Discontinued The Grasshopper

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
We can agree to disagree. All I know is I have been thoroughly enjoying my Elevape for over a year. I don't for see a grasshopper in my life until next year, that is if they are still around.
just my :2c:

***EDIT IN***
The Elevape has a lifetime warranty and is built in the USA. Hard to beat that.

I'm with you @Vape Dr. If this unit is still around next year possibly in the spring or summer I will look into buying one. I have plenty of others to keep me satisfied for the time being. I can't see spending money for one and having to wait maybe 6 months to get it.

I think very highly of your opinion.

If the price goes too much past $200 I will have to think really hard about it.

I will have to think of another vaporizer to buy myself on Black Friday it looks like.

EDIT
If these were ready to order and get right away GHL would make a lot of money this Black Friday. All the vaporizer companies have sales and folks are in the mood to buy.

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

I own a crafty, pax 2 and an alfa. Love them all. Wanted to get the grasshopper but will hold off.
I've been curious about the alpha but have the other two. Although I haven't had any problems with my Crafty yet, I read the Crafty and Mighty threads and it seems that both continue to have "new product release" problems. And that's from an established Vape company. The threads also show inconsistent customer service experiences too, not all good.

I get it that you want to wait and see with the gh, but I think your statement about price increases is a little off. There has been different pricing promotions as part of this kickstarter, and ghl has always said there will be an increase around the time of retail release. I think that's what just happened. Most here are early backers or preorders which reflect a discount on this price.

I'm sure you know this is a start up company by some very creative and able (at least from an engineering perspective) people. And I think they're fast tracking their business experience by launching this innovative Vape. Bumps in the road and all. I give them all the credit in the world and am happy to wait in line for my gh. Especially for the price (I think the new pricing is still a bargain).

You have some great vapes, so enjoy your wait and keep reading here to give yourself comfort that the new Vape issues have been resolved. Then come on board!

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Another one bites the dust:

Hello Guys, my name is Franz and I´m from Germany. I received my Hopper yesterday and I was very exited. The first 12 hours it worked great and I loved it!

But now I have a huge problem. The Grasshopper won't heat up any more. The blue and red LEDs are flashing constantly when I turn the Hopper on. Even when I connect the charger red and blue LED's are flickering fast. The charger was connected the whole night and same problem in the morning. Anyone has the same experiences? I´m one of the very first backers and so dissapointed now. Please help...

https://www.reddit.com/r/GrassHopperVape/comments/3jldwn/new_grasshopper_doesnt_work/

I believe some others have experienced this problem. Contact Trevor about it. Not sure how shipping/customs would work with returns and replacements on international orders. That could get costly on both sides. Best of luck.

Edit: here's one from a few pages back:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-grasshopper.18482/page-134#post-846329

Last edited:

Belgianvapor

I just did a test to see what I can get out of a battery.
I did 15 sec cycles (so click on, heating, draw, click off is 15 sec this means 12 second draws,
drawing pretty hard)
I got a total of 20 draws this way, meaning 5 minute total battery life.
3 on 3, 6 on 3.5, 2 on 4, 5 on 4.5 and 4 on 5. I let the hopper cool down
multiple times, this whole session took a bit over an hour.
While this might sound like a very short battery life (and it is) for my normal
use I can get trough a whole day on one battery.

btka

I did 15 sec cycles (so click on, heating, draw, click off is 15 sec this means 12 second draws,
drawing pretty hard)
how much herb did you use... and did you fill the gh once or more often and if how much.? to get the 20 draws you mentioned...

btka,

Gregori

CannaBoss
Can someone with a GH tell me if it charges with a power bank ? Is there a better power bank than others? Which one should I buy (while waiting for my GH)?

Gregori,

AgentXero

drawing pretty hard)

For my personal use that's a lot. One full charge of a battery could last me 2+ days. Even splitting with one or two others would be good for a whole day. Thanks for the scientific findings! :wave:

AgentXero,
Reactions: slcbdco

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
I did chuckle at the part about how their on-site assembly allows for an excellent standard of quality?

Nice to see the battery life claims are more realistic now: 3-4 chambers.

And the bowl chamber size in more US-friendly terms : 1/4 teaspoon packed.

Tdtour

I've been curious about the alpha but have the other two. Although I haven't had any problems with my Crafty yet, I read the Crafty and Mighty threads and it seems that both continue to have "new product release" problems. And that's from an established Vape company. The threads also show inconsistent customer service experiences too, not all good.

I get it that you want to wait and see with the gh, but I think your statement about price increases is a little off. There has been different pricing promotions as part of this kickstarter, and ghl has always said there will be an increase around the time of retail release. I think that's what just happened. Most here are early backers or preorders which reflect a discount on this price.

I'm sure you know this is a start up company by some very creative and able (at least from an engineering perspective) people. And I think they're fast tracking their business experience by launching this innovative Vape. Bumps in the road and all. I give them all the credit in the world and am happy to wait in line for my gh. Especially for the price (I think the new pricing is still a bargain).

You have some great vapes, so enjoy your wait and keep reading here to give yourself comfort that the new Vape issues have been resolved. Then come on board!

Ok perhaps I was a bit too harsh and quick to judge. Perhaps its just me missing out at the kickstarter price for the GH. Its almost double. Dont get me wrong I like the design of the GH. Almost hidden in plain sight.

As far as the alfa, love the start up time 30 secs and its ready. Down side is the loading process. With the pin in the middle of the chamber, I need to spoon in my product and then tap it in with a small poker tool. It is small enough to carry out. I go out with my pax 2 and alfa. My crafty I use at home. The crafty is the larger of the three and I personally dont like to carry it in my pocket as the other two.

Tdtour,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

Grepper

Truth to prevail
I wish I got 3-4 bowls out of one battery. I have literally had in my possession 3 bodies, 3 back ends, and 3 batteries. At no point have I been able to get more than one bowl with any combination of the three. That includes my new back end. This experience has been an absolute nightmare. On the bright side I am no longer getting burned from the clip....

herbalist33

It seems like they substituted the silicone tip for the leather sleeve, as a stock accessory going forward.

It would seem that you're right, however I seriously hope they ship the Preorder Ti with the leather sleeve, considering that's how they were selling them when they took our money. After getting pushed back almost 6months from my original shipping, I'd be pretty pissed if they decided to not ship an accessory that I believed I was paying for... Even if they are including a silicone tip to stop us burning our lips...

herbalist33,

Krazzykid

It would seem that you're right, however I seriously hope they ship the Preorder Ti with the leather sleeve, considering that's how they were selling them when they took our money. After getting pushed back almost 6months from my original shipping, I'd be pretty pissed if they decided to not ship an accessory that I believed I was paying for... Even if they are including a silicone tip to stop us burning our lips...
That's one of the changes made to the FAQ on the Grasshopper website. They explain your concerns plain as day right there.

They even go as far as to give the exact cutoff date. It's all there waiting to be read.

Last edited:

herbalist33

Aha, my bad! Where's the delete button lol! I'm off to read the faq (can't believe I'm still doing this tbh, I can't wait till I get my hopper and get my life back!!).

Thanks @Krazzykid !

herbalist33,

PAZ

Ok perhaps I was a bit too harsh and quick to judge. Perhaps its just me missing out at the kickstarter price for the GH. Its almost double. Dont get me wrong I like the design of the GH. Almost hidden in plain sight.

As far as the alfa, love the start up time 30 secs and its ready. Down side is the loading process. With the pin in the middle of the chamber, I need to spoon in my product and then tap it in with a small poker tool. It is small enough to carry out. I go out with my pax 2 and alfa. My crafty I use at home. The crafty is the larger of the three and I personally dont like to carry it in my pocket as the other two.

I find it a bit odd to fault a company for setting a low price point. Once the GH team works out all the kinks and it becomes a stable vape, it's easily worth the same price as the alfa and PAX2. I've tried the PAX2, it has nothing on the grasshopper besides a larger oven.

With your portable collection, I can understand why you wouldn't need the GH since you already have 3 of the best portables on the market, but the GH is in it's own category IMO.

StonedPerk

Light up the world
Anybody that has an actual working grasshopper let me know if you have to use grasshoppers 750 mah 18650 battery only or can I get a higher mah in the thousands but the same 18650 battery but by a different brand? Cause I was thinking that 3 to 4 bowls could be extended to maybe like 10 bowls with a battery mah higher than 750

StonedPerk,

Krazzykid

Anybody that has an actual working grasshopper let me know if you have to use grasshoppers 750 mah 18650 battery only or can I get a higher mah in the thousands but the same 18650 battery but by a different brand? Cause I was thinking that 3 to 4 bowls could be extended to maybe like 10 bowls with a battery mah higher than 750
It's not an 18650. It's a custom size that you will only be able to acquire direct from Hopper Labs.

There are no other suitable batteries in this form factor because this is the only one, sorry.

Top Bottom