The Grasshopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
I read this whole thread a long time ago but I don't remember if anybody touched on it - Can this pen do oils too?
I might have to pick one up while I wait on my HI.

There are already plenty of good oil pen vapes out there and NO good dry herb "pen" (i quote pen cause there are similar form factors but none pen sized) vapes. i said it before, and i'll say it again lets get a great working pen vape for dry herbs FIRST before working on yet another oil pen vape

Zenpen

Grasshopper
Manufacturer
battery life? is the battery user replaceable? please say it is!

Yes it is!

I read this whole thread a long time ago but I don't remember if anybody touched on it - Can this pen do oils too?
I might have to pick one up while I wait on my HI.

Yep we're offering an oil adapter

Did anyone else hear $99...!
I hope they can jump in and confirm, but I want to say as per there original info, one of the main points was to have unit that will last a long time and being able to replace the battery.
So fingers crossed that this is still an option.!!!!:argh:

Yep it'll be $99 for the indiegogo earlybirds

Keep the questions coming

Belgianvapor

with 0.5 capacity, how does the grasshopper handle small(er) loads? lets say 0.1 - 0.2?
could you make the pen clip detachable so it can be used as a stirring device? (just an idea)
or is stirring not needed? Also not when loaded and tamped to full capacity?

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Yes it is!

Yep we're offering an oil adapter

Yep it'll be $99 for the indiegogo earlybirds

Keep the questions coming
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

1) Whats the herb capacity?,
2) Any more info on the oil attachment?
3) Will the mouthpiece fit into any 14mm/18mm glass joint?
4) Can the heater sustain the temp if its being used thru a water piece???
5) Are we looking at a thanksgiving release date or more like Xmas/new years ???

I wiil jump on the indie gogo asap so I can get one of these to review on FC!!!!

Thanks Guys!!!!!

Last edited:

brucebannor

The Cheshire Cat
Well, congrats on not being dead!

How long would the battery last on one charge?

I would LOVE to see a full session from start to finish with a full load. (0.5g) I agree with Relocation, the video wasn't exactly what I thought it'd be. It'd be easier to speculate on the function / combustion / vaporization after more than 1 draw. I bring that up because if you left me in a room with an Atmos Raw I could definitely film myself getting one good hit. You should leave off the narration & editing this time to get it out quicker. :p

Non-vape related: Anyone ask why the video was dubbed at the end yet? The terminator sounding part? No-retakes?

King

Accessory Maker
The ZP/Grasshopper team lost a lot of exposure when they had to change their name, and not everybody who may have contributed to their crowd funding campaign is aware of their resurrection. Luckily the old URL redirects to their new site, but I think its still down to word-of-mouth to make sure that they get enough exposure to hit their goals.

The last thing I want to see happen after riding this roller coaster is a failed crowd funding campaign. If you're excited about the ZP/Grasshopper team's product, don't forget to tell others who may be interested!

Just don't forget guys, crowd funding is not the same thing as straight pre-ordering, you're helping these guys build a brand new product in bulk. If you're not okay with missed deadlines and delays, you may be better off waiting for the general open sale.

honorface

vape weed; eat yogurt
I PMed them. I have a site that averages 1000/3000 hits per day. I'll hype the fuck out of this thing for them. Since it is on indiegogo if I want one I have to make sure they meet their goal.

This post is not begging or asking to beta. Just a response to king that there are people out there and on this forum that can guarantee a wide viewer base.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
There are already plenty of good oil pen vapes out there and NO good dry herb "pen" (i quote pen cause there are similar form factors but none pen sized) vapes. i said it before, and i'll say it again lets get a great working pen vape for dry herbs FIRST before working on yet another oil pen vape

I'm familiar. In fact I'm pretty sure I said the same thing a few pages back. I already have an oil pen too, I was just wondering because of course it would be even better if it could do both well.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

1) Whats the herb capacity?,
2) Any more info on the oil attachment?
3) Will the mouthpiece fit into any 14mm/18mm glass joint?
4) Can the heater sustain the temp if its being used thru a water piece???
5) Are we looking at a thanksgiving release date or more like Xmas/new years ???

I wiil jump on the indie gogo asap so I can get one of these to review on FC!!!!

Thanks Guys!!!!!

I think all of these portable vapes should be designed to be plugged in at home for a turbo boost instead of just needing to plug in for charging. Being portable is cool, but I think it would be really cool if you could use that portable piece everywhere. When I'm at home I dont care about battery life or capacity I just want fat clouds through a nice glass piece.

I'm not sure if this vaporizer is going to be the end-all be-all I seek; but it could be.

klipsch

Sorry if this has been answered already, but exactly what materials are in the air path?

klipsch,
Reactions: Zenpen

°k

The sound of vapor
I've asked @Zenpen on their blog if despite their hiatus they still thought a product delivery for the backers before X-mas was realistically achievable? Here is their answer:

GrassHopper says:
November 6, 2013 at 10:50 AM
No, unfortunately there is just no way to get you the product in that short amount of time. We do hope to be shipping the first batches soon after! Great question we should make a post about this.

Zenpen

Grasshopper
Manufacturer
Sorry if this has been answered already, but exactly what materials are in the air path?

Haha so I have some interesting news, if you look back through this thread you'll see that the heating element was originally unleaded brass, and we stand by our claim that this is perfectly acceptable.

However, due to the revolutionary switch to a convection based heating system, the brass is no longer necessary. So some of you will be glad I'm sure to hear that:

There is only stainless steel in the airpath

I think all of these portable vapes should be designed to be plugged in at home for a turbo boost instead of just needing to plug in for charging. Being portable is cool, but I think it would be really cool if you could use that portable piece everywhere. When I'm at home I dont care about battery life or capacity I just want fat clouds through a nice glass piece.

I'm not sure if this vaporizer is going to be the end-all be-all I seek; but it could be.

Personally I feel that the Grasshopper hits harder then my $250 desktop vape. There would actually be nothing to gain from boosting the power as it is already extremely powerful by desktop standards.

How long would the battery last on one charge?

Well according to our calculations, if you were blasting on it as hard as possible and you could refill the chamber instantly, taking only 30 sec breaks between hits, it would last for between 5-6 Hrs.

So if you're a little more casual like myself...I dunno days?

Obviously it comes down to how you use it, but clearly, it has a much longer battery life than anything else out there.

°k

The sound of vapor
...So if you're a little more casual like myself...I dunno days?..
Which alien did you steal that technology from?! :o

Now more seriously: Thanks for updating us here (I might stop harassing you on your blog!) and here are a couple of questions for you (but I'll still harass you here!):

- Will all zenpens be in titanium in order to be colored or will you release a fully stainless steel one as well?

- Could you tell us a bit more about the battery type/model and will it be sort of "proprietary" or can we find it elsewhere?

- is the pen fully metallic (other than with electronic components and wires) or is there some silicone joints in some places?

Also FYI guys: I've asked where the unit would be produced:
GrassHopper says:
November 6, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Mostly Australia, with some China and 100% assembled in the USA for quality control.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Personally I feel that the Grasshopper hits harder then my $250 desktop vape. There would actually be nothing to gain from boosting the power as it is already extremely powerful by desktop standards.

I'll be the judge of that…

No really. Can't wait to try this thing. Really excited about this one.

natural farmer

I'll be the judge of that…

No really. Can't wait to try this thing. Really excited about this one.

I really believe a good convection portable can hit harder than many desktops and there are already many examples out there... Not all desktops are the same. But there are those monsters out there where you can load a whole gram in their bowls... Hard to beat that if you are after massive clouds, although they tend to waste too much vapor...

ludwig

I've been watching this thread for a bit. I am excited for the more information coming out about Grasshopper.

I'm curious if the draw would cool down the temperature like it does on my Solo if I draw too hard?

I am actually considering of selling or trading my Solo set up for a solid desktop vape and wait for the kickstarter campaign so I can nab this utlraportable vape at 99. Would be a great combo with a desktop at home and one for out and about.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I've been watching this thread for a bit. I am excited for the more information coming out about Grasshopper.

I'm curious if the draw would cool down the temperature like it does on my Solo if I draw too hard?

I am actually considering of selling or trading my Solo set up for a solid desktop vape and wait for the kickstarter campaign so I can nab this utlraportable vape at 99. Would be a great combo with a desktop at home and one for out and about.

That's what I plan on doing, with this and the HI.

invertedisdead,

Adobewan

Excited by this vape as well but the thought of giving up my Solo...
Don't you guys have college funds you can dip into or neighborhood orphanages you could rob?
Anything would be more reasonable than parting with your Solo :)

darkrom

Great Scott!
Interesting point someone made on reddit....

"anybody notice how the first video and the second video are the same guy, but in the first he says he is a friend of the grasshopper guys and in the second he says he is the chief engineer?"

Any explanation for that? Kinda weird to a regular guy.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
^^ i would wonder the same thing if i heard it (have not watched both videos yet as i am at work) ^^

mmenzie,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
They do seem to have the same mole looking object on their left index. My assumption for them to do this would be to not fully take credit of the first video and its quality (especially if people had complaints about it), but I don't know, that is just a crazy assumption.

paytonpenn,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom