Discontinued The Firefly Vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seasoned Senior

My newly purchased 770 definitely performs. In fact, the unit itself gets pretty warm to the touch. I use Iolite Wispr screens instead of Firefly screens. They definitely add heat because of the extra metal. With the 770 battery, I'm tempted to go back to the traditional Firefly screen.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I :lol:..it blows away the Solo flavor, in my opinion anyway. YMMV and all that, but for me, the FF is the flavor king. At our house, FF stands for Fantastic Flavor.
I WONDER?

The SOLO taste better and works with my water pipes!

I hope this new battery changes my mind?

When can I get a new battery?

ataxian,

UpUpnAway

Does anybody know if the 770 batteries now come with the Firefly if purchased new?

If it helps, I got a warranty replacement last month and it came with a 770. And it kicks ass. My old 750 battery still gives me false red lights even after fully charging immediately before a session, really slowing everything down by forcing me to toggle the on/off switch mid-draw, but the 770 cranks from the get-go and can really bring the heat.

UnshavenFish

Does anybody know if the 770 batteries now come with the Firefly if purchased new?

I can confirm i got mine from vapefiend on the 18th feb and it came with the 770 in the box:clap:
Also the spare i got at the same time was 770, out of stock now but they do come with it from here at least.

I never had the older battery but from what others have posted here i do seem to get around double what they get.

Edit:also mine hits like a train, never combusted no matter how hard i tried lol slow pulls fine grind nothing but beautiful tasty clouds, although i prefer chunky nuggets i had to try:D Most i can get is a few small dark spots if i don't stir, and with the clouds it gives with ease I'm sure its not running cold, guess i got lucky with the coil.

Last edited:
I basically never stir my materials, and for some reason i always manage to equally vape the contents.

Once in a while I push the mats down again but thats it pretty much.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I basically never stir my materials, and for some reason i always manage to equally vape the contents.

Once in a while I push the mats down again but thats it pretty much.

Interesting, I'll have to try that. I always seem to have to stir, otherwise it seems to vape very unevenly.
I can't imagine not stirring as well. Convection vaporizers tend to vape a bowl unevenly, requiring stirring. @Marctraider can you treat us to a photo of an evenly vaped, not stirred bowl?

:peace:

Stringer

sent firefly a message to find out if I bought a black firefly today, what battery would it come with. waiting to hear back

im trying to decide on a vape. im coughing up black constantly. i just coughed up a black mass from my throat, and I believe the spot it was in is now bleeding. cant be good.

Stringer,
Reactions: ataxian

slick

sent firefly a message to find out if I bought a black firefly today, what battery would it come with. waiting to hear back

im trying to decide on a vape. im coughing up black constantly. i just coughed up a black mass from my throat, and I believe the spot it was in is now bleeding. cant be good.
:uhoh: Ditto on what they said

slick,

HD Springer

Stringer said:
im coughing up black constantly. i just coughed up a black mass from my throat, and I believe the spot it was in is now bleeding. cant be good.

Vapeing cant fix whats already been done.

HD Springer,
Reactions: ataxian

grokit

well-worn member
They also state that the new batteries perform better in cold weather, which is my only complaint regarding my og 750's -- they lose it when it's cold. But they're still going strong over a year later otherwise :tup:

grokit,
How durable is this bad boy? I have a pax and an ascent right now, they've both taken quite a beating. The ascent has a broken screen and the stopper on the side has broken off. But I still like it better than the Pax (flavor lacking and draw resistance sucks). They both use alot of material, I'm really trying to justify buying another portable vape. My boyfriend might lose it if I do. Leaning towards convection this time around. If I dropped this say 4-5 times (like my poor ascent/pax) how would it fair.

BillieHoliday,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
How durable is this bad boy? I have a pax and an ascent right now, they've both taken quite a beating. The ascent has a broken screen and the stopper on the side has broken off. But I still like it better than the Pax (flavor lacking and draw resistance sucks). They both use alot of material, I'm really trying to justify buying another portable vape. My boyfriend might lose it if I do. Leaning towards convection this time around. If I dropped this say 4-5 times (like my poor ascent/pax) how would it fair.

Hey, anyone who worries about dropping something way in advance of purchase is a kindred spirit! :lol: I can't even use a beverage glass in my house. You may as well pour it on the floor and save yourself a step.

It all depends on what kind of drop you are talking about. Four feet to concrete, I'm not sure the FF is walking away from that. There's a heating coil that is quite durable and attached by a very stiff wire but it could be misaligned or broken in a bad drop. There's a glass piece on the lid which could break if it fell face down. There's a glass bowl that can get chipped, but it's inside the lid so it's somewhat protected.

I've dropped FFs about two feet to carpeting, and maybe 14 inches, off a couch, to a wood floor. Neither did any damage. But again, I wouldn't wanna drop it too far or too hard. I would guess a Pax would fair better.

But that's not the real reason to buy an FF, and it sounds like you are looking for convection and flavor and conservation of material, and that would be the FF. It's heavy and high-quality and that gives it a durability all its own. In flavor it is out of this world, and I personally haven't tried a vape that can touch it for cool and natural flavor. Given your list of priorities, you should seriously consider it.

hafalump

I dropped from waist high onto asphalt :doh: :bang:Working great, I think it would depend on how it lands.
I feel lucky ;)

hafalump,
Hey, anyone who worries about dropping something way in advance of purchase is a kindred spirit! :lol: I can't even use a beverage glass in my house. You may as well pour it on the floor and save yourself a step.

At least someone understands my life. I try to be so careful with all my vapes but they always seem to fly from my hands and I watch them fall to the ground in slow motion. Thanks for that kick ass response. I think you have definitely helped sway me towards the FF. If I'm not too lazy when I leave work tonight I'm going to swing by my LHS and check one out. I'll probably end up buying it. Especially after hearing it actually survived a fall onto the asphalt.

BillieHoliday,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I dropped from waist high onto asphalt :doh: :bang:Working great, I think it would depend on how it lands.
I feel lucky ;)

You are lucky! :nod:

At least someone understands my life. I try to be so careful with all my vapes but they always seem to fly from my hands and I watch them fall to the ground in slow motion. Thanks for that kick ass response.

My pleasure...happy to talk FF all day long! :lol: Yeah, you may have noticed some of the glass threads here on FC...I look at those posts, and those pix of amazing glass work, and think "what must it be like to live in a world where you could own glass like that and not break it all within hours???". :rofl:

Anyway, good luck with the FF decision, and if you haven't checked out the "best of FF" thread, it's a good way to absorb a lot of FF info quickly without reading through all our noise here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom