The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Wow!! So that's what smoke was like. My EQ combusted a load while using the new EQ balloon setup from Arizer. I figured out why it happened....the screen came loose and fell in the weed, so it over heated and combusted.
I hate smoke. So I lowered the temp a few notches just to make sure it doesn't happen again....
I never have tried bags?
Have you?

Is it like eating a meal from a trash can? (DUMPSTER DIVER STYLE)
Water is my favorite method.
What EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE is there about filtering all the benefits?

I feel better after a water session?

You're a MEDICAL MARIJUANA PATIENT of similar age so I'll ask you?
Am I missing something? (bags)
I never medicate in a group! (only SOLO)

Ron

some have used camelback adapters with their bags as a shut off valve. Read about it often never seen a pick.
OK, now I gotcha! I'm not sure where I tossed the camelbak adatper so I can't show a picture of it. When I tried it the resistance was terrible so I ditched that idea.

It sounds like you have a great setup for your EQ to D020-D. I've got a D020 on order for the last 4 weeks so hopefully I can rig something similar up. The fact that the fan pushes thru almost an inch of water is awesome. I never thought the EQ fan was up to the task. Great job man!

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
I never have tried bags?
Have you?

Water is my favorite method.

I feel better after a water session?

You're a MEDICAL MARIJUANA PATIENT of similar age so I'll ask you?
Am I missing something? (bags)
I never medicate in a group! (only SOLO)

I had not used the bags for several years(I have had the EQ for about 6 years). When Arizer came out with their new balloon setup with ground glass connections, I bought one. Very easy to use. I use the regular Ddave adaptor and just put the load in there. So easy to load/unload. Just easier to use than a whip, especially when passing it around. The 18mm ground glass on the "All Glass Mini Whip" will drop right in the D020 bubbler along with the balloon for really smooth hits. In addition the two pieces without balloon attached would work well as a mini whip for hand holding your EQ. Worth the money.

My weed is about a year old at this point, so bags work better at getting all the THC and other goodies that are left. I love watching flowers grow in the fall, but can hardly wait to have them dried and in my vaporizers.....

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Does taste count? I have adjusted and lowered the water level of my water pieces because it can effect the taste and make the vapor weaker. Matrix style percs seem to filter the least and provide the best results for me. How soon my water turns into hydrosol is another factor when determining what is being filtered out. Water filters the heavier particles that vapor passes thru.

Also how easily your water piece can get after a few sessions is another indicator. Little yellow globs form.
I never have tried bags?
Have you?

Only if you use a sticky old bag that has been around to long. :lol:
It sounds like you have a great setup for your EQ to D020-D. I've got a D020 on order for the last 4 weeks so hopefully I can rig something similar up. The fact that the fan pushes thru almost an inch of water is awesome. I never thought the EQ fan was up to the task. Great job man!
Well I double checked. It is more like a 1/2 an inch on F3. With the water level covering the bottom 2/3 of the perc when it is at rest. Fan setting F1 works as well too, just not as far of a push upward. I use the fan to calibrate my water pieces as well. 1st, I'll do a dry run without a screen packed to see how the airflow is. The restriction is going to be greater when packed I figure. :hmm:Then figure out what works. So @Ron you ordered the standard D020-D, that is a popular piece for the EQ and here at FC. :tup:

Had a duel perc HNY (duel matrix) that worked great until it took a 3 foot drop to the floor. :rip: So I'm staying with old reliable D020-D until I can try to get something more elaborate. I have modded my D020-D with an internal glass stem that condenses the vapor just before it goes through the perc. Because it has a large volume of stem room.
Has anyone tried Ed's glass equipment for the EQ? I haven't used mine enough to determine whether these would be helpful or not but I like the idea of using glass instead of a whip.
the wormhole kit? I'm trying to figure out what it is supposed to offer or what design/aim they were going for?

Wormhole-Kit-Arizer-EQ-V-Tower-470x470.png

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

wow, owned this thing for 2.5 years and never thought to do this. without reading all 500 pages, anything else i might have missed?
Whatever you missed might come up again in the thread at some point. Although looking over say the last 10 pages in any thread helps to keep up.

i briefly read about it, unfortunately it says it's more to ship here to Canada than the actual price of the items
Well you could pick out a short preferably light 18mm F/F adapter.
I found one I like for under 10, but it is for wand basket packs only. Then maybe a better wand then the stock elbow. Thinner finer mesh replacement screens.

Still thinking if you bought everything seperatly on your own it might be more money. but IDK. You could also contact @DDave himself for suggestions and what to source for. He is always looking for better quality screens, hoses, etc. At least save you the trouble of finding.

Or try something new....... :sherlock: So I'm liking this!-> 1/2" I.D. x 7/8" O.D. Silicone Tubing Extra Thick Wall- Food Grade High Temp

Took two 45 degree glass adapters and plugged one in into each end, adjusted the angles with my water setup and was GTG. No special project and no wimpy hose. But you do want to measure where your pieces will be setting next to the EQ because the extra thick tubing is stiffer and has less bend to it. It could push your water piece around and off the table, if you are not careful. :o It is that heavy duty. Just plugged it with two corks, cleaned it with ISO, then and a water rinse and back in business. No fuss with tools to get reclaim out. And using 99% ISO instead of the 95% ISO I've been getting locally.

Other thing I'm getting with. Have two SSV wands that are not the 18.8 mm version. (standard, spherical) I can fashion a basket screen to fit inside the standard and hold the wand over the EQ's heater cover and have a mini cyclone session. So If I don't mind holding the wand down on the cover, IO get to watch the cyclone dance and vapor pour draw out of each piece independently. Made a long enough whip so I can be far enough away from the EQ to watch the magic happen. :brow: I have thought about getting some fake SSV setup with the EQ. An angled piece, perhaps a faux SSV heater cover that can be set inside a F/F or fit the 18mm on the EQ. If the heat conducts from the heater cover to the connecter then I can have SSV wand sessions making this machine even more robust. :science: And I only paid $4 for each wand.

BadDog No

Every website I look on says this is the best deal, does it really work? Figured I'd check with the experts first.

One love:peace:
Yep, bang for the buck; can't beat it. You can make it much more efficient though with a DDave kit and make sure you have the new all glass whip/bag system. You might find an older unit without it. It's a party in a box. Enjoy!

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Yep, bang for the buck; can't beat it. You can make it much more efficient though with a DDave kit and make sure you have the new all glass whip/bag system. You might find an older unit without it. It's a party in a box. Enjoy!

It really is a party in a box, great analogy....
The eq has so many options, it's so versatile, I would recommend one to anyone. Also superb vapour production...
I love the EQ and will always own one..
I may even get her out of retirement for today.....yeah why not.... eq day....

MoltenTiger

Every website I look on says this is the best deal, does it really work? Figured I'd check with the experts first.

If you set it up right shit can get trippy!
It's basically the best, most robust entry level desktop vape in my mind. I can't see myself bothering to upgrade it, although it can be bested in any specific mode of operation, it's pretty well second tier to the top dogs and an impressive jack of all trades in that respect.
I'd never heard of it before someone brought one over for me to try, and it was an instant buy and marked a pivoting change in my cannabis consumption and beat nicotine addiction.
So hands down it's a good bit of kit and it works so amply, can't lose.

CuckFumbustion

It really is a party in a box, great analogy....
The eq has so many options, it's so versatile, I would recommend one to anyone. Also superb vapour production...
I love the EQ and will always own one..
I may even get her out of retirement for today.....yeah why not.... eq day....

If you set it up right shit can get trippy!
It's basically the best, most robust entry level desktop vape in my mind. I can't see myself bothering to upgrade it, although it can be bested in any specific mode of operation, it's pretty well second tier to the top dogs and an impressive jack of all trades in that respect.
I'd never heard of it before someone brought one over for me to try, and it was an instant buy and marked a pivoting change in my cannabis consumption and beat nicotine addiction.
So hands down it's a good bit of kit and it works so amply, can't lose.
+1 on all of the above. Also a good #2 vape while your #1 vape gets repaired or gets RMA'ed or if you are frustrated with the new vape.

If you want something better than an EQ you either going to have to specialize and/or pay more +/- a warranty, learning curves and other trade offs. This one is good to make all your mistakes with too, like owning a first time car or pc.:2c:

This is robust vape under $150 US with warranty. Add a @DDave kit or facsimile, maybe some vapebags from puffitup and all the bases are covered as far as trying the range of whip and bag sessions under a budget. Get the basic D020-D or a matrix perc that works better and that would be a solid starter kit.

I do want to upgrade another EQ with a better/different heater cover. Even if I buy a better vape down the road. Because I'm not up for taking apart and tinkering with a $300+ dollar vape for a host of reasons.

Still seeing what fans are possible compatible with the EQ's PCB board pin out, etc. (Found my old ASUS mobo fan!) There might be one make of fan that has the same vent and screw line up as the stock fan. More to know about the glass heater cover and upgrade options and installing one without harming the wires, etc. Even the base of the EQ is made to be taken apart.

I like that they upgrade the model and not try to remarket rebrand and sell you a different model. If I order a new one today, It will be better than the one I bought a year ago in some respect, even if it is say a new balloon whip.

Well that's enough of me gushing. Waiting for a 90 glass adapter for a short nearly or full glass pathway from the EQ to the D020-D. I made the feet on my EQ taller, so I can tuck part of the base of the D020-D underneath the base of the EQ having a smaller footprint on my desk and shorter but less restrictive path.

Happy eq day, @kellya86. Might want to burn off some dust first before priming. :lol: :peace:

stonedbob

100% THC
hey guys, recently brought a new EQ! thats my second veporizer, after the Mighty.
I've noticed that even if I fill the chamber full, it is very hard to vape them without the fan. i mean, if i want to smoke directly with the tube, i need to turn the fan on for like few seconds to make the herbs hot, and even after few draws i need to turn the fan on again for more few seconds...
what am I doing wrong?

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
hey guys, recently brought a new EQ! thats my second veporizer, after the Mighty.
I've noticed that even if I fill the chamber full, it is very hard to vape them without the fan. i mean, if i want to smoke directly with the tube, i need to turn the fan on for like few seconds to make the herbs hot, and even after few draws i need to turn the fan on again for more few seconds...
what am I doing wrong?
Are you packing the elbow screen rather than trying to use the cyclone bowl?

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Hi @yonatanil , glad to see you got an eq. You will love it once you figure it out.... we have had a few members struggle a little so I wrote this little guide to help.... Maybe it will help you too....

Eq guide...

1. Get home and run to your Eq in anticipation of getting high, turn on and set to 200 at fan 1 for at good ten min's with cyclone, elbow and whip attached, not the basket screen....

2. While waiting for the preheat, load your basket screen about 2 thirds full with a medium grind, and lightly tamped with the blunt end of the Eq stir tool....

3. After the preheating is done (elbow is fucking hot), turn fan off, remove elbow and insert loaded basket....

4. Turn temp up to 210 and wait again, this time just a minute for the herb to heat soak a little, soon as you see the vapour condensing in the elbow, your ready to draw...

5. Start your long slow draw, after about 4 seconds of draw, you should begin to see vapour streaming through the elbow, keep going until you have had enough, hold in for a bit, breath in a little fresh air to agitate (helps absorption), and slowly release...

6. Pull out elbow and stir, retamp, turn up to 220, give a minute and go again, then get 1 last go at 230, maybe even 1 more at 235...

This should work.... good luck...

little maggie

Glad you have a tool to fight combustion with. :D
Thanks for the feedback! Let us know how things go.

It is the shortest upgrade path with less time and money involved sourcing parts. @DDave continues to upgrade his kits with better screens, wands, tongs etc much like EQ continues to upgrade.

DD update - Have a cylindrical tube shaped glass downstem that I attached to a F/F adapter with silicone hose and have the stem inside my D020-d working as a condenser. (The inside of the stem is funnel shaped. which is perfect for this. btw)The D020-d has a lot of inside volume, so I came up with this workaround with the condenser setup. The F/F and cylindrical d-stem work as one piece with the silicone hose strip connecting the two. So my water piece has a female 18mm connection that carbs easier when I pull out the gooseneck hose. Less inside volume, vapor gets condensed just before hitting the water.

Oh, I have a 14mm wand attached to the mouthpiece of the D020-d and a hookah tip.:D To slow down the draw a little. youi can draw as hard as you like. The EQ will keep it's heat in the basket with this setup without cooling it down. :peace:

Do you have a picture of your setup?
I just got the glass piece from Ed- haven't tried it yet but I think it will work well with my Ddave mods.

greenwizardbris

Hey guys. Been reading for a few weeks now and I think it's time to interact with this lovely extreme q community.

I vape my herb at 215c, I have a ssv wand, vinyl food grade tubing and no other mods yet. I will be getting the ddave mod shipped to australia soon. If I was to revape my herb after its been vaped at 215c what would be the best temp to get the last bit of extraction? I tested 240 and instead of elbow packing small amounts I just filled the cyclone bowl. I got some bowls to produce small clouds and others did not. I dont want to combust. Is 240 the max you think?

I love this thing. It took me a week to get used to it as it is my first vape. I've read about 30 pages of this thread although if you have any tricks in general feel free to let me know cheers guys!

The Green Wizard.

CuckFumbustion

Do you have a picture of your setup?
I have a bad habit of working with modular setups and staying put to take a pic. It's like lego's and crafting. At some point I will show my best DD setup and a new glass I'm supposed to be getting. The bowl placement might pair nice with the height of the EQ.

With the silicone tubing and a knife or scissors you can play with how much inside volume and calibrate the airflow by using the EQ's fan.

Hey guys. Been reading for a few weeks now and I think it's time to interact with this lovely extreme q community.

I vape my herb at 215c, I have a ssv wand, vinyl food grade tubing and no other mods yet. I will be getting the ddave mod shipped to australia soon. If I was to revape my herb after its been vaped at 215c what would be the best temp to get the last bit of extraction? I tested 240 and instead of elbow packing small amounts I just filled the cyclone bowl. I got some bowls to produce small clouds and others did not. I dont want to combust. Is 240 the max you think?

I love this thing. It took me a week to get used to it as it is my first vape. I've read about 30 pages of this thread although if you have any tricks in general feel free to let me know cheers guys!

The Green Wizard.
Welcome to the thread and interacting. 232c is near combustion for the materials last I read, I believe. YMMV with your display and heating method. But the materials are near 232c. I try not to go above 230c. Which is convenient since the remote's highest preset is 230c. Another consideration is the screen. Why I like @DDave's thinner mesh screens. I have had a screen ignite a small fleck and see the rest blaze. KIM that is if your materials are close to 232c already. To digress a little further, The EQ display reads the heater temp and not what the glass is at or the materials. A smaller glass adpater with a thinner wall will absorb more heat from the heater cover, I've discovered.

The @DDave glass will heat at higher temp for that and that the materials will be closer, so more radiant heat. You might want to start going say 10c lower than your desired 215c perhaps ffor starters?

With the stock cyclone bowl. You are not getting as much concentrated direct heat. Also depends how well you preheat as a factor. The cyclone's glass can be cooled somewhat with long draws, then time for the bowl to capture more heat.
It is better suited for a patient session than a power cloud session you get with a basket. 240c might be ok to leave for long periods of time, but the bowl will absorb more heat over time and get closer to that 240c, thereby bringing you closer to the danger zone or just slowly scorching. Just something to look out for. The screen will get closer to 240 sooner. Why I prefer thinner bowl screens like @DDave's. No SS metal pan scorch taste.

Glad you got it to work well and you found FC. Quite a few from regulars from Australia in this thread.

As for me....

I prefer silicone over PVC for use between the EQ and the water piece for easy cleaning with ISO for reclaim. BTW 99% is worth getting over 95%. Even though the 5% is distilled water. I believe. I have extra thick food grade tubing that I'm trying out. It is stiff but works great.

Last edited:
Thankful for this forum and this thread.

I've been trying to soak up information about the EQ. I have ordered an EQ that should arrive this week. My only other experience with vamping is a portable Flowermate. I'm looking for more clouds and see the DDave kit referenced. Is that available on this site or eBay only? I saw a $30 kit on eBay which included mods to a few other desktops. I only want mods for the EQ. Could someone point me in the right direction to buy the right kit?

Thanks for the attention

Top Bottom