Discontinued The Firefly Vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSandyLorax

I'm getting ready to place an order and had a question for the heavier users. I am planning on buying a second battery but I am debating on the external charger. I understand the benefit to having one but I am curious if anyone has multiple batteries but no extra charger and regrets it.

Also is just one additional battery sufficient for a concert or longer event that I would not have access to a charger for multiple hours? Like if I took one gram of herb could I vape all of it on one battery? Two? I know there is not a definitive answer with all of the variables but I figured you guys could make an educated guess. Thanks! :leaf:

Karmaesque

I'm getting ready to place an order and had a question for the heavier users. I am planning on buying a second battery but I am debating on the external charger. I understand the benefit to having one but I am curious if anyone has multiple batteries but no extra charger and regrets it.

Also is just one additional battery sufficient for a concert or longer event that I would not have access to a charger for multiple hours? Like if I took one gram of herb could I vape all of it on one battery? Two? I know there is not a definitive answer with all of the variables but I figured you guys could make an educated guess. Thanks! :leaf:

I have 2 batteries + the external charger. This works perfectly if you use the FF alone. I always have a full battery available and constantly rotate. When one is in the FF the other battery is charging.This would be my minimum requirement. Added bonus is that your batteries will last longer since.

This will convince you to get what you really need
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/fireflysurvey1

Karmaesque,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are

I have two FFs, three batts, and the charger. The charger is especially useful if you travel...you can bring one FF plus the charger and charge the second batt while you use your FF. If you have three batts you can charge one while it's in the FF, one in the charger, and use your second FF. This gives you two fully charged backups without impeding your ability to use one FF. Personally I think it's worth every penny. I'm considering getting a fourth batt and second charger with my soon-to-expire 20% off coupon.

slohiker

I for sure don't regret my external charger. I couldn't get by without it. I've had my FF set up for 6 months or so. I have acquired 4 batteries and 1 external charger. I use mine mostly at home or when traveling. I'm a pretty heavy user so I just go through a rotation of batteries, I have them numbered. It's great when staying at motels, leaving home with 4 charged batteries, have the wife drive and I'm ready for the trip. Get the extras, you won't regret it.

Seasoned Senior

I have an external charger and two batteries. Sometimes it feels like a part-time job keeping them charged. I wouldn't mind another battery or two. Thankfully, it's one of a few devices. Variety in delivery and material suits me well.

sanfranciscosadhu

I have two batteries and an external charger. To me the external charger is great as it's small and innocuous. That way you can charge your battery anywhere and if someone walks into your guest or hotel room it's simply a battery charging and not your deiice that's plugged in.
For my use two is enough, though I'd consider the car charger for when on the go.

grokit

well-worn member
I didn't take the survey so I'll say it here. The only improvement that I can see for the firefly is I would prefer that the external charger was the kind that just plug right into a wall outlet with no cord or wall wart.

$_35.JPG

USB compatibility would be a bonus :tup:

grokit,
Reactions: steama

weedemon

enthusiast
i have 3 batteries, and i am glad i do. no way it would survive the day for me otherwise. (without access to charge it i mean) i use a new batt every 3rd bowl.

weedemon,

Hoover

...I bought a Firefly a few weeks ago and was satisfied with it until it stopped heating yesterday...

....I thought it was a charging issue at first but even fully charged the bowl doesn't heat up any more...

...it was working fine right up until it didn't, except I never saw the amber temperature indicator led light come on...the battery performance was within parameters so I didn't worry aboot that...

...is this a common issue...???...

No, it is not common but it does happen. I own 2 FFs (1 silver & 1 gray) and both quit heating after a few months of use. Both were replaced under warranty. I was not happy camper when either one quit.

Hoover,

slohiker

I've had that happen twice, both in the 1st month of using them. They did the same thing, just quit heating during a session. The warranty service was excellent. I'm on my 3rd unit and it's been working perfectly for months. The bummer was it's my only vape. I'm very satisfied and would buy another one.

raddrazor

Hello all. I just got my firefly and am getting good results. I used to use a MFLB so I'm familiar with the technique. I just haven't gotten it down yet.

raddrazor,

weedemon

enthusiast
Hello all. I just got my firefly and am getting good results. I used to use a MFLB so I'm familiar with the technique. I just haven't gotten it down yet.

my fave method is the following.

i pack in un broken buds, i try to choose one about the size of the bowl.

i power it on, wait 2 seconds or so and start a pulsating hit. i breathe pretty hard while doing this.

so to clarify, that is a long steady hit where i will increase the draw a few times though out the hit. then i flip the nug over do it again, and then after that i will break up the nug with my fingers and finish it off.

this methhod has worked best for me. plus it's convenient for management when out and about because the unbroken nug doesn't get blown away in the wind.

raddrazor

Thanks I'll try that out. I did put alittle screen on top and the worked well with loose material. I do like that fact that it's almost a one hitter vape. Saving me mine.

raddrazor,
Reactions: grokit

fernand

I had one battery. I was always running out so I'd keep it topped off. I got another. That helped but I was having to worry about two batteries. So I got a third. Now I worry about longevity, not topping them off and I'm juggling batteries - but the lack of a good indicator on the FF makes me charge them when I'm unsure. THAT is a design flaw. An external charger with good indicator would be nice. A car charger is a must if you aren't home bound.

What this thing needs is like a battery shaped insert with a 10 gauge cable to an automotive battery - and one of those auto chargers on wheels.

Ikea has these great little flashlights you crank to charge up. Says 30 revs = 90 seconds of light. So I figured 60 cranks = 3 minutes. Wrong. There's a battery inside that you charge and 90 secs is all she holds. It's still a good little light. Can you see cranking up the Firefly?

EveryDayAmnesiac

Well boys and girls, this is a rare occurrence, but I must speak to the longevity of the FF batteries.

I have one battery I've never used, still in storage. I imagine it's as good now as it was when it was sent.

The other two batts, the ones I've had for 10 and 9 months respectively, are really, REALLY showing their wear, at this point.

The 10 month-old, lasts less than 10 medium hits at this point. The other, probably about twice as long, maybe a little less. Any way you look at it, they are entirely unsuitable for away-from-home use at this point.

Not bad, but I think it is a testament to that fact that FF batteries WILL need to be replaced. $30 bucks is a fair price, IMO. But to think that the first few batts you buy will last you forever... well, I hope you're not under that impression.

Still, got to love the fact these batts are so affordable, last a good while, and are entirely replaceable by the user.

They are not, however, immortal. :ko:

Last edited by a moderator:

mitchgo61

Well boys and girls, this is a rare occurrence, but I must speak to the longevity of the FF batteries.

Not bad, but I think it is a testament to that fact that FF batteries WILL need to be replaced. $30 bucks is a fair price, IMO. But to think that the first few batts you buy will last you forever... well, I hope you're not under that impression.

Still, got to love the fact these batts are so affordable, last a good while, and are entirely replaceable by the user.

They are not, however, immortal. :ko:

I'm noticing the same thing. One of mine only lasts like ten big hits as well. Maybe I'll buy two new batts with my 20% discount. :hmm:

EveryDayAmnesiac

I'm noticing the same thing. One of mine only lasts like ten big hits as well. Maybe I'll buy two new batts with my 20% discount. :hmm:

But the FF official shipping can be ridiculous. I tried ordering one battery from FF, and the shipping for just that was almost $10.

Guh.

Why not just order a big order from Vape World that includes FF stuff and get a much better deal?

I can't imagine using the FF 20% October discount unless you're ordering an FF unit. :shrug:

Just sayin. As Firefly Fanboy #2. ;)

mitchgo61

But the FF official shipping can be ridiculous. I tried ordering one battery from FF, and the shipping for just that was almost $10.

Guh.

Why not just order a big order from Vape World that includes FF stuff and get a much better deal?

I can't imagine using the FF 20% October discount unless you're ordering an FF unit. :shrug:

Just sayin. As Firefly Fanboy #2. ;)

FF is giving me a 7.77 ship price on two batteries. With the discount it's 55.77 total...that's 4 bucks below VW even with free shipping. Not much of a deal, I agree. I could definitely stand not to spend an extra 55 bucks this month! :lol:

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
The expended battery life is normal I think for a device pulling 50 watts and with a battery of that form factor. Plus how fast you can discharge them... same thing with ecigs and those 18000 series batteries, with mechanicals there's nothing to tell you the battery life except a multi-meter, and with lots of discharges and recharges the batteries take a toll fairly quickly... 300-500 cycles is easy to achieve if you charge them everyday!

SecureSwede

If I were to buy a firefly off of someone who is selling it on the classifieds of this forum would it come with the warranty if it was still under the time constraint? I am thinking of buying one, buy dropping nearly 300 bucks for a vape is really hard and not really what I want to do but I have heard so many great things about the firefly. I have owned a mflb and indica but the mflb wasnt as great anymore and the indica was conduction which I did not like.

SecureSwede,

sanfranciscosadhu

I was in the same quandary when I bought mine and frankly I could argue e it both ways. There was a practically new one being offered on Craig's list. Yet when I looked into the warranty it states explicitly that when ownership is transferred there it is no longer valid.
However, other posters have pointed out that when given as a gift warranty applies LOL!
So here's the rub:
1) Never buy a used Firefly sight unseen.
2) Make sure you get the receipt

I ended up spending the extra dough to get a new one. Very happy with the purchase BTW, it's a fine instrument!

natural farmer

If I were to buy a firefly off of someone who is selling it on the classifieds of this forum would it come with the warranty if it was still under the time constraint? I am thinking of buying one, buy dropping nearly 300 bucks for a vape is really hard and not really what I want to do but I have heard so many great things about the firefly. I have owned a mflb and indica but the mflb wasnt as great anymore and the indica was conduction which I did not like.
I am already in the exact opposite path! :lol: Sold my FF to fund an Indica… I just needed a vape that doesn't require stirring, fits in the pocket and lasts a bit longer than the FF. I hope I don't hate the taste… :p

You will love the FF hits!!! I just sold mine and it was in mint condition. You could be lucky...

natural farmer,

sanfranciscosadhu

If I'd exchange my Firefly for anything it would be the new Crafty by Storz and Bickel. Just cannot see going back from convection to conduction. Try the Indica before you buy it my friend, taste matters!

sanfranciscosadhu,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom