The Grasshopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

2clicker

Observer
regarding the finish... i just hate ugly chrome. i plastidipped all the chrome stuff (badges/emblems) on my prius matte black. just hate it... :puke:

please zenpen do not offer ONLY chrome! would love to see anodized colors, brushed, painted (auto paint?), or coated somehow (rubberized? or powdercoated?) finshes.

then again if this thing works as nice as it looks, it could be a hot pink, blaze orange, and maroon colorway w/ tinkerbell on it and i would buy 2 of them.

heres to hoping this puppy works!:cheers:

Last edited:

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I saw mention of other colors on their FB page...

Qg7ATey.jpg

Last edited:

Lak666

Wow, makes me kinda wonder whether i pulled the trigger too soon on my second mflb (first one given as a gift to one of my pals).
However, i can see this guys taking a while before shipping starts, so I'm happy.

This looks slick as fuck, definitely the vaporizer choice for engineers: would be amazing if it worked as an actual pencil as well. Maybe a screw-able cover for the mouthpiece of the same material of those inkless pens? Maybe as an accessory? Whatcha guys think?

My only concern would be regarding smells: never looking for clouds on a vaporizer, i'm a low-rider :cool:
You reckon this would be stealthy, smell-wise?

I would be interested in the titanium version: i would bring this pen to my beloved metal festivals with me, and the sturdier the better: dont want the material being deformed because of a wall of death moshpit :p
Any advantages besides durability with that material, on top of the fact that you are vaporizing like a boss (:

Is it Stainless Steel or Brass? Their website and first post here claim it to be SS (at least now), but the discussions in this thread talk about brass not being medical grade and stuff. Any settlement on this topic?

axakal

since Lak666 started the accessory game, i'd like to throw in a wish for a water pipe adapter. :)

Last edited:

2clicker

Observer
You reckon this would be stealthy, smell-wise?

you could always use liquidizers tip and put your material in the oven at 200-210deg for 20 mins. this will drastically cut down the smell, but will not affect potency or flavor.

2clicker,

Lak666

you could always use liquidizers tip and put your material in the oven at 200-210deg for 20 mins. this will drastically cut down the smell, but will not affect potency or flavor.

I can only imagine you meant that in Fahrenheit degrees, am I right?

Lak666,

Zenpen

Grasshopper
Manufacturer
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to give a quick update. We just did some filming for the kickstarter video and we're getting ready to launch! I'll answer some questions while I'm at it:

If this actually performs I can see many upon many FCers jumping on the train. Myself included. I can't remember we're the batteries replaceable on this thing? Cuz that's a huge deal breaker for me.

Yep batteries are user replaceable!

This device sounds cool and ill be glad to be part of crowd funding campain but but.
brass is never food grade as containing heavy metals i.e lead. I wont be part off the gamr with brass. please choose another matériau to count me in

The Brass is lead free!

I thought I read of some Titanium Zenpen ,
or that they were thinking about using Ti .

Maybe someone from Zenpen can clarify .

tia

A limited amount of titanium models will be available during the kickstarter.

regarding the finish... i just hate ugly chrome. i plastidipped all the chrome stuff (badges/emblems) on my prius matte black. just hate it... :puke:

please zenpen do not offer ONLY chrome! would love to see anodized colors, brushed, painted (auto paint?), or coated somehow (rubberized? or powdercoated?) finshes.

then again if this thing works as nice as it looks, it could be a hot pink, blaze orange, and maroon colorway w/ tinkerbell on it and i would buy 2 of them.

heres to hoping this puppy works!:cheers:

There are multiple colour options, all powder-coated!

since Lak666 started the accessory game, i'd like to throw in a wish for a water pipe adapter. :)

It's coming, and you don't need a whip to attach it, the adapter will couple with the downstem.

Let me know if you have any other question, or check out the blog for progress updates and info!

http://zenpenvapor.com/

grokit

well-worn member
Yeah size matters here!

Is this going to be the flower pen that can be passed off as an e-pen,
which can then be passed off as an e-cig?

Enforcement nightmare, I love it.
I can see using the bright yellow one for tobacco just to trip them up.

"No different than a patch"

:dog:

Vapodudule

Cristallogrphy tells us there is very small amount of lead in brass and brings the answer no to the question "is brass food grade?" may be wrong i am. what kind of brass do you use? is it food grade if yes just show us the reference of your alloy?

Last edited:
Vapodudule,

Zenpen

Grasshopper
Manufacturer
Cristallogrphy tells us there is very small amount of lead in brass and brings the answer no to the question "is brass food grade?" may be wrong i am. what kind of brass do you use? is it food grade if yes just show us the reference of your alloy?

Hey everyone, so here is an example of a lead free brass http://www.nbmmetals.com/c46400-naval-brass-lead-free.html it is nominally 0% lead. If you look on the spec sheet it will tell you that there is a very small margin of error whereby a tiny amount <0.2% may be present at the extreme end of the spectrum. Luckily even in this worst case scenario, this would only be problematic in a corrosive environment. Which a vaporizer is not. Compare that to plumbing that carries your tap water which can legally contain up to 8% lead.

To put it in perspective, if you've ever touched an old brass door knob (i have one in my apartment), you've already exposed yourself to more lead then you would get from a lifetime of vaping.

If you are still interested in this topic I understand there are already threads specifically about brass that you can visit. http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/is-brass-safe.788/

and yes JoeKickass...

I love when this thread goes dormant, it means they're cooking up some new update!
:D

We've got big updates coming! Get on that mailing list peeps! http://zenpenvapor.com/buy.html

Vapodudule

the heat brings corrosion so i think brass on a vape HE is corrosive as f. and even in leadfree brass the joints of grain are carrying the impurity. guess who detatch first when corrosion, joints of course.

i am sorry to bring it back but what is the reference of the alloy you use? Is it recognized food grade? We put vapor inside us, it is important. is it the link you put?

i doubt that brass have super using condition to use as HE though. i should bring the fact that leadfree brass is difficult to machine.

the concept is huge, please let me in on the train by put off brass.

Last edited:
Vapodudule,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom