The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
This (reliability) is my only concern since the 5yr warranty from FF1 is now 2yr for FF2!
Did they lose their ass in repairs or is the new one made in a different facility that has lower quality control?
I hope this isnt an issue, and that any needed repairs after the warranty arent priced for profit, but rather priced fairly and cost of parts and shipping only.
It appears, so far, that it is far more reliable than the FF1, at least in regards to essential functions like the heating coil.

I don't know why they shortened the warranty (though it's worth noting it's the same as S&B's portables) but it isn't because the 2 is less reliable...that's one area that was improved noticeably.

vape4fun

Hey Baron,

Thanks for followup but didn't test bc didn't want to use up more since was exchanging. I had shatter before from friend and melted instantly so not device but product. Thanks again for help

vape4fun,
Reactions: Baron23

Bassman999

It appears, so far, that it is far more reliable than the FF1, at least in regards to essential functions like the heating coil.

I don't know why they shortened the warranty (though it's worth noting it's the same as S&B's portables) but it isn't because the 2 is less reliable...that's one area that was improved noticeably.
Mine came today bought from Aroma-Tek and although they arent actually listed as an authorized dealer the serial is valid and Firefly says they will honor the warranty.
Saved $30 and no tax and free 2 day shipping.
I sound like a commercial, but I am not rich and these are expensive lol.

I do like the option to buy extra tops in different colors.

Has anyone tried to adapt this to a bubbler or bong yet?
I would love to see that or know where to get the parts if available or sale.

Bassman999,
Reactions: mitchgo61

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
eEFmSsz.jpg

Splorgle

Actively Dismembered
I didn't want to mention it until I had my order placed lol. Replacement mouthpieces appear to be back in stock as of now, for anyone who was interested!

Splorgle,

Bassman999

I think he meant ff1:shrug:
Oh ok lol.
In that case....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Firefly-Por...hash=item1ec2f7d134:m:mXI79xfp7gHTKTQ6fc46dbA
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Firefly-1-Vape-/272582610122?hash=item3f77308cca:g:D-8AAOSwuxFYt2hI
I cant verify if either is authentic, I did see others stated as clones, but didnt link them.
If you ask seller about authenticity, and he lies and sells you a fake you have 100% ebay support and they will refund you even if the seller wont. I have used ebay for over 10 yrs and they are a buyers market not seller oriented anymore.

sixstringsmash

I can totally see why some of you all want a FF1. I love the FF2 to death and it performs like a champion compared to the FF1 but my god the FF1 was just so much more aesthetically pleasing in my eyes. I wish firefly would make like a special edition FF2 that would perform like a current generation firefly but be made with those nice sleek stainless steel parts from the FF1. I would buy in an instant!

Bassman999

I can totally see why some of you all want a FF1. I love the FF2 to death and it performs like a champion compared to the FF1 but my god the FF1 was just so much more aesthetically pleasing in my eyes. I wish firefly would make like a special edition FF2 that would perform like a current generation firefly but be made with those nice sleek stainless steel parts from the FF1. I would buy in an instant!
Has anyone adapted the FF2 or 1 to a waterpipe, bong, or bubbler etc...yet?
Would be cool to buy a 1st gen since they are cheap to have a spare, assuming you actually find a real one.

sixstringsmash

Has anyone adapted the FF2 or 1 to a waterpipe, bong, or bubbler etc...yet?
Would be cool to buy a 1st gen since they are cheap to have a spare, assuming you actually find a real one.
The @Ratchett universal silicone adapter(either medium or large) makes a good fit on both firefly mouthpieces. The medium will be a real tight fit that you'll have to squeeze onto the mouthpiece real tight and the large will just kind of slide onto the mouthpiece. Go for the medium if you want a tight seal or the large if you want it to be easily put on and removed.

Bassman999

The @Ratchett universal silicone adapter(either medium or large) makes a good fit on both firefly mouthpieces. The medium will be a real tight fit that you'll have to squeeze onto the mouthpiece real tight and the large will just kind of slide onto the mouthpiece. Go for the medium if you want a tight seal or the large if you want it to be easily put on and removed.
Thanks for the reply!
Ill look those up

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"

Bassman999

Sorry ..... your original picture is of the origanal Firefly 1 in different colors ....I'm looking for a red one ...
Please post up here if you find what you are looking for.
I am sure they must be much cheaper now and might be nice to have both.

Bassman999,
Reactions: NYC_Frank

NYC_Frank

Please post up here if you find what you are looking for.
I am sure they must be much cheaper now and might be nice to have both.
So far the ones I've found on eBay are clones ... Firefly support recommends requesting the serial number from the seller and then email firefly requesting they confirm the authenticity before purchasing. One seller seems like he might have the real deal but I haven't heard back from him yet with the S/N number ....the price is $118

.....I've just gotta have a Ferrari red Firefly 1 to complement my Firefly 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bassman999

So far the ones I've found on eBay are clones ... Firefly support recommends requesting the serial number from the seller and then email firefly requesting they confirm the authenticity before purchasing. One seller seems like he might have the real deal but I haven't heard back from him yet with the S/N number ....the price is $118

.....I've just gotta have a Ferrari red Firefly 1 to complement my Firefly 2.
Good info on finding authentic.
Esp since the Firefly support are so responsive and fast!

Bassman999,

NYC_Frank

Good info on finding authentic.
Esp since the Firefly support are so responsive and fast!
I've seen a lot of complaints about FireFly support but my experience has been very positive. Usually takes 2 or 3 days to get a response to an email but I've struck up a friendship with one of the support agents who provided me a number I could text her when I need to concerning this ......I'm hooked

Bassman999

I've seen a lot of complaints about FireFly support but my experience has been very positive. Usually takes 2 or 3 days to get a response to an email but I've struck up a friendship with one of the support agents who provided me a number I could text her when I need to concerning this ......I'm hooked
They honestly were replying back and forth via email every 15 min like 10 consecutive emails. They even wished me happy bday lol.

I've had stellar service from FF support.
And again, using the FF2 with concentrates is giving my Divine Tribe gear a run for their money.
Loving it!
Can do the tuning on the concentrate setting to get 111% of 500F to get 555*F?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bassman999,

Bassman999

Sorry, please rephrase. :)
I havent used the FF or the FF2 yet, but as I understand the FF2 had an update to the app.
The update changed heating profiles so you can tune each setting up or down by 11%, but just not sure if thats gonna apply to the concentrate 500*F setting also or just the regular settings.
I have seen ppl dabbing concentrates way higher than 500F maybe thats needed maybe not?

Bassman999,

Adobewan

I've only used the default concentrate setting.
Killer results.

Wish there was a way for Firefly to update the internals of the FF1.
I am love, love, loving the FF2, a great upgrade, but I too, am nearly nostalgic for the look and feel of the FF1. What a body!
I'll always have my eye out for a solid used one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom