The Grasshopper Shipping Poll

When do you think the first Grasshoppers (in BOXES!) will ship?

• Total voters

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Address confirmation just came in.
Ordered 1/8/16 S.S. Ord#239xx!
It's actually happening!

1/15/16...address conformation. Now I cant stop feeling like a voyeur and start participating..

Me too!!!! :rockon:
Hope you guys (and those soon getting address conf. requests) are remembering to NOT ALTER YOUR ORDER at this time. Just respond to the auto reply option in the e-mail. I added some batteries to my order and I believe it added days to the ship date!
Congratulations and best of luck, happy hopping.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Damn, that was faster than I thought. Congrats to all
You'll be hearing from me real soon, Ratchett. It's time to prepare the nursery for the blessed event!!

Hope you guys (and those soon getting address conf. requests) are remembering to NOT ALTER YOUR ORDER at this time. Just respond to the auto reply option in the e-mail. I added some batteries to my order and I believe it added days to the ship date!
Congratulations and best of luck, happy hopping.

Thanks for that reminder, Vapviking. I was considering adding a battery, but I think 5 should be plenty for now.

Last edited:

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
I wonder if they reach March this month.. Saw a 241xx Stainless steel hopper today with Jan 20ish so maybe Caroline and hopper labs were truthful in last email exchange 8 of Oct., so now I only need to get over my "d.o.a" fear + cop lights

Think I go for either vapman or Hammer pro as a backup or maybe session vape to make more sense of buying a purely "backup portable vape" for the Grasshopper :rolleyes: but we all know that is going to be needed

C4PO

Got my shipping confirmation too!

Blue Ti
01/03/16
#238xx

lnQKKNY.gif

f2j

Chaque jour est une chance
01/16/16 SS preorder #241XX. Got my shipping confirmation yesterday, order shows as "Processed" on GHL website. I'm so impatient to finally hold this beauty in my hands. Hope customs wont make the process any longer.

I recently ordered mouthpieces and spare batteries. Turns out that GHL sent me twice my order, I received two identical packages on the same day. Fingers crossed for the hopper(s) :D

moondog

And I have shipping confirmation. Won't be here till Monday though. Gonna be a looooong weekend! :razz:

Edit: my previous post should have said address confirmation :uhoh:
Congrats! Good thing you have that backup vape to get you through the weekend. :D Or you could spend the time shopping for accessories. That's what I'll be doing.
Hopefully I'll see my shipping confirmation today as well.

BadDog No

The VAAS is so strong with Hopper. So many folks get all the accessories lined up and waiting before Hopper arrives. There's that product anticipation thing again; so much time to think about it all...

And now for the opposing view: :lol: . I'm actually numb about the whole Hopper thing. I used to be just a little angry so numb is better. For walkin about I've got the Milaana (Garden Girl) now and a Firewood 4 on order. At home I have my Steinel bag system and a DDave'd EQ with lots of water options. Forgot my FireFlys and Supreme. So no, guess what HopperLabs, making me wait hasn't made me happy, but I have certainly had time to build a nice collection, so yeah, thank you for that. Of course we all know that as soon as I get my address confirmation, I'll be as excited as a teen at a concert and all will be forgiven!

Last edited:

slick

And now for the opposing view: :lol: . I'm actually numb about the whole Hopper thing. I used to be just a little angry so numb is better. For walkin about I've got the Milaana (Garden Girl) now and a Firewood 4 on order. At home I have my Steinel bag system and a DDave'd EQ with lots of water options. Forgot my FireFlys and Supreme. So no, guess what HopperLabs, making me wait hasn't made me happy, but I have certainly had time to build a nice collection, so yeah, thank you for that. Of course we all know that as soon as I get my address confirmation, I'll be as excited as a teen at a concert and all will be forgiven!

If I were a wordsmith that's exactly how I would put it.

Angry, on my way to apathy...or maybe it's resentment. That's not quite fair, it's probably just a bit of pouting. But still feel that I might let out a (manly) squeal when that email arrives.

Somewhat relatedly: you have some convection and conduction. Do you have a preference? Where, if all your expectations are met, would you place your grasshopper in the lineup? Replacing anything?

BadDog No

Slick asked:
Somewhat relatedly: you have some convection and conduction. Do you have a preference? Where, if all your expectations are met, would you place your grasshopper in the lineup? Replacing anything?

As far as I know, they're all considered convection, although the Supreme is convection/conduction. The Supreme is the heavy hitter of the bunch although I don't always want to deal with that level of medication. The DDave'd EQ is wonderful through water, whip, or bag. The Steinel is great for final extraction of ABV or you want extreme medication similar to the Supreme. Milaana is quick and powerful. The Firewood 4 I ordered because I like the looks of it and it will share the same 18650s as Milaana. I don't see the GH doing anything but filling a very niche role frankly. I thought way back when in my MFLB days that I'd be using a portable everywhere, but it turns out I'm more of a "transportable" guy than a true "walk and vaper". The FireFlys actually still give the best flavor, but lately I've been macrodosing so they haven't gotten much use. I hope I'm wrong of course and that my hopper will be so wonderful and awe inspiring that everything else will end up in the classifieds, but I doubt it...

moondog

WOOT! WOOT!

Just got my shipping confirmation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap::tup::rockon::tup::clap::tup::nod::tup:

Expected delivery day is this Wednesday!!

And for those keeping score, the notice says my order includes a leather sleeve. I know there were issues with sleeves not shipping. We'll see if it's in there when I hungrily rip open the package.

slick

Slick asked:

As far as I know, they're all considered convection, although the Supreme is convection/conduction. The Supreme is the heavy hitter of the bunch although I don't always want to deal with that level of medication. The DDave'd EQ is wonderful through water, whip, or bag. The Steinel is great for final extraction of ABV or you want extreme medication similar to the Supreme. Milaana is quick and powerful. The Firewood 4 I ordered because I like the looks of it and it will share the same 18650s as Milaana. I don't see the GH doing anything but filling a very niche role frankly. I thought way back when in my MFLB days that I'd be using a portable everywhere, but it turns out I'm more of a "transportable" guy than a true "walk and vaper". The FireFlys actually still give the best flavor, but lately I've been macrodosing so they haven't gotten much use. I hope I'm wrong of course and that my hopper will be so wonderful and awe inspiring that everything else will end up in the classifieds, but I doubt it...

Ah did not realize the firewood was convection. Well I hope the hopper fills some niche for me. I'm not a power user, so there's a good chance it will. Maybe for quick water use.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
WOOT! WOOT!

Just got my shipping confirmation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap::tup::rockon::tup::clap::tup::nod::tup:

Expected delivery day is this Wednesday!!

And for those keeping score, the notice says my order includes a leather sleeve. I know there were issues with sleeves not shipping. We'll see if it's in there when I hungrily rip open the package.
Great news! Hey, that's tomorrow!
I also got a shipping confirmation yesterday from HL. I made a warranty claim (#2) on SS hopper this past Thursday, thoroughly described the behavior (mostly solid red light, and I had gone through trials by swapping parts with my Ti and described that, so Caroline has responded, "Sounds like you need a new SS body. I will ship one out right away." And she did. I'll have it Thursday, though twice now pkgs. from HL have arrived a day ahead of USPS projection.
Timing is good as I have some toys rolling in from Delta3dStudio on Thursday as well.

Leather sleeve has begun to be a sore subject. On one hand, I do hope you get the one on your invoice. I did not get the free one that was supposed to come along (in August) with early Ti Hopper purchase. Months ago I got the "about two weeks" reply to an inquiry I made. Then, a couple of weeks ago I was on HL site and saw that the projected ship date for sleeves was 2-3 days, so I created an order, 1 sleeve and 1 silicone m/piece. In the order notes I suggested that they might also ship my free one at this time...radio silence about it since I placed that order. Seems so odd*, since they could be actually selling these things. Well, I guess technically they are; they got my 10 bucks! So, @moondog stay in touch about this, please.

edit;
* leather sleeve is not rocket science, so wtf?

Last edited:

moondog

Timing is good as I have some toys rolling in from Delta3dStudio on Thursday as well.

Cool. Just out of curiosity, how long was it between placing your order and getting your shipping confirmation from Ratchett?

Leather sleeve has begun to be a sore subject. On one hand, I do hope you get the one on your invoice. I did not get the free one that was supposed to come along (in August) with early Ti Hopper purchase. Months ago I got the "about two weeks" reply to an inquiry I made. Then, a couple of weeks ago I was on HL site and saw that the projected ship date for sleeves was 2-3 days, so I created an order, 1 sleeve and 1 silicone m/piece. In the order notes I suggested that they might also ship my free one at this time...radio silence about it since I placed that order. Seems so odd*, since they could be actually selling these things. Well, I guess technically they are; they got my 10 bucks! So, @moondog stay in touch about this, please.
edit;
* leather sleeve is not rocket science, so wtf?

Hard to imagine that this is anything other than an aggravating supplier issue.

When you didn't get yours, was it listed on the shipping confirmation email? I would hope that if they know it's not shipping with my package the email would have said so. Anyway, I will definitely let you know if mine shows up.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Cool. Just out of curiosity, how long was it between placing your order and getting your shipping confirmation from Ratchett?

Hard to imagine that this is anything other than an aggravating supplier issue.

When you didn't get yours, was it listed on the shipping confirmation email? I would hope that if they know it's not shipping with my package the email would have said so. Anyway, I will definitely let you know if mine shows up.
Stuff from @Ratchett was about six days to process, including weekend. Many of his items are on a made to order basis, and my list had several items both 3d and silicone.

My memory is now hazy about original leather sleeve thing from HL. I think that for a time (not just backers, but many pre-orders, too) a sleeve was included with purchase of any Ti hopper. This would at least explain why it doesn't show up on any invoicing or shipping paperwork in my history. I had confirmatory emails re:sleeve both before and after my Ti pre-order shipped. Could just be a comedy of errors, I suppose. I really did order that additional one a couple of weeks ago just to rattle the cage a little, poke a little fun.

So, yeah, I am curious as to whether anyone has received any leather sleeve in the past 8 or 10 weeks?

Top Bottom