The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
@vape4fun I pack it fairly tight. Not like a Pax, but definitely not loose. I get amazing performance. Stirring requires a tool, whether a toothpick or something else, otherwise what you said happens IME. I have mine set on high and 109%. I get same size if not bigger than my Pax, infinitely tastier, and I get higher on less than my Pax.

I also noticed it performs better with medium to fine grind for me. I have to shred a bit more than normal in my medtainer, and the standard head shop grinders were not getting it fine enough.

My only regret is that I needed one in a pinch and got a white lid because that's the only color my local shop had.:tup:

vape4fun

Ok cool. I was taking material out onto the piece and putting it back in. You just stir it around with toothpick?

vape4fun,

Zack de la Mota

You should use the pad for any hash or concentrate that can liquefy and potentially clog the holes on the restrictor plate.
Right, so you put hash on the concentrate pads then, bubble hash? I'm still not clear on this. I heard some put hash on the flower and vape, but I'm not clear about that either.

I'm thinking about buying one, but it seems people divulge their strategy for flower quit freely but
nobody seems to elaborate on how the FF2 handles hash and the different types of hash.

Thanks to the people out there for all this info.

Zack de la Mota,

Lookatmeglow

I seem to have a bad case of VAS
Every type of concentrate I have used in the firefly 2 has been on top of the concentrate pad. Never done the sandwich method. I use the concentrate temperature setting on 111% power tuning. And I do a very simple short 5 second draw to get the concentrate to melt into the pad. After I just take slow consistent draws through the entire heating cycle.

Lookatmeglow,
Reactions: mixchu69

Jen

Ok cool. I was taking material out onto the piece and putting it back in. You just stir it around with toothpick?

I do it both ways, depending on where I am and if I have a stir tool handy. Either way works fine, definitely worth the quick stir, IME.

Jen,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Every type of concentrate I have used in the firefly 2 has been on top of the concentrate pad. Never done the sandwich method. I use the concentrate temperature setting on 111% power tuning. And I do a very simple short 5 second draw to get the concentrate to melt into the pad. After I just take slow consistent draws through the entire heating cycle.
Right, so you put hash on the concentrate pads then, bubble hash? I'm still not clear on this. I heard some put hash on the flower and vape, but I'm not clear about that either.

I'm thinking about buying one, but it seems people divulge their strategy for flower quit freely but
nobody seems to elaborate on how the FF2 handles hash and the different types of hash.
Yes I think you are safer by using the pad (pad on top of plate, hash on top of pad). Again if it's the kind of hash that can liquefy at below-combustion temps, the pad is better protection than a layer of flower.

There are a lot of FF2 concentrate enthusiasts on this thread. Try doing some searches or just surf backwards from here....seems like I've read many many posts about non-flower usage. (I'm not a concentrate guy myself so I'm none too useful in this space, other than to say "use the pad". :p)

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian

That or a pen or whatever I can find. I've used my keys before too lol. I've never removed it from the bowl though. Too long and messy IMO. And much more likely to spill.

yogoshio,

peterloveslubey

That or a pen or whatever I can find. I've used my keys before too lol. I've never removed it from the bowl though. Too long and messy IMO. And much more likely to spill.

I usually use the tip of my index finger, pull all the contents onto the glass part and then push them back into the bowl. I can mix if I need to and then sprinkle back into the bowl but rarely do and thats generally enough to get atleast 3-4 more hits. Easier, IMO, and dont need to worry about having a tool handy

peterloveslubey,

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Well I tried and they said no .... They classified it like a battery degradation issue and said the limited warranty on the battery had expired ...I've had it 5 months .... But I noticed that the problem only occurs when the battery is fully charged ...if I let it sit for a day it works fine ....my guess is that it degrades a little off the full charge and fools the electronics into working properly

Just wanted to provide an update here ... I emailed Firefly support once more after receiving their initial response and assured them that this was not a battery degradation issue and kind of implored them to reconsider which they quickly did. Spoke to a terrific support tech named Valerie who also helped me gt my hands on the white lid I've coveted for the past two months. I am a very very happy Firefly 2 owner now six months in, getting terrific performance on my vape.

Just a reminder to everybody to consider not letting your battery overcharge by just sitting in the cradle. Make sure to dischage fully before charging again.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
I've got a bunch of the extras... concentrate pads, external charger, zipper case. I just need a pack of mouthpieces, extra jet black lid, and battery cover. The only thing I really need as soon as possible as the mouthpieces, one of the little clips on the edge broke off. It still holds itself in place though. My lid and battery cover or fine, but I like having backups and extra pieces!
I got a couple of mouthpieces off eBay but haven't seen any lately .... Firefly is expecting a restock soon in all their backorder extras ...Chinese new year delayed their restocking.

I want that jet black lid .... Too cool

vape4fun

Hate to be this guy but the search function on this thread is killing me

First ever concentrates got some crumble. I live in NYC and it's been harder then expected to find some. Anywhoo put about three grains of rice in fly. Got some whispy not great tasting hits. Not sure if crumble melts into the pad or just sits on top when done? Mine didn't melt.

I got a bit toasted but not blown away but my theory is I didn't put enough. Less is more they say but maybe three grains of rice is too little.

I'm going with booger size next time and main question is what should crumble taste like? Can it taste bad and? Lastly when is it done? Does it melt into the pad or sit on top until end?

Concentrate setting is on by the way...

