• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Firefly Vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey Nineteen

I own the Firefly Vaporizer and could never get used to it. The learning curve for the FF is ridiculous. I have had it since the beginning of the year. When you do get the learning curve the product is not worth the return. I have used Grandad Purp, Blue Dream and good quality mids all with the same results. To much work for what I get.

I also don't think the battery life is adequate at all. It runs out way to quick. I did buy the optional battery, but it did not matter as the FF used up all the battery as I was trying to get the best hit and constantly stirring the product. It does work. I mean you can, well some of the times get big hits. They are just rare. May be it's because on my lid the rubber came lose from the lid window piece.

I also own a Plenty Vaporizer and a Vapir N02. They are perfect in every way. Well to be honest the Vapir N02 did over heat an started to smell scorched. I was told to send it back and they would fix or replace it. Decided to just buy another one. Didn't feel like returning. The new one is still better than the FF. The Plenty is my favorite though.

Hey Nineteen,

natural farmer

If I'd exchange my Firefly for anything it would be the new Crafty by Storz and Bickel. Just cannot see going back from convection to conduction. Try the Indica before you buy it my friend, taste matters!

I could see the Crafty taking Lotus's place as my driver but as I like to play with temps, manually or digitally, I would also need a new phone as my iPhone 4 is most possibly obsolete for the Crafty, so that would raise the cost even more! Indica is an affordable and pocketable option which will go where Lotus or FF can't go. Like a day working with the trees or the garden and it's windy or rainy. Like when biking leisurely or when holding your girl with one arm and have only one more to vape… Both FF and Lotus require two hands. I have to sacrifice a little taste for practical reasons or I will have to fork over 500€ to get a crafty and a new Android phone!

Last edited:
natural farmer,
Reactions: Vegas haze

PattyMelt

If I were to buy a firefly off of someone who is selling it on the classifieds of this forum would it come with the warranty if it was still under the time constraint? I am thinking of buying one, buy dropping nearly 300 bucks for a vape is really hard and not really what I want to do but I have heard so many great things about the firefly. I have owned a mflb and indica but the mflb wasnt as great anymore and the indica was conduction which I did not like.

Use the link found below (and elsewhere), to get 20% off. Most used FFs are more than that.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/fireflysurvey1

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
The expended battery life is normal I think for a device pulling 50 watts and with a battery of that form factor. Plus how fast you can discharge them... same thing with ecigs and those 18000 series batteries, with mechanicals there's nothing to tell you the battery life except a multi-meter, and with lots of discharges and recharges the batteries take a toll fairly quickly... 300-500 cycles is easy to achieve if you charge them everyday!

I can't argue the math on this, and have done a little myself that tells me my batts are probably getting 300-plus cycles in well under six months. I've lost track of which one came with which FF so suffice it to say it's possible one of my three is ten months old at this point. I really gotta start marking these puppies. :lol:

Anyway after reading Quetzalcoatl's post I reconsidered and used my coupon to order two batteries. Given my FF usage it's a solid and eventually necessary investment.

SecureSwede

I just bought the firefly yesterday using the code! Came out to 215 in total after shipping and taxes, I am way too excited for this new vape! I honestly hope it will fill my need for an on demand portable vape, I could never get used to sesh's with a portable. I feel as if that on demand is almost necessary for a portable vape, I never really find myself wanting to just hit the thing for 10 minutes straight but rather take a few hits every once and a while and not need to worrying about the unit heating up or needing to cool down. Thats my main problem with the indica, when its heated and youre not hitting it the herb inside is being vaped and wasted. It browned my herb a lot more than I would have guessed which is why I sold it.

SecureSwede

It didnt come today, but it should be here tomorrow. Im way too excited for this little guy, is it really necessary to buy an extra battery and charger? I don't really go out with a vaporizer too often, so I dont think I will be giving it extremely heavy use... But then again if its as great as you guys say I might just grab it when I chill on the couch instead of bringing my desktop unit from room to room.

How much longer does the survey code work for? I want to try out my firefly a few days or possibly a week to see how much use I get out of it before I order a battery and charger. I want to make sure that I get good use out of this vape if I am going to order the extras.

Last edited by a moderator:

grokit

well-worn member
I think the code goes to the end of the month.

I'm also a pretty light firefly user, and rarely use my extra battery.
But it's nice to know that I have one, just in case.

grokit

well-worn member
That's too bad, different strokes. For me it's the first battery-operated portable that I can live with. The only thing I would change besides battery life is I would get the red color and just have the grey top lol.

I gotta say, for me the firefly is the most effort-free battery-powered portable vape I've experienced.
It reminds me of a glass pipe but way cleaner, and the maintenance is simple as pie.

I like the glass pipe comparison, that's how it feels for me too.

Personally, I don't stir all that often. I'll shake the unit around every once in a while, but I don't really feel the need to stir. I use a pretty loose pack, medium grind. An average bowl for me is probably .075-.1g.

The flavor is significantly better than the Solo even without stirring IMO. The first few hits I get with a fresh bowl, when the unit is cold and I'm only holding the button down for 5-7 seconds at a time, are absolutely sublime. The best I've ever experienced.

Cleaning is a breeze. I love the design, particularly the fully exposed vapor path. The aluminum body feels great. The heater button is a bit cheap and can be finicky, but I've mostly grown accustomed to it. My only other gripes with the construction are that the screen can be annoying and the o-ring situation feels a little delicate. I'm always worried I'll knock something out of place while cleaning. Fortunately, I haven't had much of an issue with debris getting into the device.

Overall, I'm really happy with the Firefly. It serves my specific needs and style of vaping very well. The battery life isn't great and having to keep on top of charging the unit can sometimes feel like a chore. However, I don't really use my FF enough for it to be a huge issue. The desktop is my daily driver. At least it charges fast.

So yeah, hats off to the folks at Firefly. This is a great vaporizer. The customer service seems to be on point as well, let's hope that continues!

Last edited by a moderator:

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
It didnt come today, but it should be here tomorrow. Im way too excited for this little guy, is it really necessary to buy an extra battery and charger? I don't really go out with a vaporizer too often, so I dont think I will be giving it extremely heavy use... But then again if its as great as you guys say I might just grab it when I chill on the couch instead of bringing my desktop unit from room to room.

How much longer does the survey code work for? I want to try out my firefly a few days or possibly a week to see how much use I get out of it before I order a battery and charger. I want to make sure that I get good use out of this vape if I am going to order the extras.

End of the month. Not sure they'll let you use it again, though. (You got a great deal!)

I have grown tired of the Firefly — done with stirring and I have quit using it. I think the fly is going on the block.

Maybe something different soon.

Oh the humanity. My world doesn't make sense any more! :ko::lol:;) I find things I love in other vapes...like the INH which is super portable and stealthy. And yet, it doesn't have the build quality (or customer service) of the FF. Or that cool vapor. Anything else I use, compared to the FF, just tastes HOT. The FF keeps me in its thrall just for that awesome flavor. (I don't really mind the stirring, I kind of get into it...but yeah, in some situations, it's a pain.)

I like the glass pipe comparison, that's how it feels for me too.
Overall, I'm really happy with the Firefly. It serves my specific needs and style of vaping very well. The battery life isn't great and having to keep on top of charging the unit can sometimes feel like a chore. However, I don't really use my FF enough for it to be a huge issue. The desktop is my daily driver. At least it charges fast.

So yeah, hats off to the folks at Firefly. This is a great vaporizer. The customer service seems to be on point as well, let's hope that continues!

When I first got the FF I relied on my VTE for most in-house use. And then that kinda fell away, and now the FFs are my main vapes at home. No disgusting tubes, no big footprint of a desktop on the coffee table (nothing to stash when the dogsitter comes or guest drop by)...it just works for my vape-style. I do have battery issues, but hey, my two news batts just arrived, so I'm all set.

I continue to look for better, stealthier out-of-the-house vapes (I have a particular interest in the upcoming V2 Pro 7) but for at home, I think the FF may not be equaled for my tastes anytime soon.

studmuffin

I have had my Firefly for approximately five months, and I use it daily. I would like to share my "vapor surfing" method which works really well for me personally. Forthwith, . . .

I use a Sharpstone grinder, which yields what I would call a medium grind. I place the herb (at least 18% THC) into the chamber loosely, not quite to the top. Then, I use my 3:2:1 technique:
I depress the heating button until the green light flashes 3 times, then, while continuing to depress the heat button I take a LSD (long, slow draw) until the heat cycle times out, which is 30 seconds. I hold the vapor in, then slowly exhale out through my nose. I give the Firefly a playful shake between draws. Hit #2 : I depress the heat cycle button for 2 green light flashes, then LSD for 30 seconds, and , finally, I use 1 green light flash before taking my 3rd and final draw. In a few minutes, I have reached a state of PFT : pretty fucking toasted. By not packing the chamber, I accomplish two things: I minimize waste, and, I NEVER have to open my Firefly during a session, as the loose material swirls and tumbles gently during the draw, obviating the need to stir the material, which I never do. I read with great interest all of the methods and strategies shared here. I share my technique for comparison, and possibly guidance. It's up to the individual to experiment. I have a science background, and after many variations this is the simplest and most efficient method I have found to enjoy my Firefly.

SecureSwede

I have had my Firefly for approximately five months, and I use it daily. I would like to share my "vapor surfing" method which works really well for me personally. Forthwith, . . .

I use a Sharpstone grinder, which yields what I would call a medium grind. I place the herb (at least 18% THC) into the chamber loosely, not quite to the top. Then, I use my 3:2:1 technique:
I depress the heating button until the green light flashes 3 times, then, while continuing to depress the heat button I take a LSD (long, slow draw) until the heat cycle times out, which is 30 seconds. I hold the vapor in, then slowly exhale out through my nose. I give the Firefly a playful shake between draws. Hit #2 : I depress the heat cycle button for 2 green light flashes, then LSD for 30 seconds, and , finally, I use 1 green light flash before taking my 3rd and final draw. In a few minutes, I have reached a state of PFT : pretty fucking toasted. By not packing the chamber, I accomplish two things: I minimize waste, and, I NEVER have to open my Firefly during a session, as the loose material swirls and tumbles gently during the draw, obviating the need to stir the material, which I never do. I read with great interest all of the methods and strategies shared here. I share my technique for comparison, and possibly guidance. It's up to the individual to experiment. I have a science background, and after many variations this is the simplest and most efficient method I have found to enjoy my Firefly.
I will try this tonight, as a new firefly user I am still working on technique. Sounds really awesome though and is really easy to remember!

SecureSwede,

grokit

well-worn member

That sounds a lot like the way I use it, except I don't go by the lights I just do a count in my head, and I use a top screen. But I also grind medium and pack loose, for 2-3 big hits that are shaken but never stirred :tup:

Last edited:

Karmaesque

Good one and made me laugh. This forum should integrate bitcoin - I would have tipped you!

Karmaesque,

SecureSwede

Yes to bitcoin!

In other news i tried out the 3-2-1 method but was pretty toasted by the end of it I only got one run through so far but I have a fresh bowl ready. I honestly cant see how people do not like this vape, the high compares to that from my vapexhale evo. No other portable has had this power and I am loving it! I keep switching between my desktop and firefly and its an awesome combo.

Hey Nineteen

I gotta say, for me the firefly is the most effort-free battery-powered portable vape I've experienced.
It reminds me of a glass pipe but way cleaner, and the maintenance is simple as pie.
My Vapir N02 is a lot more convenient. The battery last a lot longer, I can put in more material, and I can just vape without any skill lol. I use the Plenty most of all though.

Hey Nineteen,

SecureSwede

We need a photoshop jockey to put daniel craig together with a firefly :tup:
I did my best...
ZLAkpuP.jpg

but I am also super blazed from my firefly right now so I couldnt really do too much...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom