Discontinued The Grasshopper

diddymao

aint no party like a diddy party
so im confused as to the actual status of my order, has it left? is ups tracking just shit?

diddymao,

btka

https://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/sri/tracking/order_processed.html

What does "Order Processed: Ready for UPS" mean?
UPS has received the electronic transmission of the shipment details and billing information for this shipment from the sender. Once the shipment is moving within the UPS network, the tracking status will be updated.
1.gif

btka,
Reactions: diddymao

diddymao

aint no party like a diddy party
thats what im getting at, the date on the tracking page says the 21st but nothing has happened since then, is it not updating the tracking?

diddymao,

JCat

Accessory Maker
thats what im getting at, the date on the tracking page says the 21st but nothing has happened since then, is it not updating the tracking?
I think that's the case ... it's shipped "UPS Mail Innovations" which is an economical UPS option. From the UPS Mail Innovations site:

"UPS Mail Innovations is a high-volume mailing service provider offering an efficient and effective way of delivering your mail."

It's sort of like the USPS Small Packet International ... all tracking stops at the border ... since it's economical they don't offer tracking past the border. (All my USPS shipments from GH, whether I've received them or not, still show as "Processed through facility" for the ISC San Francisco facility .... that's where the tracking ends ... sometime a week or two or more after that it gets to my door)

btka

so
I think that's the case ... it's shipped "UPS Mail Innovations" which is an economical UPS option. From the UPS Mail Innovations site:

"UPS Mail Innovations is a high-volume mailing service provider offering an efficient and effective way of delivering your mail."

It's sort of like the USPS Small Packet International ... all tracking stops at the border ... since it's economical they don't offer tracking past the border. (All my USPS shipments from GH, whether I've received them or not, still show as "Processed through facility" for the ISC San Francisco facility .... that's where the tracking ends ... sometime a week or two or more after that it gets to my door)

I am from europe and was able to track via usps (also small packet international)...
I also have made bad experience with canadian post (boarder) may0be it is the fault of canadian post or the canadian post does not offer tracking for usps available...

JCat

Accessory Maker
I am from europe and was able to track via usps (also small packet international)...
I also have made bad experience with canadian post (boarder) may0be it is the fault of canadian post or the canadian post does not offer tracking for usps available...
It's specifically with this service. This is a "cheap" option, and it specifies that it doesn't offer tracking past the border for most countries. If they shipped with a more expensive USPS option that did offer the tracking, then it would be fine.

Unfortunately the USPS options are crazy expensive (next option is >$40 USD according to Caroline ... this is why we are giving the UPS Mail Innovations option a try this time).

I can ship from Canada, with $300USD insurance, guaranteed 5 days, got there in 2 days, for ~$25 CAD (so <$20USD)

MonkeyTime

may I ask you when did you order your pfe...

usps did oast 7 to 15 days from us to eu...

BTW did someone order pfe and batteries and already got their shipping confirmation...

I ordered on monday... think was one of the first who ordered the pfe...
do someone know if HL have batteries in stock... or are they again waiting to receive a new batch of batteries.. and lied on me -》 HL website said 2 to 3 days estimated shipping for batteries...

I hate waiting...waited one and more or less a half year for my hoppers.. hoped the waiting game is done..

I ordered Monday also and with batteries. According to tracking, it's all in hand today....

I thought the batteries might slow it down also, but doesn't appear that way.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I received a new PFE about an hour ago and I think I'm going to love it.
Nice weight to it; it changes the way Hopper feels to hold. Some may not like heavier, but I don't mind.

My main wish has been granted, it appears. There is only a screen and no funnels or extra parts. [EDIT: the following has proven incorrect; scroll down a few...]The screen is housed inside a ring, which is presumably threaded in like in the standard mp. Which begs the question, "Could one swap this type of no nonsense screen into a standard mp?" [EDIT: nope]
As already mentioned above it looks like cleaning will be very easy.

Overall fit and finish are about perfect, in my estimation.
First bowl was done dry on 4, and it's true, it does stay a little cooler on the lips plus the draw is more open.
Big clouds both dry and with water piece but I can't say "more than" or "less than" just two chambers in.

If you have been on the fence about this piece, I can give some assurance that it does work as advertised! and is well worth having. I'm glad I waited, having been so tempted to have an extra mp for cleaning rotation, and now this fits the bill with performance upgrade!

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
Nice weight to it; it changes the way Hopper feels to hold. Some may not like heavier, but I don't mind.

My main wish has been granted, it appears. There is only a screen and no funnels or extra parts. The screen is housed inside a ring, which is presumably threaded in like in the standard mp. Which begs the question, "Could one swap this type of no nonsense screen into a standard mp?"

First bowl was done dry on 4, and it's true, it does stay a little cooler on the lips plus the draw is more open.
Big clouds both dry and with water piece but I can't say "more than" or "less than" just two chambers in.

If you have been on the fence about this piece, I can give some assurance that it does work as advertised! and is well worth having. I'm glad I waited, having been so tempted to have an extra mp for cleaning rotation, and now this fits the bill with performance upgrade!
You're just making me more and more anxious! And I highly doubt I'll have it before April as it shipped on the 22nd ... unless the UPS Mail Innovations is much faster than the USPS Small Packet ... we'll see! ... I just can't take the wait! (the need to constantly refresh the tracking information isn't there though as I know it won't ever update!)

walkma666

I got my performance front end yesterday, and tried it out. Seamless fit, and my gh still fits into the third party leather sleeve with it. It is definitely cooler on the lips. Draw feels a bit more open. Impact is the same. First intake on setting five was more or less cloudless (probably due to user method), while second was mammoth. Nice to have. I ordered it as soon I got the email, and received it 2-3 days later (can't recall off the top,of my head when the email went out). Another good tool for this device.

MonkeyTime

My main wish has been granted, it appears. There is only a screen and no funnels or extra parts. The screen is housed inside a ring, which is presumably threaded in like in the standard mp. Which begs the question, "Could one swap this type of no nonsense screen into a standard mp?"

I got mine today also, and feel the same as you. I think this will have me using my GH on the go more. I'm thinking @DDave Mi V2 cooler with this will make a nice dry/cool combo on the go with no extra parts needed!

As for the screen, mine looks like it may have been pushed in from the mouthpiece end? Looking inside the mouth piece, the screen looks like it has 3 "tabs" pushed up around the edge as if they were being used to create something digging into the sides to hold it in place. Like inexpensive spring steel fasteners that you push over rods and such. This would match the 6-7 pairs of lines scratched into the inside walls. These lines are the same width apart as those tabs. I can feel ever so slightly that they are scratches, but I don't think they will cause any problems including extra cleaning. They're not deep enough.

I'm guessing these early batches will have a few remnants of the assembly learning curve.

I'm not convinced that they open the airpath much either. I did a very unscientific test by swapping them back and forth and drawing multiple times directly thru them (not thru glass, etc.). I think the inlet is where the blockage is, if I start to pull hard, it has a lot of noise there......

The GH with PFE pairs beautifully with an Orbiter. The small size and hoses are really matched to the GH and its airflow. This could easily replace my Evo/Hydratube or HB Maxx/Hydratube night side table setup. It takes up almost no room, not much more than a can of soda and still delivers the clouds.

It's definitely a keeper :rofl:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
As for the screen, mine looks like it may have been pushed in from the mouthpiece end? Looking inside the mouth piece, the screen looks like it has 3 "tabs" pushed up around the edge as if they were being used to create something digging into the sides to hold it in place. Like inexpensive spring steel fasteners that you push over rods and such. This would match the 6-7 pairs of lines scratched into the inside walls. These lines are the same width apart as those tabs. I can feel ever so slightly that they are scratches, but I don't think they will cause any problems including extra cleaning. They're not deep enough.
I agree, the screen does seem to be installed from the front. And it doesn't seem to be 'screwed' into the mp threads. I used my tweezers and the screen spins freely, as if in a groove(?) or race. The solid disk that is visible looking from back to front does not spin with the screen. I don't want to pull on the screen atm, I just got this thing! I note that the PFE does still thread nicely onto the body, so this small slop in the screen fitting seems normal.

Omphaloskeptic

Hey all-

Saw a member posting in the VapCap thread playing around with heat shrink, which reminded me I'd been meaning to post this for a while. Those of you worried about scratches, I think this is a reasonably aesthetic solution. A small length of 3/8" heat shrink tubing on the clip will protect your baby from any harm. Always reversible if it doesn't work for you...

Light wasn't the greatest, that's a purple Ti. Hope that helps!

Hey all-

Saw a member posting in the VapCap thread playing around with heat shrink, which reminded me I'd been meaning to post this for a while. Those of you worried about scratches, I think this is a reasonably aesthetic solution. A small length of 3/8" heat shrink tubing on the clip will protect your baby from any harm. Always reversible if it doesn't work for you...

Light wasn't the greatest, that's a purple Ti. Hope that helps!

This would have been awesome to know before my poor TI got all scratched up from the pen clip. Good tip!

MonkeyTime

How about some pics down both ends of the barrel please.

It's a little dirty and just from my phone, but I think it will help.

This is looking into the mouthpiece

bB2EEmP.jpg
bB2EEmP.jpg

This is straight down the mouthpiece
ghID7pB.jpg

This is looking from the heater towards the front
yeZiFuj.jpg

This is cool vapor on the go with ease! :rockon:
hyFfkB4.jpg

lately I've been running short on the goods :leaf:, I've resorted to mixing AVB with some ground up EC tincture that I dried out. It can get a little gummy, but it tastes surprisingly good until I push it to it's limits. GH is running hot (normal?) again, I can tell because i get at least two bowls from a battery and they last past 3.90V. Last time it was like this, I got a week before sending it in. But she sure is fun when working :clap:

This pic is for you @disGRUNTled , some Bluecheese with a glass of Old Pulteney 18yo, I don't have the views you have in FL yet, but I get to hide in the bedroom while the gf's kids and their friends ransack the house

Top Bottom