Cheers guys you're the best!

vape4fun,

Baron23

Hate to be this guy but the search function on this thread is killing me

First ever concentrates got some crumble. I live in NYC and it's been harder then expected to find some. Anywhoo put about three grains of rice in fly. Got some whispy not great tasting hits. Not sure if crumble melts into the pad or just sits on top when done? Mine didn't melt.

I got a bit toasted but not blown away but my theory is I didn't put enough. Less is more they say but maybe three grains of rice is too little.

I'm going with booger size next time and main question is what should crumble taste like? Can it taste bad and? Lastly when is it done? Does it melt into the pad or sit on top until end?

Concentrate setting is on by the way...

Cheers guys you're the best!
It should melt. Crumble, cake batter, budder, shatter, glass etc just describe the consistency...it still, at heart, is BHO and should completely melt if even an half-way decent product.

Baron23,
Reactions: mixchu69

Splorgle

Actively Dismembered
The "crumble" I had was crumbly like play doh, but melted down into the pad almost right away when heated. It didn't taste bad at all!

Splorgle,

vape4fun

Hmmm yeah it just sat on top after like 4-5 pulls. Would it matter how much was in there for melting purposes?

Like when done I shouldn't be scraping anything off the pad right?

vape4fun,

Bassman999

SOOO many pages here, and I am still reading...
But did the battery lie end up being improved over the original version?

I have one coming in the mail soon.

Bassman999,

Baron23

Hmmm yeah it just sat on top after like 4-5 pulls. Would it matter how much was in there for melting purposes?

Like when done I shouldn't be scraping anything off the pad right?
It really shouldn't. A couple of rice grains or a 'booger' size piece, yeah...its supposed to melt into your liquid pad.

Try this, take a little bit of your crumble, put it on a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil, heat underneath with a regular lighter (Bic will do) and see how it melts and if it melts fully.

I take it that being in NY this is grey market stuff? Yeah?

Baron23,

Splorgle

Actively Dismembered
SOOO many pages here, and I am still reading...
But did the battery lie end up being improved over the original version?

I have one coming in the mail soon.
Hey man, what battery lie are ya talking about? My batteries seem to work pretty good, never had the original FF though..

Splorgle,

Bassman999

Hey man, what battery lie are ya talking about? My batteries seem to work pretty good, never had the original FF though..
Sorry my keyboard sucks! Asking what is the battery (like)?
I was asking in response to the beginning of this thread and some youtube videos that the original FF battery only lasted maybe 3 sessions.
Looks to be the same battery in the FF2, but heard it heats faster now implying more power consumption maybe.
So just trying to get an idea how long the battery will last.

Bassman999,

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
Make sure the app is set to concentrate, and do some cigar puffs until it melts into the pad. Then rip away. If it's not melting make sure the lid is nice and tight.

vape4fun

Awesome thanks guys. It's a grey market in NYC but I've been buying solid bud from this guy for a while so it's not a shady deal in Washington square park!

I didn't have pad seated correctly (after use it fell right out) and was going long and slow and not cigar puff so hopefully when i try later it will work and if not I will free base it and make sure it melts

I put a peppercorn size in middle of pad and pushed it down a bit so it's stuck on there. Now just have to wait until after work to try it out....

vape4fun,
Reactions: Baron23

kcmochris

Let us know...Seems like you trust your connect. Looking forward to your results. I am in NYC as well and have yet to try concentrates but the cigar puff to get it going sounds like it might help. The Firefly does well with puffs (read: quick, in-rush current of air) to get the material (AND UNIT) hot quicker. Then....nice, and slow. Best of luck!

kcmochris,

vape4fun

Well the results were not good. I assume this is some sort of hash pretending to be crumble. Didn't melt, smell good, or taste good. Lucky guy is cool and exchanging for some gummy bears.

Back to square one with concentrates!

vape4fun,

Bassman999

Well the results were not good. I assume this is some sort of hash pretending to be crumble. Didn't melt, smell good, or taste good. Lucky guy is cool and exchanging for some gummy bears.

I have a 99% cbd slab coming I am gonna try on mine. Still waiting on the FF2 to arrive (ordered Sunday) then in a few days Ill have the Cbd as well. I have seen it vaped so pretty sure it will work.
Planning on teaching myself to make some concentrates that dont involve explosive gases ;)

Last edited:
Bassman999,

Baron23

Again, did you put some on a piece of heavy aluminum foil and heat from below with a Bic type lighter.

Then you will know if it will melt or if its your FF2.

Sounds like you are exchanging it anyway but if it don't melt, I ain't BHO concentrate.

Baron23,
Reactions: Adobewan

Bassman999

The app is really the least of my worries. I've had a crafty since day 1 and once I got my normal/boost temps dialed in it wasn't the kind of thing i wanted to play with all the time. Battery worries re:Bluetooth are kind of a moot point when we're talking about a device that heats to over 400F instantly, y'know? A little trickle of data's not going to make much difference to that kind of power reserve.

What does worry me, however, is reliability. I've been bitten too many times to pick this up without watching the early adopters for a while, considering how failure-prone the ff1 is.
This (reliability) is my only concern since the 5yr warranty from FF1 is now 2yr for FF2!
Did they lose their ass in repairs or is the new one made in a different facility that has lower quality control?
I hope this isnt an issue, and that any needed repairs after the warranty arent priced for profit, but rather priced fairly and cost of parts and shipping only.

Bassman999,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom