Discontinued The Grasshopper

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@newVaper420
I don't have a hydrotube but I put my @Ratchett silicone reducer in my D020-D and turned it upside down and it stayed in just fine. I inserted and removed my Grasshopper several times and the silicone reducer stayed snug and secure. I highly recommend it!

@JoeMama
I agree, if there's a temp 5 we damn well better be able to use it, anything less is bullshit!

Last edited:

JoeMama

@MoltenTiger thanks for that. I was needing some clarifications on PBW and RezBlock; lots of opinions out there but I think the happy medium of having both on hand is the thing to do. I can only find a "1 pound" jar of PBW, but it's cheap enough.
EDIT: found a 2 oz packet!

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

Thought I'd report that I have my first torn battery cover. It tore at the top near the battery nipple. It looks like I wanted to unwrap it.

So playing it safe, I tossed it and now I'm down to 2 batteries. I feel so naked and exposed.

Guess it's time to order extra gh batteries. I wish they had hoppers in stock so I could justify the shipping cost (and have a backup)... I'm assuming they charge shipping for battery orders, but hope I'm wrong about that.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Thought I'd report that I have my first torn battery cover. It tore at the top near the battery nipple. It looks like I wanted to unwrap it.

So playing it safe, I tossed it and now I'm down to 2 batteries. I feel so naked and exposed.

Guess it's time to order extra gh batteries. I wish they had hoppers in stock so I could justify the shipping cost (and have a backup)... I'm assuming they charge shipping for battery orders, but hope I'm wrong about that.

there is no way to rewrap Hoppers battery or use heat shrink ?

Hjalmark,

Mr. Me2

Not that I'm aware, but I'll let others weigh in. Not sure if it would void the warranty too.

Mr. Me2,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
there is no way to rewrap Hoppers battery or use heat shrink ?
I wouldn't mess with a halfway used up, second extra battery that's replaceable for $7. Get a couple of GHB2's @Mr. Me2 ! Shipping domestic in US would be $3.50, I believe.
I think I'd only fix the wrap myself if it were my last battery. Well, maybe second to last.

Here's a non-sequitor. What ever happened to those 'new' style silicone mouthpieces? I think they were mentioned about two Updates ago, no? This seems like such a simple accessory, and a potential revenue source, so, what's the holdup? And I don't wanna hear about why the leather sleeves have not been available for many, many months. Website says those, if ordered, will ship in 2-3 days. Does the Paypal conspiracy (fraud) theory apply to the sleeves? Even the free(?) ones.

huk_huk

got a replacement body in the mail today :)

however it's wierd that the finish is better than on my original SS body.. So I weighted it and it's 21.43g and my old SS body is 22.22g. Did they send me a titanium? But could also be design changes. Will using a titanium body with a ss front and ss back potential damage the unit?

huk_huk,

Mr. Me2

got a replacement body in the mail today :)

however it's wierd that the finish is better than on my original SS body.. So I weighted it and it's 21.43g and my old SS body is 22.22g. Did they send me a titanium? But could also be design changes. Will using a titanium body with a ss front and ss back potential damage the unit?
Caroline told me the mouthpiece is interchangeable. You may want to email her and ask about the backend. You might want to also ask if they lightened the ss body.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Hey! Just noticed that we're on page 500. Happy something or other everybody!!!
That calls for a gratuitous stash shot:

JKdjGtD.jpg

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Ok I just ordered two of those Silicon 14mm to 18mm adapters. Hope it works. Secondly, I ordered two pairs of battery caps. I also ordered the mini funnel. LOL I went on a spending spree at @Ratchett 's. LOL :-). I also ordered the Mighty water pipe adapter. Let's see what happens :-)
I think you'll like them. They are my preferred reducer by far, especially for the Grasshopper. They provide a perfect seal with no scratching of the mouthpiece, and they are black so they don't stain like the hopper's silicone mouthpiece.

I love all of my Delta 3D Studio accessories!

Top Bottom