Discontinued The Grasshopper

delloy

Hopefull this will end the speculation about the "Session Extender"

Below is an extract from an email I received from Trevor back in March

"Yes, the sleeve will be included" :)

So glad to see these finally making it into people's hands. Thankyou @midgetsanchez for posting all this info so promptly and giving us all something to look forward to, from what you have experienced/said so far this vape sounds awesome!

delloy,

Splingy

I would have expected multiple usage reports to have hit all at once: presumably several people opted to get an early hopper without a charger, and I would have thought a good proportion of them would be FC members. midgetsanchez has had his for 8 hours now... I wonder how many units were involved in this first shipment.

Splingy,
Reactions: mindful1

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
I would have expected multiple usage reports to have hit all at once: presumably several people opted to get an early hopper without a charger, and I would have thought a good proportion of them would be FC members. midgetsanchez has had his for 8 hours now... I wonder how many units were involved in this first shipment.

People are probably busy testing it.

:brow:

inuhuion

With the way I've been using it (click on, take a few draws, click off, repeat over a few minutes) it has time to cool off a bit between hits. I could see the mouthpiece getting uncomfortably hot with longer sessions (between multiple people for instance), but it's not bad enough that it would burn you or anything...it would just be uncomfortable. The silicone tip helps big time with that.

That said, it does cool off very quickly so the click-on, drag(s), click-off method seems to work very well.
What if, and I'm just spitballing here, but what if you put the metal mouthpiece in the fridge or freezer for a bit. Then when it's nice and cold, put it back on the GH and hit it. Would that eliminate the heat on the front end while drawing?

BaMbAaAChA

HAKUNA MATATA!!
What if, and I'm just spitballing here, but what if you put the metal mouthpiece in the fridge or freezer for a bit. Then when it's nice and cold, put it back on the GH and hit it. Would that eliminate the heat on the front end while drawing?
For the first 2-3 hits max. But that's all it takes to dry your herbs if you go banana crazy at sucking

BaMbAaAChA,
Reactions: mycalw

vapeppau

Hey @midgetsanchez can you tell us how the screen is? How is it clogging? And any bits in your mouth? What kind of grind you using?

Sorry about the barrage of questions :p

vapeppau,

Edwardo

Really happy you guys are starting to get these through now! Really happy to see the end of the candidate thread! So I bought a crafty a while ago to see me through the few months until hoppers became 'real'. Will my crafty have a place at all once I get my hopper?

Edwardo,

Psy

My congratulations !!! we've been waiting for this!
Tell us about the battery life, and how much time is spent on evaporation of the full bowls on mode 4

Psy,

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
@midgetsanchez have you tried it out with any water tools yet? I think I wanna start looking for something nice and small to order so I can have it by the time I get mine, especially if the vapor is real warm.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
For folks who's throats get a tickle easily from vapor, try taking shorter puff - draws so any perceived harshness is thwarted before setting in.

Snappo,
Reactions: snamuh

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Just have a glass of ice cold water at your side and get on with it!
Exactly!!! Do whatever works best for you! And if you aren't vaping at a location where a cold glass of water just isn't convenient or available, take shorter puffs or figure out something else - be inventive and adventurous:-)

zymos

We don't know how many people actually had the option. There is a post on reddit from someone who jumped on the offer of early shipment, emailed Trevor more than once, and never even heard back.
They could have shipped only 3 of them by now, for all we know....

zymos

no news is good news, is it not? Means people are getting on just fine with their new hoppers, no?

Do you think an active FC member would not even make a single post after receiving such a hotly anticipated item?
So far we have one who received it, and one other who is waiting for delivery.
Maybe reports will start to trickle in, I just can't imagine people being shy about it if they actually got one after all this time.

Mrbinky

I guess it could benefit from a longer vapor path. What if you used it with the water tool, but without water in it, just to cool things down?

Yup! It's not too bad, just something that could be improved upon. And Buzz was right; it can keep up with long & soft or quick & hard draws.... long & hard draws tend to produce hot vapor (although when I use it with my bubbler anything is game!)

Something I noticed is that the finish looks different with and without flash (left is how it generally looks in my fluorescent-lit room, right is with flash on my phone)

d3v02wt.jpg

I need to make a comment here - something I'm really impressed by is the efficiency; I've never been so medicated with such little material. It's somehow more efficient than my first portable vape (MFLB)....the fact that this works with small amounts is remarkable. After using it all I night I can truly say I love it. Definitely a game-changer....this truly feels like the future of vaporization.

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Really happy you guys are starting to get these through now! Really happy to see the end of the candidate thread! So I bought a crafty a while ago to see me through the few months until hoppers became 'real'. Will my crafty have a place at all once I get my hopper?

Fuck it, $350 just to tide you over for a couple months. Must be nice :p

Edwardo

Fuck it, $350 just to tide you over for a couple months. Must be nice :p
Got it for £180 (about $275, which at a better exchange rate could be as low as $200). Im not rich by any means, I was kind of hedging my bets in case the hopper never made it, and I needed a portable quickly (or I would revert back to smoking). Im really glad for all involved that the grasshopper has made it! Now I'm worried that my crafty will be slightly redundant pretty soon. I didn't believe this 'VAS' thing was real until I joined FC. September seems so far away.

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
Got it for £180 (about $275, which at a better exchange rate could be as low as $200). Im not rich by any means, I was kind of hedging my bets in case the hopper never made it, and I needed a portable quickly (or I would revert back to smoking). Im really glad for all involved that the grasshopper has made it! Now I'm worried that my crafty will be slightly redundant pretty soon. I didn't believe this 'VAS' thing was real until I joined FC. September seems so far away.
You can use it as a nice session vape with some buddies and keep the GH for yourself :science:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
It's nice that many of you are already in love with the Grasshopper so much that you want to get rid of your other vapourizers, but I want to clarify something that many members don't realize: it is against the rules to mention that you are thinking about selling something!

The reason is simple but perhaps not obvious. If you say you are thinking about selling your Zoomblaster Cloudmaker, then you've basically just invited people to contact you about buying it. Classifieds here are a privilege extended to contributing members in good standing. That's why you have to qualify to post in them, and why we will revoke the privilege if you abuse it. We therefore can't allow a subtle evasion like this. The problem is that hardly anyone understands this until one of us moderators has to edit your post and issue a warning. That's also why those warnings don't normally carry warning points. They do create work for us though, so I hope this will avoid some of it. Thanks for your cooperation.

ominosity

I guess it could benefit from a longer vapor path. What if you used it with the water tool, but without water in it, just to cool things down?
I'm thinking even a short glass tube like the one that came with my FM8 might do the job. But surely a second cooler, longer, whatever it takes mouthpiece must be in the works from the manufacturer. Keep the short one for stealth when out and a longer one for home use.

Top Bottom