The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

DrNick420

No problem for all the questions...you sent me my first butane vape ! Arriving today :)

I would get an EQ as opposed to the V Tower, yeah. I use fan speed 2 on every hit with the mod and it really helps with draw restriction and vapor production. V Tower would work but I don't like hitting my EQ without the fan on.

Can you use a standard SSV wand with the DDAVE modded EQ or do i need the Ground Glass one?
do you ever use the fans when using the DDAVE whip?
Thanks for your answers buddy!

Hashassin

the uniBHOmber
So I've received my Q and put it through some serious testing for over 24 hours now. I've only been using the whip for the time being but I've run, oh, somewhere between 10-15g through it (seriously depleting my stash in the process but that was to be expected with a new toy) and so far I'm happy with the purchase.

I'm still fiddling with the temps and amount of herb etc, but so far I seem to be finding a happy place with around 375f, fan assist on L1, and a 3/4 full to 100% full of gingerly packed (I haven't weighed loads yet. .7-1g I'm guessing by eye) bowl with medium-fine ground herb.

I was pleased to find however that it still works well with much less herb. At a minimum a light layer covering the entire bottom screen is enough for one or two nice puffs.

For the mid-range price this thing rings in at I call it a win. I certainly won't be using my Solo or my Air at home anymore. It will be nice to let my portables be portable and rock out a desktop vape again.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
For the mid-range price this thing rings in at I call it a win. I certainly won't be using my Solo or my Air at home anymore. It will be nice to let my portables be portable and rock out a desktop vape again.
I try not to overtax my batteries. Why I use my desktops at home only. (My UD might travel.)
do you ever use the fans when using the DDAVE whip?
Sometimes it helps. Great with water sometimes. :nod: Or just testing the airflow for whips and whip hose. Also helps dry the ears. :haw:

Found the other two yellow caps. Now my EQ stands upright, taller and stable. Yes, Yellow caps from buying basket screens being used as EQ feet. Can't say I don't re-purpose:lol:.

Have some local mint tea blend in the EQ wand 'steeping'. :drool: Taking direct draws with a straight wand, one handed fashion. Take a 'sip', set it back down.Then perhaps make actual tea from the vaped.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I try not to overtax my batteries. Why I use my desktops at home only. (My UD might travel.)
Sometimes it helps. Great with water sometimes. :nod: Or just testing the airflow for whips and whip hose. Also helps dry the ears. :haw:

Found the other two yellow caps. Now my EQ stands upright, taller and stable. Yes, Yellow caps from buying basket screens being used as EQ feet. Can't say I don't re-purpose:lol:.

Have some local mint tea blend in the EQ wand 'steeping'. :drool: Taking direct draws with a straight wand, one handed fashion. Take a 'sip', set it back down.Then perhaps make actual tea from the vaped.
Hey I like the "Q".

I want to shorten the cover so I can use a HYDROTUBE direct.
Maybe @Dr. Soxhlet knows if you can cut the cover down?
Do you know?

I love my SOLO and rebuilding it!
The "Q" needs modifying as well.

I guess I'll tear into it and see if it's doable?

YungLeaner

Hey I like the "Q".

Do you know?

Using a hydrotube direct is easy! Put an 18 F-F on the heating element (with a screen inside ideally) then pop an ELB basket cap or EQ elbow screen into one end of an 18 M-M. Pack the basket cap / elbow screen with COLAS (as per your preference) and then insert the M-M into the F-F, weed in basket screen face down. Then put a hydratube on the male joint facing up! Easy peasy

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Using a hydrotube direct is easy! Put an 18 F-F on the heating element (with a screen inside ideally) then pop an ELB basket cap or EQ elbow screen into one end of an 18 M-M. Pack the basket cap / elbow screen with COLAS (as per your preference) and then insert the M-M into the F-F, weed in basket screen face down. Then put a hydratube on the male joint facing up! Easy peasy
I use it direct now. (with fitting's)
My plan is to make it smooth.

Like a speaker box.
Take off the cover and encase it?

I have: ROSEWOOD, BLOODWOOD and a bunch of other exotics.
It would be easier to reduce the cover height.
So I thought?

Last edited:

YungLeaner

I use it direct now. (with fitting's)
My plan is to make it smooth.

Like a speaker box.
Take off the cover and encase it?

I have: ROSEWOOD, BLOODWOOD and a bunch of other exotics.
It would be easier to reduce the cover height.
So I thought?
I definitely think the EQ could use a little retro upgrading, but I'm still not sure exactly what you mean! You want the hydratube directly on top of the heating element? Seems like a recipe for danger!

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
Hey everyone,
I tried posting this in the whip/tubing thread but i guess its not really active. I read the whole thread but didnt get a definite answer. What would you say is better for a really good high quality whip for my Extreme Q ( with@DDave mod of course ; ) )

This one:http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=31571&catid=799

OR this one : http://arizer.com/store/en/arizer-extreme-q-parts-accessories/23-hose-tubing.html also silcon from planetvape.ca ( both canadian)

The second one is the new food/medical grade silicone whip from arizer. Also high temp rated but it doesn't show on their site, I had to email them and ask.
I read this whole thread and it seems like most people like the 1st one I linked from tygon?
Any suggestions would help thank you :2c::peace:

CuckFumbustion

Do you know?
It certainly comes off and on easy enough. KIM these pieces are designed to interlock into each other. The Base of the EQ holds the outside cover in place. the outside cover doesn't store any electronics or wiring. Just a semi-conical tube with a plastic cap.

If you can work around that problem or come up with some janky setup it seems do-able. I'm sure the required parts work plugged into the PCB.
Dare to dream @ataxian.:science: Mine stands taller, why can't yours be shorter. I will ponder this cover upgrade more. :hmm:

Just got a HFY Stereo Matrix from @NimbusVapor.(no label.) And gave him 5 star feedback.
The perfect compliment to the D020. Tryed to impress me right away with it's vapor action. I think it is forming better clouds and extraction by it's sheer impact.? :sherlock:
My first tall water piece.

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
Hey I like the "Q".

Do you know?

Don't know exactly what you want to do, but if you need the heater cover to be higher in the EQ in relation to the cover you might replace it with an M/M adaptor. Look in my sig below. That may give you more clearance, if that if what you are after.

CuckFumbustion

Don't know exactly what you want to do, but if you need the heater cover to be higher in the EQ in relation to the cover you might replace it with an M/M adaptor. Look in my sig below. That may give you more clearance, if that if what you are after.
:nod: That'd be the easier path, plus the water piece would be further away from the heater.

His sig for the heater mod, plus the standard instructions would get someone closer to that goal.
You could go custom. Like he did in the pics. There is enough how to vids on you tube also. Here is one from vapeworld for example.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian I get what your saying.....

And the answer is yes, you can cut that cover down, you can remove it completely so your tube fits directly on with no adapters.....

If you do start butchering the eq, take some pics.....
That's the answer I was looking for!

I will make a new case. (easier)
I was blown away on how efficient the "Q" is?
Personally I think it's worth being creative!

Good IDEAL to take pic's.

Before my cup of FRENCH ROAST I had a load of GORILLA GLUE.

NICE PARING!

@Dr. Soxhlet I like you ideal of using parts to raise the fitting.
Seem like a fun project to keep busy.

@CuckFumbustion thanks for your reply.

@kellya86 this will be fun!

Testing: PURPLE HOGSBREATH + D020 + 460F + @DDave parts = out in COMA land!!!

Last edited:

Dr. Soxhlet

Arizers' new balloon adaptor makes changing over to your bubbler really easy.
Here's the new setup with D020 and claisen adaptor. I never have used the bowl to combust, I just plugged it with a piece of cotton and pull it to clear the bubbler.
For filling I use the short Ddave adaptor on the EQ. Easy to use, less elbow clogging.

balloonglass.jpg

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
Is the idea behind the balloon/bubbler to not have to wait for full vapor production from a direct draw?

It seems like an extra step as opposed to just connecting the bubbler via a whip or something, especially since the bag and whip would likely have the same "negatives" on the purity of flavor.

I apologize for the ignorance, just the first time I've run across this setup (albeit i have not read through all bajillion threads)

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Where a bag & bong are useful is if you want the complete profile evenly spread @yogoshio. This may be if you are sharing a bag with someone or you may like consistency with vapour opposed to a ongoing reduction in vapour production.

I tried it several times with a 18mm whip adapter used as the mouthpiece going straight from EQ to bong. Never got the thick vapour from bags I achieved with a whip so while it worked it was a bust for me.

onOFd.jpg

Dr. Soxhlet

Is the idea behind the balloon/bubbler to not have to wait for full vapor production from a direct draw?

It seems like an extra step as opposed to just connecting the bubbler via a whip or something, especially since the bag and whip would likely have the same "negatives" on the purity of flavor.

I apologize for the ignorance, just the first time I've run across this setup (albeit i have not read through all bajillion threads)

One thing you get is a bunch of hits that are all the same. It just seems easier to me. The balloon takes a while to fill, but once done; sitting on the couch or moving around are easier than messing with the whip. The bubbler makes a sometimes too strong hit more tolerable.

CuckFumbustion

One thing you get is a bunch of hits that are all the same. It just seems easier to me. The balloon takes a while to fill, but once done; sitting on the couch or moving around are easier than messing with the whip. The bubbler makes a sometimes too strong hit more tolerable.
Been trying that method with my setup before. Can see the ease of moving the bag from the EQ to the Claisen. Instead of a plugged bowl, I have a broken chillum pipe as a carb which works great with my stereo matrix and my D020-D and the classic D020, I'm sure.:nod:

Another advantage. Once you fill a bag at the consistency you want, just unplug the bag attach it to a water piece that helps with restriction (like the d020 @Dr. Soxhlet pic'ed as his example) and you can empty a bag in 3+ power draws. No concerns about draw strength like with a whip. Might be a good passer in a small group.

I use my goose neck adapter instead of the newer bag kit Arizer has. Which looks like it could be adapted to fill a bag at it's I.D. instead of using the additional adapter. :hmm:You could still plug it into the water piece of your choice and have an even wider throat for even quicker bag fills.:peace:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I love the Q and I have a few units. (it didn't work well until I got a @DDave kit?)

So many fitting's in my pile.
I'll be at sea soon, however when In return I will proj-out!

I was trying to get use to SHATTER and lost the fight!
Loaded my WAX PEN'S today.
COMA hard!

@Dr. Soxhlet I seen your post on bag's!
I told @CuckFumbustion about bag's? (I think?)
I always wanted to try?

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
So last night I did this....

Loaded solo easy flow gong....

Loaded @DDave eq basket....

Did 1 huge hit on solo, (smoother vapour first), level 6 through the d020d....

Just as I finished exhaling the plentiful, solo vapour, with no air break between, I instantly grabbed the eq whip and hit a huge basket of convection vapour on 200 degrees ....

Just as I had finished exhaling the eq vapour, with no air break again, I grabbed the solo, (level 7 now), and had my second and final go on the bubbler....

My plan was to then grab the whip again and have my final eq go, on 210, but I just couldn't, I had to lay down for ten mins....

I then put 'The legend of Tarzan' on, and woke up this morning having watched, or remembered none of it...

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@Nugg, i will make a video, hopefully I can make it to the 2nd and final eq hit this time...

It reminded me of dabbing, the way It incapacitated me for 10 min's....

Another thing I like to do is, load the @DDave adapter, then load the basket, then load the section above the basket (ssv wand), then hit at 210.....

This gives one hell of a cloud...

In September I will have had my eq a year, and quit combustion and tobacco....

I am healthier than ever, I sleep better, eat better, wake better, and smell better....

All thanks to this amazing machine and this brilliant forum full of you loverly people.... I love fc and my eq.....

Last edited:
Top Bottom