Discontinued The Firefly Vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
What is the deal with this company? They seem rather unethical selling items not actually in stock.

I ordered my grey one on Sunday (12/15/13) directly from the manufacturers website. The site said that all orders will ship within 24 hours.
Check today, site no longer promises 24 hour shipment.
Contact support after receiving no shipment confirmation, they inform me that the grey model is actually out of stock. (Why the hell could I order it if it is out of stock?)

And to make it worse - they claim to have _no_ idea when more units will be in. (I spoke with Sarah C.)

I need this item by Christmas as I am traveling that entire week and following week.
I am ready to cancel and just get something else.

Anyone else have any advice? Not liking my experience with this company so far.

Edit: Also, I forgot to add the 10% discount during the order process and they claimed it was up to the 'billing department' whether they could retroactively apply it or not. Totally ready to cancel.

Perhaps in your haste to express your disappointment you rushed through the rules and missed this one:
  • Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed. State your complaint and move on.
I can understand that you're upset that you won't get your new FF for Christmas, but you're taking it a bit too far when you accuse them of being unethical. It's a new device that's been eagerly anticipated for some time, so it shouldn't come as a shock that they are already out of stock. I think you'll find that plenty of highly reputable companies still take orders when they are out of stock, even when they don't have a firm delivery date yet. This could be a matter of poor supply management, or an ordering system that isn't keeping up with the stock system, or it could be something else. Whatever the cause, I'm confident that it's not bad ethics.

Necrosan

Whatever the cause, I'm confident that it's not bad ethics.

Good to hear.
The 2 'strange' things regarding my transaction (the broken 24 hour shipment process & selling an item not in stock) are what made me believe that. I would think the same with any other company with the same policies also.
Did not think my post violated any rules; I apologize if it was taken as such.
Hopefully it ends up shipping sometime soon.

Necrosan,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Sorry for the dbl post but it won't let me edit.

Wtf is a "delivery exception"???
I checked tracking this morning and my firefly was on the truck for delivery today. Now I just checked and the status updated to delivery exception! What is that crap?

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

Kaptan

Sorry for the dbl post but it won't let me edit.

Wtf is a "delivery exception"???
I checked tracking this morning and my firefly was on the truck for delivery today. Now I just checked and the status updated to delivery exception! What is that crap?

From FedEx FAQ....
A delivery exception occurs when a package is temporarily delayed while in transit. Every effort is made to deliver every package as soon as possible, so an exception does not necessarily denote a late shipment. The status exception explains the most recent exception in the scan activity section.

The term "PMX" refers to a p.m. exception, when a shipment is returned to a delivery station for the night because it was undeliverable during the courier's route. Such a delivery exception may occur because the package was incorrectly addressed, a recipient was unavailable, etc. In many cases, delivery is re-attempted the next day.

Kaptan,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
It says I denied delivery and it's being returned to the shipper! Wtf??? I didn't deny anything!

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I'm on the phone with them now. They sent it to the wrong address and that person refused it. Now it's being returned to the shipper.

They sent it to my dickhead neighbor and instead of saying "no he lives across the street" he just simply denied delivery. I THINK I've got it straightened out though. Should be here tomorrow.

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
That sucks vaped. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Fedex sucks! Even when they don't :evil:

Mine came priority mail because of my location. It seems to be here, I just have to pick it up. Sometimes there's a day delay with the local post office but they should be geared up for the holidays. No worries because this bad boy is going under the tree anyways! I'll probably make it my xmas eve gift though...
:popcorn:

lwien

That sucks vaped. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Fedex sucks! Even when they don't :evil:
:popcorn:

4h4kfSU.gif

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
My replacement unit is here. Interestingly, they sent me a silver one (last one was grey). The silver is a nice upgrade. Maybe if this one has problems i'll eventually get a red one! :lol: Anyway, radio silence from me while i see what i can do with FF #2. Onward, and definitely upward. :)

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
Is it powdercoated, then glossed; is the paint glittery? The ring that warns you it gets hot...right away or over time?

Vapetologist,
Reactions: steama

Looper

All t
My replacement unit is here. Interestingly, they sent me a silver one (last one was grey). The silver is a nice upgrade. Maybe if this one has problems i'll eventually get a red one! :lol: Anyway, radio silence from me while i see what i can do with FF #2. Onward, and definitely upward. :)

So far any problems mitchgo61? Are you still going to use a stainless screen on top? I was wondering if its possible to put a ceramic screen on top?

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
All t

So far any problems mitchgo61? Are you still going to use a stainless screen on top? I was wondering if its possible to put a ceramic screen on top?

No problems at all so far. Haven't tried the top screen yet... I'm a bit skittish even though I really don't think it has a negative impact. But for now I'm trying to use it as directed while I get a better feel for it.

Is it powdercoated, then glossed; is the paint glittery? The ring that warns you it gets hot...right away or over time?

Glossy finish with glitter highlights. There's a light that gets red if the unit gets too warm, if that's what you mean. I haven't seen it come on so far.

Last edited:

Looper

No problems at all so far. Haven't tried the top screen yet... I'm a bit skittish even though I really don't think it has a negative impact. But for now I'm trying to use it as directed while I get a better feel for it.

Glossy finish with glitter highlights. There's a light that gets red if the unit gets too warm, if that's what you mean. I haven't seen it come on so far.
Anyway possible for you to post a video ? :D

Looper,
Reactions: steama

sasNW

Damn I'm realllllly thinking about trading in the pnp and picking up a firefly. Just not a fan of my vape telling me when I can and can't hit it

Dying to see a few more reviews before I pull the trigger.
How is the draw restriction? Could you pull it out of your pocket and take a quick 2 second drag and pull some vapor?

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I'm charging it completely before I test it. I will post pics but a video review is not likely as I'm not a video type of guy. I will provide you with as detailed feedback as possible though.

My initial impression so far that this is the heaviest most solidly built portable I've ever had in my hands. And I've had them all!

sasNW

You the man! Personally I'm more interested in your thoughts then a video. Hard to catch all the little things that really matter in a video IMO. Can't wait to hear more.

For on the go loading and unloading, how annoying is it? Seems like it would be really similar to packing a hand pipe?

Other then price I'm having trouble justifying not trading in the pnp. Other then if it has a restricted airflow? And maybe the fact I do have a grasshopper on order but who knows if it will get clouds like this. DAMN YOU VAS!

sasNW,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom