• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Grasshopper Shipping Poll

When do you think the first Grasshoppers (in BOXES!) will ship?

• Total voters

slick

i've oredered the Grasshopper today, you say i'll get it in 6 month from now?

Somehow i don't think so. I ordered early May and I got my address confirmation just recently. This past few weeks they really have been banging them out. Or maybe getting that email turned me into an optimist.

CroZure

I heard back from them today. It is nice for them to has a quick turn around on customer emails. Sounds like they are still behind some. Ordered 10/22/16.

"Hi There,

Your order is estimated to ship in December. It is still difficult for me to determine the exact date it will ship out. Please keep an eye out for an email asking you to confirm your shipping address as your order will ship a few days after you reply to that email.
I apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience.

Best,
Caroline"

CroZure,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

Mr. Me2

I heard back from them today. It is nice for them to has a quick turn around on customer emails. Sounds like they are still behind some. Ordered 10/22/16.

"Hi There,

Your order is estimated to ship in December. It is still difficult for me to determine the exact date it will ship out. Please keep an eye out for an email asking you to confirm your shipping address as your order will ship a few days after you reply to that email.
I apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience.

Best,
Caroline"
Great news! Be sure to keep an eye on your spam email folder too.

Mr. Me2,
Reactions: ykjr

Lou Taylor

So I took the plunge last Nov 11'th and ordered a stainless grasshopper to call my own. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the expected ship date was and still is December. crossing my fingers that will actually happen.

Lou Taylor,
Reactions: Hjalmark

FreakinA

Great news! Exactly one year after my order I got the shipping confirmation!! That means I'm only 2-3 months behind everyone else. And the guy who poster he just ordered in Dec 16 will get his today too!
Fucking idiots there.

FreakinA,
Reactions: BadDog No

vapviking

Old & In the Way
What the heck is going on??
We are seeing HL crawl toward finishing in-house pre-orders. The perception of glacial pace is only enhanced by the company's insistence on irrational exurberance.
We are watching HL fail to come even close to the veiled promise of Hopper's for Everybody! for Christmas. I'm aware there were no promises; just a very recent marketing push and carrot dangled re: order now and get a "December" estimated ship date.
At the same time, we are seeing more and more Hoppers roll off the line, with lots and lots more being retailed out under a different kind of program. Pre-ordering and Ordering are now only dependent on $. And time, since one is way faster than the other. There will never be a distinguishable product date of roll out, since that's already happened concurrent with the pre-order fulfillment stage. It's not cart before the horse -- the two have been in a footrace all year!

MoltenTiger

Recognize that avatar anywhere!
Quick shout out to the artist Trog who designed the Cali. Bear sticker on my EQ
CaliBear.jpeg

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I opened a warranty case for SS Hopper and was advised to send it in complete with charger and battery.
I did that on Dec. 14th and same day sent Hopper off to Boulder via first class mail, which almost always has bee a 3 to 4 day trip, sometimes even faster. This package took the slow boat and arrived on the 22nd, then HL checked it in to service dept. on 23rd, just before the Christmas party, I guess.
Of course no word since then; I hope they're all having a great holiday break!

In the meantime, our Ti is filling in just fine, and Mighty is rising to the occasion, as always. Wife and I do enjoy vaping together with each having a Hopper, but with only one on hand, we turn to Mighty for nice sessions. Okay, maybe a taste or two from Hopper (it's so easy) while Mighty heats up!

vapviking,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

The similarity is uncanny @vapviking. My SS is down for the count (temp sensor/body), so my wife and I share the Ti GH, however she prefers the Mighty (easier on her lungs) but waiting out the holiday mail slow down as her new Mighty Medic is in the mail! Also have another SS and Ti GH coming from Toronto Hemp Co!

For those of you all waiting for your Hoppers...... it's my favourite vape of all time now..... the wait is definitely worth it!

Verax

I ordered a Grasshopper from the main site back in July, and have not yet received my GH. I see people ordering recently, and getting them ASAP. Do the pre-orders get fulfilled after new retail site sales?

Should I cancel my pre-order through the GH site, and order from a re-seller? Any suggestions on a good one?

Verax,

Mr. Me2

I ordered a Grasshopper from the main site back in July, and have not yet received my GH. I see people ordering recently, and getting them ASAP. Do the pre-orders get fulfilled after new retail site sales?

Should I cancel my pre-order through the GH site, and order from a re-seller? Any suggestions on a good one?
If you want it sooner (now) rather than later and don't mind paying a slight premium, you can buy it now from an authorized retailer. I'm not sure if they're much past March or April preorders.

I wish I remembered which retailers have it in stock now. Others here or on the gh thread likely know.

Either way, it's worth the wait!

Purple Lava Lamp

I was in a similar situation as you a couple months ago. I decided to not cancel my pre-order, but because I was so tired of waiting, I ordered a second GH from Vape Fiend in London, which arrived within 9 days. The original GH I ordered finally arrived just a couple weeks ago. So now I have two, and I'm glad I do, because it's nice to have a backup.

If I were you, I wouldn't cancel your original pre-order, for a couple reasons:

1.) It seems they are now shipping orders placed in June, so your July order shouldn't be too much further behind...

2.) If you order from a 3rd party retailer, you will likely get a GH that was built a long time ago, before they switched to the new version of the USB charger and battery. Their older USB chargers tend to fail (mine did after only 3 days)

That said, I know how frustrating it is to keep waiting... I waited for nearly 10 months and it sucked

kato1234

The batteries say Made in China on them.
There is no other known product in the world that these batteries fit in. Are you assuming that the manufacturer will break a contract and go sell them on the side? Conversely, why would anyone else be making these to sell (other than for HL)? The market is tiny, just Hopper users.

HL has always laid it out as assembled in USA and they've made no secret that the majority of parts are outsourced, yes mostly from the country you name six times in five sentences. I believe some of the parts may be made in US (the 3d-printer heater element?). They have their own machine that assembles printed circuit boards.

I think it is precisely because the batteries are proprietary and in roll out of new battery version that we now see this delay. I'm betting Hoppers are lying dormant like Cicadas waiting to burst forth in a loud flurry when given the power.

But is Santa gonna be carrying a sleigh full of Hoppers to all the good boys and girls this year? Especially the ones who have waited so long? Please, Santa? We'll know soon enough.

IMHO The batteries are not "made" for the Grasshopper they are a standard thou not common size of lithium ion battery that they have a custom wrap put on. Based on size and capacity I think a 12650. No company the size of Hopper could have a custom battery made. The cost would be insane. As for no know product using it I can't name one but a lot of chargers list 12650 as a compatible size. I know they say it is a custom battery but I don't believe it. They will have say in the quality level they get but that is all.

Ripstar

I ordered July and nothing yet. I am cancelling today, this is pure insanity. so many other vapes I could have right now.

Ripstar,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I ordered July and nothing yet. I am cancelling today, this is pure insanity. so many other vapes I could have right now.
If you don't have the time, $ or patience, then this one's not for you. This story is now years old! But,

It does seem like your order is only a "few weeks" out and you may be pleased with your smart self if you wait for it. Yesterday's Update said price is going up. One of the concepts behind the whole pre-order process is that earlier adopters are rewarded for patience with lower entry cost. Granted, HL has more than amply pushed the envelope on the 'patience' part.
From my own example; I paid $135 ea. for some SS hoppers and $180 for a Ti, plus they threw in a leather sleeve and a free battery. I waited for a YEAR. (Now they are 175/225 and going up. *earlier adopters enjoyed lower pricing than I.)

Even after receiving there will be bumps in the road. I am glad to have a spare since I've made a lot of returns.

I find the Grasshopper absolutely kicks butt, as vapes go.

I think one of the main justifications for cancelling an order would be if, looking ahead, international shipping might be a hassle and expense.

kato1234

Well after 3 years plus I have finally taken the plunge and ordered a Grasshopper. Hopefully they have the supply problem fixed. Time will tell.

kato1234,
Top Bottom