Discontinued The Grasshopper

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Latest GHL update & WPA info!

header.jpg

Grasshopper Grasshopper Mail
New HT Hoppers, WPA and Feb 1 Price Bump
We would like to give everyone who has supported us ample warning that on February 1st there will be a slight price increase for the Grasshopper. It was always our intention that people who patiently waited for a pre-order would be receiving their Hopper at a discount. This is the first step in honoring that commitment, as the wait time for a Hopper drops.

We have released another set of Heat Treated (HT) Grasshoppers. The first batch sold out in just 5 hours! If you're interested in grabbing one of these unique units, be sure to check them out here. Ships tomorrow.
ht_product-image_large.6517f9dd8767.jpg

It is with excitement that we would like to announce the completion of the Water Pipe Adapter (WPA). After three design revisions and months of testing, we settled on a design. Preproduction units arrived last week, and we have set late February as the target for release.
wpa.52c23317f270.jpg

The WPA allows for you to adapt your Grasshopper to almost any piece of glass. Natively designed to fit into a 14mm downstem, it provides a new level of performance and production. Matching threads allow for the WPA to seamlessly attach to the front of your Hopper. A precision machined finish, and 10 to 1 taper provide a perfect seal with your existing glass. It will come in all of our standard finishes. We will also offer a 14mm to 18mm adapter so you can use the WPA with any water pipe you choose.

Hopper Labs

- Finally! Now I'll be able to hook my Hopper up to my bubbler! Where would I be without such inovation! :p ;)

:peace:

ROB520

Huh interesting design wonder what the adapter will cost? Also wonder how much they will raise the price? Maybe 200 for SS then 250 for ti?

ROB520,

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
:rofl:^^^refunds^^^:rofl: ...I figure they need at least 2 more years to figure out how to roll a steel tube and put some felt or foam in it...:nod::tup:

Shrike,

radiant34

:rofl:^^^refunds^^^:rofl: ...I figure they need at least 2 more years to figure out how to roll a steel tube and put some felt or foam in it...:nod::tup:
why strategically divest funding from the actual product to the product accessory? makes no sense to me. glad theyre coming out with a water adapter, don't know why pax/storz and bickel dont follow suit but who cares. the tech in the hopper is frontline technology of vaporizers at this moment.

sixstringsmash

Just picked up one of these Heat treated LE titanium models. Been missing my old SS model ever since I gave it away to my father quite some time ago as a gift. Can't wait for it to come in! I just hope it actually ships tomorrow like it says.

Last edited:

biohacker

Just picked up one of these Heat treated LE titanium models. Been missing my old SS model ever since I gave it away to my father quite some time ago as a gift. Can't wait for it to come in!

I can't wait either! I'm so curious to hear how it performs. I'm starting to think there is a bad batch out there, as my two new GH's (ss and ti) are super flakey and inconsistent. I don't buy the flickering blue led to be normal anymore either....there is clearly a conduction/electrical issue going on. The backends heat up huge! My old ones work perfectly, the new ones almost never work properly on the first hit, and seem to require a "2nd click" to be able to milk up properly. I don't even need to twist the backend, just the 2nd click will do it.... if anyone is experiencing anemic weak battery symptoms on a fresh battery....give it shot!

I don't know what to do with these two hoppers....not overly confident that an RMA is going to do anything. I just wished they worked like the old ones! I'd take the stiffer backends and clicker for a consistently operating milk machine!

sixstringsmash

I can't wait either! I'm so curious to hear how it performs. I'm starting to think there is a bad batch out there, as my two new GH's (ss and ti) are super flakey and inconsistent. I don't buy the flickering blue led to be normal anymore either....there is clearly a conduction/electrical issue going on. The backends heat up huge! My old ones work perfectly, the new ones almost never work properly on the first hit, and seem to require a "2nd click" to be able to milk up properly. I don't even need to twist the backend, just the 2nd click will do it.... if anyone is experiencing anemic weak battery symptoms on a fresh battery....give it shot!

I don't know what to do with these two hoppers....not overly confident that an RMA is going to do anything. I just wished they worked like the old ones! I'd take the stiffer backends and clicker for a consistently operating milk machine!

Oh no now you have me all worried haha! I'm hoping when I receive this one I won't have any complaints, especially considering the steep upcharge for the heat treatment they better have picked a good batch for them!

biohacker

I think I just got "lucky" with a couple of the bad backends that heat up to scorching levels. It wouldn't surprise me if HL sent out "B stock" to the retailer where I purchased it, but who knows. I hope you have a properly functioning back end and LE GH!

These new GH's are being put away for RMA or sale, and i'm sticking with my dual original ss and ti combo!

JoeMama

FWIW, I can relate to this "2nd click" thing. Not that I'm saying that I deliberately do a 2-click, but I have noticed that the blue flicker at times "stops" upon my next hopper cycle. That 2nd click is simply "y next session", be it immediately after the first or even a half hour later.

My raw Ti RMA is thankfully coming back with a new backend! My grey Ti is working flawlessly now (no idea why really except me being impetuous and impatient with it.

I'm looking forward to getting batteries got my FW4. I want yo give it a shot for home use.

natural farmer

My bro's Hopper was working fine for the last year... Yesterday I had a couple of puffs, I empty the ABV, I lay it down, after a few minutes bro tries to power it up and it goes straight to blue. No heating. Tried with all batts, the same... Sensor problem I guess? Am I incompatible with Hoppers??? :shrug::bang:

Hammahead

Ok, third strike and out. Now I got the constant blue Light from the beginning, but no heating. I must say, I had it now. I kinda handled the hopper like a raw egg after the second damage in November, but just a couple weeks later it's broken again. It's helluva great unit, when it works. But I guess, it's not really for me.

My german vendor seems to be willing to take it back and - provided there's no outer damage, which there isn't - credit it. Not sure what I should take as replacement. I have the Pax 3 in mind, or the S&B Mighty or Crafty, depending on my budget and if they will credit in full. It's a sad good bye but using it was not as relaxed as I wish it had been. Not sure what to do with the three replacement batteries though...

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Hi Doc, who's your german vendor, Verdampftnochmal I guess? Doesn't they want to exchange the Hopper? Its a "Gewährleistungsfall".

I you still want to sell your bats (GHB1 or 2?) drop me a line.

btka

Ok, third strike and out. Now I got the constant blue Light from the beginning, but no heating. I must say, I had it now. I kinda handled the hopper like a raw egg after the second damage in November, but just a couple weeks later it's broken again. It's helluva great unit, when it works. But I guess, it's not really for me.

My german vendor seems to be willing to take it back and - provided there's no outer damage, which there isn't - credit it. Not sure what I should take as replacement. I have the Pax 3 in mind, or the S&B Mighty or Crafty, depending on my budget and if they will credit in full. It's a sad good bye but using it was not as relaxed as I wish it had been. Not sure what to do with the three replacement batteries though...

I have the same problem blue light immiediately without heating... this seems the new cop light... also @natural farmer s
brother has the problem with its gh... I am glad not the be the only one... I am actually waiting for the answer to ly warranty request... please let me know if they respond to your warranty if they want you to send the whole gh with batteries and charger or a replacment bodyd or backend...

BTW I owned a pax 1 and to be honest I hated it... tasted like s... also draw restriction and constantly baking your herb and so on... also I sold my crafty after receiving my gh and vapor quality of hopper is much better in my opinion and aoso the crafty cooksmyour herb when not using... I am more the one hitter guy...

Last edited:

armani

Professional Stoner
I've been using my hopper for 6 months, the last 2 - 3 weeks i've gotten the flickering blue light, the battery (GHB2) is gotten worse getting emty faster and the herb is to the point it's getting almost combusted if not combusted a little.

Has anyone had the same issues and just gotten the unit back with no fix?
I really dont want to send it in if they just claim that this is how its suppose to work...

armani,

biohacker

My bro's Hopper was working fine for the last year... Yesterday I had a couple of puffs, I empty the ABV, I lay it down, after a few minutes bro tries to power it up and it goes straight to blue. No heating. Tried with all batts, the same... Sensor problem I guess? Am I incompatible with Hoppers??? :shrug::bang:

I have the same problem blue light immiediately without heating...

I feel for you guys.... however it's not the end of the world. I'm not sure why, but out of the blue my straight to blue no heating went back to normal heating, so it's probably not broken, but potentially just "stuck". Try a super clean, try drawing on it empty in case some residue snuck its way into the sensor. I knocked mine on a table (just the body), and did all sorts of weird voodoo dances and offerings to the gods. It works!

But it does suck, and HL best get their act together before we all revolt! Having 2 GH somewhat DOA has soured my experience slightly, but fortunately my OG GH's just make me drool.

I just don't understand the "2nd click and it works"! I'd say I have more times that don't work properly on the first hit than times where it does. And this happens to BOTH brand new ss and ti, due to a backend design change me thinks, and not for the better. Bring back the stiff backends that don't flicker and work consistently!

Not sure what to do with the three replacement batteries though...

I'll take them off your hands.

I've been using my hopper for 6 months, the last 2 - 3 weeks i've gotten the flickering blue light, the battery (GHB2) is gotten worse getting emty faster and the herb is to the point it's getting almost combusted if not combusted a little.

Has anyone had the same issues and just gotten the unit back with no fix?
I really dont want to send it in if they just claim that this is how its suppose to work...

Yep, sometimes the RMA is like russian roulette! Is your backend getting HOT? I think the flickering blue is associated with faster battery decline, and hot backends.

It could also very well be your battery.

Mr. Me2

I feel for you guys.... however it's not the end of the world. I'm not sure why, but out of the blue my straight to blue no heating went back to normal heating, so it's probably not broken, but potentially just "stuck". Try a super clean, try drawing on it empty in case some residue snuck its way into the sensor. I knocked mine on a table (just the body), and did all sorts of weird voodoo dances and offerings to the gods. It works!

But it does suck, and HL best get their act together before we all revolt! Having 2 GH somewhat DOA has soured my experience slightly, but fortunately my OG GH's just make me drool.

I just don't understand the "2nd click and it works"! I'd say I have more times that don't work properly on the first hit than times where it does. And this happens to BOTH brand new ss and ti, due to a backend design change me thinks, and not for the better. Bring back the stiff backends that don't flicker and work consistently!

Yep, sometimes the RMA is like russian roulette! Is your backend getting HOT? I think the flickering blue is associated with faster battery decline, and hot backends.

For those with gh's with some miles on them and some performance issues, can I also suggest an empty oven session on temp 5. It may cook off any residue and improve performance.

I did it on mine and there was definitely some baking occurring. Not sure if I'm imagining improved performance after but I'd like to hear others' experience.

MoltenTiger

I took my hopper to the circus over the weekend
Being extremely stoned watching acrobatics and other acts is a lot of fun!
Too many kids to vape openly, but the two halves and intermission worked well time wise.

Now I'm back home, and I'm a little underwhelmed with the announced waterpipe adapter, though not really sure what I was expecting.
It's not really of much use to me with my glass rigs, and the standard mouthpiece fits 14mm glass anyway.
I might heat shrink one of my mouthpieces and try that with my glass

btka

thank you for your kind words... no it is really not the end of the world...
hmmm blue flickering lights I had them when receiving my replacment bodies in november I think... so maybe it is not the backend... but who knows...

hopemthey will sort the problems out in the near future... BECAUSE WHEN WORKING YOUNWILL LOVE YOUR GH...
really would,like to see an opened gh... heater sensorsmand all the vodoo inside thismvape

regarding the waterpiece adapter my stakesmare high... tombe honest the update and picture,they showed as are k7t of great help... but asmfar as,I understood it is a special moutpiece which you screw on your gh instead of the normalmmouthpiecemand Imhopemitmwill even improove using the gh with watertools,maybe more airflow or so,,seems like it does not have the tip like the original mp ... but we will laybe see in the future

Last edited:

biohacker

hopemthey will sort the problems out in the near future... BECAUSE WHEN WORKING YOUNWILL LOVE YOUR GH...

Completely agree, which is why I haven't thrown out the baby with the bathwater (yet). When it works right, nothing can even come close IMO. However, the way things are right now...i'm not so sure I would recommend it. I have a friend wanting one, but I told him to wait and buy it straight from HL once there isn't any wait time. I still think they need time to sort out their issues.

Hot backends, flickering blue lights with inconsistent performance, and no heat blue lights could crush this company if it keeps up.

@slcbdco I do welcome your comment on this one!

jabba

I'd posted awhile ago that I was getting the battery dead (red light) very quickly on most of my 5 original batteries. If I shut the GH off.....and press again...I can get a heat up and quick pull...then back to red. I tried my batts in my backup SS unit...same thing. My batteries (5 of them) were the GHB1's....and I noticed all of this about the same time that Hopper sent an announcement about "batteries and cold weather". I nearly laughed....because my house is always about 70 degrees....and the battery problems are not just due to winter weather.

I got 3 new GHB2's last week from HL. I can tell you....that the new batteries have solved everything for me. These are lasting me a long long while (I haven't even tried two of them...I'm still on my first battery) and I am very pleased. I hope that these batteries continue to perform this way for longer than my original batts.

Thankfully the batteries are only $7each. My first batteries could NOT have been cycled 20 times each....likely not even close. I charge on low on a Nitecore D2. To avoid confusion...I'll likely just throw away the 5 original batteries and move on with my 3 new ones.

I see an awful lot of trouble with Hoppers still. Both my Ti and SS are great. I have always had blue flickering lights at varying stages of battery life...I don't even notice. My back ends get a bit warm......sometimes nearly hot....no biggie. I'm not OCD when it comes to my Hopper's idiosyncracies. I use the thing for quick pulls here/there....no water pipes....nothing but flower...so I'm certainly a light user by comparison to many Hopper users.

I still love this device. For my use/needs....there is no substitute whatsoever.

btka

Completely agree, which is why I haven't thrown out the baby with the bathwater (yet). When it works right, nothing can even come close IMO. However, the way things are right now...i'm not so sure I would recommend it. I have a friend wanting one, but I told him to wait and buy it straight from HL once there isn't any wait time. I still think they need time to sort out their issues.

Hot backends, flickering blue lights with inconsistent performance, and no heat blue lights could crush this company if it keeps up.

@slcbdco I do welcome your comment on this one!
I am ready to buy me a flight ticket to usa boulder colorado, if they do not get it right (I am from europe).. and will beat them up ; ) so ghl if you read this get your things sortet out...

Top Bottom