The Grasshopper Shipping Poll

When do you think the first Grasshoppers (in BOXES!) will ship?

• Total voters

zymos

Does it even really matter? It's not like hundreds of people are necessarily going to add on more, even if it is allowed.

zymos,
Reactions: btka

Vaperist

Does it even really matter? It's not like hundreds of people are necessarily going to add on more, even if it is allowed.
why not? added units you can sell to your friends who doesn't want to wait half a year. or sell it on eBay for $500. if one thousand pre-orderers, who has an order in front of mine, add one more Hopper then i wait twice as long. not everybody will do that, of course. but what if some add 10 units? maybe even more. isn't it abusing?

Last edited:
Vaperist,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
The offer to backers and pre-orderers was to buy additional items at pricing like when they first made their order.
As I remarked above, it's very likely that delivery of (almost) every Hopper is according to its unique date of order. Not a very novel concept, really.

vapviking,

zymos

why not? added units you can sell to your friends who doesn't want to wait half a year. or sell it on eBay for $500. if one thousand pre-orderers, who has an order in front of mine, add one more Hopper then i wait twice as long. not everybody will do that, of course. but what if some add 10 units? maybe even more. isn't it abusing?

I just think you are worrying about something that is not really happening to a large extent.

zymos,

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Dec 14th backer:myday:

..finally got my shipping confirmation a couple of days ago and my new Ti Hopper arrived this afternoon!:rockon:

Quick first impression is that this thing is well made. Mine arrived with zero blemishes. Expected it to feel lighter than it is, since the SS are supposed to be heavier, but this thing has a nice solid heft to it. I ordered a few extra batteries and ALL batteries arrived with full charges. :clap:

Quick first impression while in use...I loaded it about half way with some Twisted Fruit. On setting 1, fantastic flavor and just a wisp of blue tinged vapor. Moved to setting 2 and got much more vapor on exhale. :o

Still on that first load as I am typing, so I'll give a more detailed review in the next few days. I've got to say, that 4-5 second heat up is fantastic! This thing will be as stealthy as you need it to be. Quick on Quick off with an inhale in between and you're gold...:nod::tup:

Last edited:

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Dec 14th backer:myday:

..finally got my shipping confirmation a couple of days ago and my new Ti Hopper arrived this afternoon!:rockon:

Quick first impression is that this thing is well made. Mine arrived with zero blemishes. Expected it to feel lighter than it is, since the SS are supposed to be heavier, but this thing has a nice solid heft to it. I ordered a few extra batteries and ALL batteries arrived with full charges. :clap:

Quick first impression while in use...I loaded it about half way with some Twisted Fruit. On setting 1, fantastic flavor and just a wisp of blue tinged vapor. Moved to setting 2 and got much more vapor on exhale. :o

Still on that first load as I am typing, so I'll give a more detailed review in the next few days. I've got to say, that 4-5 second heat up is fantastic! This thing will be as stealthy as you need it to be. Quick on Quick off with an inhale in between and you're gold...:nod::tup:

Thanks for the update. Can't wait to see some of these January 2015 preorders starting to ship. Soon hopefully.

Bass Vaper

If a company allows consumers the ability to order additional units, how is it the fault of the consumer to take advantage (at a lower price point)? Look, I get it, people are waiting, have been for a long time, there's certainly a 'dickhead' factor to it. But the frustration should be aimed at the company, not the consumer.

I've added 3 units since my initial order. The first add on was ordered online, that gave me a later place in line. The second two I added as a side bar convo with Caroline, in which she just added them to the existing two orders I had.

I don't care if they all come at once, staggered, whatever. I do stand by the belief that, (the last time I checked) most people had the same opportunity to get in line as me, or anyone else did.

Bass Vaper,

con2010

you have to be crazy to buy it on ebay if it breaks down your warranty is invalid, you have to be the original buyer

con2010,

Gandalf

@biohacker bought his Hopper from someone on Kijiji I believe and had the account info switched to his own before making a warranty claim. I actually tried to get people on eBay to do this for me as well, but most of the people I asked had purchased Hoppers of their own and were selling the extras, so they weren't able to switch over the account info.

I bought mine on eBay actually, but the original owner is a fellow FC member who offered to be a proxy for me to get the GH serviced under warranty if necessary.

Also, a lot companies offer out of warranty repair service for a fee. This is a potential option that may be offered by Hopper Labs, as I'm sure they don't want a whole bunch of broken Hoppers out there in the wild at this early stage of their company's existence.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Hopper Labs can decide to do whatever they want. It might not be ethical for folks to add to their order then sell off the extra GHs but that's life. I thought that could be happening. It's such a popular vaporizer right now I don't blame anybody for doing this. I basically blame the company for allowing this to happen.

They advertised this vaporizer to the hilt. They kept dangling the proverbial carrot "the unit is almost ready and out the door" for a good year or more. They are still doing this. Folks are excited to get their hands on this vaporizer.

I also expect the company to be stopping the lifetime warranty. At this point that could be their demise. Everyone that is ordering their units right now are keeping the company a float, unless the company got themselves a loan or they inherited money.

They know how long it takes these to be made but still they're always showing false shipping dates.

It would be fair for the company to stop the ordering process and just start catching up the existing orders. If they did that they wouldn't have a regular source of income trickling in. I'm not giving this company a no interest loan for a year.

Edit
It's human nature to want something more if they can't have it. This works out well for the company.

Last edited:

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
The Free battery for pre-orders may be a mistake for them. I can only hope that last summer when they made that announcement that they themselves thought it would not be applying to over a year's worth of pre-orders? Maybe they actually thought thousands per week throughput would be achieved last summer as they had hoped?

Mister G,
Reactions: CarolKing

YaFreekin Right

The Free battery for pre-orders may be a mistake for them. I can only hope that last summer when they made that announcement that they themselves thought it would not be applying to over a year's worth of pre-orders? Maybe they actually thought thousands per week throughput would be achieved last summer as they had hoped?

I don't see why any pre-orders after 7/12/15 should be entitled to a free battery. They were never sent anything by GHL that said they would get anything free.

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
I don't see why any pre-orders after 7/12/15 should be entitled to a free battery. They were never sent anything by GHL that said they would get anything free.

No idea if you are right, but that just sets them up for a different clusterfuck to occur. There will be plenty pre-orderers after last summer going "where's my free battery?"

Mister G,
Reactions: CarolKing

zymos

The simplest and most logical way is that people that got an email telling them they are getting a free battery are getting a free battery.

Vaperist

Hopper Labs can decide to do whatever they want. It might not be ethical for folks to add to their order then sell off the extra GHs but that's life. I thought that could be happening. It's such a popular vaporizer right now I don't blame anybody for doing this. I basically blame the company for allowing this to happen.

do you know for sure that pre-orderers can add more units and RECEIVE them together with initial order? or they just get that same price? not same date.

Vaperist,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@Vaperist i thought I had read where folks had added to their order and had the same shipping date for both of all orders. If I'm wrong chime in. Excuse me if I am.

CarolKing,

Vaperist

@Vaperist i thought I had read where folks had added to their order and had the same shipping date for both of all orders. If I'm wrong chime in. Excuse me if I am.
backers- yes. they received all units together. but there is no certainty about pre-orderers. do they get same treatment?

Vaperist,

Likes2vape

backers- yes. they received all units together. but there is no certainty about pre-orderers. do they get same treatment?
Yes they do. I added to my pre-order when they announced the price increase and I asked if would affect my delivery, Caroline said no it would not and I would receive my order in one shipment.

zymos

You could just ask them directly.
They may never answer, but probably worth a second to try...

zymos,
Top Bottom