• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Firefly Vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

masaki

I have never tried concentrates in my firefly but if it's only concentrates your using I might suggest something specifically for that purpose, lots to choose from, here are just a few...

I have a dabstorm and compared to a dab IMO there is more draw restriction but better flavour.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dabstorm-ceramic-dab-pen.19538/

This is probably as close to a dab you can get but is brand new, I don't have one but based on the fact it's basically a nail with bubbler.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/n...-in-glass-bubbler-by-green-light-vapes.19635/

These two are similar to the dabstorm but probably easier to get hold of in the U.S.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/source-orb-pen-vape.16295/

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-dr-dabber-pen.10680/

Things like these will give much better battery life than the firefly and most are a lot more stealthy if that's important, I'm sure others will be along to comment on use with the firefly but I'm not sure too many members have used concentrates (in the firefly anyways)

Anyway just to keep (or get back on topic) my firefly is still going great, I've changed from a 5 second preheat to 10 seconds and removed the screen and now use the lid part of a ELB instead, loving it so far able to finish a bowl in two hits :science:
Thanks for the response! I've seen that portable enail from green light vapes get a lot of attention lately. But I'm looking for something more trust worthy than these mass produced vapes from China. The FF with concentrate pad seems like the closest thing to a portable dab without sacrificing flavor.

masaki,

garymon

Thanks for the response! I've seen that portable enail from green light vapes get a lot of attention lately. But I'm looking for something more trust worthy than these mass produced vapes from China. The FF with concentrate pad seems like the closest thing to a portable dab without sacrificing flavor.

I have had the FF since it was first released and find it great for flowers.

When the concentrate pads came out I snagged some. It used a ton of material, I didn't feel much effect and then I spent forever trying to clean the residue out of the bowl and little crevasses. Never again. Not good for concentrates.

My daily concentrate rig is a 710 domeless on a Hi Si bubbler which is about the most affordable nail I have found without buying from DHGate.

Like others I recently snagged the G9 He-Nail linked above for when I need portability. I like it. I like it a lot. It's a smidge less effective than my desktop rig but blows away any pen I have ever used and blows away the FF. There are now US sellers if you don't want to deal with Chinese sellers. They are listed throughout the thread listed above.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Anybody have a time-line for how long repairs usually take?
They are usually pretty fast....most of the time they ship out a replacement within three biz days of getting the faulty unit. I'm not sure what the official policy is but that's been my experience.

mitchgo61,
Reactions: nacho257

Astedra

I just bought a firefly they have 20 percent off Black Friday sale until Monday and you get a free extra cover. Yay new vape!

This won't be my main vape so I'm hoping the terrible battery life won't bother me too much. I read some bad reviews mostly about the weak battery. Plus me thinks if I charge it after every use it should be ok as it charges in less then an hour.

Last edited:

mitchgo61

I just bought a firefly they have 20 percent off Black Friday sale until Monday and you get a free extra cover. Yay new vape!

This won't be my main vape so I'm hoping the terrible battery life won't bother me too much. I read some bad reviews mostly about the weak battery. Plus me thinks if I charge it after every use it should be ok as it charges in less then an hour.

The newer batteries are quite good...you will probably be pleasantly surprised.

mitchgo61,
Reactions: garymon

Vakas

Product Name Price Qty Subtotal
Subtotal $379.95
Discount -$127.99
Shipping & Handling (Free Shipping - Free) $0.00
Tax $0.00
Grand Total $251.96
Firefly
Color
Silver
Voltage
US (110V)
$269.95 1 $269.95
Extra Battery
$30.00 1 $30.00
External Charger
$30.00 1 $30.00
Red Top Cover
$35.00 1 $35.00
AC Adapter
$15.00 1 $15.00

Not a bad deal.. My last firefly broke after 3-4 months of use.

It just tastes sooo damnnn gooooodd.....

cancertoast

The newer batteries are quite good...you will probably be pleasantly surprised.
Are they not 750mAh? My battery is an original, almost 2 years old. The charge was never great, but now it drains more quickly. have been looking to get a new one.

ed: 770 mAh. Average of about 45-50minutes now? That is a huge improvement if true.

Last edited:
cancertoast,

mitchgo61

Are they not 750mAh? My battery is an original, almost 2 years old. The charge was never great, but now it drains more quickly. have been looking to get a new one.

ed: 770 mAh. Average of about 45-50minutes now? That is a huge improvement if true.

Yep 770s are the new ones. Couldn't tell you in elapsed time, but when I did a comparison test I got about 2X the hits from the new batts as from the old ones. There's a bunch of posts on this subject some pages (and months) back....

garymon

So I was going to strongly recommend you get a second battery and external charger but I see now they have improved the battery life. I love the FF but the original battery always died before a session was done and since it doesn't have pass through charging it was always very frustrating to wait for it to recharge. So give the new battery a try. You can always get an extra battery later depending on how it performs for you. I actually have three batteries so during a session I have one in the FF, one charged and ready to swap in and a third charging. I can then rotate for as long as I need with friends and not worry of running short.

Side note: I bought a set of the FF dabbing pads and felt it wasted a lot of concentrate but only produced a mild buzz and yet made a huge mess. So you might skip those if you feel tempted. Stick to flowers and you will be very happy.

Astedra

I plan to pick up an extra battery but I don't see them being sold other then from the firefly website. Also the charger.

Astedra,

Vakas

I just created a ticket with Firefly about my older unit which broke. I don't have the receipt for it but was purchased at a local vape shop. Hopefully they will honor their 5 year warranty specially since it hasnt even been 5 years since their release.

Vakas,

Astedra

Oh man 2 failed delivery attempts and now only Monday. This is why I payed 42 $ shipping.

Vape world carries the new batteries.

Last edited:
Astedra,

hafalump

Out and about this weekend. Haven't really pushed the new batts yet, but I was able to get 5 bowls of
5-6 large draws from one charge. Discreet when used properly. Challenging to load on the go, but in low wind conditions there is no problem.

jim-bob

I think I'd take my firefly out of the house a lot more often if they'd added some kind of battery meter or even a 'low' warning before you just hit the jackpot and have no power at all. It frustrated me too many times to ever make it into walkabout rotation.

Astedra

I bought some extra batteries but even this way it would be nice to see a battery indicator.

I ordered extra batteries from vape world Canada they said they are 770 mah. I just received my firefly and it came with 750 mah battery. I can only get 2 sessions out of this. I ordered directly from firefly hoping they ship with the new battery but no. Disappointed.

Last edited:
Astedra,

hafalump

yes 5 bowls.6 heavy hits each . hitting hard material may change this......
was afraid to be away from my nano. but nice portable!

If you call FF they will comp you battery

hafalump,

Vakas

I bought some extra batteries but even this way it would be nice to see a battery indicator.

I ordered extra batteries from vape world Canada they said they are 770 mah. I just received my firefly and it came with 750 mah battery. I can only get 2 sessions out of this. I ordered directly from firefly hoping they ship with the new battery but no. Disappointed.

Same here, I emailed them and awaiting a response. Lets see.

Vakas,

Astedra

Ok my new 770 batteries have arrived and I just finished off a session with the firefly. I combusted a couple of times before so now I don't pre heat just take an extra long first hit. Works very well. Got lung busting hits I don't know about that guy that said he got no vapour must be a faulty one because mine if you take a long pull and I mean long over 10 seconds then your lungs fill up.

Dharma_Bum

yes 5 bowls.6 heavy hits each . hitting hard material may change this......
was afraid to be away from my nano. but nice portable!

If you call FF they will comp you battery

Hey folks, I don't know how you guys do it UNLESS I've been doing it totally wrong...

Here's how it works for me:

1. Coarse grind with a Santa Cruz Shredder

2. Loose pack about 100 milligrams per bowl. This should be about one even bowl, maybe a bit more but not too much that when it expands it fills the whole compartment. You need to be able to shake it.

3. 10-20 second button ON, pull, button OFF, CONTINUE for 10-15 seconds, exhale. I don't bother to pre-heat, just take a gentler but longer drag.

4. Depending on the herb I can do this for up to 22 tokes.

The best flavored ones are from 2 to 10. After the first dozen or so I need to lean in a bit more, going to 15-20 second pulls. Be careful not to go beyond 20 seconds as there is a risk of combustion but YMMV.

The ABV should be evenly dark, almost black. I have encountered weed that doesn't seem to get much darker though.

I don't use a top screen nor do I even open up the FF and stir up the bowl. Shaken, not stirred.

So here's the part that I don't get. After those 20+ tokes from that one bowl, I'm pretty well baked and good to go for the next TWO hours.

I mean, yeah I can maybe do two bowls at a session easily but...

FIVE bowls?

Dharma_Bum,

hafalump

No no those five bowls were the life of one charge on new batts. Old one was good for maybe 2 if lucky.

hafalump,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom