The Grasshopper Shipping Poll

When do you think the first Grasshoppers (in BOXES!) will ship?

• Total voters

JoeMama

YES! YESYESYESYESYES!!!

Something that could easily be emptied into the chamber with a case that could carry several of them.

Like this: http://thevaporblunt.corecommerce.com/Accessories/6-Pack-Bullet-Holder.html

But first things first. Gotta see that shipping confirmation come the summer.
Totally perked up on this bullet case idea! I'll take two! :wave: I almost made an impulse buy on that link... how much (g) does each of those bullets hold? There were no reviews of it, so there's nothing but the pic to go on. Does it seal well, I wonder? etc...

Well vapefiend had some in stock this morning. And I grabbed it with out a second thought. I'm done with hopper labs. They are the longest in the world. Refund time. How ridiculous that I have to go to a third party to get their product. They changed my estimated delivery date to June. I ordered in late January. I know I woundnt of seen it then.

VimFuego

I'm a 13th Feb 2015 pre-order. Any Jan/Feb pre-orders gone out yet? I've now got a May delivery date.

Really thinking of cancelling now and just buying from Vapefiend at some point in the future (if at all). By the time you add import taxes and VAT it'll be costing nearer to Vapefiend's price anyway.

EdE80

I'm a 13th Feb 2015 pre-order. Any Jan/Feb pre-orders gone out yet? I've now got a May delivery date.

Really thinking of cancelling now and just buying from Vapefiend at some point in the future (if at all). By the time you add import taxes and VAT it'll be costing nearer to Vapefiend's price anyway.

I believe I've seen a couple Jan preorders get shipping confirmations

delloy

@VimFuego You will not get charged any import duty it will just be 20%VAT + the Royal Mail handling charge. The UK only charges import duty if after calculation it totals more than £7. The duty rate on this vaporiser to the UK is 1.7% and after calculating it comes to less than £7 hence only VAT would be chargeable ;)

If you paid what I think you paid which was $135/£94 for a S/S or $180/£125 for Ti you would pay approx. for the S/S in total £112 + Royal Mail Handling fee or Ti £150 + Royal Mail Handling fee. The handling fee is usually about £9

My order date was 12th Feb 2015, I certainly wouldn't cancel now, as this time I think it really is close. Especially when you are saving, at the least £80 depending on the model ordered. Thats a fair chunk of change in my eyes.

Last edited:

VimFuego

@VimFuego You will not get charged any import duty it will just be 20%VAT + the Royal Mail handling charge. The UK only charges import duty if after calculation it totals more than £7. The duty rate on this vaporiser to the UK is 1.7% and after calculating it comes to less than £7 hence only VAT would be chargeable ;)

If you paid what I think you paid which was $135/£94 for a S/S or $180/£125 for Ti you would pay approx. for the S/S in total £112 + Royal Mail Handling fee or Ti £150 + Royal Mail Handling fee. The handling fee is usually about £9

My order date was 12th Feb 2015, I certainly wouldn't cancel now, as this time I think it really is close. Especially when you are saving, at the least £80 depending on the model ordered. Thats a fair chunk of change in my eyes.

Thanks for the info Delloy, much appreciated. One other aspect that worries me though is the failures seen on a lot of hoppers. Potentially having to send that back multiple times from the UK at my expense. At least from Vapefiend I'd have an easier ride.

Never seriously considered cancelling until now. It was more the principal of the thing to be honest.

WhyAreWeWaiting

I believe it was the sheer mass of orders they have. Based on some sales data I have from other vaporizer companies, I think people seriously underestimate the popularity of this vaporizer.

550 units a week does sound good (although a bit slow if you ask me), I estimate they have already sold over 40,000 grasshoppers. Nobody knows how many they've already made and sold (and how many replacements they've shipped in total) but I believe it's because they had a massive backlog of orders and they refused to ship a defective product.

I really believe the start of Vapefiend's retails sales indicated that Hopper labs was finally comfortable with all of their revisions made to the vape. I feel this is when they finally started the real mass production, and now they're racing to catch up so they can ship all outstanding orders as fast as possible.

Based on my store's grasshopper accessory sales, I think it's safe to say there are a LOT more grasshopper's in the wild than there were two months ago.

|| 550 units a week does sound good (although a bit slow if you ask me)||

How can it sound "good" and be a "bit slow" simultaneously? "Good" and "a bit slow" are pretty much opposites.

|| I really believe the start of Vapefiend's retails sales indicated that Hopper labs was finally comfortable with all of their revisions made to the vape.||

Is this like "I believe in Jesus Christ, through a revealed truth", or do you have any reasons to back up your belief?

So how do you explain the guys who are posting on Reddit to say they had to sedn a Vapefiend back under warranty?

|| I estimate they have already sold over 40,000 grasshoppers.||

Where did you get 40,000 from? They only started shipping pre orders a couple of weeks ago. There's absolutely no way there are 40,000 sold in the last few weeks.

mod note: Edited to separate quoted text from response

Last edited by a moderator:
WhyAreWeWaiting,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
How can it sound "good" and be a "bit slow" simultaneously? "Good" and "a bit slow" are pretty much opposites.

Because 550 units per week is better than the 20-30 a week we were seeing several months ago. But it's slow when you consider how many outstanding orders they have to ship.

Is this like "I believe in Jesus Christ, through a revealed truth", or do you have any reasons to back up your belief?

I have been selling accessories for the Grasshopper for about 5 months now. Sales have been slow for the obvious reason that practically NOBODY had a grasshopper aside from the lucky early IGG backers. In the weeks leading up to Vapfiend's sale of grasshoppers my grasshopper sales have surged massively - I'm talking 600-700% increase in grasshopper accessory sales since then, and the sales have only continued to increase as more people receive their hoppers.

Moreover, immediately following the first batch of hoppers released on Vapfiend's website we saw a surge of shipping confirmation announcements on this thread (I forget the exact timeline otherwise I'd dig up where the shipping confirmations started on this thread)

So how do you explain the guys who are posting on Reddit to say they had to sedn a Vapefiend back under warranty?

I said Hopper labs was comfortable with the revisions they had made to the grasshopper. Obviously they still have problems with the design, but we don't know how many hoppers are getting returned to Vapfiend for warranty repairs - is it 10% of the hoppers sold? 1%? 0.5%.

Where did you get 40,000 from? They only started shipping pre orders a couple of weeks ago. There's absolutely no way there are 40,000 sold in the last few weeks.

I didn't say in the last few weeks. It's just an educated guess.This is based on the Indiegogo campaign data, the google docs spreadsheet listing orders/shipping status, and the sales data on my own personal website.

Believe what you want to believe about grasshopper labs. I'm simply making educated guesses based on my background. Moreover I've been an active member of this thread for over a year now, I've seen and watched the shitshow of this product rollout ever since. Although I'm happy to say I missed most of the drama that unfolded in 2014 when the first deadlines were missed (need I remind people of the great box debate, hahah)

I've worked my whole life for small businesses, I've seen what goes on "behind the scenes" when rolling out a product. It's not hard for me to imagine the possible explanations for these missed deadlines.

Tdtour

I would believe what Ratchett is saying, he is the only one making hopper accessories right now. If he sees an up tick in his hopper accessories sales that would suggest more hoppers in the wild. It's a chain reaction of sorts.

On that note, Ratchett do you have any plans on making a mouth piece for the hopper? Like some sort of cooling unit, maybe something that spins around like those old silly straws. I see the crafty mouth piece setup but that setup does not appeal to me. Looking for something more elegant, not that silly straws are elegant lol.

Tdtour,
Reactions: Hjalmark

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
On that note, Ratchett do you have any plans on making a mouth piece for the hopper? Like some sort of cooling unit, maybe something that spins around like those old silly straws. I see the crafty mouth piece setup but that setup does not appeal to me. Looking for something more elegant, not that silly straws are elegant lol.
Honestly I hadn't thought about that - the Grasshopper is intended for stealth, anything to alter the exterior appearance of the vape would detract from that intention.

Another thing I've learned so far in this business is that stealth vaporizers are VERY popular, like you wouldn't believe how popular the Pax2 vaporizer is - it's insane. I'm betting the Grasshopper vaporizer is going to steal a huge chunk of the Pax2 market once they catch up on these preorders!

Tdtour

@Ratchett I hear you. I have not received my hopper yet and all the videos I've see the user seems to use a bong/bubbler. So I am thinking the vapor would be on the warm/hot side.

I do like my pax2. It definitely does not look like a vaporizer. The crafty however looks like a hitech juice box.:rofl: Which I also have and like its performance very much. So anxious to get my hopper.

Vaperist

I would believe what Ratchett is saying, he is the only one making hopper accessories right now. If he sees an up tick in his hopper accessories sales that would suggest more hoppers in the wild. It's a chain reaction of sorts.

buy a MFLB glass mouthpiece and stick it into dee Hopper's silicone condom. it fits perfectly and looks elegant.

Lahey

Cruisin'
I am a Oct. 2015 pre-order who caved and ordered one from Vapefiend while I wait. It's supposed to be delivered today. I'm excited!! A little nervous maybe. I think I'm going to be afraid to handle it at first, half-expecting it to break. I hope it inspires confidence right away.

Estimated ship date for my pre-order is June btw after the most recent adjustment, for anyone who is keeping score. I figure it's not that big of a deal, I'm sure it will get pushed again, or at least that's what I'm mentally preparing myself for. Just couldn't wait to try it! I hope it lives up to my expectations. High stakes!! Ok clearly I'm a little punchy, staying up too late and wishing the mail man would hurry up and get here so I can pounce on him.

Last edited:

OldCreepy

I'm very stoned now, I just hit my glass ice catcher piece with my GH turned up all the way. I hit it as hard as I could and I swear to you I really thought I wasn't going to be able to catch my breath again!

FOR VAPEFIEND!
I ordered my SS from them on 4/15/16
Received my GH on 4/18/16!!!
I payed 30$ extra for TNT shipping, don't know if that made it come faster or not but if you order something Friday morning from the UK and get it Monday at 10:30am that's kick ass!

Thumbs instead of stars! Lol

Body is
Weight/Feel of body is
Size
Battery (2 out of 4 I got don't keep a charge as good)
Air Flow ( Is a 2 or 3 if you grind fine and pack hard )
Charger (Strong won't unhook / can leave it charging suspended over or near a air unit vent so it won't get hot while charging.) ( one case of guy leaving his on desk and it turned black eating a divot in his desk) lol Not Cool!
Screen / oven,bowl area
Indicator light is off kilter a bit but those holes are needed for air flow so I don't care
Hits !!!
JESUS H CHRIST! It hits like you forgot your name and shit your pants!

Still waiting for my Ti GH from Hopper Labs
Just get on VapeFiend and wait like a dude on Black Friday! You have a better chance than you think, plus those guys are awesome!
They have a mailing list for those who have missed others telling people about it.

Damn im glad that kush was mostly sativa! Lol

✌️

Edit:

The clicker on back is very nice but gets a bit stiff sometimes, I will let you all know if it gets better.

Also the way this things screws together is AWESOME! I know my Ti one will be even better based on materials just being better overall.

Congrats on your VapeFiend order @Lahey

OldCreepy

It didn't post the thumbs up? What the crap man! Well here you go for my last post lol

Starting from top and going down
(Body,etc...)
5 stars
4 stars
5 stars
4 stars
4 stars
Hell give charger 6 stars lol
5 stars
3 stars for light
And a big 10 STARS for HITS.
The GH hits you like no other!
My pax2 can't even compare even in a group!!

Sorry my last post was really not worth a crap lol.
I might check next time and make sure I'm not just being that guy :freak:

Edit: For those of you who have a GH already SS or Ti (SS is what I have for now), when you click it on do you hear a small clicking noise? It will click like a small clock or like a big battery charger does when charging multiple gadgets.

Haven't dropped unit but I have smoke a lot out of it since 4/18/16 lol
I work nights in middle of nowhere driving diff equipment listening to RISK! podcast and blazing away so I can make use of this thing big time!!!
I smoke about 3 grams of jock horror a day at working about 2 or 2.5 on weekends. So I'm hoping its not cause I've using it to often and this noise is normal. You have to get 3 inches from it to hear it good.

Thanks for any info guys, this damn site has helped a lot so far and hope it helps even more to get my Ti here! Lol this SS goes to bro in law when Ti comes in.

PS: take your herb pack loose with a light grind, then after its packed and ready hit button on middle temp setting and don't do shit. Let it time out then cup it to cool off quick and do it 1 more time. Then turn temp to 4.2/4.5 and get ready to :o after you Chong (:rip:) hit the crap out of it.

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

i don't have a Hopper jet, but from reports here i know that clicking sound is perfectly normal. they say that sound is a temperature sensor at work.
I think it's more likely power being sent to the heater, though the back end can produce some noises too with its potentiometer

but yes, completely normal. Sometimes it is louder than usual though.

Last edited:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I think it's more likely power being sent to the heater,
MoltenTiger's got it

or those of you who have a GH already SS or Ti (SS is what I have for now), when you click it on do you hear a small clicking noise? It will click like a small clock or like a big battery charger does when charging multiple gadgets.
The faint clicking noise you hear when the vaporizer is perfectly normal. The heater is being pulsed with electricity, that's how it works. It's not a continuous power - it's only heating when necessary to maintain temp

My pax2 can't even compare even in a group!!
Lol aside from form factor and battery life, I think the Grasshopper blows the Pax2 vape out of the water in every other category

OldCreepy

Nice info guys, thanks a bunch

Yea if you just think of this thing as a grasshopper / cricket then the sound just makes since in every way lol @Vaperist

My Pax2 can be smoked on longer with multiple people but it can't get those people super high off of 2 bong rips like the GH.

Since I work like a crazy person I don't find myself sitting in a circle that often but when I do we all tend to throw in .5 to a dish then everyone packs there own vape and we just chill until the bowl has been pinched clean. So my GH is best, ( I could do with the Pax Led light setup on this GH lol) playing Simon game while high in a dark room is fun stuff.

Off to work, hope we start hearing people got there emails, only a week left in this month.

OldCreepy,
Top Bottom