The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@mrbonsai420 was your eq modded????

I have spent almost a year, and a fair bit of cash, on upgrading and fine tuning my eq.....

To the point now where I can get a huge single extraction, with no hot spot....

I have had my eq apart and back again at least 50 times to get the heater position perfect....

I've purchase many @DDave bits too, being hand made, all the adapters are slightly different, and I find perform slightly different....

I've got 2 that I really like, one is stashed away for safe keeping.....

This all adds to the fine tuning....

My wands stream thick vapour from the off, at pretty low temp's, If I choose....

I'm just struggling to see where the performance gains are to be had....
So can't justify a new desktop....

I had the DDave mod yes. But even with that the EQ couldn't touch the Evo stock. It Iwant 1 hit super punch power I would grab the Supreme v3 and not the EQ or Evo anyway though. I really like playing with multiple vapes so I will never be satisfied with any 1 vape anyway, but the EQ was a good one.
I REALLY like buying and playing with vapes and glass. The amount of money I spend on toys is very high but still no where near as high as what I spend on the medicine going into them so that's how I justify the countless devices. As long as there are new vapes coming out, I will keep trying them.
If you spend several hundred dollars on top notch medicine a pop it's very easy to justify a new device even if it is only a small improvement. My vaportower worked just fine 8 years ago and still does, but I can't see myself not ever upgrading just because It still works and does the job. My Pax 1 also worked very well but it does not mean my Mighty and Milaana didn't need to be purchased as upgrades.
To me any small increase in flavor, efficiency, or even a different vape signature is worth giving a new vape a shot. Because it's all about the enjoyment and I like to experiment! :science:
Pick up a used Evo or Supreme V3 and give it a shot if you find a good deal on a used one. If it doesn't work out our classified community is great and you can usually sell it for not much of a loss.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
I have actually done the same procedure several times over the last five years that I have had the EQ.
ABV falls down and clogs the fan blades. It will slow the fan down first, but eventually will stop the fan from turning at all. After blowing the ABV out of the fan, it has always started working again.
It is obviously some kind of computer fan, but looks to be very specialized and rare, never seen another one just like it.
I had a very similar fan in an old PC that even had the same vent arrangement.
It was for passive cooling for An ASUS motherboard. The fan design has a 3/4 inch vent that pushes the air through much like the EQ's. I supposed if you want to have a workaround where a fan was blowing through the same area, it might be made to work. Or some air hose arrangement going intothat same space.
Do we have a choice?

Wood is good, its properties are well suited for a vaporizer. Much better than plastic or silicone.

I believe somewhere in this thread (turns out just above!) is the part no# for the fan. It's just a simple laptop fan though, so any 12v fan of the same style will work, depending on the connection.

Just take note how this small fan needs to be mounted into the unit and where the screw holes are.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Do we have a choice?

Wood is good, its properties are well suited for a vaporizer. Much better than plastic or silicone.

I believe somewhere in this thread (turns out just above!) is the part no# for the fan. It's just a simple laptop fan though, so any 12v fan of the same style will work, depending on the connection.

Most of my family lives in OZ.
WOOD is a waste of $$$!

MoltenTiger

Most of my family lives in OZ.
WOOD is a waste of $$$!
It's mostly a great place :)
Where abouts are they based?

Wood is reasonably priced, I thought. You could get scrap blocks easily enough for an EQ enclosure. Machining is expensive, though.

You might be able to use carbon fibre or possibly hebel, but with wood there's no chance of breathing in dust or fumes...

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
It's mostly a great place :)
Where abouts are they based?

Wood is reasonably priced, I thought. You could get scrap blocks easily enough for an EQ enclosure. Machining is expensive, though.

You might be able to use carbon fibre or possibly heeble, but with wood there's no chance of breathing in dust or fumes...

Mainly SUNSHINE COAST.(NOOSA)

WOOD for ART OK!
For a vaporizer?
A new COMPOSITE of some kind!

For Vaporizer's it add's unnecessary cost! (IMO)

Cheer's

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Mainly SUNSHINE COAST.(NOOSA)

They are not Australian then. They are Queenslanders & a Queenslander is like the inbred cousin the family don't talk about.

Woods.jpg

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
They are not Australian then. They are Queenslanders & a Queenslander is like the inbred cousin the family don't talk about.

Woods.jpg
We had business in SIDNEY and MELBOURNE year's ago!
SOLD them all!
One of my son's goes to the GOLD COAST (SNAPPER ROCK) and PERTH (MARGARET RIVER) every year! (last 20)

My family that stayed in OZ lived in EUROPE and USA. (at least it's cheap there)

I vaporize with a "Q" and some others?
Joints I can't stand the taste!

Last edited:

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
@Dr. Soxhlet can I get a fan from FRY'S that will work?
I don't know the answer to your question. Perhaps you can get a number off the fan housing.
It has actually been 13 years since we closed our computer store. We started when Commodore 64 was still popular(1988). Seems that that fan would be something used a lot a few years ago when the EQ was created. Yes laptop fan most likely. I used to have a tech guy that figured out all that stuff for me.

MoltenTiger

I replaced a similar fan in my room mates laptop last year, the fan I bought had a 4-pin PWM connection, where as the stock fan had a standard 3-pin. I did a simple cut, sheath and tape job (the old fan was burnt out, so I could recycle its cable/connector - the computer shop that had professionally cleaned it had neglected the heat sink, the dumb fucks, they did mention the amount of weed and tobacco found under his keyboard though, kinda funny, but their negligence would have cost the normal consumer the whole PC...).

I seem to remember someone linking a purchase site for the exact model found in the EQ in this thread, but if you just get a laptop fan with the same mounting threads, you could mod it in no worries.

BadDog No

Oh just random musings on how much I love the modular all glass whip to glass balloon mouthpiece/10mm male. Pop a 14/10 adapter in your bubbler and away you go. Clean bubbler, new bag; changed it myself I did. Life is good. I three stepped it without stirring at 392, 412 and 428 and then dumped it for a hand "grind" where I mostly get rid of a few tiny stems and then add some ABV to make up the volume and give it one more run. I think I'm getting the hang of this. Did I mention I changed the bag myself? :lol:

ronads

So, my friend went and go an eq after trying mine with the @DDave mod repeatedly. He's been using it the way it comes out of the box for a few months.

Got the text message the other day 'Can you get me that mod?'

So now theres one more vape modder in the world! ust waiting the long few weeks till it arrives. I can't wait to figure out a way to connect up both for double trouble haha

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I am happy to report that my extreme Q I bought 4 years ago, and has essentially sat unused on a self for 4 years has finally got a new home. I have it to my brother who is enjoying it immensely stock. I let him know about the DDave mod but he says he likes it just the way it is. I am super stoked that he is actually using it and loving it. He was mad at me that I didn't really use it or like. I told him, different strokes for different folks and as long as it has a happy home now, I'm excited. I hope he gets great use out of it. I forgot to give him the remote, so gonna mail that over to him today.

ronads

I am happy to report that my extreme Q I bought 4 years ago, and has essentially sat unused on a self for 4 years has finally got a new home. I have it to my brother who is enjoying it immensely stock. I let him know about the DDave mod but he says he likes it just the way it is. I am super stoked that he is actually using it and loving it. He was mad at me that I didn't really use it or like. I told him, different strokes for different folks and as long as it has a happy home now, I'm excited. I hope he gets great use out of it. I forgot to give him the remote, so gonna mail that over to him today.

What are you using now? Next up is a portable for me I think, but I do wonder if I would benefit from another desktop

newtovaping101

How do I sanitize my mini PVC 3 inch tubing I received from Arizer to make balloons? I'm using it for the first time. Do I just rinse it with hot water? Do I need to clean it with soap? Please help.

newtovaping101,

CuckFumbustion

How do I sanitize my mini PVC 3 inch tubing I received from Arizer to make balloons? I'm using it for the first time. Do I just rinse it with hot water? Do I need to clean it with soap? Please help.
I use 95%+ ISO. 99% isopropyl alcohol for glass ans whip tubing. ISO and sea salt for glass for stubborn stuff. rinse with warm water. I soak my screens in ISO for reclaim. It cleans up any messiness on my desk too. Never use soap. It leaves a residue. ISO a faint amount, water being the other %. ISO with a warm water rinse works well with silicone tubing.

PVC tubing, I'm not sure anymore. I'm a silicone tubing guy who made his own 2X adapter hose.

newtovaping101

I use 95%+ ISO. 99% isopropyl alcohol for glass ans whip tubing. ISO and sea salt for glass for stubborn stuff. rinse with warm water. I soak my screens in ISO for reclaim. It cleans up any messiness on my desk too. Never use soap. It leaves a residue. ISO a faint amount, water being the other %. ISO with a warm water rinse works well with silicone tubing.

PVC tubing, I'm not sure anymore. I'm a silicone tubing guy who made his own 2X adapter hose.

Never have vaped before. I have a silicone tubing I already have for my 3 foot whip. I replaced the PVC whip with it. Unfortunately I was wrongly advised to use hot water and soap with it. Now it smells like soap and I'm afraid I'll get sick if I use it. Now I must wait another week for a new silicone whip to come in the mail. I plan on never cleaning it or just replacing it if it gets too dirty.

How do I sanitize the silicone whip for first time use, though? Do I just rinse in hot water? Even though you claim ISO is ok, I don't want to risk it because other people on the forum have said not to do that. I am honestly at the point of just giving up on vaping.

CuckFumbustion

How do I sanitize the silicone whip for first time use, though? Do I just rinse in hot water? Even though you claim ISO is ok, I don't want to risk it because other people on the forum have said not to do that. I am honestly at the point of just giving up on vaping.
I did the research on the specific 500f heat resistant silicone tubing that I get from a beverage distributor. They use ISO cure and clean it before sending it. So it is safe as long as I don't soak it days at a time.

I'd throw out mine when it forms cracks after one last cleaning as a general rule of thumb.

PVC is where ISO is unsafe, I'm guessing. It causes the pvc to cloud up and offgass or worse. :o

There was some huge confusion/discussion in this thread whether some were confusing the safety of pvc being confused with silicone hose.:bang: and one staff member even conducted a small experiment with silicone tubing and ISO for a few weeks.

I would get to know the specifics of the type you buy. Plus I would only get temp safe food safe quality silicone hose. Like my beverage distributor who answered all my questions. :peace:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
What are you using now? Next up is a portable for me I think, but I do wonder if I would benefit from another desktop
Do what's best for you!
Portable is good to have one.
Desktop's are more useful for me personally. Some like portables? I find them wasteful however some like them!

Never have vaped before. I have a silicone tubing I already have for my 3 foot whip. I replaced the PVC whip with it. Unfortunately I was wrongly advised to use hot water and soap with it. Now it smells like soap and I'm afraid I'll get sick if I use it. Now I must wait another week for a new silicone whip to come in the mail. I plan on never cleaning it or just replacing it if it gets too dirty.

You will die earlier by not vaporizing!

Last edited by a moderator:

newtovaping101

Does anyone know? I contacted support at Arizer but they haven't answered. Ugh.

newtovaping101,

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
OK @newtovaping101 I suggest you do the following to rescue your silicone whip. Get some Iso, a cotton ball & a chopstick of something pokey. Soak the ball in Iso & push through the whip with the choppy/pokey. Repeat that 3 or 4 times with your silicone whip & it will be sweet as a nut :tup:. Now get the PVC piece & throw that in the trash where it belongs & cut 2-3" off your clean silicone whip to replace the PVC one. Or just give it a quick rinse in hot water & use it :shrug:.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
My brother bought a bong with an ice catcher and is using it with the 14mm water pipe adapter I gave him. I bought both water pipe adapters when i bought the EQ but never used them.

Anyway, we've been facetiming and frankly I'm surprised at the output he's been getting. He is a bit high on the temperature dial (420/430 Fahrenheit) but I figure since the herbs are not that close to the heater, the temperature probably drops off quickly (and that's why DDave's mod is amazing). Also, he is a smoker so having it a bit high on the dial makes it more reminiscent of smoking for him.

I'm super excited that he is getting great use out of it.

MoltenTiger

OK @newtovaping101 I suggest you do the following to rescue your silicone whip. Get some Iso, a cotton ball & a chopstick of something pokey. Soak the ball in Iso & push through the whip with the choppy/pokey. Repeat that 3 or 4 times with your silicone whip & it will be sweet as a nut :tup:. Now get the PVC piece & throw that in the trash where it belongs & cut 2-3" off your clean silicone whip to replace the PVC one. Or just give it a quick rinse in hot water & use it :shrug:.
He should scrape it out with something, in a similar fashion, collect it and vape it.
EQ oil is powerful!

Yeah okay, I'm on the completely wrong trajectory with that advice.. but for future whip cleaners who don't have soapy whips - do this.

@newtovaping101 I would boil your whip in a saucepan with plain water until it doesn't smell anymore. Or just replace it and hot water wash it more often to prolong the new hose life.

Top Bottom