Discontinued The Grasshopper

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Thank you, @Ratchett , that's very kind of you!

So first, I have to confess that I was wrong about the Nitecore model number. It's a UM20. I hope that's a good charger! Here is the link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PGD3W38/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As far as the sleeves go, there is one other slightly annoying thing about them: The inner veins of the sleeves which are meant to "hold" the battery centered, could be a bit longer, as the batteries like to slip out without any friction to at least keep them fairly steady while I'm fumbling the assembly into the battery bay(s). But it's only a minor thing; perhaps it's not good to even slightly impinge on the battery body....??

So, assuming the UM20 is an OK device (like to hear from all of you who know!), and that it's meant to be compatible with the sleeves, then I'm happy to accept your offer to have new ones made!

Ahhh that's why! Phew haha - still not a problem - Can you PM me and send me a picture or tell me how far off the pin is from center so I can adjust accordingly (I can adjust the fit also - that's partially due to variances in plastics when printed - different colors shrink differently lol). I love the opportunity to make my products more 'universal' - I don't have every external charger on the market so I need to know if it works or doesn't work. Early editions for example had text which ruined the 3D print, that was quickly eliminated to increase print quality :lol:

The UM20 charger will work just fine for charging your batteries :)

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeMama

Ahhh that's why! Whew haha - still not a problem - Can you PM me and send me a picture or tell me how far off the pin is from center so I can adjust accordingly (I can adjust the fit also - that's partially due to variances in plastics when printed - different colors shrink differently lol).

The UM20 charger will work just fine for charging your batteries :)
Man I feel like an idiot...

I can't find how to PM you and/or be able to upload images unless their "links".
May I impose upon you for instructions? Took some nice shots, too!

JoeMama,

kingfisher

Update on my 2 of 8 dead batteries... not charging.

Sent warranty request July 29th. Got responses beginning today.

Caroline at first said to send in unit, batteries, and charger bc it seemed like a device draining the battery too soon issue.

I asked, politely, for her to take a closer look bc that was not at all the problem. Also I didn't want to send the unit in for $10 if it wasn't absolutely necessary.

She apologized for the mistake and is sendING me 2 new batteries!

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Just hopping in to say I used my grasshopper with over 10 people hitting it back to back without turning it off. I started it at the lowest temperature and Everyone was able to get 2 hits once I turned it all the way up to temp 5. We used it this way for about five bowls back to back. I went through about 3 batteries and had to stop since that's all I had brought with me. A lot of my friends were skeptical about it and once they were all toasty, they couldn't believe a "pen" could do that. However, I had ordered a bronze Ti and that once started messing up by not showing the red light when it's heating up, and suddenly it stopped heating and it turns itself off. The purple Ti that I shared with my friends is working really well ever since I got it from Vapefiend at the beginning of the year, just checked and I got it in April.

kingfisher

As far as images are concerned, here is how you post them here: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/how-to-post-pictures.155/

:peace:

Guess I created the wrong type of link...? Followed the instructions but I do not know what bb code is..?

I'll try again.... still don't see anything that says bb link or bb code when I go to the "share" options in imgur.

I had previously tried to "copy link" From imgur.com and embed it into the forum. That for some reason gives a broken link symbol.

kingfisher,

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Guess I created the wrong type of link...? Followed the instructions but I do not know what bb code is..?

I'll try again.... still don't see anything that says bb link or bb code when I go to the "share" options in imgur.

I had previously tried to "copy link" From imgur.com and embed it into the forum. That for some reason gives a broken link symbol.
Where it says link on the top of the imgur page is actually a menu. You need to change it to direct link.

Vapor_Eyes,
Reactions: Stu

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
The only times I get a little frustrated is when I happen to be on a dying battery and can't decide if I need fresh herb or if I should just finish off the battery with the "old" herb, then replace battery, hit the old herb again... and half the time I get more vapor. But the other half of the time, I used a fresh battery to try and hit spent material.

#Grasshopper"Problems"

JoeMama

Ooh, ooh, my turn!

#GrasshoppeRants
Now if I only had a twitter account.

But we digress....

@Vapor_Eyes , I do believe I like the tiny amounts, as you suggested. And while I don't seem happy with a T3, 3.5 seems to be a nice starting point, on up to 5 on the final shot.

I'm impressed by the efficiency of convection, this thing is (so far) rock solid.

Hoey420

Got my ss and ti hoppers last week! Love the ss, haven't tried ti yet.
I use heatshrink for the body, no scratch and adds color, less slippery:)
$

MonkeyTime

Got my ss and ti hoppers last week! Love the ss, haven't tried ti yet.
I use heatshrink for the body, no scratch and adds color, less slippery:)
$
That does look great! Can I ask what sort of heat shrink it is and what it's intended for normally? I might want that for my plain Ti....

Last edited:
MonkeyTime,

slatihe

The future is here! :clap: I've seen't it! :o I've held them in my hands!:bowdown:

:nod:Now if only I could haves a 19/18mm one....:brow:

Seriously. Had them for a while now. Ti n green ti. Green scratched super easy screwing battery in from the stupid clip... So yeah anadizing is super thin... Lesson learned, be careful! Definitely can't complain. Yo, less then 200 and almost a log. That's right, it can hang! :science: Like dang... :freak:

Well worth the wait, was just worried they'd fold before getting enough units out to prove it's real before every one gets too impatient.

Seriously with a life time warranty?

Only thing is, I absolutely wish I could turn off the leds at night... can put in sleeve or hide in hands well enough I guess.

Only two criticisms I can come up with... I mean yeah battery life isn't grate but they are alright, cheap, and charge fast (externally) and easily changed.

Oh and check this tomo charger (or white cheaper one) out. :tup:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Looks great! Color looks alike a very noble petrol green. Or ist it black and only looks alike on pic?

Good idea for Hopper's gadget. Smooth sleeves in different colors with a good warm haptic.

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Does anybody know the current status of Hopper's ss case and their plans about the oil end?
Will they come (again) and when yes, when they will be available approximately?

Last edited:
Hogni,

Mr. Me2

Does anybody know the current status of Hopper's ss case and their plans about the oil end?
Will they come (again) and when yes, when they will be available approximately?
Ghl has been silent on that one. Maybe they couldn't fix the design problems. For me, I cancelled my order for that case and got one of @Ratchett's leather cases designed especially for the gh. I HIGHLY recommend it!

Justpassedu

I cant read through the entire thread to diagnose my problem . I had the hopper a few weeks now , i dont abuse it and use it sparingly. I would say now after using the batteries roughly 4-5 charges each they now only last about 10 hits for me at a temp of about 3.5-4 . Is this normal ? Or do i possibly have a problem somewhere ? My hopper also doesn't produce vapor at 3 or below and at any temp it takes me about a 15-20 second pull to get some cloudage. I am wondering if these things are normal ?

Justpassedu,
Top Bottom