The Flip Brick by Sticky Brick Labs

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Yesterday I did the double screen mod I was referred and I havent combusted since, but I still find it really hard to take a good hit out of this and i cant get my herbs totally spent, I would say my Plenty is much more efficient, my da Buddha is miles away from it (and they should perform similar) and a Log vaporizer or a vapcap is a Galaxy far away in efficiency. I was told bricks are more efficient than a vapcap and I find that statement absolutely false. My herbs usage with this one has been more than a gram a day and with a vapcap I usually do 0,2-0,4 getting much higher for much longer. Flavor wise it does not beat the Plenty, which has much pure taste and it lasts much longer so my question now its: Does this thing do something right?? i just feel I wasted my money.

Last edited by a moderator:

VisiblyVaped

Yesterday I did the double screen mod I was referred and I havent combusted since, but I still find it really hard to take a good hit out of this and i cant get my herbs totally spent, I would say my Plenty is much more efficient, my da Buddha is miles away from it (and they should perform similar) and a Log vaporizer or a vapcap is a Galaxy far away in efficiency. I was told bricks are more efficient than a vapcap and I find that statement absolutely false. My herbs usage with this one has been more than a gram a day and with a vapcap I usually do 0,2-0,4 getting much higher for much longer. Flavor wise it does not beat the Plenty, which has much pure taste and it lasts much longer so my question now its: Does this thing do something right?? i just feel I wasted my money.

I'm in a similar boat, at least in terms of using more and struggling for good hits. I've also wasted probably 2 grams by now, otherwise I would have used maybe 1 over the whole weekend.

I will say sticky bricks reps are customer oriented and I know not everyone has the same experiences with every device, which is why I won't write off the company or other models but FOR ME, the flip doesn't suit a single one of my purposes and has caused me great frustration and bother

Last edited by a moderator:

StonerSloth

cui bono?

I for one am having a blast with my Flip Brick! I have been experimenting with different draw and flame techniques as well as S&B loading capsules... They work pretty well but they still require stirring - which is actually really annoying to do......... Much more annoying than just stirring the bowl on the Brick......

It is true that this bowl is pretty big by the standards of a vapcap and by the standards of many who are into microdosing.

I am not a microdoser - but I use a Lotus scoop (~0.055g) as my standard measuring unit and here are some quick off-the-cuff estimates:

Vapman - 0.3-0.9 scoops
UD stainless stem - 0.75 scoops
UD glass stem :love: - 1 scoop
Vapcap - 1 scoop
Lotus - 1-1.5 scoops
Crafternate - 1-3 scoops
Air/Solo - 2-3 scoops
Starry - 2-3 scoops
S&B Capsule - 2-3 scoops
Flip Brick - 2-4 scoops
Vapexhale ELB - 5-6 scoops
CFX - just use a funnel

scion34

Starting to enjoy my flip... was way more of a hassle though than the OG. Kept scorching one side of the load, was driving me crazy.

A few things after fiddling have really got me going, first I removed the screen under the intake, mine arrived all mangled and shoved in there, I believe it was causing uneven heating. I also raised the intake up a bit, an 1/8" or so instead of sitting flush, I'm getting amazing hits and even roasting now. An important part is finding your intakes sweet spot as well, they're all handmade and each is different, aiming for the top of the inside bend is working great for me.

I am a bit concerned with the finishing work on my unit though... for $80 and the size it is I wish a bit more care was placed in the woodwork, I have one corner sanded to almost a point instead of evenly rounded, rough, chipped edges on multiple blocks, a crooked logo and multiple visible marks are from what I assume was a vice... for the price and the size the little things matter too..

VisiblyVaped

Starting to enjoy my flip... was way more of a hassle though than the OG. Kept scorching one side of the load, was driving me crazy.

A few things after fiddling have really got me going, first I removed the screen under the intake, mine arrived all mangled and shoved in there, I believe it was causing uneven heating. I also raised the intake up a bit, an 1/8" or so instead of sitting flush, I'm getting amazing hits and even roasting now. An important part is finding your intakes sweet spot as well, they're all handmade and each is different, aiming for the top of the inside bend is working great for me.

I am a bit concerned with the finishing work on my unit though... for $80 and the size it is I wish a bit more care was placed in the woodwork, I have one corner sanded to almost a point instead of evenly rounded, rough, chipped edges on multiple blocks, a crooked logo and multiple visible marks are from what I assume was a vice... for the price and the size the little things matter too..

This thought intrigues me. Raising the flame intake an eighth an inch or so.

That's literally the only move I have left.

scion34

This thought intrigues me. Raising the flame intake an eighth an inch or so.

That's literally the only move I have left.

What's a bit more wood in the airpath eh? :lol:

I haven't been filling past half full, and the total length of the flame I'm using with the honest torch they sent is just a tad longer than two bricks on their logo, if that helps at all. Hope you get it dialed in!

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
it seems like people who have no other SBL product are having the most trouble with the learning curve.

while the flip is a great vaporizer IMO... this thread is relatively short and new...so I'm sure all of the recommendations, information on performance/ technique and expectations come from other models from the lineup (though I could be wrong)?

with this being the cheapest option, I'm sure it was alot easier to jump in and test the waters...but the flip is a unique device to the line up that performs the same...just with a different taming process.

some learn it fast, but with so many variables it can be a task.

i have most certainly had vaporizers with more drastic learning curves, so my impressions differ.

but in a few cases I think the other models would have been more beneficial to start with

@StonerSloth pack half as much in the dosing capsules and shake them instead of stirring...or you can just flip them

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
The Flip is my first SB product and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. It has been my steepest learning curve so far in getting the goods. But no more different than finding the sweet spot on the E-nano between charring and wispy hits, or getting the vapman to give up that terpene goodness.
Asking if the Flip does anything right and comparing it to those other vapes when you haven't experienced the Flip hitting it's stride is not fair to the Flip. That is just your opinion based on how your using the Flip.
This thing hangs in there with the E-nano for flavor and efficiency. Can't argue about the vapcap though, because that's the shit right there. :cool:
But The Plenty being way more efficient than the Flip Brick? :hmm:...........:lmao:

VisiblyVaped

it seems like people who have no other SBL product are having the most trouble with the learning curve.

while the flip is a great vaporizer IMO... this thread is relatively short and new...so I'm sure all of the recommendations, information on performance/ technique and expectations come from other models from the lineup (though I could be wrong)?

with this being the cheapest option, I'm sure it was alot easier to jump in and test the waters...but the flip is a unique device to the line up that performs the same...just with a different taming process.

some learn it fast, but with so many variables it can be a task.

i have most certainly had vaporizers with more drastic learning curves, so my impressions differ.

but in a few cases I think the other models would have been more beneficial to start with

@StonerSloth pack half as much in the dosing capsules and shake them instead of stirring...or you can just flip them
I feel I should have gotten a different model but I do believe that for those who master it the flip could kick ass..
The Flip is my first SB product and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. It has been my steepest learning curve so far in getting the goods. But no more different than finding the sweet spot on the E-nano between charring and wispy hits, or getting the vapman to give up that terpene goodness.
Asking if the Flip does anything right and comparing it to those other vapes when you haven't experienced the Flip hitting it's stride is not fair to the Flip. That is just your opinion based on how your using the Flip.
This thing hangs in there with the E-nano for flavor and efficiency. Can't argue about the vapcap though, because that's the shit right there. :cool:
But The Plenty being way more efficient than the Flip Brick? :hmm:...........:lmao:

The vapcaps are the most efficient I've ever had. I don't think any battery powered vapes extract better than a good torch vape personally.
I wish I had your luck with the flip, but hey, sometimes it's not meant to be.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
when people speak about vaporizer 'efficiency' it's hard to judge torch vaporizers like that, especially because it's all user controlled...unlike a battery powered vaporizer that can chew through material with little vapor production, because it's getting trapped in the unit.

The vapcap has a smaller 'max fill' but I wouldn't say it's more efficient than a brick...maybe even less...for arguments sake...because the VC cooks between hits until you draw (though the window of vapor is not huge)

The brick is draw on demand/convecrion which one could say by nature is more efficient?

efficiency in the brick relies on the user.

zz6rX9r.jpg

The larger photo gives an example of a skinny vs a bushy flame.

The bottom left is how long I keep my flame.
(the entire flame is shown, there was little dark blue halo around the inner bright blue flame)

The upper left is the distance I keep it from the intake...

one more suggestion (after your break) is to keep the flame in motion while heating it, to ensure that the heat does not concentrate on one spot alone.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
:doh:
I was wondering how you dealt with the stirring part with the dosing capsules. I was taking the dosing capsules I had preloaded for my Plenty, which are fairly full and lobbing them into my Flip. I'll have to revisit those tonight with the shakable half load. :tup:

I wish I had your luck with the flip, but hey, sometimes it's not meant to be.
I was rooting for you too, my friend. Especially since I may have been an enabler of sorts. :razz:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
:doh:
I was wondering how you dealt with the stirring part with the dosing capsules. I was taking the dosing capsules I had preloaded for my Plenty, which are fairly full and lobbing them into my Flip. I'll have to revisit those tonight with the shakable half load. :tup:

The additional cool thing about shaking the caps is when the load get closer to finished, you'll notice that small 'pepper sprinkles' of avb start to fall out the holes in the screen, you can use those to judge the life of the material left in the cap.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
The additional cool thing about shaking the caps is when the load get closer to finished, you'll notice that small 'pepper sprinkles' of avb start to fall out the holes in the screen, you can use those to judge the life of the material left in the cap.
Dude, that answers another thing I was wondering about, but never got to that point due to char city, how do you know when you're finished with a capsule. Take some serious man hands to pop open a hot capsule for a little look see mid load.
You got some good tidbits. You should make videos or something. :|

:D

VisiblyVaped

when people speak about vaporizer 'efficiency' it's hard to judge torch vaporizers like that, especially because it's all user controlled...unlike a battery powered vaporizer that can chew through material with little vapor production, because it's getting trapped in the unit.

The vapcap has a smaller 'max fill' but I wouldn't say it's more efficient than a brick...maybe even less...for arguments sake...because the VC cooks between hits until you draw (though the window of vapor is not huge)

The brick is draw on demand/convecrion which one could say by nature is more efficient?

efficiency in the brick relies on the user.

zz6rX9r.jpg

The larger photo gives an example of a skinny vs a bushy flame.

The bottom left is how long I keep my flame.
(the entire flame is shown, there was little dark blue halo around the inner bright blue flame)

The upper left is the distance I keep it from the intake...

one more suggestion (after your break) is to keep the flame in motion while heating it, to ensure that the heat does not concentrate on one spot alone.

I think that by comparing the two you're comparing different forms of efficiency. The vapcap is better at microdosing I believe. Better than anything I've ever used. For those who can do it right, on demand convection can arguably be better, but that's strictly dependent on being able to use a refined technique.

I'm going to compare my flame size and angle tonight and try to get a couple hits without combustion. It will probably be one of my last experiments, and then I'll be moving on from the flip if I can't get it down within the next week.

It's too damn expensive for me to waste flower trying to get it down. I wasn't supposed to have to visit my dispensary again until this weekend or next week, now I have to go tonight or tomorrow after the frustrations of last weekend.

I was rooting for you too, my friend. Especially since I may have been an enabler of sorts. :razz:

Yeah, you certainly were an enabler by then again, you love your flip. Can't really blame ya at that point. If I recommended an M and someone couldn't get it down (don't see how that'd be possible but still), I wouldn't feel like I steered someone badly, just that a particular vape model doesn't suit them.

My biggest regret is not trying one of the other, larger, more reviewed models. It could have been the same result but there's a good chance it would have been much different too

How have dosing caps helped?

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I think that by comparing the two you're comparing different forms of efficiency. The vapcap is better at microdosing I believe. Better than anything I've ever used. For those who can do it right, on demand convection can arguably be better, but that's strictly dependent on being able to use a refined technique.

'better' here is subjective. the flip can handle pinches as well and micrdoses nicely.

that being said, I have to use my VC for three bowls (12+ heating cycles) to feel nice.

a full flip bowl (which would be about equal to that 3 bowls) would only require 5 heating cycles or more depending how I ride the temps.

not only does this save time, but butane as well.
It's too damn expensive for me to waste flower trying to get it down. I wasn't supposed to have to visit my dispensary again until this weekend or next week, now I have to go tonight or tomorrow after the frustrations of last weekend.
once you get past the frustration stage and get the hang of it, you'll have a magical connection with it.
707e533494d1115205468b2e2bf5be7b.jpg

Dude, that answers another thing I was wondering about, but never got to that point due to char city, how do you know when you're finished with a capsule. Take some serious man hands to pop open a hot capsule for a little look see mid load.
You got some good tidbits. You should make videos or something. :|

:D
if I would have had a flip earlier i'm sure I would have.

:cheers:

VisiblyVaped

@VisiblyVaped everyone is cheering you on! But I personally have given up on you .. giving you the "tough love" :goon:

Maybe get some noncannabis like lavender or some herb mixes for honing your skills?

I feel your pain with expensive herb, good weed here is up to 20 bucks for a gram or say 400 dollars for an ounce.

I'll still try a bit more but I don't know. I have lost hope.

The thought of combusting lavender leaves or something is pretty not cool.....

Not a bad suggestion though

VisiblyVaped,

StonerSloth

cui bono?
OK I am starting to warm up to the dosing capsules... Tried to do the shake and flip but the ABV is still sort of unevenly cooked in the end... I can get really thick vapor off 0.10 in a capsule but only about 5 or 6 good hits before it's spent/I'm scared to go further. All in all I think the capsules are working but I'm still in the testing phase....

I guess everyone wants something different in a vaporizer and most of us don't know if something works for us until we try it unfortunately... The brick can definitely get most of the available goodies out of your herb, but trying to get that last final bit can be the recipe for disaster........ I think using a Lotus really prepared me for the Brick - they behave really similarly in terms of when to "back the fuck off."

@VisiblyVaped - if you want a few dosing capsules to experiment with, send me your info via PM.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
How have dosing caps helped?
I love it when vape gear works in other vapes. ELBs in my CF, now the S&B capsule in the Flip.
Like @StonerSloth I'm really starting to like the dosing cap in the Flip. I did a load of .07 and got 4 nice pulls. The 4th hit was pretty huge as I was pushing it a bit, thought I might have some char or a hot spot, but nope, the abv came out toasty brown. I may have been able to get another hit or two from all the loads, but I was shooting for four decent hits per capsule, I'll push farther later.
I did two more loads the same size, for :science: , using different flame angles, targets , and draw speed. On the third load strait shooting the flame to the pinch in the heat tube using very little technique. The third load had a few peppery char tips here and there, but no full on combustion happening.
There seems to be a lot more room for error with the caps. Naturally, I have to draw harder and longer than when the load is naked and fuller than the .07 in the cap. There also may be a touch of conduction added being in the capsule, no? Or does the load being loose and able to swirl take that aspect out?
Last night's research was done with GSC, so I was quite baked afterwards.:whoa:
Thanks again to @WakeAndVape for bringing the capsules into play for me.
Very nice offer btw @StonerSloth :tup:
I like the tough love shown by @Hjalmark :lol:
Pics.
Before:
aLAL9Jb.jpg

Load 1 abv:
UUm2HWL.jpg

Load 2:
KXV6CYd.jpg

Load 3 with the char tips:

PbAF8hA.jpg

Edit to add: sorry for the gruesome hand close ups. Guess I could have grabbed a paper plate or something. :uhh:

Last edited:

StonerSloth

cui bono?
@SloJimFizz your ABV looks very similar to mine - though mine more often looks like your load 2 or 3 than 1 lol

Load 1 looks nice and even but there is still some good stuff left in there!! I don't really use my ABV so I like to get (almost) everything out of my herb in one session whenever possible. This is why unregulated vapes can be dangerous for me!

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Can someone with a 7th floor vape tell me how to get similar results with a brick? And can butane quality affect efficiency? I think I have good butane but i want to cover all posibilities

jardri,

VisiblyVaped

Can someone with a 7th floor vape tell me how to get similar results with a brick? And can butane quality affect efficiency? I think I have good butane but i want to cover all posibilities

I have a seventh floor vape that I'm selling, but even that gets me better and bigger clouds without combustion. Two completely different styles though. I'm hoping you figure something out that you can share because I'm at a loss.

I have no idea what to do and at this point I'm honestly just hoping to make back a good portion of my money in the classifieds, since that's where I think this'll end up.
I wish I would have went Jr like my gut said (or a tried and true VC for me) at least then I'd have the pretty aesthetics of the compartmental shape/design and more options to experiment with.

All in all, I'm just not happy.
:bang::bang::disgust::disgust::shrug::shrug::shrug::ugh::ugh::ugh::huh::huh:

VisiblyVaped,
Reactions: jardri

sirwalter

Don't the flip and the jr use the same bent flame intake? Same glass length etc, same flame distance from the bowl? What exactly makes the flip more easy to combust? Not having a metal insert above the bowl, like the jr?

I feel like Im missing something?

snackmaster

Don't the flip and the jr use the same bent flame intake? Same glass length etc, same flame distance from the bowl? What exactly makes the flip more easy to combust? Not having a metal insert above the bowl, like the jr?

I feel like Im missing something?

The inserted end of the Flip's heat intake is closer to the screen. Distance is about 1" for the Flip and 1 3/8" for the Junior.

edit - by "screen" I mean the one at the bottom of the herb chamber

sirwalter

The inserted end of the Flip's heat intake is closer to the screen. Distance is about 1" for the Flip and 1 3/8" for the Junior.

edit - by "screen" I mean the one at the bottom of the herb chamber

Ok now it all makes sense! Thanks for that info. I was really wondering why the Flip had any need for a second screen below the intake glass.

Top Bottom