The Grasshopper Shipping Poll

When do you think the first Grasshoppers (in BOXES!) will ship?

• Total voters

fft

My orders say July 2015 too and I was toward the end of the IGG backers (12/12/13). Any IGG backers with anything different than July?

fft,

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Same here, had emailed them and they said I would get it late June and now August? I am really pissed.

Vapetrees,

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
...it does say "estimated" shipping date...so...if they manage to spool up production to what they say might happen during July, it might be possible that everyone gets their GH's in July.

With all the delays, I don't think they wanted to be too optimistic on production. If they get them out earlier than the estimated date, everyone will be happy. If not...well...we've been given our ETA's.

hippogriff

Dec 3 2013 backer, now July estimated, can't pretend updates or estimates have any meaning, at least I'll know here when people start getting notices. I wonder how many pages the actual shipping thread will reach before the 3rd Hopper is delivered?

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
Estimated ship date: July 2015 for me(40ish early bird model...)

So much for "everything is in place and Hoppers are rolling off of the assembly line." because to me that sounds like quicker then Estimated ship date: July 2015.....

inuhuion

Anybody have a June 2015 estimated ship date now? If so, when did you order?
It occurs to me that this could be another "placeholder" date, like when backers recently went from no date whatsoever to Feb 2014 (despite that being over a year ago).
I'm going to try to reserve my outrage, there'll be plenty of time for it later.

inuhuion,

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
Funny part is I ordered one at Nov. 14, 2013, 4 p.m. and one at May 21, 2014, 8:40 p.m. and both are July...not sure how accurate the dates/times are on the order page but the first one was ordered within the first couple mins of it going up...

58b60830d26ef5b1f63fd4edb732fe5c220cba41465f207836d5bf861c5ece40.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hahaha yeah thank mod they (Pak) made this thread and nudged us toward it, gonna get pretty big over the next few months...
Early January pre order, original April estimate, I kinda don't wanna check now?

lol caved and glad I did, interestingly I've got a July estimate for my ss Hopper, and an August for my two color Ti Hoppers (added to order in April). At least I'll have something sooner

But yeah pretty nuts with the totally misleading update. I gotta think its related to the two warranty cases we saw here, they want to do extra testing/burn offs what have you on each one before shipment? And they wanna ship as many at once as possible now for some reason? I presume many have already emailed Trevor about this nonsense...

Matty

My ship date just changed to August today fyi. :/ glad I picked up a Pax2 to keep me company... The wait/excitement is almost unbearable!

Btw, I noticed they listed a titanium version of the stainless steel case on the indiegogo page. Is that still a thing?

Last edited:
My ship date just changed to August today fyi. :/ glad I picked up a Pax2 to keep me company... The wait/excitement is almost unbearable!

Same bruh :\ such a let down, all this time I've been waiting for it to ship and be here, at least before the end of the Summer, but this is now edging on early fall.

I'm going to be even more crestfallen if it's not here in the first dates of August.

fft

With all the delays, I don't think they wanted to be too optimistic on production. If they get them out earlier than the estimated date, everyone will be happy. If not...well...we've been given our ETA's.
I've had this same optimistic / "want to believe" perspective for quite a while now...like maybe they're just being extra conservative and they'll surprise us by delivering sooner. After this last update, though, I'm starting to wonder if they are deliberately feeding us optimism in order to keep more pre-orders coming in to fund their delays. You know...for all the people just tuning in who are super glad that units are now rolling off the assembly line. Don't get me wrong, I think these guys are trying as hard as they can to get these out, but they might be in a tight spot financially where it wouldn't be prudent to be anything but optimistic. Once they start shipping good units to backers, they will have better access to capital should they need it.

Just a long winded way of saying that even July might not be a sure thing.

J.D.420

420th Dragoons
My ship date is July as well. Early bird backer within first two hours of campaign launch. Why must you toy with my heart like this grasshopper labs?!?!:cry:

zymos

July for me too- I'm a backer but ordered on the last day.
I'm betting no one is going to have an estimated ship date in June....

Oh and my extra battery is estimated for August- that's kind of dumb- are the batteries in short supply? It's not like they need to do any assembly for them or anything, just throw em in a box and ship.

ernestryles

I'm an early bird backer, and my ship date just changed to July. A little disappointed by that as I thought I'd get it by the end of June, but I'm still stoked to be getting my grasshopper soon enough after such a long wait.

ernestryles,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
hate to remind people, but these are ESTIMATED dates. And this is the GH, after all....

True, there's never a missed deadline with estimates. ;)

Is any of the current delay from the o-gassing (potential) issue?

syrupy,

midgetsanchez

True, there's never a missed deadline with estimates. ;)

Is any of the current delay from the o-gassing (potential) issue?

As someone who has a new unit, I can tell you the "o-gassing" is not something to be worried about. Really- it takes just a few cycles to clear and then stops, and it doesn't smell like anything dangerous. They told me it was finger oils on the heating element from assembly which I believe. I taste nothing but pure herb when I use it.

If it was a wire melting or something worse, the "gassing" would probably be continuous.

I think the delay is just from making sure parts are within tolerance as they scale up - I also remember reading that their sintered-heating element manufacturer was a bottleneck at some point.

Top Bottom