The Flip Brick by Sticky Brick Labs

almost there

My flip brick came in yesterday and boy did I have a fun day experimenting. It's been so long since I made a brick purchase and man, oh man do I love the smooth flatness of each surface. Everything was what was expected so I gingerly approached my first go using a j hook. The torch was dialed down and I was extremely cautious when heating, surprisingly I found it much easier to use than expected. There was light scorching if I push it too far but overall it wasn't so difficult. When I push for the high temp extraction I repeatedly get scorching in the same spot. Besides that I found the hits kinda delicate, to remedy this I removed the larger screen that was in the bottom of the intake block but I left the smaller screen under the intake glass. Heating after that was much more even and I was able to get much bigger hits.

I wasn't crazy about using the j hook with the flip despite the cool aesthetic appeal, too much swiveling. I prefer to either go for the orbitor or I use a little quartz banger that I attach upside own to the 14mm glass and attach a whip adapter to that for a dry mouthpiece. The flip is a cool little addition to the brick collection, not something I would recommend as a primary brick but definitely a fun extra for the vapor enthusiast. 3 bricks in the house now, only OG is left to complete my collection:drool:

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
Besides that I found the hits kinda delicate, to remedy this I removed the larger screen that was in the bottom of the intake block but I left the smaller screen under the intake glass.

Hiya, mine only has the screen at the base of the intake block, there isn't one under the glass. This is how it came shipped to me. Excuse for another round of experiments I guess :)
Is the double screen the new default setup being shipped out @Slow Draw McGraw ?
Cheers!

Just tried double screen, easier to control but milder yes. Unless I'm just getting better still at handling it. Or maybe my torch was running low, maybe that was it..;)

It IS a fussy vape relying on so many variables. But I love to tinker with stuff and am a scientist at heart so it's fun. It's like learning a craft, which means it's so rewarding.
And when it does misbehave it's impossible to be angry with it because it looks like a little sparrow, so tiny and perfect.

So eager then to try next the single screen as recommended by @almost there

Last edited:

GoombaTroop

I would love to get a StickyBrick vape because I hear they hit really hard... but not sure if I should go for the flip brick.

I have several vapes. I mostly use the Underdog for microdosing hits. I also have a VapCap and Arizer Air 2.

I want to get a stickybrick for huge face melting hits through my 14mm matrix sidecar bong.

I'm also in Canada and I can get the flip brick for $120. The Jr. is $200... the OG is $230 and $260 for the Maxx.

I've obviously read how a lot of people can't get a handle on the technique and end up hating it. But it's like half the price of the other ones and it comes ready to use with my glass. So I don't want to pay double the price for only a marginal improvement. But I also don't want to waste $120 on something I wont end up using and I'd rather spend the extra money if it's the difference between using it and having it sit on my shelf.

I don't mind a learning curve as long as I can eventually get it working properly so I get those face melting hits I keep hearing about.

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
I would love to get a StickyBrick vape because I hear they hit really hard... but not sure if I should go for the flip brick.

I have several vapes. I mostly use the Underdog for microdosing hits. I also have a VapCap and Arizer Air 2.

I want to get a stickybrick for huge face melting hits through my 14mm matrix sidecar bong.

I'm also in Canada and I can get the flip brick for $120. The Jr. is $200... the OG is $230 and $260 for the Maxx.

I've obviously read how a lot of people can't get a handle on the technique and end up hating it. But it's like half the price of the other ones and it comes ready to use with my glass. So I don't want to pay double the price for only a marginal improvement. But I also don't want to waste $120 on something I wont end up using and I'd rather spend the extra money if it's the difference between using it and having it sit on my shelf.

I don't mind a learning curve as long as I can eventually get it working properly so I get those face melting hits I keep hearing about.
Although I got used to it and really enjoyed my Flip it doesn't get as much use now I have the Elev8r. It's highlighted to me how fussy it can be. If I could I'd go for either the OG or the Maxx because of the longer path from flame inlet to screen/bowl. The Flip will give you the hits you're after but they're more at risk of combustion. I stopped focussing on what I was doing a couple of times and combusted recently which was a bit upsetting:\
I now use my Flip for longer, milder sessions where the extraction is even and slow. Definitely not why I bought it but it turns out I do enjoy it in this way as a session vape on the sofa.
Have fun! :)

GoombaTroop

Although I got used to it and really enjoyed my Flip it doesn't get as much use now I have the Elev8r. It's highlighted to me how fussy it can be. If I could I'd go for either the OG or the Maxx because of the longer path from flame inlet to screen/bowl. The Flip will give you the hits you're after but they're more at risk of combustion. I stopped focussing on what I was doing a couple of times and combusted recently which was a bit upsetting:\
I now use my Flip for longer, milder sessions where the extraction is even and slow. Definitely not why I bought it but it turns out I do enjoy it in this way as a session vape on the sofa.
Have fun! :)

thanks for the reply. I think I'll stay clear of the flip brick.

I just found out about the Supreme V3 which looks like a serious heavy hitter. So thinking I might end up going for that one.

The Elev8r looks pretty sweet too!

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector

I just found out about the Supreme V3 which looks like a serious heavy hitter. So thinking I might end up going for that one.

Yeah the Elev8r is hits very, very hard indeed if you ask it too. I can't praise it highly enough. If I'd owned it before I bought the Flipbrick I wouldn't have bought the Flipbrick, for sure.

chlorophyll_man,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X

The supreme and the Elev8R are good vapes and I enjoy both...but as an introduction into the brick line up I'd say go for the junior.

you can get a GonG for it to connect it to water and it is great for pocket travel as well as using while out and about. you can't do that with either of the aforementioned.

The Junior also doesn't get or stay as hot as the others and it hits nearly identical to the OG AND you don't need a large torch like you do with the others...but that's just my :2c:

Adobewan

The supreme and the Elev8R are good vapes and I enjoy both...but as an introduction into the brick line up I'd say go for the junior.

you can get a GonG for it to connect it to water and it is great for pocket travel as well as using while out and about. you can't do that with either of the aforementioned.

The Junior also doesn't get or stay as hot as the others and it hits nearly identical to the OG AND you don't need a large torch like you do with the others...but that's just my :2c:
Ditto! The Jr rocks! Highly recommended.

Mozy

Solo II, Flipbrick, Elev8r
Bought one this week cause I wanted one for a long time. had 2 bowls, absolutely loved the taste. I ended up combusting the 2nd bowl at the end cause I was high and looking at a video and not paying attention, stupid of me.

Ive used a torchlighter I had around and it had to go pretty far in to get results. Pretty far as in the flame was touching the top of the bend on the intake in order to produce vapor. When holding it near the entrance it did absolutely nothing. Ive also orderd some Butane cause my last refill was spent on a candle lighter and want to use the lighter that came with the flipbrick tomorrow. It seems like the lighter you get with the product is more powerful than the one I used yesterday.

Im curious who in here uses the stock lighter and what kind of positioning do you use when vaping?

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Has the restriction disk thing improve the learning curve of the flip brick? That's the only thing stopping me from getting one
If you already have a brick go for it. If it is your first, dont buy. This is a beautiful but very inconsistent one. I thought bricks were trash vapes based in my experience with the flip but i used a sbjr and ohh mama that one is good

scion34

@Diggy Smalls Yeah, I've got some discs on the way to me to see if they help with consistency with the Flip. I hope they do because its been gathering dust for months now, I'll let you know!

I was hoping the same thing, the flip is the only vape I’ve bought that I regret. In my testing the discs not only didn’t help, but seemed to concentrate the heat even more into a hotspot in the center. I felt like they made it harder to find the vapor sweet spot as well. Love the discs with the Junior though.

razmakati

they need to make one of these that is just big enough to fit a hydra tube. Can't be that difficult, right? Just call it the flip xl or a flip 2 that can fit back together magnetically at different angles as well as hold a hydro tube.

ouxtrrwa2lv11.jpg

An f-bomb micro bubbler fits perfectly

caseball2051

I was also getting a hot spot when I first used the discs. Move the flame around a little. I

I was able to eliminate the hot spot doing this.

This vape is difficult to use but man the results are fantastic. It's reserved as my heavy hitter.

Using a jhook BTW

Last edited:

almost there

I was also getting a hot spot when I first used the discs. Move the flame around a little. I

I was able to eliminate the hot spot doing this.

This vape is difficult to use but man the results are fantastic. It's reserved as my heavy hitter.

Using a jhook BTW

I love all 3 bricks that I own, I’m sure i’d love the missing 2 brethren also but I favor the FB most since I’ve gotten it. That little monster just connects with me, I love the overall minimalist aspect of it too. It takes practice and combustion for me was very rare, I found a hydro brick with a HT much more difficult to guage

Last edited:

Shark-Style

I thought I wasted my money getting the flip as my first brick. Was hard to use even with restricter discs in. I had some success but usually ends with combustion after the third draw and the meterial still looked fine. Was really frustrating. Almost gave up on it until I came across some S&B dosing capsules. What a game changer. It was so easy to use after. Usually get 5-6 draws with one stir or I can push it with ease for one massive hit. These capsules should be coming standard with the Flip. It's a must have along with the disc. It's much more forgiving and user friendly. And it keeps everything alot cleaner.

If ur brick reeked of combustion like mine, I applied boiled linseed oil to the bowls. About 6-8 thin coats twice a day and it was like new again.

Hope this thread wakes up again with more success stories.

Top Bottom