The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

grc_42

So the DDAVE mod comes with its own whip basically? Any of the kits? Cause i dont need like all these 14 and 18mms if theyre just bong GonG. One size is good enough for that. Prolly 18? I do have a SSV elbow piece btw for using SSV with bong

I was JUST posting about how strict Arizer can be with their warranties and fixing units. The Air was really a bitch to replace, even one that really was messed up from the get-go.

As for the Q, did you try just a diff Cord or did you use a diff power adaptor? Because the power thing that came with my 2017 unit is so easily disconnected. Its kinda a really crappy adaptor. It is literally the one real thing i dont like about EQ, did you try another set? I mean the whole plug in the wall, the plug into that horrible adaptor that lights up green, and then the plug from that into the EQ.

I dont know why in 2017 theyre still using these adaptors... If i move my EQ it gets disconnected. I even wonder if mine is just a bit messed up or if its meant to be like that

I finally took the entire unit apart, breaking a few thing in the process.
The heat is generated from a single "filament wire" wrapped around the heating coil. The wire had broken, so everything worked but no heat.
I twisted the wire together, put it back together (as best i could) and now it works. Would i use it? No way...
Arizer offered a good deal on a replacement, so i bought another one and now have many spare parts.

ilsasta

I finally took the entire unit apart, breaking a few thing in the process.
The heat is generated from a single "filament wire" wrapped around the heating coil. The wire had broken, so everything worked but no heat.
I twisted the wire together, put it back together (as best i could) and now it works. Would i use it? No way...
Arizer offered a good deal on a replacement, so i bought another one and now have many spare parts.

What's the deal if you don't mind me asking?

FractaLSD

PsychMyc
I just wanna say, once again, Thank you Fuckcombustion ;)

Since i got the DDave really been enjoying the EQ. Up till that point i was only using the FF2 and Crafty mostly cause of convenience, i really like how this thing performs tho, my balloons fill up with crazy amounts of vapor, def just as much as a Volcano

I also really do enjoy whip mode, i like the hands-free hookah style (more comfy than SSV) and vapor just as good with DDave. I only find 2 drawbacks to this device: 1) most important: Lots of glass parts. They grt hot. I feel like there are more glass pieces than most vapes and you will prolly touch them and burn yourself at least a few times. I felt like EQ can cause dab-style burns. Luckily the DDave mod came with tongs, the perfect tool for EQ. That way much less touching hot glass. Also i feel with the mod i just plug in the "smoking gun" balloon glass, or a screened DDave whip (i actually didnt like the glass screen adaptor for the whip, kept getting weed in my mouth, def love the bucket screens). Thing #2 i dont like is the power adaptor, but no biggie. It is VERY flimsy though and just moving it turns off my EQ cause the connection is so fragile, and rubber.

tsaUjt6.jpg

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I just wanna say, once again, Thank you Fuckcombustion ;)

Since i got the DDave really been enjoying the EQ. Up till that point i was only using the FF2 and Crafty mostly cause of convenience, i really like how this thing performs tho, my balloons fill up with crazy amounts of vapor, def just as much as a Volcano

I also really do enjoy whip mode, i like the hands-free hookah style (more comfy than SSV) and vapor just as good with DDave. I only find 2 drawbacks to this device: 1) most important: Lots of glass parts. They grt hot. I feel like there are more glass pieces than most vapes and you will prolly touch them and burn yourself at least a few times. I felt like EQ can cause dab-style burns. Luckily the DDave mod came with tongs, the perfect tool for EQ. That way much less touching hot glass. Also i feel with the mod i just plug in the "smoking gun" balloon glass, or a screened DDave whip (i actually didnt like the glass screen adaptor for the whip, kept getting weed in my mouth, def love the bucket screens). Thing #2 i dont like is the power adaptor, but no biggie. It is VERY flimsy though and just moving it turns off my EQ cause the connection is so fragile, and rubber.

tsaUjt6.jpg
@FractaLSD Glad you're liking the mod!

After all this time, I still love hearing how a mod kit has improved another's vaping sessions! Enjoy friends!

(Also love seeing those dense clouds captured in the bags and water pipes, or exhaled in youtube videos!) :rockon:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I feel it's time for a long overdue desktop release from arizer now....
When I joined fc 2 years ago, this thread was far more active.... I enjoyed my eq for a year, but soon moved on...

I think it's safe to say the eq is now dated....
Still a solid vape, but sales must be dwindling now....

Arizer recently updated the solo with the solo2...
I wanna see the next incarnation of the eq now arizer.....

Im afraid it won't be as easy as the solo...
The solo was still up there with the top portables, so a new lcd and a bigger battery were an simple upgrade...

But the eq need far more work...
A complete redesign...

Surely it will happen at some point....

I wanna see less fragile hot glass...
And an isolated air path...
There's a start....

stonedbob

100% THC
I feel it's time for a long overdue desktop release from arizer now....
When I joined fc 2 years ago, this thread was far more active.... I enjoyed my eq for a year, but soon moved on...

I think it's safe to say the eq is now dated....
Still a solid vape, but sales must be dwindling now....

Arizer recently updated the solo with the solo2...
I wanna see the next incarnation of the eq now arizer.....

Im afraid it won't be as easy as the solo...
The solo was still up there with the top portables, so a new lcd and a bigger battery were an simple upgrade...

But the eq need far more work...
A complete redesign...

Surely it will happen at some point....

I wanna see less fragile hot glass...
And an isolated air path...
There's a start....
i think its not true that eq is dated. like the Volcano, good product stays on the market for years, and the eq deserves it. A device with monstrous performance and high reliability!

but i also hope arizer will come up with brand new (not eq 2) desktop vaporizer with all the conclusions learned from the eq.
Arizer can do better than the eq, hope we will know about it soon :bowdown:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
i think its not true that eq is dated. like the Volcano, good product stays on the market for years, and the eq deserves it. A device with monstrous performance and high reliability!

but i also hope arizer will come up with brand new (not eq 2) desktop vaporizer with all the conclusions learned from the eq.
Arizer can do better than the eq, hope we will know about it soon :bowdown:

We have become more aware and concerned about material safety, and the way our vapes are constructed now....

I think that the eq, by design, is now dated...
And I think any vape that puts it's electronics that close to the heat, is also dated...

The eq had a damn good run...
But I just dont think its good enough with todays standards....

Im not eq bashing here, I'm a big fan, recommended many, and will always keep my eq for sentimental reasons...

Last edited:

FractaLSD

PsychMyc
I do not think the EQ is dated at all. Ive been using mostly portables for years like Firefly 2 and Crafty and i love this thing (i started vaping 7yrs ago with an SSV that i still have/works. Im filling up a balloon right now. So, for example my local headshop only has a few vapes. But the EQ is one of them and he says its their top seller. They have a $500 Volcano and SSV and Enano also. A few others. The EQ is like 170. Anyway though, besides it selling, good* balloon vapes seem kinda rare, ESPECIALLY ones where you can just switch to whip on the fly, same bowl. Genius design IMO really, allowing for so much customization.

Here is how they can improve it: better power adaptor, no question lol.but thats just a must, i hate that thing. As customizable as it is, maybe have less glass parts to plug into each other which you gotta then keep near the vape and not burn yourself on when using. Could use an app also but thats not at all important. Basically, making it more of a 2-piece (but still with interchangeable bag and whip, maybe have a really easy "recycler" bong to just fit on the bowl or something as well, i think those might already exist).

Just less parts. Oh. And.
Conserve weed a bit better.
But its not wasteful

ilsasta

Few days ago I have tried a sandwich with some shatter in between the layers of flower, oh guys, what a taste through water, and with the shorter bowl it produced such dense clouds at only 175C.
I'm still in love with this unit, even though not vaping that much anymore.

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
I have been using the EQ in the evening lately. I use mostly the balloons now. Works so well with Ddave adaptor and Arizer's new angled glass filler tube with ground glass. Going on six years now. I only had to replace the heater glass(see below on how I did this). It is almost bullet proof now.

Nooky72

Dog Marley
Love all the arizer products, as they single handedly facilitated my transition from combustion - with the EQ being the first one I adapted to. So have a nostalgic affection for this piece of kit, which is going strong many years down the line. Use it interchangeably in terms of its function i.e. for weed but also to circulate essential oils in order to fill the house with more zen vibes when vaked. Would definitely consider investing though if they did bring out a new upgrade.
My main use has been and remains the arizer solo with a bubbler but wouldn't have progressed had it not been for the smooth taste and hit from the EQ.

stonedbob

100% THC
Definitely.....
I would suggest a full strip, clean and rebuid...
You may even get a load out of it...
the plastic rubber that cover the screws can be put back in place after removed?

edit:
oh, i've never realized how easy it to open.
thanks! i will do it as soon as i willing to suffer not vaping for one whole hour :sherlock:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
the plastic rubber that cover the screws can be put back in place after removed?

edit:
oh, i've never realized how easy it to open.
thanks! i will do it as soon as i willing to suffer not vaping for one whole hour :sherlock:

Ha yeah the rubber feet pop back in...
The eq is designed to be taken apart...

My suggestion is to fill a balloon for the job in hand....
Dont be scared of it... Just know how to remove the ribbon cables....

And be careful not to overtighten the 4 screws that clamp the heater cover... gently does it..

stonedbob

100% THC
Ha yeah the rubber feet pop back in...
The eq is designed to be taken apart...

My suggestion is to fill a balloon for the job in hand....
Dont be scared of it... Just know how to remove the ribbon cables....

And be careful not to overtighten the 4 screws that clamp the heater cover... gently does it..
thank you, very helpful tips! :)

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
I find it just incredible that the EQ produces such "thick" vapor using the balloon setup. Although I have only had this unit, I suspect it works as good or better than most. Considering the low price and how long Arizer products last, it would be a great choice for anyone wanting that feature.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I find it just incredible that the EQ produces such "thick" vapor using the balloon setup. Although I have only had this unit, I suspect it works as good or better than most. Considering the low price and how long Arizer products last, it would be a great choice for anyone wanting that feature.

There are so many variables at play with the eq, that alot of it comes down to user skill imo...

Someone with a well setup eq, and the right technique, can produce a whitewalled pillow of a bag....
I may have one later now...
Thanks for the inspiration.....

FractaLSD

PsychMyc
i have an Air i gave away. I thought the design on the air could have been better/more sturdy, but it hits real nice. Compared to the Crafty only difference is flavor really. But EQ produces much better vapor than Air IMO.

Basically: Air vs more premium vapes, air is great but maybe a rung below. But the EQ I think is as good as the Volcano, maybe better, just different.

zeuss000

Howdy Folks, Just joined up, great forum! I have just purchased an Extreme Q, it is my first desk type vape, i have been using the Whispr 2 for a while and it works great but am wanting to give the bags a try. I have been perusing this thread but wow over 11,000 replies to wade through so am hoping someone can help. What i would like to know is just how long the vapor in a bag will stay viable? does it start to stick to the sides of the bag/ or does it go off in any way? Can i fill a bag and leave it for a day or two and still be OK?
Have a great day y'all
Ed

Vape Donkey 650

All vape, no smoke please.
Hi ed /zuess, welcome to fc, need to wade through 440 pages for that info!

Yes, vapor in a bag will continually cool and condensate onto the bag surface if left to sit.

If I fill my volcano bag and forget about it and let it sit for ten or 15 minutes, there will be very little to no vapor left.

Eq, not a bad choice for a first desktop vape. look into the ddave adapters for even better performance!

zeuss000

Yes, vapor in a bag will continually cool and condensate onto the bag surface if left to sit.
If I fill my volcano bag and forget about it and let it sit for ten or 15 minutes, there will be very little to no vapor left.
look into the ddave adapters for even better performance!

Thank you for your reply mate, I thought that would be what happens with the bags, I'll give it a try tonight.
I haver read a bit about the DDave adaptors but will investigate more to see what will be best for me.
Thanks again
Ed

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom