• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Fluoride thing

crawdad

floatin
as long as you are not over using the product and wash out very well i dont think there is much concern unless of course your teeth are sensitive to the fluorosis. you could look for products that use xylitol (now makes xyliwhite). look into xylitol in general, its a sweetener and is a 5-carbon sugar allowing it to pass through easier and studies have shown that it will actually kill the bacteria that causes cavities so its a "safe for teeth" sweetener. being that xylitol is a sugar alcohol it is not completely absorbed into the blood stream so you notice less of a rise in blood sugar. when i substitute xylitol for sugar i use at most half of what i would when using regular sugar. take too much xylitol and you diarrhea, just saying.

crawdad,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Here's a nice article about confirmation bias and other fallacies, and funnily enough they talk about the recent revival (Oregon?) of these long debunked topics (I use plural because my intuition tells me some of you folks might also doubts other topics mentionned in this article)

Anyways it's a nice read, provided you guys succeed in removing your tinfoil hat..ie open your mind:

"Why Do Many Reasonable People Doubt Science?"

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2015/03/science-doubters/achenbach-text

KeroZen,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
@KeroZen Topical forms when warranted medically fine, but just do not put an industrial waste into my water, that I drink every day, all day, year in and year out. If you even understood the different forms of fluoride, and how halides react in your body, you would know why you don't want to drink their crap.

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I'm not putting anything in your water dude! :haw:

But if you want to be safe, my country would be happy to sell you hectoliters of bottled spring water! :p

We don't add fluoride to tap water over here, just iodine. :peace:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
But if you want to be safe, my country would be happy to sell you hectoliters of bottled spring water! :p
Not necessary. If you check, Oregon has some of the purest water in the world. No fluoride added either where I live. We know better . . . :nod:

Edit: There seems to be no pandemic of cavities here . . . :rolleyes:

Edit Edit: Oh and check Europe. A lot of them don't fluoridate either . . . like 93%!!!

http://fluoridealert.org/content/water_europe/

Where is the dental crisis in Europe!!! It doesn't exist!!! . . . :lol:

http://fluoridealert.org/articles/fluoride-facts/

Last edited:

Deadhead101

I am the Vapor King--I can do anything
What is your guys' opinion on drinking distilled water? I bought a distiller a couple years ago, but it's been sitting in the basement, because A it uses a lot of energy to 'brew' a gallon of water, and B I've read some articles stating that it can deplete one's body of certain nutrients.

Deadhead101,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
What is your guys' opinion on drinking distilled water? I bought a distiller a couple years ago, but it's been sitting in the basement, because A it uses a lot of energy to 'brew' a gallon of water, and B I've read some articles stating that it can deplete one's body of certain nutrients.
I agree with that. If you want high performance water get an ionizer.

grokit

well-worn member
Distilled water is good for certain therapies, like when battling cancer (for example it's an integral part of gerson therapy). The problem is that it strips the body of nutrients as well as heavy metals/toxins.

grokit,
Reactions: VegNVape

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Drinking water that's been artificially fluoridated with synthetic fluoride chemicals has been shown in a new peer-reviewed study to increase the risk of underactive thyroid, or hypothyroidism, by 30 percent or more.

Researchers from the University of Kent in the UK, publishing their work in the Journal of Epidemiological & Community Health, found that people who consume fluoridated water are much more likely than people who don't to suffer from a sluggish thyroid, a chronic health condition that often results in depression and obesity.

After evaluating the number of patients with thyroid conditions at general practitioners' offices throughout England, the team, led by Professor Stephen Peckham from the Centre for Health Service Studies, observed that areas where public water is artificially fluoridated systematically had the highest prevalence of hypothyroidism.

Meanwhile, the prevalence of the thyroid condition in areas where tap water is left alone was found to be significantly less common, affirming what many earlier studies have found concerning fluoride's displacement of necessary iodine throughout the body, a damaging process that essentially starves the thyroid gland of much-needed nutrients.

"I think it is concerning for people living in those areas," stated Prof. Peckham about the findings. "Underactive thyroid is a particularly nasty thing to have and it can lead to other long term health problems. I do think councils need to think again about putting fluoride in the water."

"There are far safer ways to improve dental health," he added.

There are a number of toxic halogens that displace iodine in the thyroid, fluoride being one of them (bromide is another), resulting in major thyroid damage. This is a scientific fact that has been proven over and over again,* and which is admitted by the U.S. National Research Council.

http://jech.bmj.com/content/early/2015/02/09/jech-2014-204971

Abstract
Background While previous research has suggested that there is an association between fluoride ingestion and the incidence of hypothyroidism, few population level studies have been undertaken. In England, approximately 10% of the population live in areas with community fluoridation schemes and hypothyroidism prevalence can be assessed from general practice data. This observational study examines the association between levels of fluoride in water supplies with practice level hypothyroidism prevalence.

Methods We used a cross-sectional study design using secondary data to develop binary logistic regression models of predictive factors for hypothyroidism prevalence at practice level using 2012 data on fluoride levels in drinking water, 2012/2013 Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF) diagnosed hypothyroidism prevalence data, 2013 General Practitioner registered patient numbers and 2012 practice level Index of Multiple Deprivation scores.

Findings We found that higher levels of fluoride in drinking water provide a useful contribution for predicting prevalence of hypothyroidism. We found that practices located in the West Midlands (a wholly fluoridated area) are nearly twice as likely to report high hypothyroidism prevalence in comparison to Greater Manchester (non-fluoridated area).

Interpretation In many areas of the world, hypothyroidism is a major health concern and in addition to other factors—such as iodine deficiency—fluoride exposure should be considered as a contributing factor. The findings of the study raise particular concerns about the validity of community fluoridation as a safe public health measure.

https://www.snyderhealth.com/articl.../fluoridated-water-hypothyroidism-depression/

Top Bottom