1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Flip Brick by Sticky Brick Labs

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Slow Draw McGraw, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Hjalmark

Hjalmark Oldest boy alive

Yeah same here
    Was so obsessed with water when I started vaping but when you want more of a "pipe feel" then I think the Stickybrick's really delivers

Its the instant big cloud and thick thick vapor, and I am using hydrobrick with dry stem :D

Think at least one good torch vape is a must for anyone vaping

Edit: spend the last hour watching your videos, know I seen one way back but I missed out last months!!! Good job!!

2. mucsusn

mucsusn 60 going on 20

I watched your review and got the 18mm hook out this afternoon. PERFECT adjunct for the Flip! Moderate load, just had my 5th hit out of it, and there's more left. A day of working at home, so it's been Flip, WoodScents and Vapcap with concentrates. And some good beer. I'm going to try the 14mm tomorrow..... Life is good.....

3. jardri

jardri Vapor Dreams

Hello Slow Draw McGraw here in Spain there is a little tension due to unefficient politicians (nothing new) but well enough. Hope you in USA are a little better. I have tried with the lowest possible flame and went upwards and tried some flame positions. I have used my bong and the Plenty whip and never could get the whistle you hear when using a SBJr. Tried all the lighters i have even the triple one and different draw speeds but i only got little vapor or hotspots combustion but not the sweet spot. I may be clumsy but I used a SBJr and got it at the second hit so maybe its my unit. I can´t appreciate any deffect or difference between my unit and all the pictures i have seen neither a bad drilled hole or a rough edge. I post pictures below:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for the attention!!

Philreal187, Vapor_Eyes and Hjalmark like this.
  4. WakeAndVape

WakeAndVape VapeLife X

I think my obsession with water was manufactured...while I do like it in certain settings, i always thought waterless glass peices were gimmicky

I was wrong. I like being wrong though...its more exciting than being right all the time!

now I'm on a quest to J-Hook everything
    good stuff! that sounds like a nice rotation you have going there too, have you tried concentrates in the flip?

that faster/higher temp thing should get some good results there.

what 14mm j hook are you using? I have one, but I'm not a big fan of it...it feels almost too dainty and it scares me a little?

5. mucsusn

mucsusn 60 going on 20

Both of my J-hooks are from my local head shop (all of my glass is, except for one piece from a head shop in Ithaca, NY) They're almost twins except the 14mm is slightly smaller. Both have a nice substantial feel. I use the 18 with my WoodScents a lot, the 14 mainly with my underdogs, as I really like the 14mm NonG for microdosing. Busy today, but I will report back with the Flip/14mm combo.

[​IMG]

6. whoratio

whoratio New Member

I'm having about the same experience with it and my unit looks the same.

I do usually manage to get one or two good hits out of it, but it's always ruined by combustion or near combustion. Most of the time I get nothing, until I get a bit and then boom, combustion...

I really want to love it, but it's been a few weeks for me now and I just can't get the hang of it.

7. WakeAndVape

WakeAndVape VapeLife X

how far do you keep your flame?
    how full do you pack your load?
    have you tried speeding up your draw as soon as vapor starts to form to cool down the thermal mass?
    there are a few variables with this vape....most issues can be fixed with figuring out where the oversight in technique is

@mucsusn I like the shape of those sir...ill have to post my 14 a little later. it looks good with my lotus.

8. mucsusn

mucsusn 60 going on 20

Follow up on the 14mm J-hook........I think this will be my go to for this device. Either size works great,, but I like the slightly smaller size of the 14mm ergonomically. Easier to modulate than anything else I've tried with the Flip.

SloJimFizz and Vapor_Eyes like this.
  9. whoratio

whoratio New Member

how far do you keep your flame?
    I keep it around 1-2 inches away from the intake.
    how full do you pack your load?
    I pack it between 1/2 and 2/3 full.

I have tried speeding up my draw, and it does help. I'm coming back to this thread a couple weeks later, and I've had much better luck since.
    I've increased the flame length slightly (had it to the recommended ~1 inch before), and started listening more closely for that telltale whistle.

I still find that it takes me a while to hit the sweet spot and start generating vapor, but I've mostly managed to avoid combustion.

10. Vapor_Eyes

Vapor_Eyes unfiltered

It took me a while to find the sweet spot with my Flip Brick. It’s in a different spot than my Junior’s sweet spot so it was throwing me off. Once I found the sweet spot it was much easier to avoid combustion.

Lately I haven’t been using the Flip Brick much, I’ve been mostly using the OG Brick. Last weekend I decided to try the Flip dry with the straight intake. I thought it would make it easier to avoid combustion. I was surprised to see that the exact opposite was true. With the straight intake the line between vapor and smoke is razor thin. I found it almost impossible to use and quickly switched back to the bent intake.

I’ve been using the 18mm whip adaptor for the HydroBrick as a mouthpiece and it works surprisingly well. Visibility of the vapor is a little limited and the torch is closer to your face but it didn’t cause me any problems.

I also decided to try using the torch with the flame perpendicular to the intake. It works ok with the Honest single jet torch, increasing the flame length helps. Then I tried it with my Vertigo Cyclone triple torch and have had amazing results!

I keep the flames pointed sideways, going across the intake instead of going into the intake. I get the torch very close to the intake, sometimes almost touching it. Sometimes I angle it towards the intake just a tiny bit.

Using this technique seems to be much easier to get those big hits without combustion. I’d go so far as to say it would be hard to combust with this method. I’ve pushed it very hard and only got some very mild scorching but no combustion at all.

I use a medium to fast draw speed. The interesting thing about this method is that a stronger draw speed seems to bring more heat into the intake. So I would recommend a slower draw speed at first while you get familiar with the technique.

To those of you with multi jet lighters give this technique a try and let me know what you think.

11. Schroedinger

Schroedinger Sober and stoned

@Vapor_Eyes I do not own a Brick but a vapocane and a dreamwood dlx m and I find the perpendicular heating the best in both of them both in terms of taste, avoiding of charring and getting fast and thick hits. My quad-flame torch produces the fastest and easiest hits.

SloJimFizz, Vapor_Eyes and Hjalmark like this.
  12. Hjalmark

Hjalmark Oldest boy alive

Same here! Got the hydrobrick and did not get good with it until I bought a double flame torch

Faster passes and further away instead slow and thoughtfully as in with single flame one

Vapor_Eyes likes this.
  13. TRDreviews

TRDreviews Vaked

Dropped a review on TRDreviews.com the other day, as well as a quick youtube video! If you're on mobile and would rather use instagram you can click here

Click to play YouTube Video

Vapor_Eyes and Stu like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors