• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Grasshopper Shipping Poll

When do you think the first Grasshoppers (in BOXES!) will ship?

• Total voters

Edwardo

Given that finances for me are pretty tight (young student here), should I wait patiently for the GH or cancel my order and go with something else (I was thinking perhaps a Crafty + solar charger à la @BuzzDanklin)?
Hold out and get a GH. I have recently gotten a crafty. Its great, no doubt, but my honeymoon period is over and now i'm just longing for some of the convenience the GH can offer which my crafty cannot (mainly instant heat on demand making it easy to sneak a hit or 2 then pocket it again, and the ability to swap batteries, so its good all day out and about - I'm quite nomadic during the day). Yesterday I filled my crafty, went out and turned on the unit. I then bumped into an acquaintance on the street and we chatted for a few minutes. By the time we were done my load was half cooked - very annoying. I also think pure convection gets you 'higher'. My minivap gets me higher than my crafty when consuming the same amount, yet the abv is way darker out of the crafty!!? Hold out for a grasshopper, then use the extra saved cash for some treats (a few extra batteries, a case, a glass bubbler)

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Here's the most recent update, posted here because this is where we discuss this kind of thing. This one is from Matt.

Hello Everyone,

This is the update you’ve all been waiting for.

Grasshopper shipping has begun, and will continue at an increasing rate.

After 19 exhausting months, everything is in place and Hoppers are rolling off of the assembly line.

The last piece of the puzzle.

We are working around the clock to increase production volume and streamline the assembly process. We’re on-target to be producing thousands of units per week by the end of July.

Check back on July 1st for the latest production news.

The Grasshopper Team
Matthew Most

syrupy,
Reactions: fft

fft

This was the first update we've seen from Matt in a long time, maybe ever. It read like they we're scrambling around and Trevor said "oh fuck, the update" and Matt said "stand back and watch me crank something out."

I was disappointed in the lack of specificity. "We’re on target to be producing thousands of units per week by the end of July." That could mean they ship very little until then or it could mean that IGG backers will have units by then. I thought there was a recent email from Trevor where he was saying that most backers would get theirs by end of June and pre-orders would start shipping in July. I agree they should be able to be very specific about when they will ship out the early bird and holiday units since there are only 250 or so of those. From the photos you get the sense that they nearly have that many in stock.

Normally I wouldn't push them that hard but we are getting into the summer season where small pocket vapes are key and there's a big difference for me between "end of June" and "end of July". If July ends up pushing into August I might just want to order a Pax2 to get me through... but I'm reluctant to pull the trigger because it always seems like GH delivery is just weeks away.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
I got buttered up by Matt's statement that that was the update I was waiting for. He's got that jedi vagueness mind trick working. I have no idea if the land of milk and honey is over the next hill or if it's another mirage.

poonman

We should see/hear/read about it on any of the Social media
platforms in the next few days . Especially from US owners ,
heck they were able to get a replacement one to @midgetsanchez on a
weekend !

Otherwise ... play some Tom Petty ... again .

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
less than a minute ago

Hello Everyone,

This is the update you’ve all been waiting for.

Grasshopper shipping has begun, and will continue at an increasing rate.

After 19 exhausting months, everything is in place and Hoppers are rolling off of the assembly line.

The last piece of the puzzle.

We are working around the clock to increase production volume and streamline the assembly process. We’re on-target to be producing thousands of units per week by the end of July.

Check back on July 1st for the latest production news.

The Grasshopper Team
Matthew Most

Nice, wonder how many will ship this month....

HillaryClinton,

Androidonios

Matt has made a few comments on IGG page. I've been trolling forever

gc1t9cw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 23961

I don't understand at all. 'Yea we're shipping. Look here's a picture of 16 grasshoppers in their shipping boxes!' . Why has nobody been receiving shipping notifications? They got the chargers in, what are we waiting for?

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
I don't understand at all. 'Yea we're shipping. Look here's a picture of 16 grasshoppers in their shipping boxes!' . Why has nobody been receiving shipping notifications? They got the chargers in, what are we waiting for?

Yeah I got an early bird one, probably around the 40th order and no confirmation, wondering how many really, it could be just those 15+ in those boxes, wish the shipping update was more detailed.

tr33sPlease

This was the first update we've seen from Matt in a long time, maybe ever. It read like they we're scrambling around and Trevor said "oh fuck, the update" and Matt said "stand back and watch me crank something out."

I was disappointed in the lack of specificity. "We’re on target to be producing thousands of units per week by the end of July." That could mean they ship very little until then or it could mean that IGG backers will have units by then. I thought there was a recent email from Trevor where he was saying that most backers would get theirs by end of June and pre-orders would start shipping in July. I agree they should be able to be very specific about when they will ship out the early bird and holiday units since there are only 250 or so of those. From the photos you get the sense that they nearly have that many in stock.

Normally I wouldn't push them that hard but we are getting into the summer season where small pocket vapes are key and there's a big difference for me between "end of June" and "end of July". If July ends up pushing into August I might just want to order a Pax2 to get me through... but I'm reluctant to pull the trigger because it always seems like GH delivery is just weeks away.

Yea, the few updates from Matt have been shorter and more vague than Trevor's updates. Hopefully the next update is a Trevor update with more details!

Hold out and get a GH. I have recently gotten a crafty. Its great, no doubt, but my honeymoon period is over and now i'm just longing for some of the convenience the GH can offer which my crafty cannot (mainly instant heat on demand making it easy to sneak a hit or 2 then pocket it again, and the ability to swap batteries, so its good all day out and about - I'm quite nomadic during the day). Yesterday I filled my crafty, went out and turned on the unit. I then bumped into an acquaintance on the street and we chatted for a few minutes. By the time we were done my load was half cooked - very annoying. I also think pure convection gets you 'higher'. My minivap gets me higher than my crafty when consuming the same amount, yet the abv is way darker out of the crafty!!? Hold out for a grasshopper, then use the extra saved cash for some treats (a few extra batteries, a case, a glass bubbler)
Thank you for your thoughtful, unassuming response.

terminally_chill,

hippogriff

Yeah I got an early bird one, probably around the 40th order and no confirmation, wondering how many really, it could be just those 15+ in those boxes, wish the shipping update was more detailed.
Yup, last update there was a pic of 11 assembled hoppers in a bin, this is all crazy nitpicking, but why not show 100s if you have 100s? My story: Their original timing was based on best best case w/ them & friends making the smaller number of hoppers by hand and by printer. Huge response, everything scales up, optimistic timeline no longer applies, but a buncha expectations have been born. They're optimistic about their new best best timeline, it's not that far off, so easiest way forward is to just say "Soon!", it's as true as it is relative. This spends some of their early credibility, and before they wade into manufacturing. So they're working hard and under pressure, timelines for manufacturing have a rolling nature to them, it's just always easiest to say "Soon!", maybe moreso from a behind-the-8-ball perspective. That's my story, anyway, and leads me to judge they're young on this and just don't have the capacity yet to see the feedback and respond.

It is harder to feel satisfied by updates when the only metrics we have are 2/month updates and shipping estimates to gage what "soon" or even "begun" mean, while the company definition is likely "we really don't know we've got a few unknowns but on paper this was supposed to be the end of what we'd figured out so far..." I'm happy to wait, I'm excited to be a part of a maybe successful crowdfunding campaign, I just get triggered by all the shipping talk, wish it was shop talk while we witnessed this little company build something cool.

fft

You know I was just looking at the IGG site and didn't realize until now that the Holiday Backers were promised to get their GHs before everyone else...so "Early Bird" isn't first in line, they were just able to buy it cheaper. Which is why they made that offer specifically to Holiday Backers to get theirs without the cable. Apologies if this was obvious to everyone else.

I'm in neither camp but am hoping there will be love for those who dished out $250 for the "Everything Grasshopper." My worst nightmare is having my order further delayed because they don't have enough T-shirts and stickers to complete my order.

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
...what keeps me cool, calm and collected through all of this is knowing that they have had tons of boxes since last November...all the rest is just... blah...blah...blah...:rofl:

vapemon

You know I was just looking at the IGG site and didn't realize until now that the Holiday Backers were promised to get their GHs before everyone else...so "Early Bird" isn't first in line, they were just able to buy it cheaper. Which is why they made that offer specifically to Holiday Backers to get theirs without the cable. Apologies if this was obvious to everyone else.

I'm in neither camp but am hoping there will be love for those who dished out $250 for the "Everything Grasshopper." My worst nightmare is having my order further delayed because they don't have enough T-shirts and stickers to complete my order.
I was told by Trevor that shipping order is time based and not package or price points. He said once the holiday hoppers are moved out early birds will get theirs shipped out according to the time and date they were ordered. I sent my order within 5 mins if the campaign starting even tho im not a holiday backer im somewhere around 30-40 on the list and i still havent receieved any address confirmation or anything indicating mine will be shipped this week. SO they are definitely stalling again somehow for some reason.

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
I was thinking calm down, im sure not everyone here are ready to jump in and say theres is shipping for whatever reason, though I would think they would make it to some FC very early bird backers... but seeing as holiday backers were first its possible they only received enough chargers to really tackle the holiday and beginning of early adopters so who knows

vapebuddy13,

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
So the current bottleneck keeping GHs out of owner's hands is the manufacturing throughput of the new chargers? I wonder what it is daily or hourly even. They maybe shouldn't have mentioned the address confirmation email process as that tips their hand regarding actual progress and provides a measuring stick. They should release the new website at whatever state it currently is in, that would make people freak.

Mister G,

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
...thanks for your bravery and stealth ability, lwein. Your exclusive pic gave me a boxgasm!

On a side note...I hope they include a chocolate-covered grasshopper with all orders. It's the least they can do, making us put up with all this whining for month after month...:nod:

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
i don't understand the idea of 'Holiday backers' getting it before those who joined the fund raising campaign in the first couple days. Where does that come from?

Top Bottom