• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Grasshopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphabj

Did anyone notice this on the backers' store description? (I tried searching and looking to see if it was already noticed)

• Infinite adjustable temperature range between 100°C - 200°C

Does that mean that it will be an analog adjustment instead of only 5 different settings? Cuz that would be sweet :D

Also, is it just me or does 200 C seem a bit low for an upper bound. I would think 220 for MJ since there are cannabinoids that boil at that temp. In fact, I really wanted to try salvia with this vape, which would require 235-240 C. Emailed them about that a while ago but never got a response.

EveryDayAmnesiac

Did anyone notice this on the backers' store description? (I tried searching and looking to see if it was already noticed)

• Infinite adjustable temperature range between 100°C - 200°C

Does that mean that it will be an analog adjustment instead of only 5 different settings? Cuz that would be sweet :D

Also, is it just me or does 200 C seem a bit low for an upper bound. I would think 220 for MJ since there are cannabinoids that boil at that temp. In fact, I really wanted to try salvia with this vape, which would require 235-240 C. Emailed them about that a while ago but never got a response.

That would be nice, but in a unit this small, I think the range that is suggested here is about the best one can hope for at this point, all things considered. And I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a low, middle, high general temps rather than truly "infinitely adjustable," when put into practice. That's how it is with my Ascent, anyway. But I'm prepared to be happily surprised.

As a low-temp lover, I am not bothered by this idea whatsoever, regardless. :brow:

I still hope for this vape to be my one truly stealthy travel vape, but... :shrug:

:2c:

EDIT: Although I think they lost a lot of cachet moving from NC to Colorado. I'd probably do the same thing, but... I thought it was cool that they were doing this in the Lion's Den, as it were. Made 'em look ballsy. Now it's just another West Coast vaporizer...

Last edited:

herbivore21

That would be nice, but in a unit this small, I think the range that is suggested here is about the best one can hope for at this point, all things considered. And I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a low, middle, high general temps rather than truly "infinitely adjustable," when put into practice. That's how it is with my Ascent, anyway. But I'm prepared to be happily surprised.

As a low-temp lover, I am not bothered by this idea whatsoever, regardless. :brow:

I still hope for this vape to be my one truly stealthy travel vape, but... :shrug:

:2c:
The temp control seems to involve rotating a nut internally in the back of the pen (under the button). This suggests the use of a variable resistor/potentiometer, which is analog heat control. This is very cool. It is a shame that 210 celcius is the highest temp available though, that means this pen can't really get the most out of oils. Perhaps some clever engineering in the oil attachment may show this to be untrue though - we can only hope!

onigiri1692

EDIT: Although I think they lost a lot of cachet moving from NC to Colorado. I'd probably do the same thing, but... I thought it was cool that they were doing this in the Lion's Den, as it were. Made 'em look ballsy. Now it's just another West Coast vaporizer...
Your use of the term "west coast" is very liberal...news to me that a landlocked state just one state away from being smack dab in the middle of the country is on the west coast.

EveryDayAmnesiac

Your use of the term "west coast" is very liberal...news to me that a landlocked state just one state away from being smack dab in the middle of the country is on the west coast.

Didn't you know that us East Coasters are known for our liberalism? :lol:

And if you really don't think that Colorado is the West, coast or not, then we'll agree to disagree, like many others do! :tup:

But I'll tell you this... to this East Coaster, the Colorado sure as shit is the West Coast. At least compared to eastern North Carolina...

onigiri1692

Didn't you know that us East Coasters are known for our liberalism? :lol:

And if you really don't think that Colorado is the West, coast or not, then we'll agree to disagree, like many others do! :tup:

But I'll tell you this... to this East Coaster, the Colorado sure as shit is the West Coast. At least compared to eastern North Carolina...
Definitely a lot more west than North Carolina that's for sure. ;)

EveryDayAmnesiac

Definitely a lot more west than North Carolina that's for sure. ;)

Certainly!

And you gotta admit... making what is supposedly going to be a groundbreaking vaporizer in a state that is, by and large, embarrassingly conservative and humiliatingly bible-thumping and horrifyingly behind the times (for god's sake, RECYCLING is new to NC), was a lot cooler than being just another vaporizer company in a legal state.

Or don't admit it. Maybe it's just me. :shrug:

Last edited:

Fenton Mewley

A man in search of cloudier pastures
Certainly!

And you gotta admit... making what is supposedly going to be a groundbreaking vaporizer in a state that is, by and large, embarrassingly conservative and humiliatingly bible-thumping and horrifyingly behind the times (for god's sake, RECYCLING is new to NC), was a lot cooler than being just another vaporizer company in a legal state.

Or don't admit it. Maybe it's just me. :shrug:

I'm in a legal state, and I thought that was cool.

I also thought it was cool that GH moved considering this thread: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cold-turkey.11512/

GH has a new update by the way. Here's the link: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/grasshopper-vaporizer?c=activity

EveryDayAmnesiac

Maybe therein lies the reason for our difference of opinion. Perhaps if you lived in NC you'd feel differently.

I also thought it was cool that GH moved considering this thread: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cold-turkey.11512/

I am familiar with this thread, and it's happenings and circumstances like this that made me rather fond of the Grasshopper team for making the attempt in a place like NC regardless of these sorts of stories. It was a bold move that might have even been a bit groundbreaking in itself. I would have really respected that, FWIW.

So, moving to the West...Good for business? Sure. Smart? Of course. "Cool"? Well, I don't think so.

That's the last I'll say on the matter, since it really doesn't matter much anyway.

luckypucky

Covered in Peepaws

GH has a new update by the way. Here's the link: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/grasshopper-vaporizer?c=activity

The new update that takes you to the indigogo page I don't see any update.. All I see is the same page I saw before with all the pledges and to read the story... Unless looking through my phone makes it so I do not see any recent posts on the grasshoppers indigogo page..? If it is all text can you copy and paste it? Sorry.. :(

luckypucky,

Fenton Mewley

A man in search of cloudier pastures
The new update that takes you to the indigogo page I don't see any update.. All I see is the same page I saw before with all the pledges and to read the story... Unless looking through my phone makes it so I do not see any recent posts on the grasshoppers indigogo page..? If it is all text can you copy and paste it? Sorry.. :(

Ah, sure mate. Sorry bout that, it should direct to the "Updates" page.

Here's the text:

Grasshopper said:
Hey Everyone!

Glad to be back with another little update. The project is going well, and we’re happy to say that we’re still on target for the July delivery. We’ve moved into the new office, and we're in the process of setting up the assembly area. Things have gone quite smoothly with the move, and we’re happy to be here.

Orders on the remaining parts and molds that require significant lead-time will be placed before the 15th of next month. This gives the manufactures the time they need, and allows us to ensure the parts will be perfect. We’ve been spending a lot of time checking and double checking design clearances and compatibility on the Grasshopper.

The software that controls the Grasshopper has also been getting a lot of attention. Like the parts and molds, each piece of software must be checked and rechecked. We've developed a custom testing platform to troubleshoot and optimize the Grasshopper system. Using this platform, we can test all possible functions of the device under a wide range of conditions. Once finalized, our PCB manufacturer will upload it to every Grasshopper.

This is the main focus of the project, as we'll need to have final versions submitted within the next 30-40 days for them to arrive on-time.

Things are looking good and we are happy with the progress over the last few months. Thanks to all of your support, we're as stoked as ever to be working all-out on the project!

Check back on the 1st for another update!

The Grasshopper Team

zymos

I live just as far West as Colorado, but to the south. No one out here ever consider us Rocky Mt. states the West Coast, that's for sure.

Now that we are clear on geography- yay for GH for keeping to the update schedule! With delivery still pretty far in the future, the regular updates mean a lot.

Armerad

Dabbin'
Does anyone know how to change my shipping address from the backers site? I'm a college student and I'll be back home when the Grasshopper is ready to make it's appearance.

grokit

well-worn member
My guess is that the basic ss model will ship to the early backers in july,
the ti/colored models in august, then wholesale/retail will trickle out after that.

Last edited:
grokit,

Vape Dr.

Did you hear something on the down low?
I know many people not on the waiting list.
I wonder when they will be able to acquire one?

Last edited:
Vape Dr.,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom