• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Grasshopper Shipping Poll

When do you think the first Grasshoppers (in BOXES!) will ship?

• Total voters

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
If you have a June estimate and not expecting until summer, then your estimate hasn't held. Sounds like HL forgot to update in mid June. That said I have my addy conf for early May, so hopefully my June 2016 estimate will actually hold and hopefully you will get yours this summer as well. It does seem like they are moving ahead one month each week, so I hope that stays true!

I'm sorry, you've misunderstood. Or perhaps I didn't make myself clear. What I mean is that even if there is another slippage of shipping estimates I don't think my hopper will be delayed more than a month or two. The current estimate has yet to be officially missed. But I feel that if it is, it won't be by much. And I'm OK with that.

I don't think HL forgets to issue an update. They just aren't ready to issue one when we want it.

I have this image of the people at GHL pulling their hair out every day. If they aren't shipping hoppers out at ludicrous speed, we're all upset. But if they sacrifice build quality to rush units out the door, we're all howling about all the warranty returns.

They're making real progress in working through the backlog. But we have to remember:

In any project, there are three points on a triangle: Speed, Expense, and Quality. You can have any TWO of those points, but not all three. If you want something fast and high quality, it can't be cheap. If you want something cheap and fast, the quality will suffer. Etc..

The hopper is, IMO, very competitively priced and I want it to be of the highest quality so that when I finally get it, I get to keep it. Those are the 2 triangle points I place priority on. So, I am willing to let it take as long as it takes.

Here's hoping "as long as it takes" means we're both happily hopping soon!! :nod:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
In any project, there are three points on a triangle: Speed, Expense, and Quality. You can have any TWO of those points, but not all three. If you want something fast and high quality, it can't be cheap. If you want something cheap and fast, the quality will suffer. Etc..

The hopper is, IMO, very competitively priced and I want it to be of the highest quality so that when I finally get it, I get to keep it. Those are the 2 triangle points I place priority on. So, I am willing to let it take as long as it takes.
I agree with this completely, and wrote in comments section of my Hopper order, "Take your time and do a nice job!"
I used to tell customers the same thing as you're saying. "Price, Quality, Delivery. Pick two!"

vapviking,

tr33sPlease

I'm sorry, you've misunderstood. Or perhaps I didn't make myself clear. What I mean is that even if there is another slippage of shipping estimates I don't think my hopper will be delayed more than a month or two. The current estimate has yet to be officially missed. But I feel that if it is, it won't be by much. And I'm OK with that.

I don't think HL forgets to issue an update. They just aren't ready to issue one when we want it.

I have this image of the people at GHL pulling their hair out every day. If they aren't shipping hoppers out at ludicrous speed, we're all upset. But if they sacrifice build quality to rush units out the door, we're all howling about all the warranty returns.

They're making real progress in working through the backlog. But we have to remember:

Here's hoping "as long as it takes" means we're both happily hopping soon!! :nod:

All I meant was that the estimate for you didn't hold...I don't actually think they forgot to issue the update (sorry, that was meant tongue in cheek)...they know exactly what they are doing in terms of their communication.

I am not sure why you wrote the rest, but whatever.

I hope we are both hopping soon, too!

(Hopefully next week for me, if their estimate holds, haha!)

Last edited:
tr33sPlease,

moondog

I am not sure why you wrote the rest, but whatever.

Just cause I've been thinking about it the last couple of days and I figured I'd get it out of my brain while I was posting in the relevant thread. Wasn't directing it at you personally.

Good luck on getting your hopper real soon.

Modnote: Fixed quote tags

Last edited by a moderator:

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Just received my shipping confirmation!

Damn it. The first person who ordered after me to recieve confirmation. Was it just a SS with no TI? If TI, what color? Thanks. I am on edge with my order from the 18th of April.

IAmKrazy2,

tr33sPlease

I was afraid that I might have beat ya Krazy! But two plain Ti and one SS. Must be the blue color holding ya up.

Damn, may 2 plain TI here...I got skipped, boo!

But hopefully that means it is coming very soon!

Edit: As soon as I hit post, I got my shipping email!!! May 2, 2015 plain TI is headed to me! I hope you all get yours soon!

Mods please merge my posts. I am so excited that I really messed up these posts! I tried to fix them, but messed it up.

Last edited:

moondog

Edit: As soon as I hit post, I got my shipping email!!! May 2, 2015 plain TI is headed to me! I hope you all get yours soon!

Mods please merge my posts. I am so excited that I really messed up these posts! I tried to fix them, but messed it up.
THERE YA GO!! :nod::clap::tup::nod::clap::tup:

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor

Damn it! Hope they are coloring mine right now. Yours were just fresh off the press!

IAmKrazy2,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I can't stop refreshing my email every 2 minutes :freak: going bonkers not going to be able to sleep tonight think it may be a 3 cookie nite:zzz:

We on the same page. I vape a bowl, check my email, over and over

What was your order date and details again blaze?

IAmKrazy2,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
C'mon GHL. It seems you have been working Saturdays recently. Please please please get mine out today. Would be nice to have by the 4th of July. America.

Edit. Sent GHL a email. Not sure if they are working Saturday this week shipping too. Overly anxious. Hoping the sqweekie wheel gets the grease. I advised i would take a green ti instead of blue too if it meant earliar shipping.

Last edited:

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
C'mon GHL. It seems you have been working Saturdays recently. Please please please get mine out today. Would be nice to have by the 4th of July. America.

Edit. Sent GHL a email. Not sure if they are working Saturday this week shipping too. Overly anxious. Hoping the sqweekie wheel gets the grease. I advised i would take a green ti instead of blue too if it meant earliar shipping.

L6deEh0.gif
The VAS is strong in this one...

moondog

I would love a update from hopper lab, they told me they would two weeks ago ... stop breakING MY HEART !!!:bang:
I thought they were only going to send a mid-June update if they needed to push back ESDs. Was I mistaken?

moondog,

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
I thought they were only going to send a mid-June update if they needed to push back ESDs. Was I mistaken?

they still have not pushed back mine again or released an June update like they talked about ... or a May one for that matter guess we get the May update in July, the June in August and etc ...

how many extra batteries am I going to end up with or is this a way to save money for hopper, fewer time they push back ?

Hjalmark,

vapviking

Old & In the Way

That's what I recalled too, so I looked back and here's what the May Update, that came on June 6th said,

"If by mid June it does not look like we will fulfill all the estimated orders, we will adjust the shipping estimates in order to keep everyone informed."

...and we're past mid-June now, right? I'm starting to think they may be on track. It's an odd sensation.

moondog

they still have not pushed back mine again or released an June update like they talked about ... or a May one for that matter guess we get the May update in July, the June in August and etc ...

how many extra batteries am I going to end up with or is this a way to save money for hopper, fewer time they push back ?
I got a May update on 6/6.

header.jpg

Grasshopper Pre-order
May Update

Hello Everyone,

We’ve concluded an eventful month with much work completed. We had some hiccups, but still maintained a record rate of shipping. Below we’ll cover what was accomplished in May, the shipping numbers, and where we stand on order delivery.

In May we made the transition to a new Charger control board. Feedback from customers told us we needed a more reliable charger and so we set about making the switch. By switching to a more powerful microcontroller, we cut the number of electrical components by half. This came with it’s own set of challenges in software upgrades and testing. A three month development, design and testing phase concluded in Mid May. With everything set we started production of the new design. An immediate problem with board manufacturing led to a few hundred having to be scrapped and a two week delay in production. Things were back running smoothly again on May 24th.

update_grasshopper_vape.bcaedb90fe72.jpg

Although we lost about half of the available shipping time in May, we still shipped 1600 units out. This is about 85% of what we planned to get to in May. Looking into June, we will need to make up a little time. If by mid June it does not look like we will fulfill all the estimated orders, we will adjust the shipping estimates in order to keep everyone informed. The orders are clearing fast and we are excited to be doing this much shipping.

As always, we thank each and every one of you for your patience and support. We are looking at a smooth month in June without any major changes. We look forward to getting your Hopper shipped to you shortly.

-Hopper Labs Team

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Grasshopper Pre-order

Boulder, CO

Visit Our Website | Unsubscribe

moondog,
Reactions: Hjalmark

sammac

I am pretty sure they are not on track. I am a January '16 preorder with a June estimate. I don't believe they will make it through 6 months of preorders In the next week.

sammac,
Reactions: GTAVaper

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I am pretty sure they are not on track. I am a January '16 preorder with a June estimate. I don't believe they will make it through 6 months of preorders In the next week.
yes, it would take a very steep-sloped inverted bell curve, I must say!

vapviking,
Reactions: Hjalmark

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
If by mid June it does not look like we will fulfill all the estimated orders, we will adjust the shipping estimates in order to keep everyone informed. The orders are clearing fast and we are excited to be doing this much shipping.

alright I did not get that email even though I re-requested for the news letter couple of times, but I guess this fits as Hopper lab time zone is 1,5 month behind, so around end of August we get our estimate updated

Top Bottom