• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

toked23

When I read this it felt like I wrote it myself because this is exactly how I feel. I even share mine as my friend has it down and we use it like a joint.

In what I like to call juice box mode I go from low to concentrate, 6 hits on low, 4 on mid low, mid, mid high, 2 on high and 2 on concentrate.

Real deal m3? I'm a 535i guy, lol. Real M cars are crazy fast. Im dreaming about the new m5 coming out soon. I'm sure it'll be 100k$ though.

Ha, I've certainly climbed the ladder many many times, but I stay on the low temp side of things and stir frequently lately anyway...

toked23,

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
I brought my firefly2 back from the dead with a good cleaning of the holes .... (theres gotta be a better way to say that :lol:)

It seems like the vapes goods wanted and exchange because the resurrection of my Firefly2 seems to be at the cost of my Davinci IQ

slcbdco,

WarpaintFree

I'm struggling a little with my FF2. I'm generally very impressed with it, but no matter how tightly or loosely I pack the bowl, and no matter how hard or soft I draw, the herb doesn't heat at all evenly in the bowl.

There is always an area at the bottom of the load, just off centre, which is thoroughly heated to dark brown - almost black - after one draw. The rest is barely toasted at all.

I'm set on Medium-high, and tried tuning the power down a couple of %, but nothing changed.

All of the air holes are clear and show light when heated, and the mouth screen is clear as well.

I have to stir every single hit to get good extraction out of the bowl. I know that stirring is required with this device, but is there something I can try to get more even heating in the bowl?

WarpaintFree,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I have to stir every single hit to get good extraction out of the bowl. I know that stirring is required with this device, but is there something I can try to get more even heating in the bowl?

Normally I'd suggest a looser pack, but you said you tried that (and anyway I don't love my own results when the pack is too loose). In general convection vapes require stirring and the FFs more than most convection devices. Not sure there's any real way around it...though if you like the looser pack results, just try a gentle shake between hits....might accomplish the same thing as opening and stirring.

mitchgo61,

mumba23

New user. Trying to get better technique but I do believe there is a slight lid sealing issue because without applying pressure to the front top, like others have posted, it's very difficult to get visible vapor. Plus you don't hear the whistle that they mention unless you play with holding the lid down. Even with that issue, I'm still enjoying it. However, an unforeseen problem I'm having is that my smartphone and tablet are both a few years old and running a version of android 4 and you need 5.0 minimum to run the app. So, I haven't been able to turn it up to high or use power tuning. Any suggestions about android emulators that could run the app on a laptop? Or any way to access these options when plugging the FF into a pc directly? I can get someone to change it on their phones but obviously that's inconvenient and doesn't allow me to really play around with it on my own time. I'm hoping that the power tuning and turning the heat up will improve my experience but at the moment I have no way to do it. Plus I wasn't anticipating that I'd need to buy a new phone.

Also, I've had to clean it only a couple times so far but is there any specific tips for cleaning the top lid? Because I've seen multiple people claim that direct contact with alcohol from the wipes permanently damaged the rubber seal, forcing them to buy a new lid. It even says in the manual to not get alcohol on it but it's so dangerously close to what you do have to wipe clean that it seems like its bound to happen at some point.

Last edited:
mumba23,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Funky_Vapor

Have to mention getting excellent customer service first time out dealing with a replacement battery back. First call problem fixed swiftly. Thanx FF folks.
*Got it 100% again to sell it Fast for a.Solo 2* A true investment that easily out performs the FF2* I feel for those who had too pay over $280 - $330 American cash for this. The fact U get plastic tools included for such a high price premium vaporizer that's a slap... Plastic pick tools? Peace*

toked23

New user. Trying to get better technique but I do believe there is a slight lid sealing issue because without applying pressure to the front top, like others have posted, it's very difficult to get visible vapor. Plus you don't hear the whistle that they mention unless you play with holding the lid down. Even with that issue, I'm still enjoying it. However, an unforeseen problem I'm having is that my smartphone and tablet are both a few years old and running a version of android 4 and you need 5.0 minimum to run the app. So, I haven't been able to turn it up to high or use power tuning. Any suggestions about android emulators that could run the app on a laptop? Or any way to access these options when plugging the FF into a pc directly? I can get someone to change it on their phones but obviously that's inconvenient and doesn't allow me to really play around with it on my own time. I'm hoping that the power tuning and turning the heat up will improve my experience but at the moment I have no way to do it. Plus I wasn't anticipating that I'd need to buy a new phone.

Also, I've had to clean it only a couple times so far but is there any specific tips for cleaning the top lid? Because I've seen multiple people claim that direct contact with alcohol from the wipes permanently damaged the rubber seal, forcing them to buy a new lid. It even says in the manual to not get alcohol on it but it's so dangerously close to what you do have to wipe clean that it seems like its bound to happen at some point.

Just use a qtip and dip it in the ISO and lightly rub the honey off. There is an adhesive under the rubber seal and the idea is simply try to avoid getting it soaked with ISO. Not quite as finicky as you are thinking but I wouldn't soak it down just to stay on the safe side. Having to squeeze the lid isn't a necessity for me but certainly have read others have to do this to get a good draw.

toked23,

jvapour

mitchgo61: Have you heard anything from your contacts at Firefly about any upcoming app updates? This vaporizer has been out for over a year and we have only had 1 app update. I was hoping there would be further refinements coming through the app, but it seems like we have all been forgotten.

jvapour,

moszito

Hello

I have question to Firefly 2 vaporizer users.
Did anyone try it with Salvia Divinorum?

I'm using Salvia with Arizer Tower and it's perfect :) 249 C is enough to realese Salvinorin from leaves and have expected experience.

What about Firefly 2?
I read that it has 260 C max temperature, so it's enough,
it has the same construction - convection - as Arizer is.

Did Anyone try it? Or maybe want to try and leave some feedback :)
I will be glad to get information from first hand :)

moszito,

mitchgo61

mitchgo61: Have you heard anything from your contacts at Firefly about any upcoming app updates? This vaporizer has been out for over a year and we have only had 1 app update. I was hoping there would be further refinements coming through the app, but it seems like we have all been forgotten.
I have not but I'll see if I can get an update on future app changes.

Mars77

Hi guys, new here.
I've been using my Firefly 2 for two months.
Quick question: I noticed that the heating plate on my FF2 is discolorated ( also had this on my solo I and on the plenty). Did it happen to someone? I already contacted Firefly support and they said it was normal..
I also found out that if I turn on the FF2 heater in a dark room, the light going through the holes on the discolorated part of the heating plate is dimmed compared to the rest of the plate..
The FF2 is still working fine but I just wonder if it's normal...
Thanks in advance.

Mars77,

peterloveslubey

what more do you want though? The battery indicator being semi inaccurate is the only issue but just keep a second battery handy. It already seems like they have the heating algorithms dialed in perfectly. It's a high end vape for high end product. The only learning curve IMO is for people who have never vaped/are used to using something like a pax. I had (and still have) the OG aromazap log vape so I was used to hitting long and slow.

IMO it's an injustice to spend $300 on a FF2 and then cheapen out on other stuff. For anyone not 100% happy with the way their FF2 is hitting, spend a little extra for some boveda humidity control packets, a santa cruz shredder, and good medicine and you'll have a fantastic experience. I sold my FF2 to a buddy a little while ago, probably won't be buying another one. Though, I have nothing but good things to say about mine.

peterloveslubey,

mitchgo61

Hi guys, new here.
I've been using my Firefly 2 for two months.
Quick question: I noticed that the heating plate on my FF2 is discolorated ( also had this on my solo I and on the plenty). Did it happen to someone? I already contacted Firefly support and they said it was normal..
I also found out that if I turn on the FF2 heater in a dark room, the light going through the holes on the discolorated part of the heating plate is dimmed compared to the rest of the plate..
The FF2 is still working fine but I just wonder if it's normal...
Thanks in advance.
If you mean the restrictor plate at the bottom of the bowl....yes, it's normal. After a bit of use it can get discolored, and unevenly so, making it somewhat noticeable.

Not sure why the holes in that part of the plate seems a little dimmer....they make have a little blockage. Try giving the plate a little ISO wipe (but hold the FF upside down to avoid any liquid dripping below the plate).

mitchgo61,

Mars77

Thanks mitchgo61. Will try to clear the holes with Iso and see if it's still dimmed.
How's the mouthpiece on your device? Mine never stays plugged no matter how I insert it. I contacted Firefly support and they told me the mouthpiece is finicky and I should try to insert it sideways..I should get a replacement to see if it's the mouthpiece the cause ..(not acceptable on a $330 vape...)
Apart from that, the FF2 delivers amazing flavor and vapor at any setting . I rate it above The Mighty...

mitchgo61

Thanks mitchgo61. Will try to clear the holes with Iso and see if it's still dimmed.
How's the mouthpiece on your device? Mine never stays plugged no matter how I insert it. I contacted Firefly support and they told me the mouthpiece is finicky and I should try to insert it sideways..I should get a replacement to see if it's the mouthpiece the cause ..(not acceptable on a $330 vape...)
Apart from that, the FF2 delivers amazing flavor and vapor at any setting . I rate it above The Mighty...
Mine is pretty stable. There's a very specific way it has to snap into its slot.....but once seated mine is solid. I have heard of folks who've had issues with theirs so you're not alone. Good luck....I'm sure they'll send you a replacement if yours is defective.

mitchgo61,
Reactions: Xelatsok

sag

1yr update: figure I've had this one for about a year now. Pretty much my daily driver, and has been. I have other vapes but this thing just works. Taste is awesome. Like I'm chewing it up and eating it or something. I know folks have had some troubles and I've actually given up trying to share with this one, but for me, it is just still as awesome as the day I got it. Maybe I'm lucky or whatever with the function but it just works and I have never even once not gotten the result I was hoping for. I'm a 99% flower guy and it is crazy efficient, loses taste after 5-6 hits but still easily gets the job done. I have to work harder than I would like, meaning breathing in for 30seconds, is the only real downside to me. Smell is minimal and is my stealthiest vape I have for smell. Did I say taste, ha, just so good. I would be lost without this one. I'm already wondering what the ff3 will be like. Haha

Out of curiosity, how many hits are you guys taking before you cash the bowl? I've done anywhere from 10-20+. I usually climb the ladder heat wise, starting off at low and 89% power. Tastes amazing at that setting with fresh flower.

I also have been using my unit as a daily driver and have had nothing but positive results. The only thing that I consider a downside is the battery life. After 9 months use, my batteries started to not hold a charge. The cost of 2 batteries is ridiculous for 9 months of service and you definitely need 2 batteries for this thing to leave you half high and dry. Love the vape but the battery dilemma has turned me off.

sag,
Reactions: toked23

Kirudub

To those who might want to micro-dose using your FF2... the cap of a Storz & Bickel dosing capsule fits into the FF2 chamber perfectly, and is fairly durable if you're careful.

Kirudub,
Reactions: Mad_Max

Mars77

I found out that using capsules with the FF2 kinda spoils the taste as there's conduction..the vape was intended for full convection.Till now haven't found a better tasting vape..and it creates super smooth vapor ...Can't wait to try the Ghost Mv1 which is a full convection unit.

Mars77,
Reactions: Gregori

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
My FF1 is still my go-to portable concentrate unit as crazy as that might sound. It takes a couple lungfulls of air before it gets going...but omg when it gets going...WHAM such crazy thick clouds. Messy, but I can live with it. I assume nothing has changed on the Firefly 2, as its about time to get an upgrade. For owners of both, how much difference is there in the airflow? Negligible?

Edit: The Vape Gods are smiling upon me! VaporWorld has a deal on the FF2 with free pads jar and grinder: https://www.vapeworld.com/firefly-2-vaporizer/ I wish that Zebra was real wood!

Vapetologist,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom