• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh4dy15

Here is another pic of my lid, excuse the dirt:
Lid%20Pic%203.jpg

BTW I did not fix the lid gasket, but I found that if I hold the gasket along the edges and then place it on the base, and then use the unit that the gasket will temporarily stick to the lid. However, as soon as I clean the lid the gasket becomes undone and I have to repeat the above said process.

Ok that looks more like it...thats so crazy how different it looked. It does look like the cleaning ate it away. Hope thats not a widespread issue.

Sh4dy15,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
NWT Holdings, LLC provides a limited warranty on the Firefly TM device and accessories against defects in material and/or workmanship under normal use for a period of (2) years from the date of purchase.

If it in an accessory which it's not you're still covered for two years so.....

This is a really good point. The stated warranty time does not agree with a "30 day on accessories " policy. I also agree the lid is not an accessory. A case...a charger....pads....those are accessories. Any parts essential to operation would never be considered accessories.

Here is another pic of my lid, excuse the dirt:
BTW I did not fix the lid gasket, but I found that if I hold the gasket along the edges and then place it on the base, and then use the unit that the gasket will temporarily stick to the lid. However, as soon as I clean the lid the gasket becomes undone and I have to repeat the above said process.

My prototype has a loose-ish seal, but not this bad. Same thing....unit works fine if you hold the seal down when seating the lid.

Oh, and then this tomorrow....good time for questions...:p

2hq402a.jpg

Last edited:

spamjam

The left button on my FF2 stopped working. I've had the unit about a month and typically do only a draw or two a day. I left a message with support and am waiting for a response.

I've been very happy with the FF2, but don't really have anything to compare it to as I've only taken up cannabis within the past half year after a 28 year break (!).

spamjam,

jay87

Just a general tip to keep in mind when using this device:

The FF2 begins heating your material when you begin your draw while the heater is on and it stops heating your material as soon as you stop drawing.

The device does NOT start heating your material when the buttons are pushed and the heater is turned on, and it does NOT stop heating your material when the buttons are let go and the heater is turned off.

Everything revolves around your draw.

This is important as I can imagine people who might not understand this saying something like: "I held the heater button for 20 minutes then took a draw and didn't get any vapor, wtf omg this thing is broken!!!!"

Keeping the above in mind you can increase the density of your clouds and harshness of your vapor by maximizing the time spent actively drawing and minimizing the time in-between draws. :leaf:

I have been experimenting with micro loads. See
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cannabis-bad-trip.21924/

I seem to be having success.

1. Hand torn probably lightly would tap to 1/4-1/2 fill. Easily moves shaken or tapped.
2. Needs long and hot draws to fully abv it. Run on high using slow draw mixed with fast draw and pinch. Needs to be
Shaken hit stirred before abv gets all done. Abv creation a bit uneven but then gets there.
3. Seems to work great and very different then normal lightly tapped course ground method.

I use the liquid pad on top of the bowl, on high....seems to boost the temp a bit, but still south of the concentrate setting. (I haven't heard of any plans to add another temp level...)

I added the pad over a dose that just covered the bottom. Put pad on top. This really
worked better. I did stir once by removing the pad to see what was left after 3 draws. SLow
draws mixed with quick. And then it was finished on the next draw. It does seem to boost
the temperature and that seems to help with so little material.

MonsterWithoutBorders,
Reactions: mitchgo61

mitchgo61

Btw apparently they are giving away an FF2
during the AMA tomorrow to the person who gives the best answer (obviously this applies to folks who don't work for FF!). Hopefully everyone knows their FF shit. :p

mitchgo61,
Reactions: turk

turk

turk
....some of the questions are reflective of questions asked here...some are answered
...some are not....

turk,

stinkytofus

paying $330 for the device, the WHOLE thing plus accessories better be covered, the warranty isn't even that long tbh... 2 years flies by lol

stinkytofus,

thecurmudgeon

Anyone dissect a lid yet? Was thinking about frosting the glass for slight stealth and building a little stirrer holster in.

thecurmudgeon,

vape4fun

Hey guys,

Those of you who did 2/1 lid deal did you have to deal with burn off and chemical tasting lids? I'm hoping they don't ship them in the same bad tasting materials as they did with the fly but please let me know....

vape4fun,
Reactions: steama

JustsVapeityo

Hey guys,

Those of you who did 2/1 lid deal did you have to deal with burn off and chemical tasting lids? I'm hoping they don't ship them in the same bad tasting materials as they did with the fly but please let me know....

Just got my 2/1 lids, red and blue to go with my black. There was zero retail packaging. Each lid had a plastic film on the glass side and was in a bubble wrap sleeve. Shipped in a box with packing paper. I can't smell anything from the lids, but that don't mean you won't. Guess the packaging doesn't really matter but i was expecting some kinda retail packaging.

JustsVapeityo,
Reactions: steama

Pears

Just got my 2/1 lids, red and blue to go with my black. There was zero retail packaging. Each lid had a plastic film on the glass side and was in a bubble wrap sleeve. Shipped in a box with packing paper. I can't smell anything from the lids, but that don't mean you won't. Guess the packaging doesn't really matter but i was expecting some kinda retail packaging.
Eh if I was getting it in a store I'd hope for retail packaging but with the online ordering you already know what you're getting. Saves them money and the world trees and oil.

Baron23

Sweet video, very professional. I even learned a new 'stir technique' for those moments I don't have a toothpick. I don't see how a person could miss after watching this video unless their herb was not dry enough. I am also glad he pointed out it is easy to get great vapor from a firefly, because it really is.

:tup:
So help me out, if as easy as shown in the video, why have so many people struggled to produce any vapor much less the dense clouds he was blowing? Seriously, I'm not bashing here, but trying to understand. Frankly, I'm skeptical as if it was that easy to generate those kind of clouds I suspect that we would not have seen all of the posts of people struggling.

colomarijuana

So help me out, if as easy as shown in the video, why have so many people struggled to produce any vapor much less the dense clouds he was blowing? Seriously, I'm not bashing here, but trying to understand. Frankly, I'm skeptical as if it was that easy to generate those kind of clouds I suspect that we would not have seen all of the posts of people struggling.

I'm sure there was some lighting involved as I can make huge looking, dense clouds with the right lighting too https://www.instagram.com/p/BGPPZHmPz37/

Getting vapor in 10 seconds is easy for me now. There was a learning curve however and videos like this help shorten that.

Baron23

I honestly do not know? The FF2 has always worked great for me from the first draw --- I guess I just missed the learning curve. I have always been 'completely baffled' by people who struggle with the FF2. The Firefly 1 had people that could never get it if my recollection is correct.

Also, there is The Vape Critic's instructional video for the FF2 that covers all the bases. Very detailed and very accurate. Good videos indeed, but I was getting great vapor from the FF2 with little to no effort or instruction. FF2 kicks ass on the FF1 in my opinion (no offence intended to the FF1 lovers).
Thanks.....I appreciate your taking the time to reply.

Cheers

Baron23,

jay87

@Baron23 That definitely was not the very first draw he took when he exhaled the first time in the video. Either that or the material he's using is the greatest quality known to man, that or just a different kind of herb entirely.

Don't get me wrong the cloud is 100% believable but it would take my FF2 at least 1 warmup draw to get hot enough to make as big of a cloud as he did on his first draw.

With the Firefly 2 the clouds are there, the feeling of strong vapor is there, the potency is definitely there, and the taste is pretty much as good as it gets. There's a lot of talk about the FF2 having weak vapor but that is completely false in my experience.

You do have to learn to use the Firefly 2 to get the best results but the learning curve gripe is blown way out of proportion. You pack it, you put the lid on, you take a long draw, then another, and the more you draw the more clouds you get. It's that simple. I had success my first draw and got better from each draw from then on. Once you get used to how long and fast to draw you don't have to think about it.

The potency and efficiency of the FF2 is as good as any portable vaporizer out there including concentrate vaporizers if you're using concentrates.

This is the cleanest vape I've ever had in terms of vapor quality. In terms of maintenance I'd say cleaning every 3-5 sessions is good enough for the moderate clean freaks but cleaning can be done in 30 seconds so it's easily doable to clean every session if you really wanted to.

I've had the Firefly 2 for awhile now and even after the initial excitement has worn off I still find myself saying "This thing is so good." :whoa:

Baron23

Either that or the material he's using is the greatest quality known to man, that or just a different kind of herb entirely.

Yep, I had thought of that but didn't want to impugn the guy's character. With some videos from some folks I dang well know what they show is cannabis vapor...others, I sometimes wonder.

