The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratklaw

I've heard the thing you wanna avoid is leaving it charging for a long period of time after it's fully charged. I haven't seen any definitive data on charging a partially-charged battery.

Regardless, I'm not really worried about battery life, given I'm charging each battery only once every three or four days. The reason I'm re-charging before each day's session is to avoid the battery indicator bug that is making the battery appear full when it isn't. I'd rather not be four hits into a bowl and have the battery die unexpectedly on me...it's easier to just start with a fully-charged battery for any given session.

I think I'm with you. These guys are replaceable parts so I'd rather just know they are full without fretting over uncertain consequences when it comes to when to recharge.

purplenurple24

In the UK and preordered with namaste vapes. Asked for and update on shipping today, was told October! Last time it was early June.

The guy at namaste did not know why FF changed there schedule for international shipping; but speculated it was due to warranty issues.
I hope somebody looks into this. They've been saying that they'd be available in the Summer..... I'm pretty sure that was for the UK too. Going from June/July pushed back to October is huge. Like 3 months huge.

purplenurple24,

FreshAir

I can confirm that the white is in stock. I ordered Friday and just got a surprise delivery today!
Pretty stoked to try it out.
You didn't receive a shipping notification?im just hoping mine gets here already

FreshAir,

Dringus

In the UK and preordered with namaste vapes. Asked for and update on shipping today, was told October! Last time it was early June.

The guy at Namaste did not know why FF changed there schedule for international shipping; but speculated it was due to warranty issues.

Hi there oddjobold and greetings firefly 2 fans. I've been reading posts on this site for weeks now so it's nice to finally post back.

Like oddjabold, I also live in the UK, ordered from Namaste (UK site) and am eagerly waiting for my preorder BLUE FF2 which I made in late March. I just chatted with someone at Namaste called Nickolas (web chat on their website) and he assured me that the firefly 2 is on schedule. Exact quote: "the Firefly2 will be available end of May or beginning of June." This was his reply after I asked him if my order was on schedule. In fact I chatted with a different person at Namaste less than a week ago and received the same response.

So, unless their feeding us lies we will be receiving our firefly 2's within the next couple weeks.

In addition, I asked him if I could change my order to overnight shipping and he said yes, and to do so we need to request it through this email address: info@namastevapes.co.uk I think it costs £8.95

I'm very excited about this vape as it's my first one ever (never even tried one!)

The guy at Namaste also said this: "the moment they arrive at our depot they will be dispatched immediately
Standard Delivery 3-5 business days"

Last edited:
I've heard the thing you wanna avoid is leaving it charging for a long period of time after it's fully charged. I haven't seen any definitive data on charging a partially-charged battery.

Battery university research is definite.

This is a lithium-ion battery and it is possible that the technology has changed (improved) as batteries are in constant development (they need more power for bigger and bigger applications) still I would think that the battery university is still up to date.

You can look at
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Table 2: Cycle life as a function of
depth of discharge.

A partial discharge reduces stress and prolongs battery life. Elevated temperature and high currents also affect cycle life.

MonsterWithoutBorders,

TommyE

Quick question. I remember a bunch of pages ago there were some posts about a good case for the ff2. I can't seem to find it. Any reccomendations on a good case to store it in?

TommyE,
I don't understand why the pax2 is good at not cooking the unspent. The pax1 cooked it no problem. The fly is even better at leaving the material happy and thus allows micro dosing without fuss. I have the newvape pusher for the pax. But the fly follow the script and take only the draws u want. I am getting addicted. My vape rotation might suffer. None of my portable vapes have such a great taste to the last drop.

Last edited:
MonsterWithoutBorders,

TheHoF

Quick question. I remember a bunch of pages ago there were some posts about a good case for the ff2. I can't seem to find it. Any reccomendations on a good case to store it in?

If you are looking for something really burly, it fits in my Pelican 1020. It should also fit a 1015 or maybe even a 1010 with the mouthpiece off.

I thought it was better for the battery to run them down 100% before charging. Is this done for convenience over getting max battery life? Or is it fine for the battery to recharge after partial use?

This is what Firefly has to say about the batteries. From the FAQ section in Support.

• By nature, lithium-ion batteries degrade with time and use, so the more you use your battery, the less charge it will hold over time. Firefly is designed with a swappable battery so your device will last far longer than the battery. Treat your battery similar as you would your phone: remove from the charger after it is fully charged, let battery lose charge completely before recharging, and store them at temperatures around 70°F.

purplenurple24

This is what Firefly has to say about the batteries. From the FAQ section in Support.

• By nature, lithium-ion batteries degrade with time and use, so the more you use your battery, the less charge it will hold over time. Firefly is designed with a swappable battery so your device will last far longer than the battery. Treat your battery similar as you would your phone: remove from the charger after it is fully charged, let battery lose charge completely before recharging, and store them at temperatures around 70°F.

I do believe this is the accepted answer when it comes to lithium-ion batteries. The Firefly 2 manual says to keep it on the charging dock when not in use, contradicting what it says in the FAQ section. Confusing for a lot of people.

Vapinmofo

So Today I received a firefly2 as a gift!! wow what a present.
Full disclosure. I do most of my vaping on a Volcano classic.
I have a Pax Orignal and a crafty.
stiff competition for vapor production.
My Volcano is only for the home its good to share.
My crafty is good for like 4 really tasty hits per load.
The Firefly has a great look and feel. the app is extremely basic.
The
I am still playing with temps. at the moment I am using "medium". I think a little more heat maybe needed I am still figuring things out,

I Pack a crafty. If I pack my firefly like I pack the crafty I will get less.

My firefly is growing one me.
I was able to get a very good effect with a bowl full.
Somethings I have learned.
I like MEDIUM this is the setting where for me herbs taste like they smell. I like this very much.

I don't think I like the cleanup much. I use strong herbs and they produce LOTS of resin and that can get quite messy. I don't plan on buying pre packaged iso packets.. I use pure Polish (SPIRTUS LUKSUOWY) 96% pure alcohol for cleaning and any Reclaim.
Crafty is super easy to reclaim.

The thing that I really realize is good with the Firefly 2 is it hits you!!

Thats a good thing.

VapinMOfo

Vapinmofo,
Reactions: mitchgo61

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Hi there oddjobold and greetings firefly 2 fans. I've been reading posts on this site for weeks now so it's nice to finally post back.

Like oddjabold, I also live in the UK, ordered from Namaste (UK site) and am eagerly waiting for my preorder BLUE FF2 which I made in late March. I just chatted with someone at Namaste called Nickolas (web chat on their website) and he assured me that the firefly 2 is on schedule. Exact quote: "the Firefly2 will be available end of May or beginning of June." This was his reply after I asked him if my order was on schedule. In fact I chatted with a different person at Namaste less than a week ago and received the same response.

So, unless their feeding us lies we will be receiving our firefly 2's within the next couple weeks.

In addition, I asked him if I could change my order to overnight shipping and he said yes, and to do so we need to request it through this email address: info@namastevapes.co.uk I think it costs £8.95

I'm very excited about this vape as it's my first one ever (never even tried one!)

The guy at Namaste also said this: "the moment they arrive at our depot they will be dispatched immediately
Standard Delivery 3-5 business days"

Now I am confused as you. He said a mail would be going round about the delay. Perhaps he got fed up with always answering the same question, the same way!

I will check again tonight and report back

oddjobold,

BabaRobDass

Any grinder cards that do a "coarse" grind? Or maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Got some cool cards but only getting fine grind which is not optimal for the FF2

Help!

BabaRobDass,

Mr. Me2

In addition to the Vatra smell proof case, someone posted a picture of a case from ff, designed for the ff2. Don't know if it's been released yet

Mr. Me2,
Reactions: TommyE

TommyE

In addition to the Vatra smell proof case, someone posted a picture of a case from ff, designed for the ff2. Don't know if it's been released yet

Yeah, I saw pictures of the case from ff. I am not sure how soon it is before it is coming out. If I knew it was soon, I'd wait for it.

TommyE,

FLMan420

Any grinder cards that do a "coarse" grind? Or maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Got some cool cards but only getting fine grind which is not optimal for the FF2

Help!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TXXYNT4...TF8&colid=26DAUOP5I5TJG&coliid=I359ROZ8HWMDAY

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MNQDTUW...TF8&colid=26DAUOP5I5TJG&coliid=I2E8CA8QCA774H

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JK1M67U...TF8&colid=26DAUOP5I5TJG&coliid=I26ZNVFVXWC789

These are just a few available at Amazon. Just go to Amazon's website and search for grinder card and you will get plenty of results.

FLMan420,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Yeah, I saw pictures of the case from ff. I am not sure how soon it is before it is coming out. If I knew it was soon, I'd wait for it.

That was me. I was told in the next few weeks. I personally would wait for it....I have a Vatra case for my FF1 and I find it too bulky. FF says their case is slim enough to pocket.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-firefly-2-vaporizer.20281/page-87#post-972938

vape4fun

I like the official case but doesn't look like the top part has a pocket area for brush and poker. That would be a shame to have to carry those separate.

Mitch can you reach out to your FF contacts and see if they have a pocket or space to put those two items??

Oh and smell proof or not. I think the fact that it's a zipper makes me think not completely but this thing doesn't give off a strong odor IMO....

vape4fun,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

Majordude2626

I like the official case but doesn't look like the top part has a pocket area for brush and poker. That would be a shame to have to carry those separate.

Mitch can you reach out to your FF contacts and see if they have a pocket or space to put those two items??

Oh and smell proof or not. I think the fact that it's a zipper makes me think not completely but this thing doesn't give off a strong odor IMO....

It looks like the brush and poker might fit where the mouth piece is, looks like there might be a little room behind or underneath the mouth piece. I want the official case too because of the size. The vatra is a little to big for my needs.

Majordude2626,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are

Yeah I don't see any pocket or anything similar, but I'll ask. I gather the idea was to keep the footprint small so you can still pocket it. I'm not really a fan of smaller cases....I have a camera case that holds like all my ports plus accessories for travel, and don't usually use the smaller cases. This looks interesting to me though because it's so small....I kinda have no use for my Vatra....too big to bring anywhere by itself and not useful when I bring my larger camera case.

I can't imagine odor is an issue, given the FF is pretty much odorless when the lid is on.

BabaRobDass

Yeh, I have one of those you sent. Thanks.

Just seems it doesn't do as coarse as say a 4 piece space case. Is this always true? Or maybe I just need better technique?

BabaRobDass,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom