Discontinued The Firefly Vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiniqua

I've had a Firefly since November and love it. Only problem has been battery life (of course). One of the two I originally bought has always been crappy (6 or 7 draws max) and finally just broke. I spoke to (Firefly) customer service and they sent me a new 770 battery for free and oh. my. god. What a difference. I've done three complete bowls on it over 48 hrs., and it's still going. Probably over 35 draws so far.

UnshavenFish

I've had a Firefly since November and love it. Only problem has been battery life (of course). One of the two I originally bought has always been crappy (6 or 7 draws max) and finally just broke. I spoke to (Firefly) customer service and they sent me a new 770 battery for free and oh. my. god. What a difference. I've done three complete bowls on it over 48 hrs., and it's still going. Probably over 35 draws so far.

Don't you just love the magic elves in the 770's :D seems like they have stopped drinking as much and started learning new magic :clap:

I feel sorry for people that know nothing about FC :doh: sitting at home disappointed with their firefly...oh the joy they are missing out on.

malanbalan

I sold mine. First one combusted. 3 bad batteries Secomd ff did not combust battery life sucked big time. Got new more amped batteries still kind a sucked. Taste may be good but Battery life is not good and it is not that portable. Too much of a pain to use, loading unloading etc.

malanbalan,

Vape 4 Life

Fun, Joy, Happiness & Progress. Cannabis.
Hi All you All. Hope all is well. I have a few questions below.

1. I'm considering a FF. Can you see the glow when heating up in daylight/out doors? Not in direct sunlight, but in the shade or inside a car.

2. For those of you who have experienced/own both; FF & Lotus stem. Is the inhale speed technique the same/similar ? Slow draw on the Lotus for higher temp/thicker vapor. Faster draw = lower temp/thin vapor.

I appreciate this forum & the input.

Vape 4 Life,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Hi All you All. Hope all is well. I have a few questions below.

1. I'm considering a FF. Can you see the glow when heating up in daylight/out doors? Not in direct sunlight, but in the shade or inside a car.

Yes. It's easier the darker it is, but the orange glow is visible in daylight, both through the glass window over the bowl, and through the six vents that create the air path. I'm sitting in a sun-drenched room right now and I can see the glow in my FF plainly.

Never used a Lotus so I can't help with that, but I'm not ignoring you. ;)

The NANO in plastic would be fine.

I'm waiting for EDA's "Show Us Your Plastic" thread to appear in the Lounge. I'd start it myself but I've only created one thread in 5 1/2 years and he has so much more practice at it. Maybe kick it off with a poll? (Or pole, if you have enough plastic...) :rofl::p

lazylathe

Almost there...
My FireFly has been seeing a LOT of use this past week!
Mainly my go to vape at the moment.
Great flavour, reasonably fast to finish a session and easy to clean!

I can do a sprinkling of herb to a full bowl, a few shakes in between hits and the ABV can go as dark as black. I tend to stop before then as the taste is not good!
Doing a 30 second preheat is a good idea, even with my 770 battery, second heat is the hit and it is delicious and effective!

Samz

I get a flashing blue light but then it changes to solid red. This is in the charger.

I have to try different scenarios to see what's going on with battery, battery charger, and unit.

It did produce vap but so who knows. Will do more research and call customer service.

Have to say that I like the idea of having both Pax2 and FF. In situations with newbies, pax2 is easy bc it tells you when you are ready.
First thanks to those posters who tried to help - I did try charging using both FF and external unit - both had battery turning solid red - this was a brand new replacement battery.

Tried unit out with new battery - sure enough did not make it through a single bowl - got a couple of hits ABV is barely brown.

Frankly I am thinking the FF is a POS. for the $$$ I want consistency not bad battery after bad battery.

I am sure you all are having good experiences but mine have sucked.

Could not and would not recommend this to anyone. I think the paid sites are total bs.

Samz,
Reactions: ataxian

grokit

well-worn member
First thanks to those posters who tried to help - I did try charging using both FF and external unit - both had battery turning solid red - this was a brand new replacement battery.

Tried unit out with new battery - sure enough did not make it through a single bowl - got a couple of hits ABV is barely brown.

Frankly I am thinking the FF is a POS. for the $$$ I want consistency not bad battery after bad battery.

I am sure you all are having good experiences but mine have sucked.

Could not and would not recommend this to anyone. I think the paid sites are total bs.
Sounds like you may have a dud on your hands, that's a bummer for sure.

If I was you I would see if I could exchange for another unit, as there's a lot of variability between models. Just politely explain your dissatisfaction with it, firefly seems pretty cool about repairs and such.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

If I was you I would see if I could exchange for another unit, as there's a lot of variability between models. Just politely explain your dissatisfaction with it, firefly seems pretty cool about repairs and such.
Mine works fine!
A little bit of learning curve however it's part of my ritual now!

mitchgo61

Grokit is right, your unit is the problem, not the batteries. There are some bad units. Just call FF and they'll replace it. When you have one that works, you will love it. Just get a replacement. You are covered for five years, and believe me, FF have sent plenty of replacements out, and created many happy users.

jrk4d

Ordered my firefly yesterday. 240 for everything. Extra battery and charger. Pretty stoked not gonna lie.. Not worried a bit about performance. Company seems too be willing to fix any problems with units. ESV seems to have similar quirks but also had company that stands behind product. Has anyone ordered an extra battery and received the 750? I know dime 750s are still out there in some new ffs. But I haven't heard anyone report not getting the 770s when the extra battery is ordered

Samz

Grokit is right, your unit is the problem, not the batteries. There are some bad units. Just call FF and they'll replace it. When you have one that works, you will love it. Just get a replacement. You are covered for five years, and believe me, FF have sent plenty of replacements out, and created many happy users.
Thanks for the suggestions. Since I have the same problem charging the new 770 battery in unit or in charger, I elected to try a new battery. Shipped old one back today and will update once new battery arrives - not that anyone should care at this point - snoozzzzzz.
If new 770 does not fix problem, i will exchange the units - thanks to all ...grokit, mitchgo61, and ataxian for advice. And frankly for listening because I am starting to bore myself.

Ordered my firefly yesterday. 240 for everything. Extra battery and charger. Pretty stoked not gonna lie.. Not worried a bit about performance. Company seems too be willing to fix any problems with units. ESV seems to have similar quirks but also had company that stands behind product. Has anyone ordered an extra battery and received the 750? I know dime 750s are still out there in some new ffs. But I haven't heard anyone report not getting the 770s when the extra battery is ordered
Got the same deal last Thursday, super fast shipping and have been enjoying it since Saturday! Both batteries are 770s and I've had no problems so far. A huge upgrade in build and vapor quality over the original VaporBlunt Pinnacle I had been using, if a little less portable. Almost got a Pax 2, but for my usage style, I'm glad I went with the Firefly.

mitchgo61

Thanks for the suggestions. Since I have the same problem charging the new 770 battery in unit or in charger, I elected to try a new battery. Shipped old one back today and will update once new battery arrives - not that anyone should care at this point - snoozzzzzz.
If new 770 does not fix problem, i will exchange the units - thanks to all ...grokit, mitchgo61, and ataxian for advice. And frankly for listening because I am starting to bore myself.

We like talking vapes here. Not boring in the least. I hate hearing about FF dissatisfaction so I'm happy to do whatever I can to help fellow vapists. Good luck and keep us informed...and don't sweat it, FF will get you up and vaping happy one way or another. :nod:

petey

Just an update on my too-much-resistance problem (which Mitch, primarily, was helping me think through): I've been biding my time, trying to figure out whether I could become happy with this unit -- also trying every kind of technique, grind, etc. Since Firefly had already replaced my first unit, which worked wonderfully but had a strange flickering light, I'd been kind of dreading the proposition of another exchange. But I finally realized I would never be happy with this one, especially since I know the pleasures of well-functioning Firefly. Happily, Patrick at Firefly did not hesitate to offer a quick-turnaround replacement, so, hopefully, the third one will be the charm.

Since people say there are natural variations among units, I'm still not sure if my current one is actually faulty, or just on the extreme edge of the spectrum when it comes to temperature and draw resistance. What I do know is that the only way I've been able to get by with it is to clean it completely every evening, including under the screen -- yet still the draw is too hard, and the taste is sour after the first inhalation. So my guess is that some sort of variance is incorrect -- maybe too much or too little space at the bottom of the bowl. I does strike me as strange that such a precision product made out of hard materials would vary significantly from unit to unit. But I'm looking forward to receiving my replacement in a few days. Maybe Firefly will be collecting data on all the returned units to help them minimize such variations/flaws in their next version.

maxe

I was having bad issues with my FF and just got my new battery and that has got it working again so that's good news, the bad news is they sent me a 750 battery after telling me I needed to buy a new battery that will last twice as long as the old one, the 770 I assume, so I'm not happy about that at all.

Just if forum peeps could definitely make it clear so I know for sure, do the new batteries say 770 on the back?

maxe,

VAPORIZER22

I was having bad issues with my FF and just got my new battery and that has got it working again so that's good news, the bad news is they sent me a 750 battery after telling me I needed to buy a new battery that will last twice as long as the old one, the 770 I assume, so I'm not happy about that at all.

Just if forum peeps could definitely make it clear so I know for sure, do the new batteries say 770 on the back?

The new batteries do say 770 on the back. I had the same issue when I received my order. Firefly customer service is outstanding. I called and left a message, they called back in less than 5 minutes, and an hour later I had shipping notice for a new 770 battery. Give them a call I'm sure that will sort you out.

VAPORIZER22,

maxe

Its namastevape I have been dealing with as I'm In Australia, I did initially speak to FF directly and they referred me to namastevape as I'm not in the US or Canada.

But yes I'm not happy having shelled out $ for a 750 when everyone has a 770 and I know from experience the 750 wont last that long given my experience so far.

maxe,

StonedPerk

Light up the world
I had a 750 battery and it didn't hold charge it made my FF combust 1 time which was cr AZ y so I just sent in the battery then vape world sent me a 770 replacement and ended up buying another one and it was worth it. Battery percentage last so much longer before you have to charge but by then you wil be highly medicated especially if its just you alone draining the battery completely.If u actually know how to use it as in press the button wait 4 or 6 seconds then you inhale slowly for more vapor or inhale faster for less vapor but as u do so u continue to hold the button as u never once let go of it until the light actually stops blinking then continue to draw. That 4 or 6 seconds of holding the button and not inhaling is that heat up time everybody wants but remember it isn't heating whats inside untill u start to draw. That 770 battery is worth every penny especially at 25 bucks with that 420 discount at FF or Vaporworld. Idk if I could ever find anyth I ng portable close to FF, I don't even think mighty or crafty is better but then again I wouldn't know so if anybody has a mighty crafty and firefly lemme know your opinion on vapor vapor quality etc etc.

Last edited:
StonedPerk,
The FF is just THE BEST convection vapour period!

Got it 4 months now and still rocking! That coil re-alignment never caused a single bit of (near) combustion for me ever! No matter how hard I suck on it!

Not sure if the FF has a break in period, but with a full bowl i can get like 7-8 draws now with big clouds, and for some weird reason i have none of the ABV issues with uneven cooking. All my stuffz is evenly brown/yellowish after use. The only thing i do is after the 3rd draw i press the material back down (no stirring to get the top stuff on the bottom) and thats pretty much it.

I just cant manage to get it black lol.
I dont thnk i even want a FF2 this device is just near perfect!

I suspect i have a relatively 'cold' device overall, hence why i can still take good hits after the 5/6th draw. I might have to suck slghtly longer on it thwn the average user but its better than having a device running too hot!

Btw, does anyone know how long a coil can last for? Like.. its lifetime cycles?
When i used to use vaporizer pens those coils just popped like crazy, also light bulbs have a limited lifetime expectation right? Though most bulbs have a significant lifetime in hours well beyond 10 years of FF usage i suspect in comparison

The only complaint i have left is the screen being too small for the bottom chamber But i suppose they done that so people can take them out more easily. Would it be possible to leave the screen out permanently? What advantages/disadvantages wukd that give other than more oven chamber volume?

Cheers!

Last edited:
Marctraider,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom