Discontinued The Grasshopper

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
TBH, it seems like a pretty fair and accurate review. They didn't even mention the wait time, inaccurate shipping estimates or repeated failures.
I won't debate "fair" because see many of the previous 580 pages. Fair is in the eye of... but accurate? They misstated the heat-up time, were incorrect about how many batteries ship with the unit and stated a draw/battery ratio that group experience here shows to be correct only if your batteries are geriatric and need recharging or replacing. Those errors weaken the validity of their review for me.

duff

Well worn
I won't debate "fair" because see many of the previous 580 pages. Fair is in the eye of... but accurate? They misstated the heat-up time, were incorrect about how many batteries ship with the unit and stated a draw/battery ratio that group experience here shows to be correct only if your batteries are geriatric and need recharging or replacing. Those errors weaken the validity of their review for me.
True dat @moondog.

Perhaps I should have said that they didn't go out of their way to lambaste them.
Aside from the heat time, my experience has been pretty identical.
Love the hopper when working, hate being beholden to the batteries and how finicky mine is.

It does look like they got an early release. They got two batteries and the old style charger.

I don't agree with their numerical score either.

Last edited:

Lou Taylor

Jut saw an Instagram post from Hopper Labs:

PRICE INCREASE FROM FEB 1

No mention of how much.
Get in now while the getting in is good!

I hope that means that all pre orders will be filled by then. I got an email last week saying expect something in 3-4 weeks.

Lou Taylor,

MoltenTiger

People struggling with temperature fidelity seems very old timer to me. Maybe they need to re-up their prescription lenses.
A professional vaporizer review that fails to understand that cannabis isn't the only herb vaporisable is pretty daft too.
Not to mention that T1-3 offer different off-gas spectrums that tend to different medicinal and personal needs. Black ABV isn't as desirable to everyone, but is an easy option nonetheless.
The GH only comes with one battery, surely?
My silicone sleeves have actually held up alright, only discolouring to a certain extent. It's good quality silicone, and the tan look isn't that bad.
Interesting to note the FF2 has only 770mAh batteries, gets around 5 chambers per cycle. I get that with GHB2s and got that with new 1s.
2-4 draws? What?
2-4 chambers and 4-16 draws seems the range for working batteries, and that is solely 30s+ hits through the bong that offers more cloud than is needed for hours.
I really don't think the GH puts the Pax to shame in terms of portability. Definitely with performance.
If you put the GH to your mouth, people will assume you're vaping, which could be perceived as weirder than chewing a pen. It's a metal rod, not just a 'pen'.

GH 6.9/10, 'Utillian 720' swift knock-off 9.0/10 (lol), Firefly 2 9.1/10, Pax 3 8.8

Is it disappointing that every review with vested interest has such skewed ratings when compared to reputable reviewers, or what?
The only thing that gets a 7/10 with the hopper is its profit margin

Icon13

Serial Vapist
I could care less how long the FF2 battery lasts. The device is a giant disappointment. I owned one and forcefully demanded a return. Honestly, it would be in my closet, in the box had they not refunded me. It is the only reason I have a GH. I'll take my monthly GH warranty claim over the FF2 any day. The FF2 had great flavor, but that's it. I was disappointed in every other way. I never showed it to anybody. I was to embarrassed in case a friend asked how much I paid. I talked about it beforehand and after it arrived I told no one.

CroZure

Jut saw an Instagram post from Hopper Labs:

PRICE INCREASE FROM FEB 1

No mention of how much.
Get in now while the getting in is good!
Didn't they also mention on their website on cyber Monday that they will be shipped before christmas. I don't believe a word they put on their marketing.

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
I could care less how long the FF2 battery lasts. The device is a giant disappointment. I owned one and forcefully demanded a return. Honestly, it would be in my closet, in the box had they not refunded me. It is the only reason I have a GH. I'll take my monthly GH warranty claim over the FF2 any day. The FF2 had great flavor, but that's it. I was disappointed in every other way. I never showed it to anybody. I was to embarrassed in case a friend asked how much I paid. I talked about it beforehand and after it arrived I told no one.

I rarely use my Firefly2, it does have great flavor but it's not really "better" than the grasshopper, plus, honestly FUCKSTIRRING.COM

Where my Grasshopper is my BMW 3 series, daily driver, ultimate vaping machine, the Firefly2 is like a Saab, novel, fun, but over priced ... yeah I know it's cheaper than a 3 series ....

(Okay this is an awkward analogy since the FF2 cost more than a grasshopper for "some reason")

ChooChooCharlie

A big thank you to FC and @MoltenTiger in particular.

That instagram pic of yours sent an impulse buy signal to my itchy amazon trigger finger.

SLX grinder came. It conquered. I had been locked in my orange plastic S&B simple is better mindset.

Freedom from habits! Wonderful feeling of success! All from tips here on FC.

Stream of near consciousness over. I think. Got these prostrate issues now.

biohacker

Boom. This is it..... flicker, i just touch the clicker and it stops, if it starts again, same thing...goes away!

This doesn't always work...sometimes that unscrew rescrew is required. I'm starting to find more and more that these newer generation hoppers work somewhat different than the previous older (beta?) generation, just different. Still lotsa testing required, but man I can't test anymore.... with the GH (and putting away my Mighty) i'm finding my usage keeps plummeting and tolerance dropping, so when I do hit one chamber...it medicates me more! I'd say my consumption is down between 30-40% ballpark.

The GH vape devices are soooo much fun!!! Never thought about that with past vapes really...FUN FACTOR. I give the GH a 10/10 for this!

btka

ok so both of my ghs are malufunctioning... one is on its way to ghl already... and for the other (replacment gh) I filled a warranty request... so I put out yesterday my e-nano and I am missing my ghs allready... the e-nano is not really a substitute for my ghs... so after my plan with one replacment gh did not work... and I have no working gh at the moment... I am thinking of which vape I can buy for such situations... should I buy a third gh for times where I have to send in both of my hoppers for warranty... but is this not totaly irrational...after all my experiences with ghs.... but are there really alternatives to the gh... what would you recommend and why? (milaana? have heard it does not quite produce as much vapor clouds as gh... or sticky bricks.. but is butane really safe?)

also to be honest if I am buying a third gh... I am a bit afraid, I love my ghs but how long will ghl exist... ok I am a heavy user of the gh ... I use it every day several times... but if others also experience the same as I with their ghs (5th time warranty request... sending every month one gh to ghl more or less for repair or replacement body) how long will it last until they are bust.. do not know maybe they have investors who believe in ghl and gh... and to be honest if ghs will work without problems, this vape has the potential to be the market leader.(this vape when working is really a game changer).. so maybe they have investors believing ghl will solve all problems... and will earn a lot of money in the future... so will ghl and lifetime warranty exist in the future... and also will there be a gh2 in the near future (say in the next half year), so it would maybe be better to buy a gh2 then a third gh1...

did I mention I am really missing my ghs... (it is like a addiction)
please help!!!!

@biohacker please tell us/me more about the differences you observed with the new ghs.. you lentioned less air restriction and better extraction (bigger clouds?)...

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

ok so both of my ghs are malufunctioning... one is on its way to ghl already... and for the other (replacment gh) I filled a warranty request... so I put out yesterday my e-nano and I am missing my ghs allready... the e-nano is not really a substitute for my ghs... so after my plan with one replacment gh did not work... and I have no working gh at the moment... I am thinking of which vape I can buy for such situations... should I buy a third gh for times where I have to send in both of my hoppers for warranty... but is this not totaly irrational...after all my experiences with ghs.... but are there really alternatives to the gh... what would you recommend and why? (milaana? have heard it does not quite produce as much vapor clouds as gh... or sticky bricks.. but is butane really safe?)

also to be honest if I am buying a third gh... I am a bit afraid, I love my ghs but how long will ghl exist... ok I am a heavy user of the gh ... I use it every day several times... but if others also experience the same as I with their ghs (5th time warranty request... sending every month one gh to ghl more or less for repair or replacement body) how long will it last until they are bust.. do not know maybe they have investors who believe in ghl and gh... and to be honest if ghs will work without problems, this vape has the potential to be the market leader.(this vape when working is really a game changer).. so maybe they have investors believing ghl will solve all problems... and will earn a lot of money in the future... so will ghl and lifetime warranty exist in the future... and also will there be a gh2 in the near future (say in the next half year), so it would maybe be better to buy a gh2 then a third gh1...

did I mention I am really missing my ghs...
please help!!!!

@biohacker please tell us/me more about the differences you observed with the new ghs.. you lentioned less air restriction and better extraction (bigger clouds?)...
Tough questions... Personally, I think 1 gh for backup is plenty (for solo use/needs). Then I would go in a different direction for a backup. That leads to the question of conduction or convection. People seem to love their Boundless vapes. For me, I'm jumping on the Dynavap train. People on that thread just LOVE them!

Having said all that, I'm still on my gh honeymoon!

btka

Tough questions... Personally, I think 1 gh for backup is plenty (for solo use/needs). Then I would go in a different direction for a backup. That leads to the question of conduction or convection. People seem to love their Boundless vapes. For me, I'm jumping on the Dynavap train. People on that thread just LOVE them!

I own a dynavap og but to be honest it is a nice vape but no alternative for my ghs... it does not produce such big dense clouds as the ghs...

the boundless vapes seem to be similar to the mighty, crafty... I sold my crafty because it did not fit my style of vaping... I am m8re the one hit guy then session guy... also I do not believe that they will produce dense clouds like the gh (crafty did not)...

thank you for your suggestions and help!

btw I am more the convection prefering guy...

biohacker

@btka great post, your feelings mirror mine....that's why I have 4 GH's, because nothing else IMO comes even close. I figure using them in a rotation will maybe help extend their longevity?

As for the differences.... the clicker is definitely different, way easier/smoother on both the ss and ti models but this has been already reported, same with the very slick smooth operation of the temp dial. I still maintain there is an increase in airflow, and technique must be adjusted to compensate. The flickering is all over the map on the new ones, but I don't give a shit anymore...if the output seems weak, which seems to be often, i'll do the adjustment to backend technique and the next hit will be money.

Other than that, and the newer v2 chargers and batteries, i'd have to do more testing to detect any differences. Sometimes I think that my technique (draw speed, pack, grind, etc) alter results way more than the actual different vapes. Draw speed is massively importantly with the GH IMO.

I wouldn't be too worried about HL going belly up.....the product is too revolutionary...they will persevere or someone else will, but i'm not worried myself. I'm just super stoked that I have these super cool high tech weed toys to play with! Giggity!

EDIT: Check out the Supreme v3 torch vape....it's safe (as long as you don't burn yourself lol), you heat the block and then inhale. You don't even need to grind....amazing flavour, massive thick super smooth clouds.... I actually prefer its vapour quality over the GH, but it's a totally different style of vape. A must have IMO.

Last edited:

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'

I've got 2 hoppers and I don't think I'd go for a third at this point, but my GH experiences have shown me that convection is my preferred MO. I've already got a conduction backup should all my GHs give out at once. If I must succumb to VAS it would be for a convection unit. So far the only one that has tempted me at all is the Firewood.

The idea of a second gen hopper that takes 18650s and is a bit more robust than V1 is very attractive. If we had any indication that was coming I'd be holding out for that. And if it could use pre-loadable pods like the FOcus Pro, I'd be all over that.

guyonthecouch

Some of you might be interested in this recently posted review of the grasshopper by local Toronto shill of a vape shop, TorontoV. Even though I've purchased a few vapes from these guys (and gals), they are always pushing their Fliwermate rebrands the "Smite" and other mumystery rebrands the "Utilian," and I believe that they unfairly critique other vapes in order to draw attention to their own products.

https://torontovaporizer.ca/blog/grasshopper-vaporizer-review/

What gets my goat about this review is their assessment of battery life. I've used a number of GHL batteries, GHB1 and 2, and have consistently been rewarded with 2-4 bowls, not draws from a full battery. Yes I realize that experience differs from person to person, but any less than 2 full bowls should be the exception, or the norm.

One hour till hoppity-hop time!!
Definitely seems like a fabricated review post to sway customers towards their own products. That's pretty weak sauce on their part. Some of their claims are making me believe they haven't even tried one yet.

The pics they used are ancient.. some of those features were never even implemented. Look at the threading on the front end..

No mention of which model they reviewed or that Ti is even available. They also avoid mentioning that it's a true convection vaporizer. The "Utillian 720" (or should I say Weecke fenix) gets a convection shout out and a slammin' 9.0. Seeing as the Utillian is a rebrand done by TVape themselves, I'd say it's a LIL biased.:2c:

btka

@btka great post, your feelings mirror mine....that's why I have 4 GH's, because nothing else IMO comes even close. I figure using them in a rotation will maybe help extend their longevity?

I also thought about this... but was to lazy using both ghs at the same time.. altough it would be the same and make no difference... when hopefully getting back both of my ghs I will try this...

@Mr. Me2 this honeymoon will never end, but be aware of the addiction to this bitch and all the troubles anfd spend money for the travels to keep her happy and working but everybody needs at least one hobbyand love hahaha sorry..

Mr. Me2

I also thought about this... but was to lazy using both ghs at the same time.. altough it would be the same and make no difference... when hopefully getting back both of my ghs I will try this...

@Mr. Me2 this honeymoon will never end, but be aware of the addiction to this bitch and all the troubles anfd spend money for the travels to keep her happy and working but everybody needs at least one hobbyand love hahaha sorry..
I know my other vapes are gathering dust too. I always keep my eyes open for the next great convection vape (come on pax, already!).

I've followed the Boundless CFV and Swift Pro (which are supposed to be true convection as compared to the Crafty/Mighty), but haven't gone there yet. Also started following Ed's TnT woodscent and the next from DM Pipes. I still do read the fw thread but haven't gone there either (as well as Zion and Miliaana). You may want to start following the haze square thread too...

guyonthecouch

I own a dynavap og but to be honest it is a nice vape but no alternative for my ghs... it does not produce such big dense clouds as the ghs...

the boundless vapes seem to be similar to the mighty, crafty... I sold my crafty because it did not fit my style of vaping... I am m8re the one hit guy then session guy... also I do not believe that they will produce dense clouds like the gh (crafty did not)...

thank you for your suggestions and help!

btw I am more the convection prefering guy...
No the boundless vapes are NOT similar to the mighty and crafty in function and performance. Don't make the same mistake I did. Most of Boundless's models are conduction based.. and not to mention, they're chinese rebrands. If you really want one you can snag the OEMs cheap off of alibaba.com.

Haven't tried Milanaa or Firewood.. might want to hold off till the Zion is fully released.

GH extraction and effects are second to none. The good ol volcano does the job well but is not that portable or discreet.

Are you ordering your Hoppers directly from HL's site or somewhere else?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chose

did I mention I am really missing my ghs... (it is like a addiction)
please help!!!!

Omni all the way
Zombi proof vape
And yes butane is safe unless you throw it in a camp fire

btka

Are you ordering your Hoppers directly from HL's site or somewhere else?

I was a pre orderer... but as far as I am from europe and the price difference between buying directly from gh (adding shipping costs and tax) is not much more then ordering from vapefiend or verdampftnochmal... I am considering buying it from a european retailer (e.g. vapefiend, verdampftnochmal) , because the shipping costs for warranty (to vapefiend or verdampftnochmal) would be half the shipping costs directly to ghl usa...

but why are you aking this? do you think there is a differnce, besides price or shippingncostsmfor warranty...

@Chose hmmm never heard of this... have to inform me about it... is it comparable to gh especialy regarding dense clouds from herb..

btka,

guyonthecouch

I was a pre orderer... but as far as I am from europe and the price difference between buying directly from gh (adding shipping costs and tax) is not much more then ordering from vapefiend or verdampftnochmal... I am considering buying it from a european retailer (e.g. vapefiend, verdampftnochmal) , because the shipping costs for warranty (to vapefiend or verdampftnochmal) would be half the shipping costs directly to ghl usa...

but why are you aking this? do you think there is a differnce, besides price or shippingncostsmfor warranty...

@Chose hmmm never heard of this... have to inform me about it... is it comparable to gh especialy regarding dense clouds from herb..
Well, if I were you and was going to be buying another hopper, I'd get one directly from them. Reassuring myself that I'll be receiving the latest/updated model. They've definitely stepped up all around manufacturing on the latest units compared to pre-orders. Back ends be smooooth as buttah!! Sooo maybe wait till feb 1st or after and see if they actually start filling orders on demand and pull the trigger then. No waiting time and you'll have the latest unit that's been put through the new testing machine they built. Lowering your stress levels surrounding warranty claims :tup:

Chose

Yes very good go check out some of the vids on the vapcap thread

btka

Well, if I were you and was going to be buying another hopper, I'd get one directly from them. Reassuring myself that I'll be receiving the latest/updated model. They've definitely stepped up all around manufacturing on the latest units compared to pre-orders. Back ends be smooooth as buttah!! Sooo maybe wait till feb 1st or after and see if they actually start filling orders on demand and pull the trigger then. No waiting time and you'll have the latest unit that's been put through the new testing machine they built. Lowering your stress levels surrounding warranty claims :tup:

hmm received a new body from ghl 1,5 to 2 months ago and it also got the cop lights sensor damage...
this time they asked me to send in my gh and told me they will repair it...

yes I also had the same thought but saw that verdampftnochmal and vapefiend are out of stock now... so if I am buying from them after they are restocking (hopefully when they restock they will get the newest gh models)... but I do not know... also ghl stated to change the prices in february...

hmmm do not know if ghl really changed something or do it better now ...hope so... In my opinion that is pure speculation they have problems with the heat sensor (seems to be very finicky).... because out of 4 warranty requests 3 had the cop light problem aka sensor damage... and I think the immediately turning blue light without heating up is also a sensor problem... would be interesting how this sensor works... I had once the elevape smart vaporizer and you had to clean brush out the sensor because it gunked up or was sprinkled with herb particals after using for a time (as I got told it was a little camera taking pictures ofmthe heating coil for meassuring temp. -》 elevape smart heat sensor... but as stated before do not know how the gh sensor works (would like to know)...
I really hope they will solve this problems or have solved it already... maybe they could not concentrate in finding the problems, because they had to fullfill pre orders and that was their main goal hope at least after fullfilling the pre orders they will concentrate to solve the liability problems, if they did not until now... because it is really the best vape I have owned and used and I owned a lot of vapes...

@Chose I own the og vapecap technicaly they are the same .. yes they are nice but you can not compare them with the gh to be honest (especially regarding dense clouds)... thought at first you mean the omni vape from smiss and not the omni vapcap...

Last edited:
Top Bottom