Discontinued The Grasshopper

Mr. Me2

Actually I took out my hoppers 1 SS and one TI and cleaned them with an iso swab and they seem to be working flawlessly I can even believe it but I have been putting many bowls through them I am back to being a fanboy. Only problem I have is there is less threading on my TI I THI K AND THE mouthpiece wont tighten up anymore but the sparebSS mouthpiece I have fits perfectly
For the mouthpiece that won’t tighten, did you check to make sure your screen is screwed in tight? Pointy tweezers work great to tighten it.

jabba

For the mouthpiece that won’t tighten, did you check to make sure your screen is screwed in tight? Pointy tweezers work great to tighten it.

I remember once upon a time years ago buying the pointy tweezers to spin the screen out of the front end (for cleaning). I can no longer seem to get that sucker to turn....am I forgetting something? It could be gunked up and stuck in place I s'pose. Perhaps a longer soak in alcohol prior to a reattempt might loosen the screen? Your knowledge appreciated.

jabba,

Mr. Me2

I remember once upon a time years ago buying the pointy tweezers to spin the screen out of the front end (for cleaning). I can no longer seem to get that sucker to turn....am I forgetting something? It could be gunked up and stuck in place I s'pose. Perhaps a longer soak in alcohol prior to a reattempt might loosen the screen? Your knowledge appreciated.
That could be. When I iso soak, I drop the piece in a baggie with some iso and put that in a cup of VERY hot water. I find the hot water really helps.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
That could be. When I iso soak, I drop the piece in a baggie with some iso and put that in a cup of VERY hot water. I find the hot water really helps.
Long ISO soak too. When using fine point tweezers, hold the frontend pointed up and insert tweezers from the bottom and turn counterclockwise. Likely very gunked up. Let it soak longer in ISO with hot water per above...:peace:

BlueHueCO

Might want to substitute water with distilled water if you can :). Minerals in water can cause buildup over time and may complicate or hinder cleaning even further. YMMV though, I'm also meaning if the water actually comes in contact with your hopper. I find DI rinses after iso really breaks of crust from my Ti nails.

BlueHueCO,

Mr. Me2

Might want to substitute water with distilled water if you can :). Minerals in water can cause buildup over time and may complicate or hinder cleaning even further. YMMV though, I'm also meaning if the water actually comes in contact with your hopper. I find DI rinses after iso really breaks of crust from my Ti nails.
Not necessary. The mouthpiece is in a baggie (with iso) dropped in hot water so no water contact.

Vitolo

Vaporist
A friend who I feel like a brother to, sent me a front piece, as quick as you please!
He's member here who actually came to visit me here in Tucson about a year and a half ago.
Today I tried the Grasshopper for the first time. Wow!
I often film (hey wait a minute....it is not "film".. do I just say I videoed myself?)
anyway I sit in front of a computer and I take a test hit.
Up ahead a few words, you will see my first hit on the Grasshopper.
Those who know me know I have Titles and usually music in my videos.
This is a Vaporist TV blooper, sort of.
I did not edit it or add music, so you could hear my totally toasted mumblings as I went to shut the video on the computer.
P.S. Look at my dull witted eyes at the very end!!
7zlDmoC.gif

Last edited:

Macicman

My hopper DopeGun(TM) is still working great after it was delivered 1/2019. Only a foolish company would deny this fanboy his hopper IO. I ordered an extra battery so I am on the naughty list.

A friend who I feel like a brother to, sent me a front piece, as quick as you please!
He's member here who actually came to visit me here in Tucson about a year and a half ago.
I often film (hey wait a minute....it is not "film".. do I just say I videoed myself?)
I did not edit it or add music, so you could hear my totally toasted mumblings as I went to shut the video on the computer.
7zlDmoC.gif

You just got shot in the face by the DopeGun(TM).

Last edited by a moderator:

Vitolo

Vaporist
In That Video, I had just opened the box, and did a first hit. The unit arrived charged... and I did not know about pushing the clicker off, while still inhaling.
I vaped first and learned the details later.
I have now used the Grasshopper 2 dozen times... and I feel blessed to be trying this vape, before placing it into the home of a patient!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Who will be the brave soul to create a new thread for the grasshopper here
https://newfuckcombustion.com/index.php?forums/upcoming-unreleased-portables.33/
So mods can move it to the main section and close this one... (Should probably be one thread for all Grasshopper? I mean the IO is so similar, right? Better to consolidate I think, just need to link to this thread and the IO thread in first post in new thread in newFC... May even be worth linking to that old original thread too? lol I'd say we should wait to see if grasshopper will do it themselves, since they became active here, but I feel like it's been awhile, right? They stopped posting here, maybe with all the warranty troubles? anyway I'm not active enough in this thread, otherwise I would do it myself!

Edit: so it begins again, thanks Vito!
https://newfuckcombustion.com/index.php?threads/the-grasshopper-original.243/

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am continuing the thread for the first Grasshopper started by a member in 2015.
The thread is very prolific at 1015 pages, and the best I can do is post the link: The Grasshopper
so without further procrastination, here we go!
The Grasshopper is a true convection vape!
See: The Grasshopper Is A True-Convection Vaporizer Packed Into A Pen

7zlDmoC.gif

I later learned the way to turn unit off while still inhaling my hit.

Last edited:

DryBonesufo

I have the firefly 2 +.. I have been looking at the grasshopper for sometime. Is this really true convection? So if I have the unit on, no vapor will escape, correct?. A full chamber would last how many hits, given that you are hitting once and then placing it down for a later hit.

DryBonesufo,

Graybeerd

Just lost my beloved original SS grasshopper. It fell out of my bike bag somewhere in Alabama on Chief Ladaga trail, so let me know if you found it lol. Only got a few months use after waiting 12 full months for them to upgrade it with the new heater. Would order another if I had more confidence...wait and see for now. Going thru the learning curve on a Dynavap.

Top Bottom