Discontinued The Firefly Vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnicus

I found out they restocked on batteries a day before I got the email via random website refresh. lol
I didn't know how long their stock of batteries was gonna last, so I'm now a new owner of a brand new ff premium package. .as soon as it gets shipped. heh.

looking forward to trying it out. .this will definitely make my trip to Chicago a bit more interesting now.

studmuffin

Concentrate pad update # 3 : I obtained some spectacular Shwax. It is Blueberry Grape Ape, @ 93.5 % THC & 7.1 % CBD. " Son, this will knock yer dick in the dirt ". Schwengggggggggg !!!!!! Anyhoo, I placed a tiny little sliver of it on the pad, like half the size of a grain of uncooked rice. I press the heat button for 1 green light blink, then I heat/draw until the heat cycle times out in about 30 seconds. On draw # 2, I wait one blink, then draw for 30 seconds, but only depress the heat button for 5 blinks. Draw # 3, 4 blinks of heat cycle, and so on down to zero heat button and 30 second draw. The result ? " Shit the bed, Ted ". For real. Mmmmmmmmm, . . . , testify ! :science:

BlueSkyUSA

Hey Guys- If you are worried about purchasing a FireFly thru your local head shop and having to go thru VapeWorld to get it fixed or replaced, I'm here to say you don't have to worry. Mailed my FireFly on a Wednesday to VapeWorld and received an email Monday morning I had a new FireFly on my way with 2 day air! Really nice and efficient customer service!

BlueSkyUSA,

Seasoned Senior

The 770 I recently purchased is definitely hot. I admit, my hands are sensitive to heat, but I can barely hold my FF at the end of a session.

Seasoned Senior,
Reactions: nacho257

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Ordered from firefly direct!

That is not right. I bet one of the warehouses screwed up and sent old stock. Send them email or call them Monday and tell them to send you a 770 dammit!! :mad:

The 770 I recently purchased is definitely hot. I admit, my hands are sensitive to heat, but I can barely hold my FF at the end of a session.

Interesting, I haven't noticed the new batteries making my FFs run hotter. If you have a glass table or surface, set it down for like 30 seconds and it cools right off. First law of thermodynamics is good for something!;)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
That is not right. I bet one of the warehouses screwed up and sent old stock. Send them email or call them Monday and tell them to send you a 770 dammit!! :mad:

Interesting, I haven't noticed the new batteries making my FFs run hotter. If you have a glass table or surface, set it down for like 30 seconds and it cools right off. First law of thermodynamics is good for something!;)
I will call Monday!
If they make it right OK!
They decide.

Last edited:

maxe

My firefly has been wonderful but I have an issue and I'm not sure if its the battery or the unit, so please let me know if anyone else has had this problem, I only have one battery BTW.

When my firefly is showing fully charged I take out the power cord turn it on and it heats up, when I go to draw on it it instantly goes dead as if the battery is not charged and fully drained, not even a red warning light just dead, now at first I thought maybe the charger wasn't plugged in correctly or something so I re charged it and it then worked, but over the last three weeks this issue has got worse and what happens is that the unit dies after several seconds of use once fully recharged but if I plug it back in for around 5 seconds then disconnect it again it works a full cycle no problem, but now after time I have to do this three maybe up to five times keep re attaching the power cord for 5 seconds or so until the unit works a full cycle, so now my unit is not at all a unit you can take anywhere away from the power cord, any ideas what's causing this, have I got a faulty unit? IMHO the weakest point on these things is that crappy loose thin metal pin where the power cord plugs into it.

maxe,
Reactions: ataxian

mitchgo61

My firefly has been wonderful but I have an issue and I'm not sure if its the battery or the unit, so please let me know if anyone else has had this problem, I only have one battery BTW.

When my firefly is showing fully charged I take out the power cord turn it on and it heats up, when I go to draw on it it instantly goes dead as if the battery is not charged and fully drained, not even a red warning light just dead, now at first I thought maybe the charger wasn't plugged in correctly or something so I re charged it and it then worked, but over the last three weeks this issue has got worse and what happens is that the unit dies after several seconds of use once fully recharged but if I plug it back in for around 5 seconds then disconnect it again it works a full cycle no problem, but now after time I have to do this three maybe up to five times keep re attaching the power cord for 5 seconds or so until the unit works a full cycle, so now my unit is not at all a unit you can take anywhere away from the power cord, any ideas what's causing this, have I got a faulty unit? IMHO the weakest point on these things is that crappy loose thin metal pin where the power cord plugs into it.

Is your battery one of the old 750s? If so, it's probably the battery.

Best bet is get one of the new 770 batteries. Give FF a call and get a new one. (If your unit is only a few months old they may be nice and send you a free one, but if not it's worth buying one.)

If you need a new battery, while you wait for it to arrive, there may be a stop-gap solution for you: when your freshly-charged battery throws a red light immediately, try just toggling the FF switch off, and then on again. That may be all you need to do to coax a full cycle from it.

UnshavenFish

Damn...was just writing the same thing...so yeah what @mitchgo61 said:tup:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Is your battery one of the old 750s? If so, it's probably the battery.

Best bet is get one of the new 770 batteries. Give FF a call and get a new one. (If your unit is only a few months old they may be nice and send you a free one, but if not it's worth buying one.)

If you need a new battery, while you wait for it to arrive, there may be a stop-gap solution for you: when your freshly-charged battery throws a red light immediately, try just toggling the FF switch off, and then on again. That may be all you need to do to coax a full cycle from it.
770 battery on its wày!

Can't wait to experience maximum flavor!

StonedPerk

Light up the world
770 battery on its wày!

Can't wait to experience maximum flavor!
I did that and for the first time ever my FF combusted it was crazy and awkward and it never has done that ever I think this 750 battery is a hazard to the ff. I only had mine since December 14 2014 so its only but 3 months old. I'm sending my battery in asap

StonedPerk,

lazylathe

Almost there...
@ChippyMalone

The FireFly has landed!!!!
I am now the second owner of this vape, Chippy being the first.

First session was not very successful... I have been too busy to read the entire thread and managed to jumble all the timings up... Very near combustion.

Second session i decided to read the "Best of..." thread, what a wonderful idea!!
Off to the FF and i load up the bowl, hold for 5 seconds, slow inhale for 10 to 15, let go of button and continue inhaling.
Exhaled a delicious cloud!!! Felt the "tickle" and knew something was going on during the inhale!
A few shakes and a stir and crumble, all in all about 6 hits off a small bowl.
I think this will be a wonderful maintenance vape!! Very fast and quite potent!

The silver spaceship is charging now, getting ready for many more rounds!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ChippyMalone

The FireFly has landed!!!!
I am now the second owner of this vape, Chippy being the first.

First session was not very successful... I have been too busy to read the entire thread and managed to jumble all the timings up... Very near combustion.

Second session i decided to read the "Best of..." thread, what a wonderful idea!!
Off to the FF and i load up the bowl, hold for 5 seconds, slow inhale for 10 to 15, let go of button and continue inhaling.
Exhaled a delicious cloud!!! Felt the "tickle" and knew something was going on during the inhale!
A few shakes and a stir and crumble, all in all about 6 hits off a small bowl.
I think this will be a wonderful maintenance vape!! Very fast and quite potent!

The silver spaceship is charging now, getting ready for many more rounds!
Are you using the new 770 mah battery?

nacho257

Setting it down on glass is such a smart idea. Thank you for that, my FF has also been getting too hot to hold and the end of a one bowl one person session. Any other tips for cooling them off?

nacho257,
Reactions: mitchgo61

maxe

Unfortunately my firefly has completely ceased to work, it just flashes green for 3 seconds which is enough to get a glow in the bowl but then that's it it just goes completely dead, I have contacted firefly and namastevapeaustralia and hope to get this resolved shortly. :argh:

maxe,

mitchgo61

Setting it down on glass is such a smart idea. Thank you for that, my FF has also been getting too hot to hold and the end of a one bowl one person session. Any other tips for cooling them off?

That's my best tip! Cold or cool glass. Took me a while to discover it, but one day, duh, I just set a very hot FF on our glass coffee table, and was surprised to feel it cool within seconds. I recommend carrying a glass table top with you wherever you go. :lol:

Unfortunately my firefly has completely ceased to work, it just flashes green for 3 seconds which is enough to get a glow in the bowl but then that's it it just goes completely dead, I have contacted firefly and namastevapeaustralia and hope to get this resolved shortly. :argh:

Does the light stay green and the bowl stops heating? Or do you get a fast red light?

If the latter, toggle off and on again and see if that fixes it for a full cycle. If it's the former, you probably have a dead heating coil...it's happened twice to me. FF will replace the unit for you in that case. Good luck!

mitchgo61,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom