Discontinued The Firefly Vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jambi619

Cannabis Crusader
Fuck, there's a discount code?! I just got a used one from the classifieds that's coming later today. If this thing blows me away, I'm gonna sell it and order a brand new one. Gotta have that warranty.

Jambi619,

SecureSwede

yea 20% off coupon, brings the total for the vape to around 215 after taxes and shipping. I ordered an extra battery and external charger for an extra 48 bucks. I gotta pick it up today from the post office!

SecureSwede,
Reactions: mitchgo61

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I keep going back and forth between this and the Haze, I'm just not sure if the firefly is really going to offer me much different practical use from what I get with my Elevape (and I purposefully chose Elevape over firefly originally and was satisfied with that choice...) I really just want to try a firefly already, and was using my faulty Solo and Imag+ as an excuse, but maybe the Haze will be a better substitute (though itll come to more money now...).

Ugh I guess I have a few more days to decide... When does the code end exactly? Can it still be used like in the evening on Friday, or is Thursday the last day?

I haven't tried the Haze or the Elevape, but the advantage you get with the FF is the flavor more than any practical application (which is pretty similar to other portables). You are unlikely to experience flavor quality matching the FF in any other portable...I know nothing comes close for me.

I assume the discount code expires at midnight west coast time on the 31st. There's no upside in pushing it any further than that anyway!

Last edited:

SecureSwede

I haven't tried the Haze or the Elevape, but the plays with the FF is the flavor more than any practical application (which is pretty similar to other portables). You are unlikely to experience flavor quality matching the FF in any other portable...I know nothing comes close for me.

I assume the discount code expires at midnight west coast time on the 31st. There's no upside in pushing it any further than that anyway!
Same for me, the flavor in the firefly doesnt even compare to the flavor in my Evo. The evo gives a ton of vapor but it feels a bit more dry than the firefly, and since I dont use the firefly through a water pipe I get the taste instantly and it always tastes amazing. Not saying the evo doesnt have great taste, but just making a point even a high end vape like the evo does not compare to the tatse of a firefly.

SecureSwede,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@SecureSwede yeah I've spoken with him on reddit too. Had to a bail on that community though, I prefer good old FC so nice to see you here as well!

And thanks @mitchgo61, yes flavor was my primary reasoning for being interested in the Firefly, since the Elevape's isn't quite as pure it seems due to the FF's materials. But other than that it may not really be appropriate for me as a Solo/Imag replacement since the Elevape really does kinda fill that powerful on demand pure convection hit niche for me already, but it's so hard to pass up this price opportunity...

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
The FF is a fickle mistress, right? When it's working, you get the coolest, tastiest vaopr on Earth. But it's propensity to find new and startling ways to not work anymore is frustrating to say the least. My wife said "would you still recoomend the FF after this last failure?" And my answer is "yes, because when it works the vapor is incomparable, and it works most of the time...and when it doesn't, the service is great..." But you'd surely have to warn a potential buyer that the device failure rate seems to still be in the, um, stabilization phase.

I contacted FF today and they said a batch of units were sold recently with bad batteries. They are sending me a replacement battery right away. They said to let them know if it doesn't solve the problem. Hopefully it does. I don't want to go through a whole PITA process, but I'm glad I bought from the Firefly company directly just in case.:\

Still happy I bought it

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Anyone know the exact size of the FF screens off-hand? I don't really want to spend $10 on the "cleaning kit" even with 20% off...
So far (3 months'ish) I'm not noticing any need for a cleaning kit.. or screens.. I have removed my screen once, ISO soaked it and it's as good as new, but the clean was not necessary and the screen doesn't degrade over time or accumulate much junk.

Radio,
So far (3 months'ish) I'm not noticing any need for a cleaning kit.. or screens.. I have removed my screen once, ISO soaked it and it's as good as new, but the clean was not necessary and the screen doesn't degrade over time or accumulate much junk.

My problem with the screens is that it is easy to bend them out of shape when removing to clean.

letter never sent,

Radio

stay true to yourselves
My problem with the screens is that it is easy to bend them out of shape when removing to clean.
Hmm.. that's annoying. Standard pipe screens should do the trick though. Check your local head shop and bring your Firefly screen in to compare it to others. Get a cheap multi-pack of them and you're set :)

Radio,

EveryDayAmnesiac

I'm not sure what their exact size is. Sorry.

I am still using my first two screens I ever used with the FF. I've only cleaned underneath it a handful of times. The first time, I waited way too long, so there is kind of a stain down there.

I'd recommend cleaning under there even if it doesn't seem to need it, just to be safe. But do be careful with the ISO... you don't want any dripping down there! Upside-down, upside-down....

@Shit Snacks , I'd say go for it. Discounts on FF's don't happen often. At the price you'd get it at, you could easily sell it in the Classifieds and probably not lose much, if anything, should you decide it's not right for you.

And this way, you have a new toy, and a new reference point, AND you can say things like, "Yeah, despite what that idiot EDA says, the FF ain't all that..."

Plus, as you've already heard, the flavor.... dear god. When I want to know what a strain truly tastes like, it's Firefly time...

Hi could someone please help me out with my situation, well I went to use my FF last night and the light came on but when I went to hit it it shut off. So I tried to charge it but the blue light never came on. I took the battery out but that didn't seem to help anything. Any thoughts anyone? Oh and I have had the FF for about 5 months on the same battery could that be the issue?

darthvaper24,

EveryDayAmnesiac

Hi could someone please help me out with my situation, well I went to use my FF last night and the light came on but when I went to hit it it shut off. So I tried to charge it but the blue light never came on. I took the battery out but that didn't seem to help anything. Any thoughts anyone? Oh and I have had the FF for about 5 months on the same battery could that be the issue?

How heavily have you used the one battery? If you've used it a lot, I bet you may have just worn the poor thing out. A new battery would be my first fix attempt.

Can always go on Firefly's Live Chat and ask, once they're online today.

I know one of my batteries has been used to the point where it's close to useless. Nice to be able to replace it so easily. :love:

EveryDayAmnesiac,
Reactions: grokit
How heavily have you used the one battery? If you've used it a lot, I bet you may have just worn the poor thing out. A new battery would be my first fix attempt.

Can always go on Firefly's Live Chat and ask, once they're online today.

I know one of my batteries has been used to the point where it's close to useless. Nice to be able to replace it so easily. :love:
Ok thanks just ordered a new battery I'll see in a few days if it works

darthvaper24,

SecureSwede

Finally picking up my extra battery and charger today, Im starting to feel like the firefly is now my daily driver compared to my evo. I love taking fat rips from the evo but find myself using the firefly for its portability and easy packing capabilities. The efficiency from this vape is incredible but I am scared I combusted a few times now. I didnt think it was possible but has anyone else experienced combustion with their firefly? Im not sure if I am vaping it until its a super dark brown or if its actually black. I noticed this with a few bowls I recently packed but only found a few pieces to be this blackish color.

Just for everyones information my process was using the 3-2-1 method that someone recently explained, when I smell the vape I cannot tell if it smells like combustion has occurred or if I have just vaped a lot of herb.

SecureSwede,

Jambi619

Cannabis Crusader
I just got mine and had black in my abv as well. I'm using the method explained by The Vape Critic in his review, heat up for 8-10 sec, let go, press again and draw. Maybe I'm holding it too long on the draw?

Jambi619,
Reactions: Radio

Jambi619

Cannabis Crusader
Yea I'll have to play around with it some more and figure it out. Despite having a bit of black, vapor was amazing. Very similar to my SSV.

Jambi619,
Reactions: Radio

Radio

stay true to yourselves
I have a battery that charges for a long amount of time but doesn't last long at all. I've messaged the company that I got my firefly from and they are replacing it. Nice guys

edit: some nice fireflies in classifieds at the moment!
:)

Last edited:

Miwiwa

As far as failure rate goes, my third Firefly just quit. That doesn't mean that I own three of these vapes, it means that I have had three failures. Firefly has always been very good about replacement, no complaints there, but I'm pretty tired of having to pay to ship it, then wait to get it back again. There has got to be an issue with the heating coil breaking over time. I purchased it in January, and I raved about it.(still do) but it lasted one month, then green light blinking but no heat. The second one worked for almost exactly the same time, one month. I thought about selling the third unit, an unopened and new replacement, but broke down and opened the box one day after holding on to it for about a month. This one lasted about 7 months. We have no way of knowing what the overall failure rate is, but to me.. it seems quite high.

Miwiwa,

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Almost exactly 2 months and mine is still going strong. No change in it's performance whatsoever, and I use it for roughly 10 sessions in a week. Moderate use. I transport it around a lot and charge both batteries daily. Very delicate with it and respectful.

Hopefully it lasts the mile

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Wish me luck. I'm happy to have purchased it through a reliable company that seems to have my back on the product and are helpful with ongoing support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom