• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Flip Brick by Sticky Brick Labs

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Don't the flip and the jr use the same bent flame intake? Same glass length etc, same flame distance from the bowl? What exactly makes the flip more easy to combust? Not having a metal insert above the bowl, like the jr?

I feel like Im missing something?

Jr has a carb hole that helps control heat, different form factor can make aiming easier (I actually like it more than my original DaisyBrick) and I believe the Flip bowl is slightly smaller though they all use the same screen size (Brick has biggest bowl, but very similar) also seems the intake is a little different as well, but hand made glass to glass could be the reason I've noticed that from the photos here vs my Jr

scion34

To everyone having issues you might try this: You could be way too close and weak with the flame, I've seen many recommend a 1/4" inner flame and sticking it right into the intake, this just did not work for me, by the time I found the sweet spot this way I was always out of breath. Im having far better luck with my torch set pretty high, just under a one inch inner flame, or what you'd normally use for a OG Brick or Lotus, and holding it quite far away from the bent intake, probally around 3" or 4". Any closer and you'll for sure combust. Once I found my sweet spot with a stronger flame it's finally chucking clouds like I hoped for! :brow::rockon:

sirwalter

Jr has a carb hole that helps control heat, different form factor can make aiming easier (I actually like it more than my original DaisyBrick) and I believe the Flip bowl is slightly smaller though they all use the same screen size (Brick has biggest bowl, but very similar) also seems the intake is a little different as well, but hand made glass to glass could be the reason I've noticed that from the photos here vs my Jr

I was mostly confused why the flip would behave differently than the jr+the water attachment. From what I can tell most people cork the jr's carb when using it with water. Im pretty certain they both use the same intake. I think the 3/8" difference is the cause.

Shit Snacks

I was mostly confused why the flip would behave differently than the jr+the water attachment. From what I can tell most people cork the jr's carb when using it with water. Im pretty certain they both use the same intake. I think the 3/8" difference is the cause.

I dono the intakes here definitely look different than my late production Jr... I also always use the carb, water or dry, never corked it. I definitely prefer carbs vs my direct torch convection vapes that don't have them, but they also don't have a fresh air intake like the Flip, so I may be fine with that, I did used to cover all 3 holes on my Lily in water, but I would still tap the back one like a carb even then. For me it helps get that proper air turbulence that creates great vapor with a versatile inhale so you can pull the torch in right

sirwalter

I dono the intakes here definitely look different than my late production Jr... I also always use the carb, water or dry, never corked it. I definitely prefer carbs vs my direct torch convection vapes that don't have them, but they also don't have a fresh air intake like the Flip, so I may be fine with that, I did used to cover all 3 holes on my Lily in water, but I would still tap the back one like a carb even then. For me it helps get that proper air turbulence that creates great vapor with a versatile inhale so you can pull the torch in right

Im not sure what if any changes have been made to jr's but I have two of them and I would say the bent intake on both of mine look just like the one in this pic. (hope my pic works..Im terrible at this)

http://imgur.com/a/J1cI7
J1cI7

Im kind of curious, if the flip does use a different intake, is that part available? I only see the bent jr intake and the straight intake listed.

Shit Snacks

Im not sure what if any changes have been made to jr's but I have two of them and I would say the bent intake on both of mine look just like the one in this pic. (hope my pic works..Im terrible at this)

http://imgur.com/a/J1cI7
J1cI7

Im kind of curious, if the flip does use a different intake, is that part available? I only see the bent jr intake and the straight intake listed.

Maybe they have changed with rolling upgrades and are now a new standard? That one definitely has a shorter top part of the intake than my Jr, more like my beta Jr even (which I struggled with, but this one does look better than that)

Simple10

Member, you member riiiight?
Wow I should of waited for this instead of getting the Maxx. The whip connector made it very cumbersome and annoying when using smaller lighter WP's

Is the draw resistance any different than with the Hydrobrick? Does it use the same 18mm WP connector?

Last edited:

sirwalter

Maybe they have changed with rolling upgrades and are now a new standard? That one definitely has a shorter top part of the intake than my Jr, more like my beta Jr even (which I struggled with, but this one does look better than that)

I checked with Sticky Brick, both the Flip and the Junior use the same intake. Maybe earlier versions of the Jr are different, Im not sure.

I need to finally get a Flip, Im really curious to test it out.

VisiblyVaped

So.........basically some shit that wasn't working was only semi user error and semi a bad torch and a glass intake with a tiny crack.
I've been ripping this thing and barely combusting more often than not. Would have never discovered this had it not been for a fluke basketball injury forcing me to switch angles and light it from another direction with my non dominant hand

But. .....for microdosing, what's up on the SB caps I remember being discussed?

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I'm glad you got it figured out @VisiblyVaped! I figured there had to be something weird involved to give you that much trouble.

You should be able to microdose just fine without S&B capsules. Use enough material to cover your screen, and make your torch a little stronger or move it closer to the intake. I've had good results in my OG and Junior with a load weighing only .03 grams.

VisiblyVaped

I'm glad you got it figured out @VisiblyVaped! I figured there had to be something weird involved to give you that much trouble.

You should be able to microdose just fine without S&B capsules. Use enough material to cover your screen, and make your torch a little stronger or move it closer to the intake. I've had good results in my OG and Junior with a load weighing only .03 grams.

I've been using it consistently and while I can use it like you mentioned, I get best results with a third to a half pack.

Plus aren't they a little more forgiving in the combustion sense?

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I've never used an S&B capsule myself. I could see how they would be more forgiving in regards to combustion.

I get best results with a fuller chamber but the Sticky Brick vapes are still capable of microdosing. I could see the S&B capsules adding a little conduction which might help produce bigger clouds while microdosing.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
I've been ripping this daily as well. Can still get a little skid mark or small hot spot if I get to cocky with it.
I like the capsules, but prefer and get my best results with a fuller bowl that I can stir and keep an eye on how far to push a load.
My offer to send you a couple capsules still stands @VisiblyVaped Glad to see you tamed the little beast.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I have never used the dosing caps regularly with my other brick models.

with the flip, I think not wanting to foul the screens with combustion smoke any longer made me switch .

it does take some of the heat away as well as some of the robust effects that come with a full pack but, loading it twice does the trick for me.

maybe I should try no DC now that I have gotten combustion under control...

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
maybe I should try no DC now that I have gotten combustion under control...
You just jinxed the fuck out of yourself.
That first loads gonna fire up like a Roman candle. :D
I had been vassing hard for a SB Jr., but my vape funds headed another direction, so this will be my only Brick for awhile.
Maybe one day, but I'm more than happy with the Flip.

djchexxx

I've been ripping this daily as well. Can still get a little skid mark or small hot spot if I get to cocky with it.
I like the capsules, but prefer and get my best results with a fuller bowl that I can stir and keep an eye on how far to push a load.
My offer to send you a couple capsules still stands @VisiblyVaped Glad to see you tamed the little beast.
I feel you on this, I thought it was odd that I would easily scorch with a small load (barely covering the screen), but when I fully loaded it, it seems harder to scorch. I also switched from grinding fine, to coarse to help w/ scorching.

I think people need to be patient with this vape. Out of all the butane vapes i've tried this one has to have the hardest learning curve. Im thinking of adding washers to the intake like someone else here. I honestly believe if the intake were 1/2in taller there would be 0 scorching problems.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
You just jinxed the fuck out of yourself.
That first loads gonna fire up like a Roman candle. :D
I had been vassing hard for a SB Jr., but my vape funds headed another direction, so this will be my only Brick for awhile.
Maybe one day, but I'm more than happy with the Flip.
that's why I didn't try it yet...as soon as I posted it, I thought the same thing.

...i hate being slightly superstitious :doh::rofl:

I feel you on this, I thought it was odd that I would easily scorch with a small load (barely covering the screen), but when I fully loaded it, it seems harder to scorch. I also switched from grinding fine, to coarse to help w/ scorching.

I think people need to be patient with this vape. Out of all the butane vapes i've tried this one has to have the hardest learning curve. Im thinking of adding washers to the intake like someone else here. I honestly believe if the intake were 1/2in taller there would be 0 scorching problems.
when the screen is barley covered, there are spots where there is less coverage.

those spots will suck the heat through faster and char the areas around those spots faster

a full bowl (unless you have a flawed technique) will not have these hotspots and make vaporization more thorough

if you pack it too full it will cook the top while leaving the bottom green and when you mix it it will taste spent but still produce.

Top Bottom