The Grasshopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qbit

cannabanana
Yeah I like this one better.
grasshoppersmall.png

I much prefer this one as well. Though if it were given the treatment as the revised pen-body version (without the pen-body, of course), it might appear better, especially if printed small, such as on the unit itself:

ZA2Qyox.png

lwien

Reminds me when I took a physical when I joined the Air Force. The doc told the guy in front of me to bend over and spread his cheeks, so the guy took each one of his index fingers, stuck them in his mouth, pulled his cheeks apart and bent over at the waist. The doc looked over his shoulder and gave me one of these:

uK0iS31.gif

falcopus

Hi,

I have a question:
Does anyone know if it will be possible with the grasshopper to use it and keep a part of you herbs for a later session or do I have to load it and use it in one session like the pax?

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Hi,

I have a question:
Does anyone know if it will be possible with the grasshopper to use it and keep a part of you herbs for a later session or do I have to load it and use it in one session like the pax?
Off topic, I know, but you can absolutely vape only part of a Pax load and use the rest later. I do this every day. Actually, a single load lasts me all day by starting on low, hitting it a few times, turning it off, stirring when it needs stirring and raising the temp when it needs to be raised. This is not optimal for flavor, but it is optimal for conserving and keeping you lifted.

Fenton Mewley

A man in search of cloudier pastures
Off topic, I know, but you can absolutely vape only part of a Pax load and use the rest later. I do this every day. Actually, a single load lasts me all day by starting on low, hitting it a few times, turning it off, stirring when it needs stirring and raising the temp when it needs to be raised. This is not optimal for flavor, but it is optimal for conserving and keeping you lifted.

Doesn't the PAX cook herbs though? Like if you turned it on and did not take one puff, would it turn to AVB?

I'm thinking they are asking if the Grasshopper with cook. No, it should not since they claim it is convection-hot air must pass over the herb before it's vaped.

Fenton Mewley,
Reactions: BLAZING OG

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Yes, in the Pax the oven cooks the herb in a conduction style. The load does not instantly vaporize though. It takes awhile to toast a fully loaded oven.

If the question was actually about conduction vs. convection, then yes, the Pax continually cooks while the Grasshopper claims to only heat the load upon inhale.

fonzerelli

I'm a lightweight, plus I use extremely potent herb.

My Pax, I typically only hit it 2-3 times at most per session, and I get plenty of mileage out of a single load.

When I have had enough in the session, I turn the Pax off and then draw one more time, and you get a wee bit of vapor. I also try to remember to take the bottom lid off to help cool the unit down faster.

Not only should this conserve the load, you should cool down the vape as quickly as possible. Batteries do not like heat.

Anyways, I typically get about five to seven days out a single oven full, at the described rate of 2-3 hits per session (before bed sometime).

I would hope the same would apply for the Grasshopper, as it looks like we should be able to remove the bowl piece.

NajaNaja

The money is in the bank, they'll either deliver on their promise or not- I just don't see how releasing any more videos is relevant at this point.
And has the significant downside of also being incredibly dangerous, considering where they are living and working. I'm as antsy as anyone, but as a medical user just having moved to this state from an extremely friendly state, I just think that the people demanding videos truly do not understand how very, very dangerous being out of the hotboxed closet is, in a place like this. I live near them, in a small town. A couple months ago, more than 130 people were arrested in a coordinated sting for which my next door neighbor wore a wire. A lot of the arrests were for pill sales, but there were plenty of simple green possession charges, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adobewan

They proposed this project, knowing where they were going to be producing so it appears they've already accessed the danger vs success and decided to move forward. They have already shown videos, so they seem to be finding safe ways to do this.
There are ways to show proof of progress that do not incriminate(photos of production, crates of components, assembly line working). Whether this is crowd funded or not, it's not too much for the people who contributed over a quarter million dollars to request updates.

" they'll either deliver on their promise or not-"
Is that it, really? That sounds like they hold no responsibility to produce or at least genuinely attempt to produce what they proposed. That happens a couple of times and that will be the end of crowd funding.

NajaNaja

They proposed this project, knowing where they were going to be producing so it appears they've already accessed the danger vs success and decided to move forward. They have already shown videos, so they seem to be finding safe ways to do this.
There are ways to show proof of progress that do not incriminate(photos of production, crates of components, assembly line working). Whether this is crowd funded or not, it's not too much for the people who contributed over a quarter million dollars to request updates.
/shrug. I didn't say it was "too much". What I said was, clearly they produced the videos they needed to, to start production. After that point, they have nothing to gain and everything to lose (literally, asset forfeiture is a major revenue stream in areas like this) by seeking more publicity, particularly publicity like useage videos. Believe me, I would enjoy updates on the process, too, but I sure as shit understand why they're choosing to keep their heads mostly down until the job is done.
Assessing risks inherent in attracting the attention of 1-2000 willing participants is one thing; continuing to poke the bear by putting out images of illegal activity after those goals are met, when doing so offers little appreciable benefit until they have a legally secured company and retail units available is... another.

If I had to guess, the next videos we'll see will be right after the first completed units get shipped to reviewers in legal states.

" they'll either deliver on their promise or not-"
Is that it, really? That sounds like they hold no responsibility to produce or at least genuinely attempt to produce what they proposed. That happens a couple of times and that will be the end of crowd funding.
Huh? How the jesus did you read that interpretation? They have a whole lot more to lose by running such a stupid scam. $100k each doesn't go very far, and the internet is not kind about this kind of thing. If they fail to produce, well that's the end of their future in this field, at the very least. My point is very simply that a) there's no sense in getting worked up about it until it either happens or doesn't, and even then, there's STILL nothing to be done except choose to keep taking chances or not; welcome to investing, and b) I think a lot of people in friendly states really have no idea how draconian deep prohibition states are. Seriously, it's in my employment contract that I could be fired even for suspicion of "involvement", like proactive involvement in decriminalization efforts.

I'm not calling anyone names for wanting updates, I'm just voicing understanding about their position when it comes to use videos, right at this moment. Remember, I'm invested, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adobewan

Let me start by saying, I'm not accusing anyone of scamming.

I didn't say it was "too much". What I said was, clearly they produced the videos they needed to, to start production.
?I didn't say you said it was "too much".

After that point, they have nothing to gain and everything to lose (literally, asset forfeiture is a major revenue stream in areas like this) by seeking more publicity, particularly publicity like useage videos.
I didn't say videos. I said "photos of production, crates of components, assembly line working", all innocuous unless the product is shown completed. Did you read my post?

Assessing risks inherent in attracting the attention of 1-2000 willing participants is one thing; continuing to poke the bear by putting out images of illegal activity after those goals are met, when doing so offers little appreciable benefit until they have a legally secured company and retail units available is... another.
So are you suggesting the people who contributed those funds take this new manufacturer's word on production? Their goals of fundraising may have been met but the goal of the fundraisers themselves is pending. I stand by my request for in-progress images.

Huh? How the jesus did you read that interpretation? They have a whole lot more to lose by running such a stupid scam. $100k each doesn't go very far, and the internet is not kind about this kind of thing. If they fail to produce, well that's the end of their future in this field, at the very least. My point is very simply that a) there's no sense in getting worked up about it until it either happens or doesn't, and even then, there's STILL nothing to be done except choose to keep taking chances or not; welcome to investing, and b) I think a lot of people in friendly states really have no idea how draconian deep prohibition states are. Seriously, it's in my employment contract that I could be fired even for suspicion of "involvement", like proactive involvement in decriminalization efforts.
Not sure how you don't see how that interpretation fits.
They have LITTLE to lose by running what could be a $300,000 scam. In some areas of the country, $300,000 is 6 years of annual employment. Most lotteries pay less than that. But if you could generate that in less than a month, I'd say you could have a very successful scam on your hands.

What do you mean by "the internet is not kind about this kind of thing"? Is there some kind of fail safe or enforcement keeping them from running with the money? If they fail to produce, they can merely change their name and start another venture. By no means is that an "end to their future in this field".

"Welcome to investing"? Investors get regular reports on the progress of their investments, they don't give their money away and hope for the best. They study reports and adjust their portfolios/move their money accordingly. Perhaps you meant "welcome to crowd funding".

Many of us in friendly states are by no means oblivious to the plight of those in non-friendly states. Some of us are relocated from non-friendly states, some of us have family in non-friendly states.
Again, they proposed this project knowing where they were going to be producing and decided to move forward.

I'm not calling anyone names for wanting updates, I'm just voicing understanding about their position when it comes to use videos, right at this moment. Remember, I'm invested, too.
I don't know you, clearly you're new here, and you may not be calling anyone names but you certainly seem to have reacted to my post with some negativity that wasn't due.
My request is simple one to keep us, the fundraisers, in the loop and to keep them, the manufacturers, honest.
Welcome to FC.

poonman

I need vids , ( I know ; broken record here )
Only b/c photos can be Doctored .
I want to see Trevor walk amongst their warehouse/shop and touch parts for assembly of the Grasshopper .

I realize , they Don't have to do any . But it's all part of CS ,
even in it's early stages . Check out the Versa/Infinity thread .
Lot's of interactions between potential buyers and Chris
Taylor and his wife .

Chris Taylor disappeared for a while and returned for more ...

poonman,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom