The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

b0

Cloudy...
It's interesting to hear that you still have use for your Thermovape T1 even though you own FF2 and the Grasshopper. Is it not possible to get FF2 completely clean like the T1?

According to critics Grasshopper vapor is harsh and hot, I wonder if that's something that can be controlled with draw speed like on T1, but it is the reason I thought FF2 would be better for me.

I tried a lot of different ways and it was still hot and too harsh for me. Maybe I'm a sensitive b**ch, other users doesn't have problems with it, but for me it was too much without water filtration. First time I have that issue with a vaporizer, FF2 is cool and smooth!

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Thanks for everything you have done for me @mitchgo61 !! Hope this guys at Firefly apreciate what you do for them, because what you did for me doesn't have price, I owe you my friend :bowdown:

And just in case, I don't want misunderstandings: I'm not bashing the company or their product. I like the product and had a really nice experience with members of the company, is just the CS response that sucks :\

It has been vicariously very frustrating seeing this be unresolved for you after all this time. If you lived near me I'd give you my FF and my batteries and consider it a good deal to get you out of this loop...I think you've been very upbeat during your wait and to have it end no better than when it started is super frustrating. Again I don't know what is different about their CS processes over say three years ago, other than maybe scale issues, but you deserve some satisfaction at this point.

I'm crossing my fingers this ends well, and soon. :\

kcmochris

kcmochris,
Reactions: CroZure
I got the ff2 because I was waiting for hopper, wanted to have something while the months for hopper delivery marched into the future. Now i got both. They both heat up super quick which puts them in a special class so different from the mighty/crafty.

Ff2 is my flavour vape. I do run it on high with a bud (non ground). Hit twice turn bud hit twice break up bud. Then put a concentrate pad on top if the broken up bud does not fill the bowl. Get great clouds then 3 or 4 draws and it is more than done. If no pad stir after second.

Grasshopper: Ease of carrying in my dream365 case. Using about .06 - .08 to fill chamber fluffilly. Using 4.5 so taste is not outstanding but extraction is fantastic. 3 to 4 long draws with secondary draws with heater off right after initial heater extraction (since lung extraction seems immediate). So quick and effective it is breathtaking.

Love them both

Ok, this is starting to be ridiculous. Firefly CS is awful and I can't be more dissapointed with it.

Every single time I contact them, I have to go through and alternate person because if I write directly to their email, they never answer. I was ok with that because I was at least, getting answers and it seems like everything was working. But after shipping my unit with batteries and charger, having to pay customs for a "replacement" unit and now open the box... I'm more than dissapointed.

It's exactly my same unit with only ONE of the batteries, exactly the battery that can't hold the charge for 24 hours even if I don't use it. So after the money and the time spend on this I have exactly the same but one battery less. I already write to them, but at this point I don't trust them anymore. In 2 emails I asked them what was wrong with my unit, why they were sending a "replacement" and they never answered any of my questions.

Really dissapointed at this point, gonna try to get a refund, I don't want to support this company anymore. It's a shame because I really like this vape when it works but the CS is totally unacceptable.

sigh........well this sucks. I've been following your story since the beginning because my ff2 also seems to have the same battery problems. I didn't want to send it in because it works superb despite the short-lived batteries and drainage. I've been really excited to hear about how your problem was solved. My sincerest condolences on how your problem was "solved". Good luck with your test in Spain and please keep us updated!

lazypotato,

b0

Cloudy...
So I have good news guys!!

I just started testing my unit and first of all it still hits as good as I remember, got some "Caramelo" when I landed in Spain and the flavor is amazingly sweet. So far it only has been 4 hits and 3 connections by bluetooth: 1 to change temp to medium, 2 to check the firmware, and 3 to check the firmware again after reading this:

FW 1.6
App 1.1.1(1)

This is the most recent released version of the app software, as far as I know.

So it seems like they actually did something with my old unit (YAY!!)

FJIwSH3h.jpg

Firmware 1.8! Damn I even feel bad now... It's true that they still fucked up with the battery and the total lack of answer to my 2 e-mails asking about what was wrong with my unit. They had like 10 days without answer and when they answered to me was because I got in contact with my other contact in FF, thx again @mitchgo61, and told me about returning the customs fee. No comments about what was wrong with my unit.

But in the end they actually changed something in my unit and are trying to improve my experience. I don't know if I'm just trying to be positive but I'm glad to see that they really care. At this point I was really dissapointed with the CS. In fact no news from the CS about my battery, but today that contact of mine told me that I should have an answer tomorrow and that she told someone important in the company about my issues with the CS.

So I will let you know how this goes, for the moment the unit has been more than 24 hours alive, the indicator shows full battery (we know that it's not always acurate and I don't have the latest app that sorts that) and I had 4 hits on med. This battery never lasted this long, so for the moment the unit is working better.

Now I only have one more problem, this one non related to FF... My plane company lost my luggage and I don't have the charger... Or clothes for my holidays :shrug:

Hope they recover it soon :doh:

sigh........well this sucks. I've been following your story since the beginning because my ff2 also seems to have the same battery problems. I didn't want to send it in because it works superb despite the short-lived batteries and drainage. I've been really excited to hear about how your problem was solved. My sincerest condolences on how your problem was "solved". Good luck with your test in Spain and please keep us updated!

Don't worry, if you're in the states it seems like they are really nice at the phone. Just give them a call and let them know your problem, I'm sure they will take care of you.

Last edited:

mitchgo61

Firmware 1.8! Damn I even feel bad now... It's true that they still fucked up with the battery and the total lack of answer to my 2 e-mails asking about what was wrong with my unit. They had like 10 days without answer and when they answered to me was because I got in contact with my other contact in FF, thx again @mitchgo61, and told me about returning the customs fee. No comments about what was wrong with my unit.

But in the end they actually changed something in my unit and are trying to improve my experience. I don't know if I'm just trying to be positive but I'm glad to see that they really care. At this point I was really dissapointed with the CS. In fact no news from the CS about my battery, but today that contact of mine told me that I should have an answer tomorrow and that she told someone important in the company about my issues with the CS.

Interesting. 1.8 is actually one of the test firmware versions. The most recent is 1.9...so they gave you a newer version of the firmware.

Doesn't make up for a missing battery but it's better than nothing. :lol: Glad to hear it's working better.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I am curious about the firmware and App. How much customisation is possible in the future? I know power teaking is coming, but will we be able to create our own custom power levels at some point? Will we be able to pick our own specific temperatures? Or vary temperatures over a specific time period. (I.e. starting off low and getting higher). How about the buttons? Could we program them in the future to change temps?

@mitchgo61 Could you ask what the possibilites are ? :-)

Loving my firefly 2. After a small learning curve of 1 or 2 bowels i found this to be a great vape so far. Review to follow!

b0

Cloudy...
I am curious about the firmware and App. How much customisation is possible in the future? I know power teaking is coming, but will we be able to create our own custom power levels at some point? Will we be able to pick our own specific temperatures? Or vary temperatures over a specific time period. (I.e. starting off low and getting higher). How about the buttons? Could we program them in the future to change temps?

@mitchgo61 Could you ask what the possibilites are ? :-)

Loving my firefly 2. After a small learning curve of 1 or 2 bowels i found this to be a great vape so far. Review to follow!

The only thing I know for sure (it was already talked here) is that the buttons ate not gonna be able to change temps. It seems like it only can be changed through app, not sure why tho

b0,

toked23

Well I won't be getting firefly 2 cause my psycho wife. Haha, it's 2016 an still have to deal with Bullshit from herb thinking it's evil an the devil. Just wow

Ha, dealt with the evil talk before. It was more from a uneducated situation than reality.

toked23,

fogbank

It's interesting to hear that you still have use for your Thermovape T1 even though you own FF2 and the Grasshopper. Is it not possible to get FF2 completely clean like the T1?

According to critics Grasshopper vapor is harsh and hot, I wonder if that's something that can be controlled with draw speed like on T1, but it is the reason I thought FF2 would be better for me.

I don't think I can get the FF2 as clean as the T1, simply because I can't disassemble it and soak the parts in ISO. I feel pretty good about the Grasshopper though. I brought it with me the last time I flew, but that was between CA and CO, so between legal states.

The vapor from the Grasshopper is hotter than the vapor from the FF2, but that doesn't really bother me. I don't think you can control the heat of the vapor from the Grasshopper using draw speed...it just takes a lot of heat to produce vapor so quickly, and it seems to produce more vapor the faster you draw (to a point anyway).

If you're after cool vapor then the FF2 wins over the GH.

battersup21

Hello fellow fireflyers!

Just picked up a new black FF2 and thought I would share my experience so far. I am very experienced with the fly and used FF1 as my only toking device for about 2 years. I loved it.
  • the new plastic mouth piece is very disappointing. All I can taste is plastic which is a dam shame because FF1 had all metal mouth piece and the taste was fantastic.
  • so far I am not getting the rich thick dense vapor that I was able to produce almost everytime with FF1. I have been getting more whispy and much less dense vapor. I am flirting with new draw speeds, but so far what worked for me with FF1 is not working so well with FF2.
  • My draws seem much cooler which I am saying as a bad thing, with FF1 you could feel the heat start to build in your throat when the vapor started getting thick. With FF2, it feels ice cold and the vapor thickness never comes. In this case I miss the heat!!!
I see many people talking about how you can't expect large clouds from a FF, but I will tell you first hand that is wrong bigtime. I had 3 FF1 units and they all produced the biggest clouds I could have ever wanted. Right now I use a Cloud Evo as my go to machine, which is an incredible machine BTW, but I can honestly say that FF1 produced richer thicker vapor than even my Cloud evo, which sounds crazy but its true.

Obviously I purchased FF2 with high expectations considering I had such great results with FF1, but so far I have not been getting the same results as I did with FF1.

battersup21,

steveotr

Hi Everyone,

I just had to send my firefly 2 back after using it a few times. After the third charge and using about 1/2 the battery the firefly just died. No red flashes for low battery, just died. Put it on the charger for 8 hrs and it did not charge. The blue light flashes as if it is charging, but no charge. I switched batteries and no change. Has anybody experienced this before??

I bought this unit from Ahalife.com and thought I was getting a great deal for 296.00. Turns out not such a great deal as they will not accept any open box return be it defective or not. I spoke with CS 2x, said they would get back to me but never did. I can only hope firefly CS does me right. Now I'm back to vaping on the Arizer Air with that hot glass stem/ bowl!

steveotr,
Reactions: blue80217

Vaporcussion

Just some observations after using my new FF2 for a month

1) The taste is incredible. It reminds me of my old Vapolution with the glass straw, without the danger of burning.
2) The worst aspect is the placement of the buttons, and how you have to hold it straight out (pipe style) for 10-20 seconds; doesn't work well in public. Not ergonomic. Wish I could hold it "down" like a pen.
3) Stirring sucks and is messy, but definitely helps. Not possible while driving, and you always lose some material when stirring....
4) I tried concentrates for the first time, through the FF2. It was a great experience. Just wow.
5) Afterwards I packed a bowl of dry herb, but couldn't vape it because my phone was in another room, and it was still set for concentrates. Ugh! They really need to give us manual control on the vape. Holding both buttons in with one hand while holding a phone with the other is not cool. I like to heat up on Med high, but immediately go to medium and draw, so a quick temp change on the unit would be so helpful. And what if your phone battery is dead? At least the Crafty gives you two presets.
6) Bought a box of little alcohol wipes, work great, super easy to clean.
7) Coarse herb didn't work for me that well, I went back to a finer grind, and I blow out the mouthpiece frequently (turn it upside down so the dust doesn't go up your nose!)
Lastly, this vape gets me higher somehow. I wonder if it's the fact that you have to take a full lung (yoga) type breath?

mitchgo61

Obviously I purchased FF2 with high expectations considering I had such great results with FF1, but so far I have not been getting the same results as I did with FF1.

Did you play with all the usual suspects, ie grind, pack style, etc? I find I get so-so results with a small load, and pretty excellent results consistently with a very dense pack. I think it's actually more sensitive to pack density than the FF1, but people seem to have varying experiences. I would play with a few things to see if you improve your results.
5) Afterwards I packed a bowl of dry herb, but couldn't vape it because my phone was in another room, and it was still set for concentrates. Ugh! They really need to give us manual control on the vape. Holding both buttons in with one hand while holding a phone with the other is not cool. I like to heat up on Med high, but immediately go to medium and draw, so a quick temp change on the unit would be so helpful. And what if your phone battery is dead? At least the Crafty gives you two presets.

FWIW I've vaped dry herb on both High and Concentrate settings, and while the latter is not ideal, I avoided combustion by taking shorter hits. It was fairly easy to adjust...in case you are in some kind of emergency situation where you absolutely must do this. :p

BTW you can set the button activation config to either left or right buttons....you don't have to leave it on "both", if that's a big issue for you.

I just had to send my firefly 2 back after using it a few times. After the third charge and using about 1/2 the battery the firefly just died. No red flashes for low battery, just died. Put it on the charger for 8 hrs and it did not charge. The blue light flashes as if it is charging, but no charge. I switched batteries and no change. Has anybody experienced this before??!

So what happens when you try to use the FF? You don't get any green light whatsoever?

If you are waiting for a solid blue, just try using the device anyway. (Can you connect it to the app?)

Give us a little more detail on the behavior you're seeing and maybe someone can figure it out...

mitchgo61,
Reactions: kcmochris

kcmochris

I'm a bit annoyed about the app update. Guy on phone assured me 4 weeks ago they were finishing up testing and it would be out in a week at the most!!

This post was from Thu, Aug 18th. Just thought I'd stir the topic pot up a lil. I'm aware of the second build being freshly launched that week (as per @mitchgo61). I'm excited to play around with the temp. tweaking feature! Can't say the FF is lacking without the update.

Those who have it--anything new from that second build? Once again, I'm sure it won't be too long before the public will have it. Getting antsy I guess :)

kcmochris,

peterloveslubey

Just some observations after using my new FF2 for a month

2) The worst aspect is the placement of the buttons, and how you have to hold it straight out (pipe style) for 10-20 seconds; doesn't work well in public. Not ergonomic. Wish I could hold it "down" like a pen.

make an upside down U with your right hand (fingers and thumb pointing down) and place the firefly against your palm, you can use your ring finger to hold down one button and your palm, or thumb pad, to hold down the other.. use it this way on the golf course and 80% of the firefly is covered so it just looks like I'm holding my hand up to my face :)

jdent3

Lastly, this vape gets me higher somehow. I wonder if it's the fact that you have to take a full lung (yoga) type breath?

I agree the high from the ff2 is excellent. Some people are so focused on clouds that if they don't get Mighty size clouds there dissapointed. Personally I get clouds similar in size to the Arizer Air which produces decent clouds but nothing crazy. I feel like the thc is more concentrated in the ff2 clouds than most vapes. This is why I get way higher with the ff2 than from the same size bowl from the Air. This could be due to being convection but I'm not entirely sure.

Last edited:

vape4fun

Everyday waiting for the App update!

I picked up pax 2 yesterday and the half oven lid as well as delta studios cap which my friend reccomended and no smell at all. I tried the one vape life but there's no such thing. Walking up from subway trying to then hit fly was futile. I am in decent shape but just couldn't walk and hold breath for thirty seconds. Also some situations stirring is tricky or when vaping with nubes or more than 2 people.

All this being said if I'm at home alone I will always reach for the fly but yeah there's no such thing as a vape for all needs.

steveotr

Did you play with all the usual suspects, ie grind, pack style, etc? I find I get so-so results with a small load, and pretty excellent results consistently with a very dense pack. I think it's actually more sensitive to pack density than the FF1, but people seem to have varying experiences. I would play with a few things to see if you improve your results.

FWIW I've vaped dry herb on both High and Concentrate settings, and while the latter is not ideal, I avoided combustion by taking shorter hits. It was fairly easy to adjust...in case you are in some kind of emergency situation where you absolutely must do this. :p

BTW you can set the button activation config to either left or right buttons....you don't have to leave it on "both", if that's a big issue for you.

So what happens when you try to use the FF? You don't get any green light whatsoever?

If you are waiting for a solid blue, just try using the device anyway. (Can you connect it to the app?)

Give us a little more detail on the behavior you're seeing and maybe someone can figure it out...
I never get the solid blue light. When I tried to use the FF with a half charged battery (the extra one they gave me) it worked until that battery died and then couldn't be recharged. It will connect to the app when on the dock. Maybe the dock is bad, but that seems unlikely.

steveotr,

jay87

Everyday waiting for the App update!

I picked up pax 2 yesterday and the half oven lid as well as delta studios cap which my friend reccomended and no smell at all. I tried the one vape life but there's no such thing. Walking up from subway trying to then hit fly was futile. I am in decent shape but just couldn't walk and hold breath for thirty seconds. Also some situations stirring is tricky or when vaping with nubes or more than 2 people.

All this being said if I'm at home alone I will always reach for the fly but yeah there's no such thing as a vape for all needs.

I'm also waiting for that app update. :brow:

I'm hoping that that 10% power increase will be just the thing to kick the vapor production up a notch and make it easier for anyone to get a nice draw.

jay87,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom