Discontinued The Grasshopper

yeah. Li-ion batteries are storing better if 80% charged.

EDIT: me like how this Wavy guy reviews vaporizers. that VapeGossip women should watch and learn.
for me the biggest pro that GrassHopper have on FireFly2 is easy bong connectivity. ad it is more savage. looks like FF2 is more like a session vape. while GG is a one hitter.
I love/hate this reviewer. Something about his Stoney mannerisms drive me nuts, but I also appreciate that he never blows smoke or vapor up my ass, like most reviewers on the 'tubes. Glad to see a follow-up to his initial GH review!

pushpaw

I wouldnt hold your breath. I sent my warranty support request last Friday and they are yet to even read my ticket.

I will give it until tomorrow and if still the same will contact @VapeFiend.com again as Hopper labs are letting them down with support it would seem.
Do you mean just this last Friday, like the 20th? That means you are into only the 2nd working day since you filed a ticket. Impatient much?

i have had two warranty repairs since I've had my hopper (rec'd in early Dec 2015) and both have been very satisfactory as far as time goes. First one was a replacement body, and they sent my replacement out before I sent the broken one back. 2nd time was mysterious not-turning-off issue, so they asked me to send the whole unit back to diagnose. Obviously this one took a little longer but was still back in pretty good time. The 2nd one I filed on a weekend, and was not expecting it to get responded to until the following week. Was probably about Tue or Wed before they got to my ticket, which I did not find out of line at all.

abcd5432

Do you mean just this last Friday, like the 20th? That means you are into only the 2nd working day since you filed a ticket. Impatient much?

i have had two warranty repairs since I've had my hopper (rec'd in early Dec 2015) and both have been very satisfactory as far as time goes. First one was a replacement body, and they sent my replacement out before I sent the broken one back. 2nd time was mysterious not-turning-off issue, so they asked me to send the whole unit back to diagnose. Obviously this one took a little longer but was still back in pretty good time. The 2nd one I filed on a weekend, and was not expecting it to get responded to until the following week. Was probably about Tue or Wed before they got to my ticket, which I did not find out of line at all.

Thanks that's somewhat comforting. I'm going to give them two weeks before figuring out what my options are for getting the money back. It's such a great product it's a shame that it's being hindered by these production issues.

Am I the only one who thinks it is hurting them leaving the option to order still up? My broken grasshopper came before some people who have been waiting a long time for theirs.

abcd5432,

Cleezy

I finally received my 1/15/15 Hopper order yesterday. I now understand that the wait IS well worth it. Do not have time for much detail but I can say it looks and feels very well made, it rips natively but can get a little warm, it will "sit you down" after several "water" hits.

So far so good..... swear this is alien tech with how advanced it is compared to other vapes. The only other vape that really blew me away was Herbie when I first started using it. Now that I have the Hopper I might be doing a vape purge of Pax, Crafty, and Herbie because the GH can satisfy all of my needs in a small package.

It appears most of the issues have been resolved and now the only reservation left in me is the fear of it failing at some point. Love the lifetime warranty but hope to avoid the need to use it. GAME CHANGER.

Tony Timeless

Hi guys!

Couple questions :)

1. I've picked up something about 2 different batches existing and that you can tell by the ring at the back-end of the unit which batch it is? Are there newer and older models around? Can somebody enlighten me here please?

2. The flickering blue lights thing - my Ti GH sometimes flickers blue but the strange thing is, it isn't always the case when then battery is running empty, it can be the first or second hit with a fresh battery. But when it happens the unit extracts lesser, resulting in less vapor and way brighter AVB compared to when the lights don't flicker. What could be the problem here? I've read something about the connectivity to the battery? What's it all about? Because this is kinda annoying, you load a nice bowl maybe with a nice kief layer in the middle and start hitting it through the bubbler on 5 and the lights flicker .

3. How heavy do you guys use this device? I read things like "intense use" or "daily use". I am asking because for me it feels so strange using a portable as my main vaporizer these days and every bowl I take i think "hmmm.. shouldn't I take the Nano?" but to be honest, the GH is delivering such gigantic hits and I really love it so far (as long as the lights don't flicker :D ) and therefore I have been using the GH as my daily driver the last 2 days but as I said - and after 2 warranty problems already so far - I always think this might be the last bowl before it brakes ... :p :D

Thanks!! Greetings

Bdubbdiblets

Don't mean to "hop" ur question Ton man but quick question before I join the masses..

Besides look and better metal quality does the titanium function any better than the ss? I personally don't care if it gets scratched as long as the clouds are rollin and my mind is swimmin in the carribean!! ;)

Ps. VAS is real

Last edited:

btka

@Gregori
may I ask how long it took to arrive when you received it the first time (after shippment confirmation mail)? ... (and was it international priority shipping)? I am also from europe... and waiting for my shippment and since friday it is stuck in aurora usps facility... I waited moremthen one year for my gh but now I am getting impatient haha....

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Don't mean to "hop" ur question Ton man but quick question before I join the masses..

Besides look and better metal quality does the titanium function any better than the ss? I personally don't care if it gets scratched as long as the clouds are rollin and my mind is swimmin in the carribean!! ;)

Ps. VAS is real

Not really, interior parts are all the same. It is much lighter weight though, but the ss is great on its own already.

I noticed the batteries can't go lower than 3.7v when the hopper reports them as dead, meaning you should actually be able to store "dead" batteries a long time without any issue bc they are really still half full I believe. Better than storing at full 4.2v at least

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
3. How heavy do you guys use this device? I read things like "intense use" or "daily use". I am asking because for me it feels so strange using a portable as my main vaporizer these days and every bowl I take i think "hmmm.. shouldn't I take the Nano?" but to be honest, the GH is delivering such gigantic hits and I really love it so far (as long as the lights don't flicker :D ) and therefore I have been using the GH as my daily driver the last 2 days but as I said - and after 2 warranty problems already so far - I always think this might be the last bowl before it brakes ... :p :D

I use my hopper pretty much as my primary cannabis device. I use it all day everyday and it works great. I do wish battery life was better but I've never been stranded so it's a peeve.

jamesuk9

Crew Slut...

Yes, you're probably right. I am being a bit impatient. It's because I know it will have to go back to @VapeFiend.com for warranty so I see the delay in waiting for Hopper Labs to authorise that as a bit unnecessary but can see why they want to keep track of warranty claims and failure rates.

It is only 3 weeks since it was last sent back for a heater failure and it killed me being without it so the thought of going through it again mortifies me.

They did coincidently get back to me within an hour of me posting here asking me to return the whole lot again for what is essentially a charger failure which I am reluctant to do. I'd rather buy another charger than go through the whole process again but unfortunately they aren't available for purchase yet.

I have my mate calling over with his this morning so that i can hopefully check out his charger and check my charger on his unit in the hope I can confirm 100% that there are no back end issues and I will then talk to Hopper Labs again in the hope that they will just change the charger this time and not require the whole lot back again as the unit appears to be working just fine.

pushpaw

Yes, you're probably right. I am being a bit impatient. It's because I know it will have to go back to @VapeFiend.com for warranty so I see the delay in waiting for Hopper Labs to authorise that as a bit unnecessary but can see why they want to keep track of warranty claims and failure rates.

It is only 3 weeks since it was last sent back for a heater failure and it killed me being without it so the thought of going through it again mortifies me.

They did coincidently get back to me within an hour of me posting here asking me to return the whole lot again for what is essentially a charger failure which I am reluctant to do. I'd rather buy another charger than go through the whole process again but unfortunately they aren't available for purchase yet.

I have my mate calling over with his this morning so that i can hopefully check out his charger and check my charger on his unit in the hope I can confirm 100% that there are no back end issues and I will then talk to Hopper Labs again in the hope that they will just change the charger this time and not require the whole lot back again as the unit appears to be working just fine.
Having had to do 2 warranty claims myself I can relate. It works so well when it is working that it really sucks when it does not. How many batteries do you have? I have 4 and use a Nitecore D2 to charge them 2 at a time and just swap them out as needed. I have never used the charger that came with my hopper. The D2 and other similar chargers are pretty inexpensive. I think mine was less than $20.

jamesuk9

Crew Slut...
Having had to do 2 warranty claims myself I can relate. It works so well when it is working that it really sucks when it does not. How many batteries do you have? I have 4 and use a Nitecore D2 to charge them 2 at a time and just swap them out as needed. I have never used the charger that came with my hopper. The D2 and other similar chargers are pretty inexpensive. I think mine was less than $20.

I have 3 batteries and a Nitecore D4 so charging externally is no big deal for me. I can live without the included usb charger and would be happy to do so however it is covered by warranty so is worthwhile getting it sorted in the long run.

All sorted now anyway. I have confirmed via my mates unit and charger that it is infact 100% a charger issue with mine which Hopper Labs have accepted and have asked @VapeFiend.com to send me a new one which they are doing tomorrow and I will return the faulty one for them to examine.

Cannot fault Vapefiends service in any way, i was just as you say being a bit impatient with HL as the Hopper is so good i cant live without it. It is my intention to buy another as soon as I am able to source one from Vapefiend. They have added me to their mailing list and are expecting another batch sometime through June.

I do have other vapes, a Crafty, a Storm and a Flowermate V5s at my disposal but they dont compare for extraction or ease of use so i just got a bit tetchy at the thought of being without my Hopper for any length of time again.

Vaperist

I have 3 batteries and a Nitecore D4 so charging externally is no big deal for me. I can live without the included usb charger and would be happy to do so however it is covered by warranty so is worthwhile getting it sorted in the long run.

All sorted now anyway. I have confirmed via my mates unit and charger that it is infact 100% a charger issue with mine which Hopper Labs have accepted and have asked @VapeFiend.com to send me a new one which they are doing tomorrow and I will return the faulty one for them to examine.

Cannot fault Vapefiends service in any way, i was just as you say being a bit impatient with HL as the Hopper is so good i cant live without it. It is my intention to buy another as soon as I am able to source one from Vapefiend. They have added me to their mailing list and are expecting another batch sometime through June.

I do have other vapes, a Crafty, a Storm and a Flowermate V5s at my disposal but they dont compare for extraction or ease of use so i just got a bit tetchy at the thought of being without my Hopper for any length of time again.

this must be a syndrome. or a fashion. for Hopper community not using original charger.

is there a malfunctions reported latterly caused by using that cable charger? i remember long time ago there was. but those must be sorted out by now. together with hot backends.

i can't see how it is handy to screw, unscrew dat backend to change a battery after every 3 bowls.

Last edited:
Vaperist,
Reactions: jamesuk9

jamesuk9

Crew Slut...
this must be a syndrome. or a fashion. for Hopper community not using original charger.

is there a malfunctions reported latterly caused by using that cable charger? i remember long time ago there was. but those must be sorted out by now. together with hot backends.

i can't see how it is handy to screw, unscrew dat backend to change a battery after every 3 bowls.

It isn't handy, it's a complete ballache to be honest. It is however safer for the Hopper and better for the batteries to charge externally in a more regulated environment.

Personally, I just like the option of both depending on needs at the time.

Vaperist

It isn't handy, it's a complete ballache to be honest. It is however safer for the Hopper and better for the batteries to charge externally in a more regulated environment.

Personally, I just like the option of both depending on needs at the time.

i know, i know man. external is more reliable for a better battery life. can do a gentle 0.25A charging.

but if not caring about a battery life, is it bad for a Hopper's health to use dat cable? any failures reported in last month?

Vaperist,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

It's not, and it must be done more often than that likely, but if you have spare batts that's what you do, swap and charge the used one, continue using Hopper... I have not used my charger yet either, it's better to rotate batteries than over use one I think, so I don't want to keep recharging over and over again that way personally. And I am already used to doing this with Milaana anyway since it has no internal charging at all (though its battery life seems more than double GH). I'm sure the charger is fine to use though, one would hope!

Gregori

CannaBoss
@Gregori
may I ask how long it took to arrive when you received it the first time (after shippment confirmation mail)? ... (and was it international priority shipping)? I am also from europe... and waiting for my shippment and since friday it is stuck in aurora usps facility... I waited moremthen one year for my gh but now I am getting impatient haha....
Hi, it took almost two weeks. After two years of wait, those were the longest hours.

delloy

@jamesuk9 The grasshopper that you mentioned above with the faulty charger, did it come supplied direct from Hopper Labs or was it purchased through Vapefiend originally? I'm asking as I am also in the UK and currently still waiting on my Feb 15 preorder direct from HL. Is Vapefiend doing all the warranty work for UK owners or just the ones purchased direct from themselves?​

Last edited:

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I looked on eBay for a grasshopper just to see what they were going for. $420?! Eh, I can wait. And if something comes out better before they ship it, I'll just cancel and go elsewhere :-).

I'm rooting for Hopper Labs though. This looks like the portable I've always been waiting for.

Top Bottom