The Grasshopper Shipping Poll

When do you think the first Grasshoppers (in BOXES!) will ship?

• Total voters

Kevea

Well mine officially got here this morning! I can't believe this day has finally come, just a little over 13 months after I ordered.

May 19, 2015 - Original Order Date
Wednesday June 22 - Address Confirmation
Friday June 24 - Shipping Confirmation
Monday June 27 - Delievered

They met my final June 2016 ship date which I was a little skeptical about in the beginning of the month. But Hopper Labs proved me wrong and I'm sure glad they did! :D

Now to go have some fun with them! Everyone that's still waiting hang in there! I feel like things are finally on track with HL and it's only a matter of time until they are caught up now.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Well mine officially got here this morning! I can't believe this day has finally come, just a little over 13 months after I ordered.

They met my final June 2016 ship date which I was a little skeptical about in the beginning of the month. But Hopper Labs proved me wrong and I'm sure glad they did! :D

Now to go have some fun with them! Everyone that's still waiting hang in there! I feel like things are finally on track with HL and it's only a matter of time until they are caught up now.

Nice quick turnaround time there from addy confirmation to delivery. That seems like a big improvement over some folks' experience.

GO HOPPERS GO!!:clap::tup:

kingfisher

Dang, I hope soon. Guess that blows my June estimate. I was a July 16th pre order. I've only seen up to late may go out this far. Blue ti..

kingfisher,

JoeMama

Yer Honor, I try most respectfully to describe my frustration with GHL.

Exhibit A:

They met my final June 2016 ship date which I was a little skeptical about in the beginning of the month...

Exhibit B:

My May 21, 2015 order date. I received my address confirmation June 22. Stil waiting my shipping confirmation.

Exhibit C:

Yeah and some people like me still waiting on April orders.

I realize this is nit-picky, but, I just have to ask, WHY. Aside from "distributor orders", why does it all just seem so haphazard, even with the nicey-nice "monthly updates". I also realize I'm beating an old fucking drum, so ignore this ranting fool if you must.

- June 2015 pre-order and still waiting for a fucking peep.

radiant34

Their customer rep is phenomenal for having to deal on a day to day basis with upset customers( as they should)

radiant34,

moondog

Yer Honor, I try most respectfully to describe my frustration with GHL.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Exhibit C:

I realize this is nit-picky, but, I just have to ask, WHY. Aside from "distributor orders", why does it all just seem so haphazard, even with the nicey-nice "monthly updates". I also realize I'm beating an old fucking drum, so ignore this ranting fool if you must.

I was under the impression that these discrepancies were, at least in some cases, due to the presence or absence of a colored TI in a person's order. Although that doesn't explain IAmKrazy2's situation.

:shrug:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker

They sell 7 different versions of the same vaporizer - that means the need to maintain inventory for at least 21 different partially assembled components (mouthpiece, body, and backend).

They ship what they can ship, in the order which preorders were recieved. However they're not going to stop shipping all orders simply because they can't fulfill one prorder from April 2015.

Inventory control is a finicky bastard, especially when you are still dealing with warranty replacements.

It may seem haphazard to you, but it makes sense to me.

Had my hopper for two weeks now (SS hopper) - working great. Not a single issue with it (aside from a warm back end during use).

I've got 4 batteries which I charge using a Nitecore D2 external charger (btw, new accessory coming next week - stay tuned for more info in the official GH thread :ninja: ) - I'm only running 2-3 loads through the oven before I swap batteries and keep going, haven't once ran out of juice at a bad time.

Hang in there peep's, you'll have your hoppers soon enough.

Hawk

As I am waiting my Shipping confirmation I am with dread thinking I will be waiting a long time even if it gets shipped soon. Canada Post will more than likely go on strike July 1st. I sent an email to GHL hoping they can send through FedEx instead of USPS.

Hawk,
Reactions: GTAVaper

Hawk

As I am waiting my Shipping confirmation I am with dread thinking I will be waiting a long time even if it gets shipped soon. Canada Post will more than likely go on strike July 1st. I sent an email to GHL hoping they can send through FedEx instead of USPS.

So I got an answer back and they won't ship FedEx. They said my GH is slated to ship Thursday. So it looks like my GH will be in limbo until until the Canada Post strike is over. More F'ing delays, like I haven't waited enough.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
So I got an answer back and they won't ship FedEx. They said my GH is slated to ship Thursday. So it looks like my GH will be in limbo until until the Canada Post strike is over. More F'ing delays, like I haven't waited enough.

Do you have a color TI? They specifically said Thursday? I was told my unit "should" go out this week. I bitched back about how my unit 'should' have gone out 12 months ago, and that i was told "hopefully" it will ship last weeks. With everybody before me taken care of, and a handful of people after me with units, i am beginning to get pissed. Month since my address confirmation. Silly me to hope i would have it for the 4th of July.

Edit. I was wrong. Address confirmation didn't come until June 17th.

Last edited:

YaFreekin Right

I'm in the same predicament but mine is currently in customs so there is still a chance it arrives before the weekend.

edit: Just checked & it was released. Getting more hopeful!

edit: Grr, nevermind that was some glass from China. Much rather the GH.

Last edited:
YaFreekin Right,
Reactions: GTAVaper

moondog

Month since my address confirmation. Silly me to hope i would have it for the 4th of July.

i believe it was physicist Richard Feynman who first posited the existence of the Delayed Grasshopper Time Dilation Effect. Hours pass like days, days become weeks, and weeks seem like months while you're waiting for your hopper.:(

It seems pretty clear at this point that the reason it's taking so long for us all to get our hoppers is that NASA was an early backer and they ordered thousands of hoppers so that they could attempt to re-purpose them as the core of an FTL drive.:\

Which will be really, really cool as long as they figure out a way to safely vent that super-hot "exhaust" for which the hopper is famous. :brow:

Hawk

Do you have a color TI? They specifically said Thursday? I was told my unit "should" go out this week. I bitched back about how my unit 'should' have gone out 12 months ago, and that i was told "hopefully" it will ship last weeks. With everybody before me taken care of, and a handful of people after me with units, i am beginning to get pissed. Month since my address confirmation. Silly me to hope i would have it for the 4th of July.

Non-coloured TI.

Hawk,

ominosity

Got my shipping confirmation a couple of days ago. Does anyone know how long it takes from US to UK with standard shipping?

ominosity,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

Mr. Me2

Got my shipping confirmation a couple of days ago. Does anyone know how long it takes from US to UK with standard shipping?
Nope...but what was your preorder date?

I haven't seen much posted recently regarding new address confirmation requests from ghl. I'm an early June 2015 preorder and am anxious to see them cross that threshold.

ominosity

Nope...but what was your preorder date?

I haven't seen much posted recently regarding new address confirmation requests from ghl. I'm an early June 2015 preorder and am anxious to see them cross that threshold.
I ordered a SS grasshopper on the 27th of May 2015 so you can't be far off.

ominosity,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

Mr. Me2

Still checking for shipping obsessive compulsive style. Hoping for 4th of July 2016. Original hope was for 4th of July 2016
I'm hoping for you too. And for me! I'll admit I've been more aggressive in checking the latest confirmations. Of course I follow this thread, but I also check Reddit and my account status on the gh site. It's not helping my vas!

Okay, I'll spread the hope to all fc gh preorderers!!!

Top Bottom