1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by Rockwise, Jan 5, 2010.

1. CuckFumbustion

CuckFumbustion Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.

The one listing for 167.99 says it 'Authorized distributor.' in the bullet points. I don't know Amazon or your seller. But Arizer will only take returns from an "Authorized dealer." The other listed 'Lifetime Warranty.' That can't be right? :hmm:
    So if it arrives DOA can you RMA? That is my concern as a person who bought his first EQ from an authorized dealer and RMA'ed it back to Canada for a repair. There wasn't a US A.D. at the time. :bang:

There was an A.D. of Arizer that even did in house repairs, So it didn't always have to go to Canada. Anyone remember? Also Puffitup is a known FC member around here and A.D. of the Arizer.

kellya86 and DDave like this.
  2. kellya86

kellya86 Herb gardener...

I accidentally left my eq on and loaded with the @DDave mod, (closer to heater), and went on holiday for 4 days... eq was on 200..

Came back and it was fine... lost a little taste but that was it...

And I just wouldnt buy a vape from amazon...
    You can get very competitive deals from known and trusted retailers....

DDave and CuckFumbustion like this.
  3. Snokeums

Snokeums Vapetorium Vapetis Vapesum

Be sure and check the FC sponsors page, should be able to match the lowest you saw.

http://fuckcombustion.com/sponsors/

It won't be a charred mess, but heat does rise. And the direct line of sight contributes a lot of radiant heat. If only the bottom of the bowl had a small, lightweight insulating disk that would close when not drawing. Then you would get mostly convection heat. Hmm. Off to the lab. SCIENCE!!

CuckFumbustion and kellya86 like this.
  4. mr_shady

mr_shady Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, the cheaper Amazon listing has dropped to $135 :o I have some gift balance on there I want to use so would be even less money out of my pocket which I can put towards Ddave mod :D I'm seriously tempted.. I live in New Zealand so the warranty aspect is slightly different for me to put it in perspective it cost me roughly $100 US in return shipping when I sent my DBV in to get fixed it might be one of those cases where I have to take my chances, living all the way over here I've gotten used to that haha.

I'm still miffed on how it can be so much cheaper? Possibly an older model? I googled the name on the sticker on particular interest to me was the LLC part

"A limited liability company (LLC) is not a separate tax entity like a corporation; instead, it is what the IRS calls a "pass-through entity," like a partnership or sole proprietorship. ... The LLC itself does not pay federal income taxes, but some states impose an annual tax on LLCs."

From what I can gather they wouldn't have to pay taxes like normal companies, might explan how they can sell it for cheaper?

Surely one of the sponsors on here wouldn't match that price?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017 at 12:51 PM
    CuckFumbustion likes this.
  5. CuckFumbustion

CuckFumbustion Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.

Puffitup with 15% discount code. $144. The $100.00 return is painful to hear. But like Arizer is in Canada eh? So there is definitely somebody reputable that is closer to the $135.00 mark. Lot of U.S. buyers here that are looking for the things we were mentioning earlier. There are some sponsors on the forum that you can contact and mention your situation in New Zealand. I corresponded with Aroma-Tek 2 years ago and he was very helpful and when I told him my PCB problem, He replied."Well there no sense of mucking about." :lol: and went through it with the R.M.A. They are $169.99 on Arizer Extreme Q| Aroma-Tek.com ATM.

Upside is that it is designed to be taken apart and have things like the glass replaced. If you are handy and you ask questions here, some fellow FC can help. There is a lot of repair related posts here with pictures. :science:

The bummer would be a PCB problem. But if you say went with an Authorized Dealer like Puffitup and ended up R.M.A- ed with only a $44 return (as opposed to buying a second) might also mean a returning machine that was looked over twice from the company itself. And shipped via Arizer instead of the same seller (or doubling down with another seller.) :2c: Would the S&H be any better/worse an option to and from Canada?

My EQ was an R.M.A and has served me well. Had it apart several times. but never changed out the glass heat adapter. Which has a heat sensor that goes in it. Taken it apart to clean the fan. etc.

6. mr_shady

mr_shady Well-Known Member

Well I brought from Amazon no going back now haha. Both listings on there are just $135 right now couldn't resist that price. I'll let you guys know how it goes when I finally get it in like 3 weeks time.

7. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

My all glass Mini Whip Balloon kit just arrived. Can someone suggest proper settings to use? How full should the elbow pak be?

I will elbow pack and I have a short cyclone bowl. Thanks

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors