit bigger than I expected. Paired with the the hopper and pfe........YES!!!

cu5ReD9.jpg

Wow sick piece!!

Anyone try the performance front end yet? I ordered one to try. The idea of much better airflow has me sold.
Significantly more pleasant and natural experience through glass

I prefer the stock mouthpiece dry.

Baron23

If your back-end got hot (like mine gets hot on my SS hopper), you would know it's too hot. There is no doubt. Within 5 seconds, I would say someone with sensitive fingers could burn themselves with blistering ... I'd say within about 10 I'm there and I can hold my hands for way too long in unbelievably hot temperatures from decades of cleaning pipes and water bongs in super hot water :)
Yeah, I get it that there are back ends out there that you can fry an egg on. But, unless I was mistaken (which I may) we seemed for a bit to wonder about conflating back end heat with SS PFE getting hot. My only point was my back end doesn't even get a little warm but my PFE is scalding after a load. Who knows?

Baron23,
Reactions: JCat

AJS

Calm Consistency
Yeah, I get it that there are back ends out there that you can fry an egg on. But, unless I was mistaken (which I may) we seemed for a bit to wonder about conflating back end heat with SS PFE getting hot. My only point was my back end doesn't even get a little warm but my PFE is scalding after a load. Who knows?
If they put time and effort into making an egg cooker that gets as hot as quickly as my backend I would cut my morning routine by 4 minutes.

At least it still works!

Edit: and to answer someone else, mine is Ti with hot backend issue ... my friend has SS with no hot backend.

JoeMama

Doing Touch and Go's these days here... Nice to see everyone is being civil! :cool: :lmao:

Uh, guys, why does this "zenpen the dream" thing look just like a Hopper? I mean, if I was HL I'd be quite upset. This frame from the posted video is pretty cool, looks like what would be inside a Hopper, too.

ZWKugsM.png

Edit: speaking of inconsistent, I've had times where a hopper will perform like you mention (improperly but adequately) where after leaving it sometime (eg. overnight until the next session) it seems to have 'reset' and works properly (especially noticeable with AVB colour which ranges from tan brown when it's working improperly to near black when it's normal at the same temp level).
What kind of ambient temp are you toking in @JCat?

@GreenHopper that sums it up quite impeccably!! :tup: Both of your current concerns are bang on, and reflect how I feel, but I would add DOA to the immediate Re-RMAing as well. The thing is, and has been reported on other forums - is that they all work differently. Something changes in the calibration, or as @JCat noted his works better on 4 than 5, that's completely unacceptable. And I really think alot of owners that think their GH's work fine, don't... perhaps they may be lower temp vaporists, or who knows but some of us know what a REAL GH works like, and some of us (myself included) have provided stellar videos of this. Would be nice to see some more videos in this thread, as well as participation. Mostly lurkers.

Right on, to all of you here (@GreenHopper , you too!)...

The insight is that these things are temperamental beasts and there seems to be no calibration standard at the QA point of HL's production. That just is my feeling, so don't nobody go and thrash me for shit I don't know. :lol:
I have two Ti's, and one of them is a beast, and the other is more timid by at least one hash mark on the Temp dial.

I'm living with it. When (not if) they get worse or fail, I'll deal. Firewire 4 at the ready.

I'm kind of done with my fanaticism about the Hopper. Yes, I would recommend it for anyone who digs big clouds and fast hits, along with the caveat about its finicky nature (I gifted one to my nephew on Xmas and he got too frustrated to deal so it's probably sitting in a drawer). I would be honest and say that if I had one, I'd be nervous.

Perhaps, though, the real reason is that I've leveled on how, when, and how much I vape. Both the Hopper and the FW4 take care of my VAS quite nicely.

Check that... I mean, TWO Hoppers and the FW4. :nod:

Icon13

Serial Vapist
It's really funny, I've been suspended multiple times and given multiple warnings by the moderators for discussing my negative experience and negative views of this product. I've even had a lot of users get on my case as if I was being fussy and difficult. Now that's pretty much what this thread has become.

I did notice happy users Came In Waves, became unhappy, and left, all while new users entered the thread in Phase 1, happiness.

If they don't fix this fast, they are not going to have many new users.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
There's some Tahoe OG in my GH right now. One of the few sunny days we've had. Out enjoying the yard. This is my favorite way to enjoy the Grasshopper with this WT.

Usually if I have a lot of problems with a vaporizer I usually lose interest after awhile and stop posting. Lack of posts usually shows the lack of enthusiasm for a vaporizer. Wishing only good things for HL.

I assume I will have to eventually use my warranty. Until that day comes I will really enjoy this little powerhouse.

Cn76LxR.jpg

duff

Well worn
I've been suspended multiple times and given multiple warnings by the moderators for discussing my negative experience and negative views of this product
Maybe you were suspended for forcing us to look up Kermie's bung!

Lack of posts usually shows the lack of enthusiasm for a vaporizer.
Ain't that the truth.
(Although it looks like you are about to have a lovely day)

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
So I'm chilling at mine with an old friend of mine.

I'm using my OmniVap native, he's using his SS GH through the MFLB Orbiter. He's had his SS GH for 5 months with no RMA's and he uses it for about 10 big hits through water a week.

Right now it's a mixture of Amnesia Haze during the day and Blueberry for evening time.

When the PFE came out I grabbed him one and 2x GHB2's.

He's exclaimed at how long the GHB2's seem to be lasting (2x GHB2's = 10x 15s draws).

He's also quite taken by the hit through the PFE, in fact he's turn down the temp from 5 to 4.

Most importantly I just got -7 on Wii Gold and my first ever 'Hole In One' :rockon:

He's got his first -6 :clap:

It's Halo ODST (FF Lost Platoon) time "Oooh got the brain".

duff

Well worn
Modnote: If you were kicked out of your house by your wonderful spouse and looking to chat - that discussion was moved. -vtac :peace:

Wife and i woke up early, picked up my in-laws and drove four hours to watch my college son row.

As usual, I packed my Hopper and VC for the journey. Unfortunately, my Hopper has left me stranded before :mad:.

After I dropped everyone off so I could "park the car," I packed the Hopper up and took four long draws. MP was getting warm but little flavor and no vapor. I didn't have any time to look at it so I walked down to the lake and played the proud papa.

About 15 minutes later I saw a window for me to sneak away again and whip out my VC since I was way too sober... I mean sure I enjoy driving my in-laws all over this country, but c'mon.

The Hopper was much more accessible than my VC at the moment so I loaded it again and took a drag.

Fuck! Nothing! Then I turned it from 1 to 3.5 :doh:.

The world was right again and I was reminded what an idiot I can be.

When I got back to my group I realized how lovely my in-laws are :cool:.

Thanks Hopper.

Last edited by a moderator:

JCat

Accessory Maker
Pretty sure that's a different size (was covered earlier in the thread the exact size and specs and it's not a 12650 or any other standard size)

JCat,

Davideus

Pretty sure that's a different size (was covered earlier in the thread the exact size and specs and it's not a 12650 or any other standard size)
Think twice :) according dimensions it may fit nicely.

As far as i know, NO ONE tried ANY aftermarket 12650 cells in GH. Those were not available until now if i recall correctly, so maybe it worth testing...

Last edited:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60

Interesting, I found the below post by @kato1234 that suggests those https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/12650-cylinder-battery-3-7v-1500mah_60215045668.html are the right dimensions but can you trust the manufactuers mAh ratings?...Probably not, also would you want to put one in a high drain device like the Hopper? I personally wouldn't risk it

That is a 14650 battery GH batteries are a 12650. In batteries smaller means less power. Don't trust Alibaba for power ratings they are always too high. I own 14650 batteries. They are the same size around as a AA and a bit longer. AA are 14500 sized. If GH had a battery technology that worked even a little better than existing li-ion batteries they would sell it and not vape devices and be very wealthy. First 2 numbers in battery size are diameter and next 2 are length. When they started this they already had batteries. Where did they come from?

GreenHopper,
Reactions: biohacker
Top Bottom