Someone mentioned lighting, but this guy was lit face on without a dark background so I really don't think this was a lighting trick.

Anyway, I don't have an FF2 but have been watching this thread for a while and, as I have often said, I really want the FF2 to be a great, dependable, success as I would like to have one.

mitchgo61

I honestly do not know? The FF2 has always worked great for me from the first draw --- I guess I just missed the learning curve. I have always been 'completely baffled' by people who struggle with the FF2. The Firefly 1 had people that could never get it if my recollection is correct.

Also, there is The Vape Critic's instructional video for the FF2 that covers all the bases. Very detailed and very accurate. Good videos indeed, but I was getting great vapor from the FF2 with little to no effort or instruction. FF2 kicks ass on the FF1 in my opinion (no offence intended to the FF1 lovers).

I agree. Not that some methods don't work better than others (I can't get great results from a micro-load, unless I use the pad) but in general I've never had any issues getting good vapor right from the first hit...although these days I pretty much just start on High.

There are some quirks, like the battery meter, but in general I think it's got a pretty short learning curve. Perhaps it's easier for those of us who've had the FF1 for a couple years. Compared to the 1, the 2 is really really easy. :2c:

jezmund

Air intake question - I've sealed up my FF2 everywhere I could with painters tape and I can not get it to stop allowing air in. See photos.

Where could air be getting in?

I'm doing this is to see if there could be any fresh air coming in that's diluting the vapor.

I'm pressing down on the lid and it's not changing anything. I can still basically take a draw even with all this tape on it.

I tried to see if the tape will let air through on its own and it won't.

nel1XNO

qljXU8o

bG5zdyU

0xetmzF

http://imgur.com/nel1XNO
http://imgur.com/qljXU8o
http://imgur.com/bG5zdyU
http://imgur.com/0xetmzF

Last edited:
jezmund,

BabaRobDass

Air intake question - I've sealed up my FF2 everywhere I could with painters tape and I can not get it to stop allowing air in. See photos.

Where could air be getting in?

I'm doing this is to see if there could be any fresh air coming in that's diluting the vapor.

I'm pressing down on the lid and it's not changing anything. I can still basically take a draw even with all this tape on it.

I tried to see if the tape will let air through on its own and it won't.

nel1XNO

qljXU8o

bG5zdyU

0xetmzF

http://imgur.com/nel1XNO
http://imgur.com/qljXU8o
http://imgur.com/bG5zdyU
http://imgur.com/0xetmzF

How does the unit work when you're not being a mad scientist i.e. with all the tape off? If it works, may I ask why you are doing these experiments?

jezmund

Ok I just added tape all around the lid and figured it out. It's the mouthpiece. Air gets in around the mouthpiece seal.

If I take off the mouthpiece, make a seal with my lips and try to draw I can't.

Hmm...this seems like it would be thinning out my vapor.

@BabaRobDass The reason I'm doing these experiments is that I'm still trying to decide how I feel about the unit.

I was hoping this would be the portable equivalent of my e-nano, which I love because its so efficient. So far it's not. But I'm still trying to figure out how to use it better. I think my experience can improve. My experience, and friends who used it this weekend, felt that is was more confusing than the Pax1 I've used which gives off very obvious, if not the smoothest vapor. Don't get me wrong, I still get vapor and effects, but there is an element of how well it's working that is lingering.

However if my mouthpiece is allowing air to get in, then I think this whole FF2 equation would be thrown off.

Last edited:
jezmund,

BabaRobDass

Ok I just added tape all around the lid and figured it out. It's the mouthpiece. Air gets in around the mouthpiece seal.

If I take off the mouthpiece, make a seal with my lips and try to draw I can't.

Hmm...this seems like it would be thinning out my vapor.

@BabaRobDass The reason I'm doing these experiments is that I'm still trying to decide how I feel about the unit.

I was hoping this would be the portable equivalent of my e-nano. So far it's not. But I'm still trying to figure out how to use it better. I think my experience could get better. My experience is that it's more confusing than the Pax1 I've used which gives off very obvious, if not the smoothest vapor.

However if my mouthpiece is allowing air to get in, then I think this whole FF2 equation would be thrown off.

Maybe your mouthpiece is not seated all the way properly? Even so, that doesn't sound like a problem to me. Irrespective of what vapor looks like, are you getting properly medicated?

BabaRobDass,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom