• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Grasshopper

Just Justin

Hang in there everyone! The GH is a great vape and its a brand new vape from a brand new company so they're bound to have problems but I agree that they could do a better job, testing or with QC perhaps....

I know and I'm sure the people at GHL know, that their product is amazing and its worth sticking it out, really solving these issues and figuring things out in order to create a really, bullet proof vaporizer that will be around for a long time like the Volcano. Many of the GH's that are out, in the wild, including the ones I have tested, have all worked perfectly, so I think when the GH is assembled properly and carefully, with the right parts etc., they will be a solid vape that will last and last and IMO, the GH feels like the most reliable vaporizer I have ever had, along with the tried and true Volcano and the Elevape SV simply because they are well built, with quality materials and they are well designed. I know GHL won't give up on the GH because its amazing and once they work out the kinks, this vaporizer will be untouchable!

Wzfbaby7

Lol pretty much everyone here knows and have been constantly reminded that its worth the wait. But the thing is, they're just tired of waiting and being teased by everyone enjoying their Grasshoppers. The vaporizer market advances at, imo, a slow pace because of weed being illegal in most places so Hopper Labs is still at an advantage when they finally release because much of the competition is rehashed Chinese garbage.

juke52

There is no one minute timer. There is an 18 second timer from the moment it stops sensing that you're pulling from it, so perhaps you were staying ahead of that time for about a minute and then you started to slow down or didn't pull hard enough and it timed out?

Are you sure this is correct? It's not mentioned in any of the GH literature as far as I can tell, and mine doesn't work that way. I.e., it doesn't seem to "sense" anything - it just turns off after around 20 seconds, whether I'm taking a pull or not.

juke52,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Hang in there everyone! The GH is a great vape and its a brand new vape from a brand new company so they're bound to have problems but I agree that they could do a better job, testing or with QC perhaps....

I know and I'm sure the people at GHL know, that their product is amazing and its worth sticking it out, really solving these issues and figuring things out in order to create a really, bullet proof vaporizer that will be around for a long time like the Volcano. Many of the GH's that are out, in the wild, including the ones I have tested, have all worked perfectly, so I think when the GH is assembled properly and carefully, with the right parts etc., they will be a solid vape that will last and last and IMO, the GH feels like the most reliable vaporizer I have ever had, along with the tried and true Volcano and the Elevape SV simply because they are well built, with quality materials and they are well designed. I know GHL won't give up on the GH because its amazing and once they work out the kinks, this vaporizer will be untouchable!
It seems like all the grasshoppers that were given to folks to try and advertise on FC have worked flawlessly and have been perfect. It seems like the ones that folks are buying many are faulty, well on FC.

It is frustrating for people to see some FCers with working GHs and the few that you received have been broken. @Just Justin thats great that you are happy and satisfied. So we know that it is awesome if you get one that works properly. Common quality control.

I haven't ordered one yet just waiting to see how it works out. I think someone hit it on the head, for those that are waiting for theirs it's like teasing hearing about all the ones that are working. I like hearing about all the working ones. We know there is hope.

I have other vapes that are keeping me satisfied in the meantime. All of you waiting to buy and get one a week later, it will be a long wait I've realized. There are other vaporizers that are portable and are small - not quite as small as the GH for flowers. Check out some other portables if you are vapeless. No sense in charring your lungs with combustion.

Last edited:

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
Back ends getting hot, back ends that won't unscrew, back ends that pop apart, back ends that won't temp adjust or turn on...

I think the backends are pressed together and if anything is off, well...that's what the new machines are for Imo. It may be harder getting them dialed in than hoped.. All speculation of course.

PlasticTastic

I'm glad I didn't pre-order now. It looks like the vape has reached all expectations, but only the working ones, which have arrived, of which seem to be a low amount. I'm sure that in a few months time, when the company has ironed out the starting up issues, that this will be one of the most highly-respected portables out there, and I'm looking forward to when they're available and reliable.

PAZ

There is no one minute timer. There is an 18 second timer from the moment it stops sensing that you're pulling from it, so perhaps you were staying ahead of that time for about a minute and then you started to slow down or didn't pull hard enough and it timed out?

This could be an explanation, I never timed anything. It just seemed after a minute it turned off, but the 18 second timer would make sense.

PAZ,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Just wanted to pop in and say that it's been nearly a month I believe and my hopper is going strong. Not schilling for the company nor was my unit free. Just seems I got a good one. No less then 6 loads a day everyday and it's been the only vape I've used since I got it. I'm beyond impressed with my unit. SS #000569 for reference.

jojo0420

Cloud Chaser
Are you sure this is correct? It's not mentioned in any of the GH literature as far as I can tell, and mine doesn't work that way. I.e., it doesn't seem to "sense" anything - it just turns off after around 20 seconds, whether I'm taking a pull or not.

There IS some sort of timer, but it only kicks into action if you aren't taking a hit or aren't hitting it hard enough for it to sense the pull.
The blue lights flicker slightly when it senses your hit, more like a pulse. It gets faster the lower the battery gets.

juke52

Right, obviously there's a timer that shuts down the heater after around 20 seconds (I haven't actually timed it, but it seems like around 20.) The part I question is the presence of a sensor that knows when you're drawing on it. As I said, GH hasn't said anything about this AFAIK, and mine shuts down whether I'm drawing on it or not.

I have a feeling the flickering blue lights have more to do with the heater clicking on and off as you're hitting it and cooling off the heater - related to the faint clicking noise some users have reported.

juke52,

Just Justin

It seems like all the grasshoppers that were given to folks to try and advertise on FC have worked flawlessly and have been perfect. It seems like the ones that folks are buying many are faulty, well on FC.

It is frustrating for people to see some FCers with working GHs and the few that you received have been broken. @Just Justin thats great that you are happy and satisfied. So we know that it is awesome if you get one that works properly. Common quality control.

I haven't ordered one yet just waiting to see how it works out. I think someone hit it on the head, for those that are waiting for theirs it's like teasing hearing about all the ones that are working. I like hearing about all the working ones. We know there is hope.

I have other vapes that are keeping me satisfied in the meantime. All of you waiting to buy and get one a week later, it will be a long wait I've realized. There are other vaporizers that are portable and are small - not quite as small as the GH for flowers. Check out some other portables if you are vapeless. No sense in charring your lungs with combustion.

Is this some sort of conspiracy? If you buy a GH then it's going to be faulty but if you get GHL to give you one or you do some advertising for them, then your GH will be perfect?

Sorry your frustrated......I wasn't given a GH and I'm not advertising for them, I bought mine, earned it and I am just trying to share my experience, good or bad, which I thought was the point of FC. Should we only post about our GH if it's broken? I'll try to be more negative next time.

I'm not trying to tease anyone either and I guess it's not important to let others know that this vape works and that not everyone of them is malfunctioning. I know if I was still waiting, I would certainly like to hear more about how good the GH is and how many are working rather than post after post about them breaking or people canceling orders because they are frustrated.

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
GHL will be just fine and so will their vapes. Bickering and arguing between each other doesn't help no matter what 'side' you're on. It's not my cup of tea but it's good to see people have units that are working well. Carry on.....

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Is this some sort of conspiracy? If you buy a GH then it's going to be faulty but if you get GHL to give you one or you do some advertising for them, then your GH will be perfect?

Sorry your frustrated......I wasn't given a GH and I'm not advertising for them, I bought mine, earned it and I am just trying to share my experience, good or bad, which I thought was the point of FC. Should we only post about our GH if it's broken? I'll try to be more negative next time.

I'm not trying to tease anyone either and I guess it's not important to let others know that this vape works and that not everyone of them is malfunctioning. I know if I was still waiting, I would certainly like to hear more about how good the GH is and how many are working rather than post after post about them breaking or people canceling orders because they are frustrated.

I think you're being a little hard on @CarolKing to the point of missing her point. She's not frustrated, she's explaining how frustration might be appropriate for some. There's no conspiracy, but it is a little notable that none [Edit: OK, few] of the hoppers sent to reviewers had any problems. Nobody said everyone else has had problems. @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd said his is working fine and I trust him, but others are on 2nd and 3rd replacements. Maybe the reviewers got units with higher QC? Maybe it's just coincidence? Who knows?

When waiting, all I want to hear is how people's hoppers are performing. I don't want to hear good news or bad news, just the news, whichever way it leans for each customer. We are very discerning here. Almost all the posts I read seem genuine and I appreciate all the opinions.

I know if I was still waiting, I would certainly like to hear more about how good the GH is and how many are working rather than post after post about them breaking or people canceling orders because they are frustrated.

Are you actually saying you wouldn't want to hear if people are having problems? Some people are concerned, some have given up, some are hopeful and some are happy. This is FC, we love vaping, but there's no assumption of loyalty. No vape gets a free pass, everybody gets a trial by fire. And if it were any different, I think FC opinions would be less valuable.

Honestly, @Just Justin it sounds like there's something personal in this for you? Nobody said you didn't pay for your unit, or "earned it" (whatever that means). Nobody is saying you should think less of the hopper. But surely you have some sympathy for people that have been waiting a very long time, or received units that haven't held up? Does it really matter to you if people think the GH is a good vape or not? Why would that matter to you personally? For example, I could care less if everyone started hating the Nano. I still love mine. I could care less if everyone loved the MFLB. I still don't like mine.

People are having the experiences with the company that they are having. I don't see why anybody would jump to conclusions and say that people are being cheerleaders, or people are being overly critical. That's pretty extreme on both sides? Some people are optimists, some are pessimists. Both are necessary for a healthy community.

Last edited:

JiggyJack

...mine shuts down whether I'm drawing on it or not

There have been a few reports of needing to draw fairly hard for the sensor to register. If you draw too softly apparently the GH may think you are not drawing and go into auto shut-down after 18 seconds. The occasional strong inhalation every 15 seconds or so should keep you up and running. But I have no direct experience as my ship date has slipped with the rest :doh:

JiggyJack,
Reactions: jojo0420

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@Just Justin I read my post again to see if I said anything offensive and I honestly don't think I have. I said that I liked hearing about the ones that were working because then I know there is hope. I've stated that I fully expected this vaporizer to have some faulty units because that is to be expected with a brand new vaporizer and a new company. I even compared the problems that Arizer and the DaVinci have had.

I'm sorry if you took offense to what I said, I have no idea if you bought yours or you had a beta unit to try out. I'm not frustrated because I haven't ordered one yet. I would be very frustrated if I had. I'm sympathizing with those folks that have gotten a few faulty units.

I think that's great that they are sending the unit out in small batches. It's better to make sure that these units work rather than to be in a big hurry.

Time will tell how good this vaporizer is, I hope it turns out to be the best portable ever. Why wouldn't I not? If it turns out to be great then it's a win, win for everybody.

Edit
I don't do Facebook because some of the folks get too mean, I don't need that kind of anxiety in my life.

Last edited:
Top Bottom