Discontinued The Grasshopper

guyonthecouch

hmm received amnew body from ghl 2 lonths ago and it also got the cop lights sensor damage...
this time they asked me to send in my gh and told me they will repair it...

yes I also had the same thought but saw that verdampftnochmal and vapefiend are out of stock... so if I am buying from them after they are restocking (hopefully when they restock they will get the newest gh models)... but I do not know...

hmmm do not know if ghl really changed something or do it better now ...hope so... In my opinion that is pure speculation they have problems with the heat sensor (seems to be very finicky).... because out of 4 warranty requests 3 had the cop light problem aka sensor damage... and I think the immediately turning blue light without heating up is also a sensor problem... would be interesting how this sensor works... I had once the elevape smart vaporizer and you had to clean brush out the sensor because it gunked up or was sprinkled with herb particals after using for a time... but as stated before do not know how the gh sensor works (would like to know)...
I really hope they will solve this problems or have solved it already... because it is really the best vape I have owned and used and I owned a lot of vapes...
Ya if those stores are restocking soon they should be getting the latest so go that route if it's more economical.
Hmmm, are yours SS or Ti?

btka

Ya if those stores are restocking soon they should be getting the latest so go that route if it's more economical.
Hmmm, are yours SS or Ti?
yes as stated before I am from europe and postage costs to an european retailer would be half the costs then sending to HL (usa)

Imhave both ss and ti... I used my ti as a backup so I had three times cop light issues with my ss, one time only red lights without turning blue with my ti and now immediately blue lights without heat with my ti...

btka,

biohacker

Damn, these new hoppers...it's like every single time I need to click, click off, unscrew rescrew and then it's game on. It's never game on from the start. I wonder if there is a TSB for it? :lol:

Chose

hmm received a new body from ghl 1,5 to 2 months ago and it also got the cop lights sensor damage...
this time they asked me to send in my gh and told me they will repair it...

yes I also had the same thought but saw that verdampftnochmal and vapefiend are out of stock now... so if I am buying from them after they are restocking (hopefully when they restock they will get the newest gh models)... but I do not know... also ghl stated to change the prices in february...

hmmm do not know if ghl really changed something or do it better now ...hope so... In my opinion that is pure speculation they have problems with the heat sensor (seems to be very finicky).... because out of 4 warranty requests 3 had the cop light problem aka sensor damage... and I think the immediately turning blue light without heating up is also a sensor problem... would be interesting how this sensor works... I had once the elevape smart vaporizer and you had to clean brush out the sensor because it gunked up or was sprinkled with herb particals after using for a time (as I got told it was a little camera taking pictures ofmthe heating coil for meassuring temp. -》 elevape smart heat sensor... but as stated before do not know how the gh sensor works (would like to know)...
I really hope they will solve this problems or have solved it already... maybe they could not concentrate in finding the problems, because they had to fullfill pre orders and that was their main goal hope at least after fullfilling the pre orders they will concentrate to solve the liability problems, if they did not until now... because it is really the best vape I have owned and used and I owned a lot of vapes...

@Chose I own the og vapecap technicaly they are the same .. yes they are nice but you can not compare them with the gh to be honest (especially regarding dense clouds)... thought at first you mean the omni vape from smiss and not the omni vapcap...
I was a backer so my gh is an early model
I've had it for one year so maybe the later ones are a bit different
My omni can keep up with it no problem
Makes me want to try another one now to test
Unfortunately I don't know anyone else who owns one
Let's hope mine fails soon then so I can get the latest model but since I've had it a year with no problems it may just keep on chugging along

marduk

daydreamer
Confirming the superiority of the GHB2 batteries I just received.... I vaped 3 1/2 bowls at 4.5 to 5 untll I got flashing red. This was over the course of a few days with no recharging. I normally don't run batteries all the way down, but I wanted to see how much of the battery's capacity was available to the GH.

VC-2 reports 753mah. I was suprised, to say the least. :tup:

BReJt1k.jpg

btka

From my experience, vapcap vapor is thicker than GH vapor. Can milk a bubbler much thicker. Partially because there is less air flow in a VC I think.
I tried it and I have to say the vapor of my gh is thicker than vapcap with less air restriction... maybe I am doing something wrong or maybe your gh does not work as it should or my vapcap....

maybe the vapor would be thicker if heating some seconds after the click but than the abv is black and I do not know if I combusted ...

did you watch @biohacker s videos... it is nearly looking like smoke and I am able to duplicate this with my gh without "light manipulation".... I did not own a vaporizer until know which was able tomproduce such thick clouds without combusting....

Last edited:

biohacker

When you say new, you mean new direct from Hopper? or your returns from THC?

THC, which are newer if not the newest stock, but who knows really...maybe they are duds! Both of mine are kind of a bitch to work with, but I figured out the trick that seems to work every time, but it's just a little annoying.

spoutti

Hey guys, I have had my gh for over a month now, and im very impressed by it! I mostly lurk fc these days, but I had to share my gh ressussitation.

During my extended honeymoon, my gh decided to not output heat one sad morning. I got instant blue light, backend ticking, no heat (someone mentionned this problem earlier itt). Swapped batteries, cleaned my backend batterie contact, blue tacked my backend treads (my bluetack barely got dirty doing it), nothing worked. Hl says in their trouble shooting guide that instant blue light no heat is a fuck with the temp sensor and the gh needs to be returned. Hl invited me to return it, I procrastinated.

I tried to fire my gh over 2 weeks to no avail. I questionned my sanity as I tried the same thing over and over expecting a different result :mental:.

Well, I was not that :mental:, because tonight my lovely gh decided to heatup :rockon:What a relief! It gives vapor on an empty chamber. My 1st guess is I have some resin build up obstructing the temp sensor fonction. Im on a break now, but I will try to vape out whatever gives clouds on an empty chamber when im back vaping.

Btw, its great to read all the technical discussions and custom vaping experience shared here. I think lots more lurkers think the same way.

Quick question; was it the same person getting clouds on an empty chamber and now getting instant blue light?

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
maybe the vapor would be thicker if heating some seconds after the click but than the abv is black and I do not know if I combusted ...

did you watch @biohacker s videos... it is nearly looking like smoke and I am able to duplicate this with my gh without "light manipulation".... I did not own a vaporizer until know which was able tomproduce such thick clouds without combusting....

Heat closer to the bottom and you can get the vapor that is smoke thick. No matter how black the abv is you should able to tell if you combusted from the flavor.

only had like 1 hit with my gbh2's and it seemed thicker, but not VC thick.

ROB520

Hey guys been lurking for long time but have read this whole thread. Have had GH for just over a month now, and i am very impressed with its performance. However I mainly use it with the ddave mod and its a heavy hitter lol.

Ps have not blu taked it just iso soak mouth piece and have had problems with vapor production

ROB520

I think the VapCaps have been shipping with a new Ti Cap that apparently makes a noticeable difference. OmniVap is on my want list.

Just recived a VC yesterday :D the cap I believe is steel not sure tho also wouldnt a ti cap not work with dynastash magnet?:huh:

ROB520,

MoltenTiger

The back-end threads should be visibly dark if they need cleaning. If they are clean they are a reflective light silver (unpolished bare SS)

It doesn't take much for grit to form and it begins as definite dark lines following along the thread pattern in sections.

Grit also forms on the brass/metal back-end - battery contact, and the +/- battery terminals also should be monitored.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Omni all the way
Zombi proof vape
And yes butane is safe unless you throw it in a camp fire

From my experience, vapcap vapor is thicker than GH vapor. Can milk a bubbler much thicker. Partially because there is less air flow in a VC I think.

Same here

Totally! @btka Yu can't compare an old glass OG with the new(est) TI caps, especially the Omni. The TI tips heat up, exchange and distribute heat MUCH better than the OG. The power of butane kills the GH by far - just get the technique down. Should be great fun.
Also the SBJ would be a fantastic choice, way smoother than bloody hot and dry GH vapor.
If you don't want to unleash butane power, try a Milaana. Blows all batt powered devices out of the water, if you get the technique down. Great fun learning that too!
Just my .02

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Just recived a VC yesterday :D the cap I believe is steel not sure tho also wouldnt a ti cap not work with dynastash magnet?:huh:

You may well be correct, they definitely have a new Cap out that's supposed to be a noticeable improvement. Not 100% on the metallurgy.

GreenHopper,

Squiby

You may well be correct, they definitely have a new Cap out that's supposed to be a noticeable improvement. Not 100% on the metallurgy.

The recently new development for the Vapcaps is that the Titanium tips (herb chamber) have been improved. There are now more channels on the outside of Ti Tips and they are wider. This allows more heated air to pass between the stainless steel cap and the Ti Tip and through the herb chamber creating an increase in convection.

The caps are still stainless steel and still works with the Dynastash magnet. The cap covers the titanium tip.

Here is a post on the parts that make up a Ti Tipped Vapcap.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-335#post-1051793

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
The recently new development for the Vapcaps is that the Titanium tips (herb chamber) have been improved. There are now more channels on the outside of Ti Tips and they are wider. This allows more heated air to pass between the stainless steel cap and the Ti Tip and through the herb chamber creating an increase in convection.

The caps are still stainless steel and still works with the Dynastash magnet. The cap covers the titanium tip.

Here is a post on the parts that make up a Ti Tipped Vapcap.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-335#post-1051793

Thanks @Squiby, I knew the post was there somewhere but failed to figure out what to search for.

So back to the hopper, just spent the weekend with a friend. We both have hoppers, been a heavy session, the hoppers are holding out better than I am. Totally over done it, I'm going back to bed now.

btka

Totally! @btka Yu can't compare an old glass OG with the new(est) TI caps, especially the Omni. The TI tips heat up, exchange and distribute heat MUCH better than the OG. The power of butane kills the GH by far - just get the technique down. Should be great fun.
Also the SBJ would be a fantastic choice, way smoother than bloody hot and dry GH vapor.
If you don't want to unleash butane power, try a Milaana. Blows all batt powered devices out of the water, if you get the technique down. Great fun learning that too!
Just my .02

I watched nownsome videos of both vapes using a bubbler and judging only on the videos...
the gh milks bubblers much more...

ok there could be several reasons why that could be... eg lighting, herb, technique and so on...

here are some of the videos:

first gh:

and vapcap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4myn-S6lP4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL9sI4tvWZw

maybe someone can make a nice video really milking up glass with the vapcap...
maybe you can achieve such clouds if you go past the click of the vapcap or really char you herb until it is black...
but I do not know if this is then vaping or something between vaping and combustion....
also I am not a big fan of the air restriction on my vapcap to get kice clouds you havento hold the carb close all the time and that means air restriction... but maybe the new omni ti is better in this aspect as you canadjust airflow but more air is less dense vapor isn't it...
I will experiment with my vapcap tonight...

regarding milaana some fc members if I am remembering correctly for example @AJS stated that they get bigger clouds from gh then milaana and AJS really likes his milaana a lot in my opinion...
but if you combust which is not hard to achieve with the milaana I think you will get big combustions clouds like in this video... you see when combustion starts in my opinion when the vapor is getting yellow/brown (second hit)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfHoBso4YNM

nice video of milaana:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJgmoYTGteQ

milaana was onmy list, but I couod resist the urge when my hopper worked flawless.. I could not justify spending more then 200 dollars also after hearing that gh putnout bigger clouds..

sticky bricks is tempting my attention also as a backup for my gh think itmwill produce similar dense vapor then gh as fatr as I have seen heard... do not know if it is true...

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Don't know about all the torch vape talk but I know I love the fact I can turn it on with a single press and 5 sec later draw as hard as I want from it with zero technic

The other week I hit it in the middle of a grocery store, visiting a friend in another city and I been walking with it around and a shopping list, should have seen the look of my friend when I suddenly sucked a pen and then huge cloud in his face after he asked if we had any weed for the evening :rofl:

We also had picked up all in the store and left in a hurry and it was water cured smell little bud :wave:

ROB520

Don't know about all the torch vape talk but I know I love the fact I can turn it on with a single press and 5 sec later draw as hard as I want from it with zero technic

The other week I hit it in the middle of a grocery store, visiting a friend in another city and I been walking with it around and a shopping list, should have seen the look of my friend when I suddenly sucked a pen and then huge cloud in his face after he asked if we had any weed for the evening :rofl:

We also had picked up all in the store and left in a hurry and it was water cured smell little bud :wave:

HAHA grasshopper is the best however me n my circle find it too hot to hit native seems these results vary

ROB520,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
@btka Give the SBJ a try. Having a GH since one month and a SBJ since two weeks. Still dont know which I love more. Learning curve of the SJB is a little bit longer and harder but worth the way. You are looking for BIG clouds? Take the SBJ!
SBJ is easier to load with more material if you want. Ready at once. Nearly no maintenance. Easy cleaning. Feels so smooth in your hands. Be carefully and you'll get the finest flavours. Draw harder and you'll get clouds nearly as combusting. Ok you have to stir in between. But in difference to the Hopper disassembling the SBJ in a second and reassembling is just fun.

Stealth factor of the Hopper is much better than of the SBJ for sure. But therefor you already have a few of them. Why one more?? I would like to buy a ti aside my SS in the future. But its worth to wait for well-engineered Hopper version IMO...

Filling a torch with butane takes a lot less time than uploading a bat.
If you should use multiple refined butane there is no more danger than breathing air.

And I think its better to have at least one device which dont need electric power. Whats in case of a longer electric power blackout and having no full-loaded bats?

Promised, you will love it! Vapefiend is actually the only purchaser of SBJ in Europe FAIK?

For vaping hash I prefer the VC (but still dont really like the draw resistance). Best choice in my experience!

Last edited:
Top Bottom