The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

natural farmer

I have tried small loads, with decent but not great success. Better than FF1....but, IME, micro-loads are not in the FF's wheelhouse. :2c: YMMV and all that.

That was one of the few reasons I broke up with my FF1... It was just not good with 0.05 loads. And the battery sucked and I couldn't get an easy warranty in Europe... But I still like the FF, ESPECIALLY THE 2!

b0

Cloudy...
I like to use between 0.05 and 1.0 but right now I have the VapCap that works amazing with small loads so for me it's not gonna be a problem as long as it works good with 1.0

Is stirring still needed with a coarse grind in a 1.0 load?

b0,

studmuffin

Greetings, Firefly Nation. On the topic of the necessity of stirring, . . , I never stir. Period. It's not necessary, in my experience of having had at least 2,800 bowls. Every draw I take is for the full duration of the heat cycle. After 5 or 6 full-length draws, the material is totally "spent", even though it appears that the ABV does not have an even degree of dark color. To me, this is totally reasonable and expected, as the composition and density of the material varies, from stem, to leaf, to trichome. Also, I have never removed/replaced the screen in my Firefly1. Not necessary.

:myday:

studmuffin,
Reactions: nacho257

RobDaBomb

That was one of the few reasons I broke up with my FF1... It was just not good with 0.05 loads.

If it's any consolidation, the Firefly does not cook any extra material in the bowl when you're not using. So if you only like .05 in one session, thats fine. You can pack .1 and have two separate small sessions, I regularly carried around my Firefly with an 'in-progress' bowl still packed. Works beautifully.

Although regardless, I've found loosely packed micro bowls to work quite well in my Fly. The only real issue was having to draw slow enough to keep the temp in there (also so you wouldn't inhale any weed particles through the mouthpiece - but this won't be an issue as the Firefly 2 has a mouthpiece screen anyway).

Also on the topic of stirring - I've never really found it too much of an issue. The only time the device ever really needed stirring was when I packed it so tightly that the bud looked as if it was pressed into a bowl-shaped brick. If it was packed loose enough, then just a fast inhale or shake in the hand was enough to give it all the stir it needed.

EDIT - Just to clarify, stirring never hurts and can only help your bowl. So if you can do it then do it, but don't let "not wanting to stir" be the ultimate make or break it factor on the Firefly 2. Sure if you want to get the absolute most out of your bowl then stirring is helpful, but either way the Firefly will still be more efficient than most other portables. A half browned bowl in my Fly gets me wayyy more toasted than almost a fully browned bowl in my Crafty.

Last edited:

Tickdickler

I have a broken FF1 I wonder if they will eventually start giving FF2s as warranty replacements. I'd love to get the FF2 as well but not until I find out if its going to have the issues where it needs to be sent back multiple times. My 3rd FF1 has been broken awhile only after using it for a month. Don't know if I'm just really unlucky but I hope they got the kinks worked out.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I have a broken FF1 I wonder if they will eventually start giving FF2s as warranty replacements. I'd love to get the FF2 as well but not until I find out if its going to have the issues where it needs to be sent back multiple times. My 3rd FF1 has been broken awhile only after using it for a month. Don't know if I'm just really unlucky but I hope they got the kinks worked out.

I have wondered about this myself. But even though they are no longer manufacturing them, I would guess there are still plenty of warehoused FF1s to use for warranty replacements.

Tickdickler

I have wondered about this myself. But even though they are no longer manufacturing them, I would guess there are still plenty of warehoused FF1s to use for warranty replacements.

Well the warranty is 5 years and I probably got around 3 years left. So maybe I will just wait a year to RMA it haha. Though if I wait that long I might be able to get another one and have that break in that time. Mailing these things out is so annoying. They should cover the shipping cost with tracking. I spent $280 for the vape and now for the 3rd time its going to cost me 15-20 dollars to ship it again.

I'm in a quandary but I will probably mail it in soon. I did really like the FF1.

Tickdickler,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Well the warranty is 5 years and I probably got around 3 years left. So maybe I will just wait a year to RMA it haha. Though if I wait that long I might be able to get another one and have that break in that time. Mailing these things out is so annoying. They should cover the shipping cost with tracking. I spent $280 for the vape and now for the 3rd time its going to cost me 15-20 dollars to ship it again.

I'm in a quandary but I will probably mail it in soon. I did really like the FF1.

That's kinda weird, they never made me pay for shipping. Ask them for shipping both ways...if the thing breaks under warranty, and it's no fault of your own, you shouldn't have to pay for shipping in either direction.

As for waiting to return it....I have a feeling it'll be awhile before they run out of "replacement" FF1s. Just a wild-ass guess on my part. :p

Tickdickler

I don't see why anyone expects a free upgrade. If you take your car in for warranty work do you get a new model?

I don't expect it to happen, at least not right away I was just wondering if its a possibility down the road because the warranty is 5 years and maybe they will run out of FF1s in that time since they are no longer in production. Though they probably could just keep fixing the FF1s and keep sending them back out if it saves them enough money.

marduk

daydreamer
You can download the app from the plat store if you have Android.

Well, this is interesting. Anyone else have a problem with the app permissions or am I just being paranoid?

MUSVQNy.png

Jack Sprat

Well, this is interesting. Anyone else have a problem with the app permissions or am I just being paranoid?

MUSVQNy.png
Totally unacceptable. There is no reason for this app to need your location info. What other permissions does it ask for? I can't find it on the Play store.

That site is dodgy. According to Scott as Haze no one has used their new Square vape yet, but this guy has a review up saying how great it is.

Last edited:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall

MUSVQNy.png

That's hilarious! :rofl:
So the app needs your location, and access to the content of your USB storage?
Does it also use Gmaps to guide you to the nearest cop-shop, and bluetooth to print out all the evidence pertinent to your confession?

Sorry, not really hatin' on Firefly ( I like the sound of this device, really ) but didn't anyone there think that this kind of thing might be odious to a large proportion of their target market?

Hopefully they'll have the sense to change those permissions before a proper release? :worms:

marduk

daydreamer
Totally unacceptable. There is no reason for this app to need your location info. What other permissions does it ask for? I can't find it on the Play store.

The other pemissions are normal bluetooth/network access. Search for "firefly vapor" on the Play store, it should be the first hit.

UnshavenFish

Well I just got the app on my iPhone, I never have location turned on but I'm in Newcastle come get me :D and if anyone want to look through my photos/media good luck to them, they won't sleep for weeks :lol:

No firefly 2 yet but might as well get ready, app seems simple to use although I'm guessing I will use it once then forget about it like my crafty.

darkrom

Great Scott!
How about before the privacy nuts (I include myself there generally no insult meant) shoot a quick email to firefly and ask for explanations of each permission that bugs you? Devs are usually happy to share.

Meanwhile why don't we just DL the app and see what happens when you deny various permissions? I'll do that now since IDC about my cannabis use being out there. Medical state and all, plus I'm not thinking firefly is exactly a scummy company doing anything wrong...

Edit: ohhhh you guys are gunna be pissed :/ it checks for location permission on start up. It closes the app if not granted. That being said I have my location services off. It works with the location service off, but the permission still granted. So perhaps some will find it acceptable to toggle GPS off if you want to adjust temp. For me I leave GPS off all the time unless I'm using it, then I toggle location on. So that's the info. Now my issue is what do you guys view the harm with this particular company? They are not an IT company or anything, so do you really think they are stealing data, reporting cannabis users to the cops (their entire market base), coming to your house to steal your organs etc? I get the privacy just as a policy, and that describes me generally, but what's the absolute worst case of realistic permission abuse that anyone believes could be happening?

RMHLO2d.jpg

Last edited:

Jack Sprat

How about before the privacy nuts (I include myself there generally no insult meant) shoot a quick email to firefly and ask for explanations of each permission that bugs you? Devs are usually happy to share.

Meanwhile why don't we just DL the app and see what happens when you deny various permissions? I'll do that now since IDC about my cannabis use being out there. Medical state and all, plus I'm not thinking firefly is exactly a scummy company doing anything wrong...

Edit: ohhhh you guys are gunna be pissed :/ it checks for location permission on start up. It closes the app if not granted. That being said I have my location services off. It works with the location service off, but the permission still granted. So perhaps some will find it acceptable to toggle GPS off if you want to adjust temp. For me I leave GPS off all the time unless I'm using it, then I toggle location on. So that's the info. Now my issue is what do you guys view the harm with this particular company? They are not an IT company or anything, so do you really think they are stealing data, reporting cannabis users to the cops (their entire market base), coming to your house to steal your organs etc? I get the privacy just as a policy, and that describes me generally, but what's the absolute worst case of realistic permission abuse that anyone believes could be happening?

RMHLO2d.jpg
Most likely they are creating a profile of users (perhaps anonymously) and data mining it to monetize it. It's very common with apps that ask for unnecessary permissions. Personally I don't like that in any app, especially a paid one.

perennialflare

RMHLO2d.jpg

For me, it's not so much what FF will specifically do to me, so much that with how little privacy we get with the internet and modern technology, I don't want to give companies my whereabouts too.

Also, even with GPS off, it says it will still get your approximate, network based location anyways, which isn't cool either. I too have GPS permanently turned off unless I'm actively lost.

Jack Sprat

For me, it's not so much what FF will specifically do to me, so much that with how little privacy we get with the internet and modern technology, I don't want to give companies my whereabouts too.

Also, even with GPS off, it says it will still get your approximate, network based location anyways, which isn't cool either. I too have GPS permanently turned off unless I'm actively lost.
Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom