Discontinued The Grasshopper

Bass Vaper

One advantage the GH will have over the firefly, I think, correct me if I'm wrong, is that you can throw chunks of bud in it without grinding.

I've come to the conclusion that no vape works really well without grinding. The Alfa was another one that people said would do well without grinding, I disagree. Sure, you'll get a few whispy clouds, but overall it's seems to waste the bud (my experience). The GH is the same, it doesn't hit as well without grinding and then it feels like the load is cooked and ready to dump.

That, and using vapes outside never seem to work well for me. Just never feels like I'm getting a hit.

Maybe it's user error.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
I've come to the conclusion that no vape works really well without grinding. The Alfa was another one that people said would do well without grinding, I disagree. Sure, you'll get a few whispy clouds, but overall it's seems to waste the bud (my experience). The GH is the same, it doesn't hit as well without grinding and then it feels like the load is cooked and ready to dump.

That, and using vapes outside never seem to work well for me. Just never feels like I'm getting a hit.

Maybe it's user error.
My Solo and GH work really well without grinding. I want to say I can fully vaporize a small nug in the Solo stem and in the GH. I like using small chunks in the GH since I feel the flavor is better that way. I don't really have to break up the nug after a few pulls if I don't want to. However, now a days I have my material pre-ground in a doob tube, and use it when I'm going out. If I'm at home I can just pinch a bit of herb and throw it in the chamber. I haven't had any issues this way, and it vaporizes really well. It could be that different Gh's are calibrated differently and you may be having a different experience than me.

nikcorda

WzYXvcM.jpg

So ive been Using this mouthpiece for a while now, and ive got some pms since my original post. So ive been wondering if u guys want me to make them and sell them on ebay or something. If so ill send my gf to make a bunch :-). (can be made more pleasing to the eye as the guy who made them makes some amazing things).
i will definitely take one, and would actually prefer it to be simple cheap and clear

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist

Maybe it's user error.

I've totally switched to just pinching of a bud and throwing it in, I haven't ground for the Grasshoppper in months and been way happier with flavor and clouds, it's petty versatile

kingfisher

WzYXvcM.jpg

So ive been Using this mouthpiece for a while now, and ive got some pms since my original post. So ive been wondering if u guys want me to make them and sell them on ebay or something. If so ill send my gf to make a bunch :-). (can be made more pleasing to the eye as the guy who made them makes some amazing things).
Interested

kingfisher,

Bass Vaper

I've totally switched to just pinching of a bud and throwing it in, I haven't ground for the Grasshoppper in months and been way happier with flavor and clouds, it's petty versatile

What temp level you running?

Bass Vaper,

Lahey

Cruisin'
Last night my GH turned on by itself somehow. It was weird, I took a couple puffs and put it down on my nightstand while laying around reading. I was pretty high, so I can't remember if it was off or in standby (sometimes I do forget to click it off if it goes into standby while I am using it.) But either way, at some point I heard it clicking, looked over and it was showing blue lights. Working fine otherwise... Haven't been able to re-create the event yet. For now I am leaving the battery in only when I'm around, and occasionally leaving it on standby, to see if I can get it to happen again. So far it was just the one time. :hmm: I'll report back. Anybody else experience anything like this?

MoltenTiger

Last night my GH turned on by itself somehow. It was weird, I took a couple puffs and put it down on my nightstand while laying around reading. I was pretty high, so I can't remember if it was off or in standby (sometimes I do forget to click it off if it goes into standby while I am using it.) But either way, at some point I heard it clicking, looked over and it was showing blue lights. Working fine otherwise... Haven't been able to re-create the event yet. For now I am leaving the battery in only when I'm around, and occasionally leaving it on standby, to see if I can get it to happen again. So far it was just the one time. :hmm: I'll report back. Anybody else experience anything like this?
I usually leave it blue for a minute or two whilst smashing a bowl over 2-4 hits, so I have had it time out on me quite a few times. I have noticed sometimes it will randomly go from standby no lights to glowing red LEDs. I don't think I've had it go blue and heat up like this though.
I would be hesitant to leave it on standby after seeing this.

I've also made some plans to design and fabricate a waterpipe adapter. I'm not quite satisfied with using the silicone mouthpiece, though it works well it gets dirty quickly and is too porus to clean. I have given mine a quick run over with ISO, but it's discolouration is permanent.
Connecting it natively scratches the Ti.
I've just spent a bunch on a lovely Seed of Life lace disc tube, and I want to pair with it an aesthetic option to connect the GH hands free, with no flavour alteration and an easy to clean design that avoids reclaim/debris build up.
I'm planning on making something similar in appearance and function to the MFLB wooden whip adapter, but using Tasmanian hardwood (sassafras, Huon pine, Tas oak) borosilicate and replaceable silicone o-rings.
I have a bunch of water pipes, a few hoppers going to different people with similar needs so I was thinking of making multiple. I have access to a milling machine, so I could quite easily ramp up production. If anyone is interested, PM me. I'll probably be doing this in my school holidays in about 6 weeks.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
That sounds wicked, @MoltenTiger! I'm really not a fan of that awful looking (once stained) silicone tip either. But, I have found that this Teflon 18-14mm reducer made specifically for my Sublimator, works perfectly well with any of my 18.8mm glass . . .
6T1dhJx.jpg

PxB6jse.jpg

. . . It allows for native, hands-free, scratch-free mating as long as I leave the reducer in my glass piece, and it adds very little to the vapor-pathway . . .
ZnoweUN.jpg

lp7MOwD.jpg

If anyone is interested, they can be found for $11 usd here at Sublimator.ca:
https://sublimator.ca/product/18mm-teflon-fitting/

. . . Or at PlanetVape.ca for $11.95 cad:
http://www.planetvape.ca/sublimator-14mm-to-18mm-adapter.html

Happy Hoppin y'all!​

green-grasshopper-species-grasshopper.png

:peace:

Kasish

That sounds wicked, @MoltenTiger! I'm really not a fan of that awful looking (once stained) silicone tip either. But, I have found that this Teflon 18-14mm reducer made specifically for my Sublimator, works perfectly well with any of my 18.8mm glass . . .
6T1dhJx.jpg

PxB6jse.jpg

. . . It allows for native, hands-free, scratch-free mating as long as I leave the reducer in my glass piece, and it adds very little to the vapor-pathway . . .
ZnoweUN.jpg

lp7MOwD.jpg

Happy Hoppin y'all!​

Hows the sublimator taste compared to normal vapes?

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
6T1dhJx.jpg

PxB6jse.jpg

ZnoweUN.jpg

lp7MOwD.jpg

Happy Hoppin y'all!​

Thanks that's awesome. I didn't even think something like that existed. This would be perfect for my setup

MoltenTiger

6T1dhJx.jpg

PxB6jse.jpg

ZnoweUN.jpg

lp7MOwD.jpg

Happy Hoppin y'all!​

Awesome !
I actually saw this adapter in a sublimator video when I was shopping for my bong
I didn't try and find one standalone, so thanks for the links and great pics - this is a perfect solution here by the looks. Cheers for the info, I will still have to work something out for my 18mm male piece when it gets here. Could use a F/F adapter, but it would be nice to have a bit of wooden bling perhaps.

I'd be interested to hear what you have to say about the differences between a GH and a sublimator, I'd love to give one a try one day.
Does the sub just produce similar to the best yield clouds of the hopper continuously, where as the hopper definitely has a peak of production during a hit? Or is sublimation really a different take on consumption again?

I hope you can make some sense of that. I am hoppered on a new pick up of some nice dense dank.

I've been using rings of silicone whip as a buffer on the hopper tonight, but I'm definitely going to order one of those teflon gaskets.

What kind of consistency is the teflon? ie. hard/rigid / soft/spungy

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Same price? I thought the GH was considerably cheaper.
I believe he said that if they were to be priced at the same amount, he would go with the FF2. That video actually left me feeling disappointed at the lack of clouds the FF2 produces compared to the GH. I love being able to take one big hit at the 4th setting in my GH and be done. It looks like the FF2 is more of a session vaporizer, since I'm assuming you have to take more pulls to finish the bowl than the GH.

Mr Mellish

I believe he said that if they were to be priced at the same amount, he would go with the FF2. That video actually left me feeling disappointed at the lack of clouds the FF2 produces compared to the GH. I love being able to take one big hit at the 4th setting in my GH and be done. It looks like the FF2 is more of a session vaporizer, since I'm assuming you have to take more pulls to finish the bowl than the GH.

Doh! Maybe I need to get my hearin' appendages inspected!

Mr Mellish,
Reactions: vapen00b

Milkytime

Yeah that comparison review was bad not through at all.
I have been hearing many negative points on the ff2 such as the vapor path clogs very easily if you grind too fine. So you use coarse grind and it dosent give as good production. Or that it cuts mid hit all the time. He didn't have a bad thing to say about the ff2 surely there are some downsides.
I can understand the hot vapor which im a bit afraid of when i finally get my hopper. Im a bit sensetive to hot vapor.

@Mr Mellish you are very correct the prices are not even close to the same vape feind prices are 300 but many got theirs for 150 or less right?

In general im not trusting many of these online video reveiws from someone who prolly got a free unit to say good things and not even one negative comment. I want a review not hype!!!

Last edited:

Tdtour

I heard that if you have a conduction vape (pax2) you should fine grind and convection vape (hopper) and such you should coarse grind. Dont have my hopper yet and do not have a ff2 but I may do the pepsi challenge myself one day.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
I heard that if you have a conduction vape (pax2) you should fine grind and convection vape (hopper) and such you should coarse grind. Dont have my hopper yet and do not have a ff2 but I may do the pepsi challenge myself one day.
They just sent the monthly email and posted a video of the new machinery they have. I hope I get my hopper in May.

Top Bottom